Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? (18049 Views)

Easiest Way To Raise Fund For A New Business / Discover How To Raise Fund For Your Project. / Start A Petition And Raise Fund,A new startup help Nigerian to Start a petition! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by AlphikkaTech: 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
qanda:
OP, give us an idea of the business first, the industry it serves, is it a B2C or B2B business? Do you sell a product or offer a service? Do you have a business plan?

Answering these questions will enable the 'Senoir Class' members here offer you useful advice.

The generic response is:
-Family and Friends
-Crowd Funding
-Personal savings
-Take a loan
-Get a Business Partner
-Get an Investor
-Apply for a grant
Please give us a call 08160288961. I have a proposal for you concerning your app. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by studM(m): 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:
Lately, I have summoned the courage to start up a business. I have several business ideas but had being afraid to make the move because of all that is involved. I am ready to do so now but faced with the challenge of getting funds.
I will need about half a million to kick off and don't want to start with loan.

Do I need to write a proposal and submit to my prospective helpers or do I just meet and explain to them. I hope also to raise the fund from family and friends. How do I go about it please.

Thanks.

What is ur business propal madam

Tg
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by victorian(f): 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
adaperry25:
so how can I get investors since nairaland thread is hogwash according to u

Forget investors.. No investor anywhere. Except your parents.

Anyone coming as investor will want to get you laid and they still won't invest.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by studM(m): 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
adaperry25:
don't be deceived by submitting a proposal to so called investors ..no one is ready to help in this country.. better get your personal funds or funds from family and friends..I created a thread seeking for investors..some feigned interest and later ignored, one of them who is a nairalander was drilling me with questions unending, I was also giving him answers, when he got tired , he simply said he wasn't interested..it's when your business starts booming, you'll see the banks and investors knocking at your door and begging you to invest..that's the real Life

What is the business proposal you also have that nairalanders ignored u
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by coldFLARES1(m): 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2019
mabea:
If you can't save in your 8-5 job then you can't manage a business successfully. Business is like raising a family,you take full responsibility. Best option is to save some funds because you will feel discouraged when the people whom you hoped would help you fail you.
Here, is the realest truth!

When you get tired of an 8-5 job and is seeking to take on entrepreneurial challenges, helpers first want to know how much you saved relative to your earnings and scale of responsibities. Tbh, nobody else believes in the beauty of your dreams as you do, as such you won't blame people when they don't seem to share in the excitement or optimism you have about a new venture.

Even family that are well placed can be sceptical about pooling funds for the children's start-ups at times. So, the best bet is savings. Then family and friends.

If you're looking for someone to bankroll a theoretical idea, you may wait for longer than it takes to save up the money.

That year, a guy who was linked by a mutual friend wanted me to partner him in a new venture. Over the phone he made all rosy rosy projections and I told him we could deal on 50/50 contributions subject to other conditions too. He agreed! When it was time to make his, he said he hadn't money at all but the idea and that I should loan him his part of the business finance promising to pay when westart sharing profits.

I simply laughed and asked him to check if I had dada (a fool).I was gracious to tell him I can choose to start that business and employ him if I was sooo interested. No way you can say you have an idea you are not willing to spend oll of your savings on.

So Op, save first, then talk to family, then friends, then partners. No loans please!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by adaperry25: 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
studM:

What is the business proposal you also have that nairalanders ignored u
contact my signature
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Mekanus(m): 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
OgbanjeProphet:
Before you waste your scarce resources on any business in this country, learn and understand the business well. No go open shop just because Chinedu get shop.

God bless your efforts.
hahahaha true talk.

The bolded got me rolling on the flour.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Datguybilly97(m): 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
GRIND!!!!
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by studM(m): 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
adaperry25:
contact my signature

Send mail to abadamartins@gmail.com,we take it frm there
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
Beverlyjean:
Juve 1
Barca1
Spurs 1
Atletico1
Inter1
Young boys 1
Napoli1
Leeds under 3.5
Slavia Prague 1
Az Alkmaar 1

Put 50k... U will thank me later
Alabi Agent
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by oxiide22(m): 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2019
iLegendd:
Below are the only truth you need.

1. Nobody is willing to invest until things are booming
2. Write a book and sell on Amazon to raise fund
3. Now, use your Amazon money and invest

I'm a living witness. For more info, use YouTube or Google.

All the best.
Real Nigga

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Gudlite: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

Am tired of the 8-5 jobs 6 days a week. You get salaries that you can hardly save. You spend years building someone else dream with nothing to show for it while yours is busy drinking Pepsi.
One needs to take the bold step now or remain at the mercy of employers

I Love this,if you really mean what you said then lets chat: zero seven zero one seven seven seven nine seven one eight

I have a good idea for you
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by adaperry25: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
studM:

Send mail to abadamartins@gmail.com,we take it frm there
done
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by LordKO(m): 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
@OP

Send me a PM if you're in the legal profession.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
coldFLARES1:
I'm sure she has worked and saved what she can. Remember there are those who has worked for 10yrs without 50k in savings now
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by JayJam20182019: 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
MountainView:
Don't hope for any investors,cos there ain't any in Nigeria at the moment,the ones we have are busy investing in Tacha and Mercy.

Just look for a part-time job save enough Money, if the business becomes a success.

Investors go dey knock for your door like Jehovah's Witness

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by CoolAmbience(m): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:
Lately, I have summoned the courage to start up a business. I have several business ideas but had being afraid to make the move because of all that is involved. I am ready to do so now but faced with the challenge of getting funds.

