Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,386 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Before You Marry As A Man - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before You Marry As A Man (39825 Views)

If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / Women Who Didn't Marry As Virgin Should Return To Their Parent's House -Man Says / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by gurunlocker: 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
loswhite:
travel and educate yourself... Alot of cities In Nigeria you will get good 2 bedroom flat for less than 50k a month

What's this one saying? What amenities will you get in a 50k 2bd house? How many states have you visited?

Maybe you will see that in the North... That 50K is an Agent fee on a 2bd flat.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Youngzedd(m): 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2019
loswhite:
are you referring to per annum or per month?

Per annum.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Grupo(m): 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2019
loswhite:
you can't even read...lol. he saves 30k not earn 30k per month

What's the difference? That's still peanuts.

If he adds the 10k or so he gives to a fraudster called pastor, it would make a lot of difference.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by jlomz: 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2019
9jayes:
3 bedrooms flat for Anambra is just 35k per year while dat of Kastina is 15k
Bros are you serious?

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Bbbwings: 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
loswhite:
per month?
grin
You sef reason am na
Per month ke
You wan kill me

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by millionboi2: 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
Blogfarms:
Please tell me where you live....
If you are in Lagos, it's possible but it has to be face me I face you, where they pay 2500/month
My candid advice no matter where you stay is
1. Double or tripling your current savings is the way forward
2. Multiple source of income will help you
3. Marry a lady that brings something to the table
Marriage no be beans o
Don't be pushed, do it at your own ease
Pampers cost o
Baby food is gold
Hustle first, don't let your children curse you

hahaha....if Pampers cost,condom cheap
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by yomi007k(m): 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
xcelentattitude:

And I am paying 70k here for one room.
grin u need migrate.
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Sagay212: 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
So long as you don't live on Lagos, abuja or any expensive city.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Jhamzy(m): 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
Bro calm down. If not anybody at least he has to take care of his mom at his own capacity per time.
Smile4mee01:
Brother...

Listen... You are a good man with a good heart.
I am the only male child as well... Many unsuccessful men today are what they are because they assumed responsibilities that is not thiers. Why do u feel prompted to settle your sisters and mum.

Bro... Survive.first, grow and flourish. Then seek out what you can do to help your family not at your detriment.

Be careful with women bro. Dont be in a hurry.... regardless of how good it looks man. It's still a risk. You could either turn out better or worse.

Just go MGTOW.
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by kelvindj98: 11:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
Grupo:

He has been tithing yet earns 30k a month.

Many of us don't tithe, don't even believe in your God yet we earn that 30k in a day most times.

So where is the blessing?

Only an ultra foolish African believes that handing his money over to a pastor charlatan would make him rich.
Africans are dumb. They believe that God will bless them miraculously yet their pastors require their donations to survive.
Why doesn't God miraculously provide for the Pastor's need, why should the congregration do it.
They go to their pastors for healing, yet the Pastors that pray for them travel out for medical care.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by ugonna1054(m): 11:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
kollinz1234:
Brother, a lot of men married having lesser than what u have now, today they are living conveniently;

Secondly, u may wait till ages if you are planning to make your family financially stable b4 getting married; Gods plans are different from ours, and it doesn't rest on your shoulders to make them financially stable, they are Gods responsibility. That is one of the mistake many of we africans do, especially we the firstborns, that is why most of us (firstborns) are behind our junior ones

Thirdly, my guy there is no flat of 2 bedroom flat for 50k not even in Ajegunle
tf you saying bruh undecided

If you like, don't go and work your ass to make a living, be yarning trash, God ll come down and put the money in your hands.

Y'all really need to see this video so you stop having mindset like this man right here
https://twitter.com/PhilipObin/status/1186756829575028737?s=19

@op, Honestly speaking, i think you are limiting yourself.... C'mon, doubling your 30k savings to 60k per month by next year ending .... Like someone said before, you probably need to leave your current environment, or change the kind of people you roll with. "You can only achieve as far as you can think"

Always aim for the best, if you don't get the best, you'd get the better, if not you'd get the good.

Set challenging AND realistic goals mehn,

I am not up to your age, you are way older and one goal that i have in my mind is that i never want to live in a rented apartment... I want to build/buy a house; for this to happen i know roughly how much i should expect to be making/saving to achieve that goal

Although our goals in life will definitely differ, one sure common thing is that people will always want the best out of Life.. The point is, it's not about wanting it, it's more of doing your possible best to make that want or need as the case maybe a reality!!

