Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,077 members, 7,957,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:14 AM

Before You Marry As A Man - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before You Marry As A Man (40090 Views)

If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / Women Who Didn't Marry As Virgin Should Return To Their Parent's House -Man Says / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by DenreleDave(m): 6:11am On Nov 07, 2019
9jayes:
3 bedrooms flat for Anambra is just 35k per year while dat of Kastina is 15k

35k per month or per year
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by SkinnyNigga: 6:20am On Nov 07, 2019
Omojudy:
You definitely don’t stay in Lagos. I hope you get some wonderful advice from this thread nonetheless.
Weldone so far.
must everything be about Lagos ?! mtcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 07, 2019
12k annual shop rent? Which state is this? Very cheap figure I must say
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 07, 2019
@op the problem is not about your earnings or savings..,the real issue here is you don't necessarily have to get married when you don't "need" it.
There is a big difference between wanting to get married and actually needing marriage.When humans are driven by a need it is easier to get things done

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Omojudy: 7:40am On Nov 07, 2019
SkinnyNigga:
must everything be about Lagos ?! mtcheeeeew
And you are quarreling because?
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 07, 2019
GeneralPula:
Me, I just dey here dey rock this song;

Hopsin- Hotel in Sydney... cool

I've just downloaded it and I like haha grin
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by InvertedHammer: 8:07am On Nov 07, 2019
ekestic1976:

You dey pay tithe and offering! Well, e be like say sufferness never reach your side, bro.
/
No advice necessary.

The guy is not a serious human being.

/

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by dave4rella(m): 8:09am On Nov 07, 2019
kiss

Op try and raise your income abit before getting married.

I'm even doubting the possibility of settling down with a basic salary of 110k, to a good and understanding banker girlfriend that earns 80k plus..
Never thought of marriage at this time of my life, but can't afford to loose such a nice girl..

So there's no stipulated standard before getting married, but try and earn something tangible, so that you can comfortably feed
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by johnad3(m): 8:17am On Nov 07, 2019
There's nothing like firstborn are behind, except you really want to put yourself behind. its normal to take care of the family but the word behind no, i disagree. firstborn are making it first in the family

kollinz1234:
Brother, a lot of men married having lesser than what u have now, today they are living conveniently;

Secondly, u may wait till ages if you are planning to make your family financially stable b4 getting married; Gods plans are different from ours, and it doesn't rest on your shoulders to make them financially stable, they are Gods responsibility. That is one of the mistake many of we africans do, especially we the firstborns, that is why most of us (firstborns) are behind our junior ones

Thirdly, my guy there is no flat of 2 bedroom flat for 50k not even in Ajegunle
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by GeneralPula: 9:03am On Nov 07, 2019
Northmall:

I've just downloaded it and I like haha grin

Naso boss man cool
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by GeneralPula: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2019
MrJonny:

Wetin dey to rock about talk?

Listen to the song well bossman. You’ll like it!
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by ugonna1054(m): 9:39am On Nov 07, 2019
kollinz1234:
ur reasoning is far below what's worth answering u
Thank you smiley
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by MiddleDimension: 10:13am On Nov 07, 2019
ornicus:

please keep your foolish entrepreneur PS to yourself.

unfortunately, in your empty bid to appear intelligent, you assumed that my salary would remain static going forward.

where in my comment did i say you should take to entreprenuership?
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 07, 2019
MiddleDimension:

where in my comment did i say you should take to entreprenuership?

Maybe I haven’t had my coffee. Your post came off as denigrating paid employment. The standard procedure after that is to sing the myriad benefits of entrepreneurship
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by MiddleDimension: 10:21am On Nov 07, 2019
ornicus:

Maybe I haven’t had my coffee. Your post came off as denigrating paid employment. The standard procedure after that is to sing the myriad benefits of entrepreneurship
i understand
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Allsingles: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2019
Naanlong01:
I recently turned 29 and i have never felt the reality of settling down like am feeling now. A brief introduction about myself: am the only male child of 3children, my mum almost singlehandedly raised us, though dad is alive and kicking but doesn't really care. I became an entrepreneur a year ago after NYSC.