Do I need to write a proposal and submit to my prospective helpers or do I just meet and explain to them. I hope also to raise the fund from family and friends. How do I go about it please.

Thanks.

Tg

Write a clear and realistic proposal, and present same to your target investor(s), irrespective of whether they are your relatives or friends.

This is really important, as it would give a new dimension of impression about you. Ensure you engage one on one with the person at their most convenient time, so you can avail them of an overview of the business plan, before dropping the document.

Importantly, do not be afraid to fail. Know and continually grow your knowledge of your industry and market. Always get up when you fall and keep going. One way of ensuring that you are able to get up each time you fall is to ensure that your business solves a real problem; one which you are passionate about.

I wish you luck in your entrepreneurial journey.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by MountainView: 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2019
Beverlyjean:
Juve 1
Barca1
Spurs 1
Atletico1
Inter1
Young boys 1
Napoli1
Leeds under 3.5
Slavia Prague 1
Az Alkmaar 1

Put 50k... U will thank me later

grin
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Temptee101(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2019
shocked

I feel your pain, Nigeria is not business friendly. Just open one small shop and see tax from left, right and center from govt and agbero and no job anywhere

Nigeria is just something else, wish us all the best. Good luck to you
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Klington: 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
Britishcoins:

It was God's intervention, because even the shop I rented that 50k is not up to the money I spent on the agents....

I even left entire northern region to far away south, he will only be seeing me maybe on social media.....
Some uncles and aunt are very wicked...

Thank God for your success story bro.

Some relatives are just naturally evil
They will rather do anything possible to make sure you don't succeed.

i keep asking myself how these people sleep at night.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by coldFLARES1(m): 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I'm sure she has worked and saved what she can. Remember there are those who has worked for 10yrs without 50k in savings now
I know and I did modify.

In the modification, I said helpers /partners/contributors would want to know the volume of her savings relative to her earnings. And this would be gauged against her responsibities before they would want to sign-up to her idea.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by GideonOludayomi(m): 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

Am tired of the 8-5 jobs 6 days a week. You get salaries that you can hardly save. You spend years building someone else dream with nothing to show for it while yours is busy drinking Pepsi.
One needs to take the bold step now or remain at the mercy of employers

you should take his advice. now you see, don't use your business venture as an escape route or a means to an end, believe me, when you start, you will soon begin to think your village people are really strong. Business is good, having that at the back of your mind would help you maximize the certain opportunities while you are running your 8-5 job.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by InvertedHammer: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

Thanks.

Tg
/
Do you have any collateral to put up against the N500k?
\

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by seangy4konji: 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
Sell your kidney man

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
seangy4konji:
Sell your kidney man
where can I sell? Kindly reply ASAP

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by seangy4konji: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
BLUELemon:
where can I sell? Kindly reply ASAP
DM me...hope say u don't drink and smoke..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by mabea: 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
coldFLARES1:

When you get tired of an 8-5 job and is seeking to take on entrepreneurial challenges, helpers first want to know how much you saved relative to your earnings and scale of responsibities. Tbh, nobody else believes in the beauty of your dreams as you do, as such you won't blame people when they don't seem to share in the excitement or optimism you have about a new venture.

Even family that are well placed can be sceptical about pooling funds for the children's start-ups at times. So, the best bet is savings. Then family and friends.

If you're looking for someone to bankroll a theoretical idea, you may wait for longer than it takes to save up the money.

That year, a guy who was linked by a mutual friend wanted me to partner him in a new venture. Over the phone he made all rosy rosy projections and I told him we could deal on 50/50 contributions subject to other conditions too. He agreed! When it was time to make his, he said he hadn't money at all but the idea and that I should loan him his part of the business finance promising to pay when westart sharing profits.

I simply laughed and asked him to check if I had dada (a fool).I was gracious to tell him I can choose to start that business and employ him if I was sooo interested. No way you can say you have an idea you are not willing to spend oll of your savings on.

So Op, save first, then talk to family, then friends, then partners. No loans please!
Well said

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2019
seangy4konji:
DM me...hope say u don't drink and smoke..
no I don't smoke... Sent it
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by NonFarmPayrol: 4:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
adaperry25:
don't be deceived by submitting a proposal to so called investors ..no one is ready to help in this country.. better get your personal funds or funds from family and friends..I created a thread seeking for investors..some feigned interest and later ignored, one of them who is a nairalander was drilling me with questions unending, I was also giving him answers, when he got tired , he simply said he wasn't interested..it's when your business starts booming, you'll see the banks and investors knocking at your door and begging you to invest..that's the real Life

Yea all these fake nairaland Angel's

Remember them back then

Thank God we don't need them again
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by imaxx: 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
500k lot of fund , what collateral will you put on ground
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by I888(m): 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
MadCow1:

How much money are you looking for?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked boss are you still on here?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by shegzydave(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2019
people dont wanna help this days again oo especially if you tell them you wanna use the money for business, i have a friend who have promise to help me since january till now nothing nothing, whenever we are chating he will be sayin he didnt forget me imagine till now from jan-nov, also another friend that one is not even turning up at all, but thank God august this year i met destiny helpers just two people on twitter who God use for me each of them send me 100k each and also one of my uncle send me 30k that how i start business ooo, if you are waiting for friends and family honestly u just wasting time. pray to God for destiny helpers to locate you like God answer my prayer.... those that help me on twitter since august till date i have not heard there voice because they refuse to give me their number we only communicate on twitter......may God bless continue to bless them in every aspect of their life...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Be Poor (nigerian Edition) / FG Appoints Abdul-Akaba Sumaila As Sole Administrator Of Ajaokuta Steel Complex / What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.