So how does 120k per month savings by the end of next year sounds??

P.S. These are just my opinions, you don't necessarily have to follow them smiley

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by toplinetrtrend: 11:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
Naanlong01:
I recently turned 29 and i have never felt the reality of settling down like am feeling now. A brief introduction about myself: am the only male child of 3children, my mum almost singlehandedly raised us, though dad is alive and kicking but doesn't really care. I became an entrepreneur a year ago after NYSC.

Current monthly saving is less than 30k after tithe. I have the potential of doubling it before end of next year.

Note: i am not under any pressure to marry and am not even dating (not until i'm ready for marriage ) but i plan to marry when i turn 31 in 2021 after settling my mum and sisters, i believe they must be financially free especially my mum before i can settle for marriage. Now here comes the question, if you live in a 12k5 single room like me, pays 12k annual shop rent and 2bedroom flat apartment goes for 50k max (future marriage consideration) how much do you think its ok as a monthly saving before marriage. And if you are married, how much was your monthly saving then.

In which village do they get 2 bedroom flat for 50k?

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by kollinz1234(m): 11:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
ugonna1054:
tf you saying bruh undecided

If you like, don't go and work your ass to make a living, be yarning trash, God ll come down and put the money in your hands.

Y'all really need to see this video so you stop having mindset like this man right here
https://twitter.com/PhilipObin/status/1186756829575028737?s=19

@op, Honestly speaking, i think you are limiting yourself.... C'mon, doubling your 30k savings to 60k per month by next year ending .... Like someone said before, you probably need to leave your current environment, or change the kind of people you roll with. "You can only achieve as far as you can think"

Always aim for the best, if you don't get the best, you'd get the better, if not you'd get the good.

Set challenging AND realistic goals mehn,

I am not up to your age, you are way older and one goal that i have in my mind is that i never want to live in a rented apartment... I want to build/buy a house; for this to happen i know roughly how much i should expect to be making/saving to achieve that goal

Although our goals in life will definitely differ, one sure common thing is that people will always want the best out of Life.. The point is, it's not about wanting it, it's more of doing your possible best to make that want or need as the case maybe a reality!!

So how does 120k per month savings by the end of next year sounds??

P.S. These are just my opinions, you don't necessarily have to follow them smiley
ur reasoning is far below what's worth answering u
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Vega100: 12:05am On Nov 07, 2019
ekestic1976:

You dey pay tithe and offering! Well, e be like say sufferness never reach your side, bro.
I stopped reading the rubbish when I saw that. Very u serious human being

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by GOOOGLE504(m): 12:23am On Nov 07, 2019
[/size][size=8pt]
Acidosis:

50k max for 2 bedroom flat? What part of the country do you wish/plan to raise a family?

I think you should vacate your current environment and try to expand your dream. If you insist on settling down at your current location, still work out a plan to raise your dream, set big targets and strive to achieve them. Regardless of where you live, set a target that is comparable to someone living in Lagos Mainland where a 2-bedroom goes for 500k min. Raise that 500k, pay 50k rent and save up the 450k.

A practical situation of reaching for the Sun and if eventually failing will land among the stars.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by GOOOGLE504(m): 12:28am On Nov 07, 2019
Vega100:

I stopped reading the rubbish when I saw that. Very u serious human being

Yea I blame the OP for giving us the unnecessary tithe information. If you don't believe in tithing and think God is a money doubler you may be doing it wrong.
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by ehinmowo: 12:37am On Nov 07, 2019
kollinz1234:
Brother, a lot of men married having lesser than what u have now, today they are living conveniently;

Secondly, u may wait till ages if you are planning to make your family financially stable b4 getting married; Gods plans are different from ours, and it doesn't rest on your shoulders to make them financially stable, they are Gods responsibility. That is one of the mistake many of we africans do, especially we the firstborns, that is why most of us (firstborns) are behind our junior ones

Smiling. Never say never. I saw a 2 bedroom flat in Shendam, Plateau State in 2017 for 55k. The flat has not been occupied since it was built because the neighbors felt it was kind of expensive. Note: I am almost sure I was the only "none indigen" that knew this. Because at the Federal low-cost (can't remember the spelling now), in the same Shendam, a self contained was around 70k.

By the way, the flat was like about 15 minutes ride from the Local government Secretariat. I knew this because i mingled with the indigenes there.

