Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral (69532 Views)

Pictures Of Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Picking Up Dirt In Lagos Street / Okowa Na Kowa Now Trending In The North: Photo / Elderly Man Enters University In Rivers State,matriculates.photo Goes Viral(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by AgentNairaland(f): 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
plaindealer:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7819207_421992337409987362335925734817874682314752n_jpeg2cd5983b9b441e9361f2807720a8daa5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10295506_efy1tocxsaaawmp_jpeg_jpegc18c8fbbbde291dd66f93b4cfbe70231

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10295509_efy1tocxsae8mv2_jpeg_jpegf8721adf9330e5b60b54b12225c301ca

Who do you blame for this? Jesus?

Hypocrites living like refugees forming on the internet as if their backward jungle is Dubai.

With the pictures of the kids you posted, is it not better than your whole community living with filth and squalor and lining up on the side of of the road for kerosene like Syrian refugees..

The poor people including the little baby already begging for kerosene from your own useless governor are not from the North.

Begging for Kerosene is Far better than this calamity nd bondage Muhammad put u... The poorest child in Igbo land will feed three Islam/Almajiri children in north

5 Likes

Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by theenchanter: 9:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Spew all the rubbish you desire, there are beggars from the SE roaming and begging on your village streets and I've posted pictures so stop wasting your time with yeye stories.

I'd rather live in the North that your filthy and dirty environment in your village.

You have more horrible situations in the SE than in the North.

According to your governor, your existence equal 1 gallon of kerosene on the side of the road, even little babies are already standing in line begging.

Mind the poverty, hunger and disease in your own village.

slashing my post mean i've hit ur nerve, d rest is just like beating a dead horse.

But as a reminder, the most underdeveloped set of humans in d world are found in the core north, even el-rufai admitted it.

Menigitis and polio have been eradicated in d world for a long time but still prevalent in d north, out-of-school children are mostly found in d core north (children are taken off street in d south during school hours, parents may even face d consequence) but not in d north.

Illiteracy and child marriage is d norm up north, in fact, d differnce between south and north is miles apart.

U only console urself by saying "but we're ruling d country".. not knowing its a deliberate attempt by ur leaders since they're not competitive with their southern counterpart.

U claim u're ruling d nation but u're missing in almost all private sectors since private sectors employ on merit and not through federal character.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
donprinyo:

Continue in your ignorance. The government have refuse to hold all dis parents bringing diz kids to book. So whatever comes out as a result of diz neglects, na una go carry am just like bokoharam de deal with una now. Enjoy ur almajiris.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Good evening.

Just because some Ibos do crime, does not make all Ibos crime.

Continue listening to those who abuse and insult your tribe, you are giving them power and authority over you. Instead of you to ignore them.

Serously, jsut ignore them.

P.S As I have said upthread....an Ibo copule my parents knew adopted a Fulani child, who was abandoned. Another Yoruba copule my parents knew adopted a Hausa almajarinci child. Both of them followed due process. ie...they applied, got the appropriate legal documents, and did everything the right way. They did not go on the street like those criminals you are defending....and take children without their consent from their parents...they did everthing..including getting the appropriate cosent from relatives where neccessary.

We have laws in this country.
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by dochenaj: 9:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
For the Northern elites, it is all about a power tussle between the North and the South, so they encourage reproduction in order to maintain a larger population than the South.
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by mrkings84(m): 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hunger is everywhere i swear, but the only reason we in the South can't go down to this extent is the difference in psyche

1 Like

Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by theenchanter: 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
UncleJudax:

Lol. It is politics. As much as you think you are better than them but have refused to use your head... they (alamajiris) will continue to call the shots...how has it bettered their lives is relative. Surely the north are ripping you off.

They have the richest man in the country...control the oil in your backyard...control all the top level positions in the land...

Na wa to you o
those almajiris don't have a mind of their own, they can be easily manipulated, they don't know the importance of their vote, as a matter of fact, they don't even know they're voting, they're just being used.

Since they have the richest man in the world, why do they have the worst kind of poverty in d country? How do they control d oil in ur backyard?
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
mercyokoro24:
A photo has emerged showing a tired Almajiri boy sleeping on a pile of dirt along the road in Northern Nigeria.

The sad photo was shared by a Kano based Facebook user.

The photo describes the fate of many Almajiri children who are abandoned by their parents after being sent out to fend for themselves.

Almajiri is a system of Islamic education practiced in northern Nigeria. Almajiri derives from an Arabic word, rendered "al-Muhajirun" in English transliteration, meaning a person who leaves his home in search of Islamic knowledge.

But, the system has been bastardized over the years.

Source>>>https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/11/sad-photo-of-nigerian-child-sleeping-on.html

Naturally.
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by homirefacuny(m): 9:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:
Some people erroneously think northerners love themselves, but I keep on telling them that there is no element of truth in it.
How can you say you love your people and you deprive them from education and civilizations? You keep them impoverished so that you can use them for your selfish gains. Don't be surprised this lad voted for Buhari in the last presidential election.

Virtually all the schools GEJ built to educate them have been abandoned by the same Northerners.

I look forward to the day I will stop sharing the same nationality with these people

Do you think that day will come soon sha? Just thinking out loud
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by bilulu(m): 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
Osaze007:
The Hypocrisy of southern Nigeria
No be the same thread dem see Igbo children Dey do the same thing
Instead of you to call out the billionaires in the state you re calling southerners Abi u no read were Dey said a northern Facebook user posted it?
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by donprinyo(m): 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kanade21:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Good evening.