Current monthly saving is less than 30k after tithe. I have the potential of doubling it before end of next year.

Note: i am not under any pressure to marry and am not even dating (not until i'm ready for marriage ) but i plan to marry when i turn 31 in 2021 after settling my mum and sisters, i believe they must be financially free especially my mum before i can settle for marriage. Now here comes the question, if you live in a 12k5 single room like me, pays 12k annual shop rent and 2bedroom flat apartment goes for 50k max (future marriage consideration) how much do you think its ok as a monthly saving before marriage. And if you are married, how much was your monthly saving then.

Expand your dream or your current business by investing more in it, set a target for yourself every
month, for instance you always make 30k for a month, put more efforts, dedicate more time,
more energy, it will improve your income.
Enroll in business school, attend business workshops where experts will expose their
secrets to you, apply them in your business and see yourself going higher.
Also, think of how to locate to another environment that has high demand of your goods,
location of business matters
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by shegzydave(m): 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
This your stroy is just exactly like my own, my mum raise us paid school fees but dad didn't care also, also into computer business center and fish farming wch I just started and POS business......I do daily contribution of 1k wch amount to 30k at the month end, people advice here I will also apply their advice to my own case too

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by shegzydave(m): 12:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
johnad3:
There's nothing like firstborn are behind, except you really want to put yourself behind. its normal to take care of the family but the word behind no, i disagree. firstborn are making it first in the family

Not even in Ilorin kwara state or even outskirt of Ilorin Ganmo/Amoyo axis....start from 120k upload
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by kingimmade: 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2019
stagger:
I invested 97,000 into a crypto trade and earned 400,000 in 3 days.

Am I saying you should do Cryptos?
OP, I suggest you read this book: The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco. It will help you think big.

sent u a pm
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by stagger: 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
truthsayer009:

You should be a Billionaire by now, don't you think?

By the time you add 4 zeros to my figure, maybe yes.

Unfortunately for you, my goal in life is not to be a billlionaire but to be comfortable enough to give out scholarships as well as empower people financially and skills-wise.

Money is not everything bro.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by kollinz1234(m): 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
abelwealth:
oga u wicked, u are stingy. Put a smile on ur parent face first.! Marriage involves money..use it on dem first,so dat wen u talk abt marriage everyone will b happy.
lol u call me wicked and stingy. Well I have done more for my parents and my family now that I am married than when I was single. I had nothing getting married yet they supported. Shortly after my marriage things turned around for us; today I have completed our building which has been lying uncompleted for nearly 10years now. Our second to the last born leaves with me and goes to school from my house. My mum is now handling a Restaurant business, which is an upgrade to the foodstuff she was selling b4 considering her income. Yet u judge me because my view is difft from yours. With your singleness, what remarkable thing have u done for ur family?? Responsibilities never come to an end so do not allow it delay u. You do not know when u will finally make it in life let God take control. If u get married being too old, at ur children teen age, the society will rough handle them because their father has no strength; he has become just like a log of wood and if u still didn't make it, the they will be living careless lives to take care of themselves because u are no longer strong enough to do so. Let God give us wisdom

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by extremelygolden: 7:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
kollinz1234:
Brother, a lot of men married having lesser than what u have now, today they are living conveniently;

Secondly, u may wait till ages if you are planning to make your family financially stable b4 getting married; Gods plans are different from ours, and it doesn't rest on your shoulders to make them financially stable, they are Gods responsibility. That is one of the mistake many of we africans do, especially we the firstborns, that is why most of us (firstborns) are behind our junior ones

5 bedroom flat that year in Akungba, Ondo State was N19,000 per annum and it was rented by the company I worked with as Staff Quarter. The parlour alone could conveniently build another 2 bedroom flat here in Lagos State.

We laughed until tears were dropping from our eyes when we heard the amount paid as rent. We just couldn't comprehend it, with spacious rooms ooo. And it was in a very beautiful location.