But before you say it's cheap, Shendam is a place where a married graduate receives 15k as a salary working as a teacher. It's either you do that or you farm or do some small businesses like barbing salon, food selling etc.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by stagger: 1:16am On Nov 07, 2019
I invested 97,000 into a crypto trade and earned 400,000 in 3 days.

Am I saying you should do Cryptos? No! (I studied this market and know it well enough to pull off trades like this). You can do other things. I recently heard of a student who made N68m from mini importation in Buhari's own Nigeria. A student!

OP, I suggest you read this book: The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco. It will help you think big.

Saving is for dummies and is old school. What you need is to learn how to make money on demand.

4 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by InvertedHammer: 1:29am On Nov 07, 2019
Naanlong01:

Current monthly saving is less than 30k after tithe. .
/

I have serious doubt that you will ever make it in life.

But then...I could be wrong.

/

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 07, 2019
stagger:
I invested 97,000 into a crypto trade and earned 400,000 in 3 days.

You should be a Billionaire by now, don't you think?
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by abelwealth(m): 2:37am On Nov 07, 2019
kollinz1234:

oga u wicked, u are stingy. Put a smile on ur parent face first.! Marriage involves money..use it on dem first,so dat wen u talk abt marriage everyone will b happy.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by CsRockefeller(m): 3:05am On Nov 07, 2019
ehinmowo:

Smiling. Never say never. I saw a 2 bedroom flat in Shendam, Plateau State in 2017 for 55k. The flat has not been occupied since it was built because the neighbors felt it was kind of expensive. Note: I am almost sure I was the only "none indigen" that knew this. Because at the Federal low-cost (can't remember the spelling now), in the same Shendam, a self contained was around 70k.

By the way, the flat was like about 15 minutes ride from the Local government Secretariat. I knew this because i mingled with the indigenes there.

But before you say it's cheap, Shendam is a place where a married graduate receives 15k as a salary working as a teacher. It's either you do that or you farm or do some small businesses like barbing salon, food selling etc.

You are telling the truth Sir.

Served in Jos and later had a vacation at Shendam
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by mcayomind: 4:12am On Nov 07, 2019
marriage is different from relationship, @29 you should've had a companion cos you cant just jump into marriage just like you want to buy a pack of sweet..... on your financial situation , 30k monthly expectations is not enough considering you're on a monthly budget out of the 30k. families, church, owanbe, shelters and food... all I could advice you is to look for a way to expand your business, join thrift meeting around you like market day meeting , or weekday meeting, 2000 every market day is 200k a year... at that you can borrow money to expand your business or wait till the meeting is over collect your money and venture into another businesses after all many ways enter a market.... through that you will definitely overcome the hustling..... N.B the most important is that at 29 you should've had a girlfriend, marriage is not a something you can just into anytime you so wish

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by MisterKings(m): 4:24am On Nov 07, 2019
Naanlong01:
I recently turned 29 and i have never felt the reality of settling down like am feeling now. A brief introduction about myself: am the only male child of 3children, my mum almost singlehandedly raised us, though dad is alive and kicking but doesn't really care. I became an entrepreneur a year ago after NYSC.

Current monthly saving is less than 30k after tithe. I have the potential of doubling it before end of next year.

Note: i am not under any pressure to marry and am not even dating (not until i'm ready for marriage ) but i plan to marry when i turn 31 in 2021 after settling my mum and sisters, i believe they must be financially free especially my mum before i can settle for marriage. Now here comes the question, if you live in a 12k5 single room like me, pays 12k annual shop rent and 2bedroom flat apartment goes for 50k max (future marriage consideration) how much do you think its ok as a monthly saving before marriage. And if you are married, how much was your monthly saving then.

This might help.
I got married earning 50k. Out of that 50k, I had 15k to myself after expenses. Including feeding, transportation, house rent and tithe.

I proposed with 6k in my account and living in my mother's apartment which I pay for after my dad's death.

I started planning wedding 1year in advance with the coins I had and my gf then now my wife supported me with all she had.

I prayed and fasted for about a month and Next thing I got a better job paying me more .

I got support for my wedding and got my apartment 3 days to my wedding day.

When it comes to marriage. For some reason it just seems like that is the prayer God likes to answer.

If you get the right woman and she is willing to stand by you. Just jump in the ocean if you don't know how to swim and you will get a life boat somehow. It is not the smartest thing to do, I know but sometimes faith is all you need.

Years ago I said to myself. I will never marry till I have 30 billion for account. But I noticed life does not work that way. You go plan everything finish and in the end things will go awry.

