Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,570 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:12 PM

Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) (98403 Views)

Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) / FG Patches Potholes On Sagamu-Ore Axis Of The Lagos-Benin Expressway / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by bareal(m): 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
This OP never Sabi shomtin.... Make e just go sango, Owode, Agbara, Idiroko, Abeokuta Road, he would be so ashamed to be called a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by thatigboman: 9:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Says someone who doesn't even have an international passport .

Every country has a slum. In the U. S there are slums too. Sadly most of these slums are usually inhabited by black people who go there to spoil their country for them.
every country has terribly highways like lokoja-Benin, onitsha-Enugu, Enugu-ph, Lagos-onitsha, ph-Benin, owerri-ph, ABA-ikot ekpene, calabar-uyo, minna-suleija and 100s of death trap highways?

1 Like

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
gypsey:
Over here in the UK Slum dwellers are ussually a mixture of black british and African blacks/immigrants. like pekham, Dalston, hackney, brixton. you would also find large population of Nigerians mostly in Areas like Camberwell, lewisham, Abbeywood, pekham and woolwich.

Wow! while in US, the slums/hoods are predominantly the natural habitat for most black Americans to the extent that blacks from other nationalities even dread to live in such places.

1 Like

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Beautyaddy: 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
thatigboman:
every country has terribly highways like lokoja-Benin, onitsha-Enugu, Enugu-ph, Lagos-onitsha, ph-Benin, owerri-ph, ABA-ikot ekpene, calabar-uyo, minna-suleija and 100s of death trap highways?

lol!...Are you minding those people lying to themselves. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by mechanics(m): 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ours is worse than theirs o.
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by stanliwise(m): 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
ursullalinda:
Didn't even know they also have potholes.....well pothole na pothole.....Good road na ihm sure pass
How I wish you could find/get/borrow any car and come to my area, if you eventually leave after 20 area boys rescue you from the wells we have on our road, you will come back and remove the bolded statement.

1 Like

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
MisterKings:
But why is it looking like Naija is cursed like this. We go see good thing for another country for the government to copy them na lie. Na only bad bad things we dey gum body put. Why.

Because, there is no accountability and the politicians are worshiped in Nigeria while in western countries, politicians are held accountable and considered as public servants and not feudal lords like the ones in Nigeria.

When you see a Nigerian politician overseas, he turns out to be the most humble and respectful individual and respects himself because he automatically becomes a nobody and very vulnerable but one's they get to Muritala Muhammad airport, those demonic spirits of wickedness, arrogance and feudal lord mentality repossessed them again.

1 Like

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Mac2016(m): 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2019
Roads get categories. Street Road in UK being compared with major road in Nigeria. Wrong comparison

1 Like

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Every country has a slum. In the U. S there are slums too. Sadly most of these slums are usually inhabited by black people who go there to spoil their country for them.

Who told u dat Americans dnt have blacks?
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Okworigeorge(m): 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
daddytime:

Lol...

Your life and everything you live for centers around a book called passport. Unfortunately for you and fortunately for me, heck no, it doesn't.

Who need passport when I sabi the road on foot to the Europe abi you no dey see my siggy?
that's ZUBBY77
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by pieces18: 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2019
KingAzubuike:

But blacks can spoil place sha
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by abbey621(m): 10:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
Yoighaman:

Bros leave story and stop defending another country's flaws while always quick to point out yours. 'Pothole' na 'pothole' whether na for motorable road, an alley, enclosed area or whatever you choose to call it. What you are doing is tantamount to TREASON.

Treason? Slow down Mufasa, don't use words bigger than your IQ...lol. Read up about segragation of duties, some roads are meant to be the work of federal and state while some are that of municipalities. There are some that are even left up to the homeowners/neighborhood associations but what do you know, as far as you're concerned road na road.... BUSH BOY.....lol.

1 Like

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Amhappy(f): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
All in the bid to justify a man who says Nigerians roads are not so bad. Meanwhile they don't travel by road. I wish I had the pictures of Nkpolu Junction in PH. You go see potholes abi sinkhole.

2 Likes

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Yoighaman(m): 10:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
abbey621:

Treason? Slow down Mufasa, don't use words bigger than your IQ...lol. Read up about segragatuon of duties, some roads are meant to be the work of federal and state while some are that of municipalities. There are some that are even left up to the homeowners/neighborhood associations but what do you know, as far as you're concerned road na road.... BUSH BOY.....lol.

Lol, get some sense and stop castigating your country....a Briton wouldn't do that, so please add some more sense, lol, I can lend you one if you need it, lol. Tell me the areas you have been to in London, you that claim to have a higher IQ and exposure. Idiat.
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Mays24(f): 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
Makefav:
if the portholes is found in UK then UK is not perfect, and some part of Nigeria is far better than Some part of UK

Why won't some part or Naija be better than some part in UK?
Even some part of Mali is better than some part of Canada.
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by abbey621(m): 10:33pm On Nov 08, 2019
Yoighaman:

Lol, get some sense and stop castigating your country....a Briton wouldn't do that, so please add some more sense, lol, I can lend you one if you need it, lol. Tell me the areas you have been to in London, you that claim to have a higher IQ.