Op doesn't live in Lagos.
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by xcelentattitude(m): 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
yomi007k:

grin u need migrate.

Is FCT o my brother grin

Is not a general amount anyway, it's my area.

This money we self go get am
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by abelwealth(m): 11:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
kollinz1234:
lol u call me wicked and stingy. Well I have done more for my parents and my family now that I am married than when I was single. I had nothing getting married yet they supported. Shortly after my marriage things turned around for us; today I have completed our building which has been lying uncompleted for nearly 10years now. Our second to the last born leaves with me and goes to school from my house. My mum is now handling a Restaurant business, which is an upgrade to the foodstuff she was selling b4 considering her income. Yet u judge me because my view is difft from yours. With your singleness, what remarkable thing have u done for ur family?? Responsibilities never come to an end so do not allow it delay u. You do not know when u will finally make it in life let God take control. If u get married being too old, at ur children teen age, the society will rough handle them because their father has no strength; he has become just like a log of wood and if u still didn't make it, the they will be living careless lives to take care of themselves because u are no longer strong enough to do so. Let God give us wisdom
sorry for the insult at first..but u dont advise us in our singlehood to go get a wife,when things never jet well bro..i dont want to suffer any mans daughter right now, i just have to work on my goals and dreams ,thereby actualizing dem and helping my family atleast doing sometin tangible for dem.b4 involving mysf in any marriage.
You were lucky ,but dats not the ryt advise you have to give to our current youth..i have known alot of people who did dsame tin u did..all dey ended up is living in pains and curses there parental home.
This people took care of you while you went thrrough the four walls of education.atleast put a smile on there face first..is nt must you will kill a cow for dem..but do the needful..
There is time for everytin..me i cant rush for marriage bro...the time will soon come..
The big money plan first..
Am almost dere..nd i believe i will make it..Gods willings

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by MrJonny(m): 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2019
GeneralPula:

Listen to the song well bossman. You’ll like it!

The lyrics deep sha #insideLife
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Kfed4ril(m): 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
kollinz1234:

Bros in oyo where I served a 3 bedroom apartment I rented it with my guys for 70k.
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by fetrillion(m): 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
ekestic1976:

You dey pay tithe and offering! Well, e be like say sufferness never reach your side, bro.
Leave him...he understands the kingdom's principle.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by anu3: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
Grupo:

He has been tithing yet earns 30k a month.

Many of us don't tithe, don't even believe in your God yet we earn that 30k in a day most times.

So where is the blessing?

Only an ultra foolish African believes that handing his money over to a pastor charlatan would make him rich.

Hmmm... Friend, if you don't mind my comment I would say, you know, we Fool ourselves a lot. That's why there's much Self-deception in Christianity and about how people try to please God. People actually worship men (especially head pastors), and the church buildings.

It's common that many of us are not Born again nor obey Jesus according to the new testament: yet we are Bound by Pastors that are not under God but Money and their Bellies.

Not to argue, but I've found that any TRUE man of God (follower of Jesus) should get light about Tithing and MONEY in general in about 2 to 5 years of ministry (or even less, my opinion). Also, why wasting time playing religion and church when the truth seems unacceptable or foolish to oneself. Why not forget about it altogether instead of fooling oneself with fake pastors which are more common.

In the new testament Jesus requires 100% of one's life, not just 10% of money. If tithing was required, be sure Jesus, Paul, Peter and others would have commanded it and repeated it in scriptures over and over as they did about Loving and Fearing God, Repentance, taking up one's Cross, humbling oneself, etc.

To know the truth, we've got to put great pastors and church doctrines on one side, then take the Bible (particularly Matthew through Revelation) and read, asking God for revelation. Just like the Berean christians dealt with even the great Paul the apostle. Acts 17:11

Grace...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

May I Not Marry A Woman Like My Mum / Woman Climbing Fence With Backed Baby (photo) / A Typical Face-me-i-face-you Occupants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.