In your case you still have a couple of years to plan. But when you see the right woman don't let your over planning get in the way.

Just an advise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by jeff1607(m): 4:32am On Nov 07, 2019
buy land and build your house no matter how small.

all the money saved can finish just looking for a wife, courting a lady in Nigeria will gulp up half or more of your savings and pray you marry a good woman who has the same dreams as you, because if you don't nothing you can do to grow
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by MiddleDimension: 5:05am On Nov 07, 2019
Youngzedd:

Religion is man's attempt to manage his confusion about God>>>>>>Christianity is not a religion, has never been and will never be>>>> It is a revelation; an experience from the Holy Spirit! ¶¶¶¶ life is spiritual, therefore I must be spiritual.

that's exactly what christianity is, a RELIGION! the story oc christianity started with a confused attempt to explain the existence of man and the suffering he has around him. so christianity made the poor theory that a god formed man in absokute bliss and then he fell therefore a redemption by a scape goat, Jesus Christ is needed so that those who believe in him might have eternal life. all of which is complete confusion and absolute falsehood!

it is so funny how christians of today make failed attemps to try to remove christianity from the list of world religions simply because the word ''religion'' has got a negative conotation.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by MiddleDimension: 5:25am On Nov 07, 2019
ornicus:

Maybe because I am/was salaried, I do not think of saving towards marriage. Rather, I would say your income should reach a level. Your marriage is not a one off. It is a revolving expense. In 2003, I was earning 29k. I did not get married. In 2005, I was earning 50k . I did not get married. I then got a job paying. 150k, and I was married in 6 months. If course one can still lose a job, I do not look at marriage, which should last a life time, and which will ideally yield kids as something you save towards. Maybe I’m wrong.

your supposed progression is hardly an increament. by how much did your disposable income increase as you 'progressed'? i believe there is hardly an increment!

the measure of one's financial freedom and stability is in the amountvof disposable income they have
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by MrJonny(m): 5:27am On Nov 07, 2019
GeneralPula:
See as this guy man dey plan ahead for these hoes that ain’t worth it. Okay, Good luck

Me, I just dey here dey rock this song;

Hopsin- Hotel in Sydney... cool

Wetin dey to rock about talk?
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 5:36am On Nov 07, 2019
MiddleDimension:

your supposed progression is hardly an increament. by how much did your disposable income increase as you 'progressed'? i believe there is hardly an increment!

the measure of one's financial freedom and stability is in the amountvof disposable income they have

please keep your foolish entrepreneur PS to yourself.

unfortunately, in your empty bid to appear intelligent, you assumed that my salary would remain static going forward.
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by chieme123(m): 5:42am On Nov 07, 2019
faithfull18:

Is this a joke

Maybe its per month
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 07, 2019
kollinz1234:
lol u speak from a realist point of view, I understand. Money is good, but money doesn't save marriage. That is the mistake millions are making, that is why billionaires, millionaires etc are still divorcing. "He who findeth a wife, findeth a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. If wait till u are 40 and u still don't make the money (from ur own view) how will u take care of ur kids when they are 20 and u are 60 and ur streght dwindled. Ur biggest mistake will be to wait till u make money and then end up not getting the money and getting married late. At that stage, its even better not to get married or have kids because they will become nuisance to the society.

Don't say that money don't save marriage. It does. Infact, marriage can't survive without money.
That billionnaire divorce is strictly their personal and individual differences not because of money. There are equally many billionaires that are in happy marriages.
But most of the time a poor man divorced, its mainly because of money problem.
No money for food, he don't take care of me, children are out of school, all he does is climb me everyday cos he is jobless, she is a liability etc. All these because there is no money. U only fantasize about the life I want.

If a man is comfortable at a certain point in his life, don't care to expand or look for more opportunities to better his life as a single dude, I will be miles away from such person. The same is applicable to woman.
U can't live a successful.life without money. Even the oyibos that have everything virtually handed down to them free still struggle to make money to ease out on most life's problems.
But,a man who isn't afraid of expanding even at 50k a month is a very good marriage candidate anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Naanlong01: 6:02am On Nov 07, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/

I have serious doubt that you will ever make it in life.

But then...I could be wrong.

/

Of course you are wrong. Because its not your word nor anybody's that will make me stop tithing. For your information, even if my earning is #1000 sir, i will still pay my tithe of #100. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Group Of Divorced Nigerian Women Celebrate Initiation Of New Members (Pix) / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? / Woman Flaunts Superbaby Tattoo On Her Babybump (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.