I repeat stick to words at the same level....Britons including Europeans and Americans are among the most critical sets of people in the world, how do you think most revolution starts? Ode....Let's start from the USA where some refuse to stand for their national anthem or the UK where the protest against Brexit and high taxation has led to several people being arrested and several stand offs with the police. I've been to several places in London(oxford, brighton), several places outside of it including birmingham and kent, I've traveled over 14 countries and I've yet to meet someone duller than you....Get sense!

2 Likes

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Kennyswagz1(m): 10:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
gypsey:
Over here in the UK Slum dwellers are ussually a mixture of black british and African blacks/immigrants. like pekham, Dalston, hackney, brixton. you would also find large population of Nigerians mostly in Areas like Camberwell, lewisham, Abbeywood, pekham and woolwich.
so you live in the UK gringrin
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Kennyswagz1(m): 10:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
olioxx:

Iceland, Lufutan Island, Norway, Denmark, Switzerland. These countries dont have slum.
No need for argument. US and UK are overhyped abegi.
even Germany don't have any single shanties
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Kennyswagz1(m): 10:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
NnwachukuOkike:
What are these criminals doing with funds from Biafra Nation's natural resources?

Shame on nigeria and British.
your brain is full of relaxer
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Kennyswagz1(m): 10:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
justwise:

That is a lie
leave those guys to deceive their selves gringrin

1 Like

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Burgerlomo: 10:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
Britain colonized Naija so let the potholes gang continues grin
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
so you live in the UK gringrin
where else did i say i lived?
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
abbey621:

Treason? Slow down Mufasa, don't use words bigger than your IQ...lol. Read up about segragatuon of duties, some roads are meant to be the work of federal and state while some are that of municipalities. There are some that are even left up to the homeowners/neighborhood associations but what do you know, as far as you're concerned road na road.... BUSH BOY.....lol.
grin grin grin @ road na road.

1 Like

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
swedbase:

You lied. Mention any area with slum in Sweden. I am waiting with pictures.
There No slums in sweden, but recent Arivals from Somalia, Syria and Afghanistan, Infact. recent Muslim Refugee Arivals are starting to turn some parts into ghettos rather.
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 09, 2019
greatiyk4u:
Ok.....many who haven't left the shores of this country think outside Nigeria is perfect

We that have left 9ja can tell you that comparing Nigeria to UK is like comparing light and darkness.

The difference is clear no need to be hypocritical about facts
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 09, 2019
Monogamy:
What yah say

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by popizaino(m): 12:46am On Nov 09, 2019
fairfora:
E get one man wey get wetin yoruba dey call afojudi....meaning to under estimate or under date something. He was driving along ikeja gra popular road, instead of dodging the water logged portion of the road filled with stagnant water, he ran into it because he was driving an SUV, thinking he would wade through the water and same would help him wash the clog underneath his vehicle, as he drove in the stagnant water, suddenly, na only the roof of the suv we dey see. grin Opelope awon alaanu ara samaria, who helped out. Those guys actually hid there to make money from victims. The driver managed to get out of the vehicle. The whole interior was full of water. After negotiating with those guys around, they used one danfo bus to tow the suv out of the dish. What a city, what a country undecided and fashola would be saying 30% of our roads are good. Mtcheeew. He has suddenly join the league of liars.

You're even been generous with the 30% man said its only 15% and said we actually drove to bad portion that means most were good cheesy . He should come to Osun State alone í will be his tour guide and show him roads that have been abandoned since nigeria started us mobile phones and have not been done till date.

1 Like

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by armyofone(m): 6:20am On Nov 09, 2019
That UK road isn't a major road whereas the Nigerian road is a major road. Not comparable anyway.
That road is Nigeria Freeway named after Babangida.
What a joke of a shit hole!!
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by AjalaDtraveller(f): 6:29am On Nov 09, 2019
byrron:

Wow! while in US, the slums/hoods are predominantly the natural habitat for most black Americans to the extent that blacks from other nationalities even dread to live in such places.

I went to Newark in New Jersey to buy Nigerian food stuffs. It was real difficult searching for the place. I regretted going to that area, I saw many idle mean looking black american guys clustered in groups. Its was so scary. There were police vehicles parked at different points. I don't want to imagine the fear of being sent to police such area. Ajegunle boys cannot scare me as much as those guys did. Those guys were jobless, probably drug gangs. They were many of them. The area was unkempt looking sef, weeds on the roads, trash everywhere. Ha! O bad gan.
Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Psoul(m): 6:52am On Nov 09, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Are these potholes limited to our slums?
So, now you want us to keep living this way, afterall, we can still find the same condition in advanced countries?
You are a miserable pathetic soul if you actually mean that.

In Nigeria, you will see these death traps on most of our roads. History will also show you that several contracts have bn awarded for these roads to be fixed and someone is telling me UK this UK dat.

The Op that sent this is an asslicker.
He forgot that that his friend sending him the pics of UK potholes may be living in one of those GGRAs (God & Government Rejected Areas)

Tell him to come to the UK major roads and cities and show us their potholes there and let's compare with the ones on our major raods and within the cities.

The potholes have become so bad to an extent it started drawing our country's map

Re: Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) by Kennyswagz1(m): 7:00am On Nov 09, 2019
gypsey:
where else did i say i lived?
you never told me you live in UK when I asked you..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trailer Transporting Airplane Causes Gridlock In Edo / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.