Just because some Ibos do crime, does not make all Ibos crime.

Continue listening to those who abuse and insult your tribe, you are giving them power and authority over you. Instead of you to ignore them.

Serously, jsut ignore them.

P.S As I have said upthread....an Ibo copule my parents knew adopted a Fulani child, who was abandoned. Another Yoruba copule my parents knew adopted a Hausa almajarinci child. Both of them followed due process. ie...they applied, got the appropriate legal documents, and did everything the right way. They did not go on the street like those criminals you are defending....and take children without their consent from their parents...they did everthing..including getting the appropriate cosent from relatives where neccessary.

We have laws in this country.
Am not defending kidnapping of any kind. According to Sanusi, some parents in de north should been arrested or fined for neglect. Children should also not be allowed to roam around without care else anything possible can happen to dem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by JonDon12: 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
abbey621:

LMAO....I've lived and worked in the USA for a decade now, you guys must think social service is some kind of magical wand or fairy that takes away poverty and hunger....LOL. At least do your research on Google, 1 in 5 American children are starving. 1 in 7 adults go to bed hungry everyday. 1 in 4 black households cannot guarantee 2 square meals a day. We have more kids who ran away from the foster system per year than we can count, social services can only help those that they can find and even at that backlogged cases can take years to resolve!

Bullshit. I have lived and worked in America for longer than you. In America, no one starves. My pastor ran a food pantry for years and I know for a fact that Publix Employees, Krispy Kreme as well as Dunking Donuts Employees have standing orders to feed anybody coming in Hungry. In America, people get food stamps and during times of Emrgencies their cards are automatically funded. Also every major food retailer e.g Walmart and Aldis have to have a disposal plan for excess food. The smaller guys like Star bucks and 7 ELeven can throw away their excess food. Walmart or Publix can't. In my city, they have to donate it. In America the basic rule is the poorer u are, most likely the fatter you are. Also and I am not encouraging theft but Walmart door scanners do not beep for most food items in my city, the SKUs are removed from the Database.

The stats u are using are incidences. So 1 in 5 children may have incidences of hunger at least one day a year. It does not mean they starve 365 days of the year.
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by UncleJudax(m): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
theenchanter:
those almajiris don't have a mind of their own, they can be easily manipulated, they don't know the importance of their vote, as a matter of fact, they don't even know they're voting, they're just being used.

Since they have the richest man in the world, why do they have the worst kind of poverty in d country? How do they control d oil in ur backyard?
Hahaha. This is the mentality that has made the south second class Nigerians.

Get this, politics and elections are about wining Hearts and minds...aka emotion. The alamajiris are doing their bit, how they a fairing is non of your business. Royalties and top Northers own oil wells in your village, you can't own 1g of Nickel in the North.

Dangote is being subsidised by the FG to build a refinery, while they make sure none of the public refineries are working.
Who heads NNPC?
who is the petroleum minister?
Who is in charge of NPA?
Customs? .....

The alamajiris are used to put the North in power...so they determine how much you pay for anything in the country...

In politics, everyone is used, the question is...if you are better than them, why do they control your life?
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by plaindealer: 10:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
[s]
AgentNairaland:

Begging for Kerosene is Far better than this calamity nd bondage Muhammad put u... The poorest child in Igbo land will feed three Islam/Almajiri children in north
[/s]

lol... Bondage is actually living in filth, squalor and lining up on the side of the roads with little children begging for kerosene.

Just look at the pictures of your market where you buy food to put in your mouth? Slime, odious and rotten garbage.

I'd rather live and die in the North than the poor and diseased villages in the pictures.

lol @ ibo land will be free.. free like how you can not make a living until you run to the North for survival.

Even when they threaten you to live or die, you end up begging and begging to stay in Northern bondage.

Abeg keep quiet and know your place.
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by Banmeallday: 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
He should have have joined to form Arewa Republic....see the legislatures considering Hate Speech bill again ...nawah
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by abbey621(m): 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
JonDon12:

Bullshit. I have lived and worked in America for longer than you. In America, no one starves. My pastor ran a food pantry for years and I know for a fact that Publix Employees, Krispy Kreme as well as Dunking Donuts Employees have standing orders to feed anybody coming in Hungry. In America, people get food stamps and during times of Emrgencies their cards are automatically funded. Also every major food retailer e.g Walmart and Aldis have to have a disposal plan for excess food. The smaller guys like Star bucks and 7 ELeven can throw away their excess food. Walmart or Publix can't. In my city, they have to donate it. In America the basic rule is the poorer u are, most likely the fatter you are. Also and I am not encouraging theft but Walmart door scanners do not beep for most food items in my city, the SKUs are removed from the Database.

The stats u are using are incidences. So 1 in 5 children may have incidences of hunger at least one day a year. It does not mean they starve 365 days of the year.

I don't have to argue with you, the statistics says that you're wrong!

[url]https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNSMZlPqMrMlQR3CNue5LQk_k1UT9Q%3A1573767995470&source=hp&ei=O8vNXeLyGcGQ_Qbn35ywAw&q=1+in+5+american+kids&oq=1+in+5+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.35i39j0l9.2900.4421..6710...0.0..0.73.449.7......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i67.iEfqKw8DRC4[/url]
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
UncleJudax:

Hahaha. This is the mentality that has made the south second class Nigerians.

Dangote is being subsidised by the FG to build a refinery, while they make sure none of the public refineries are working.

?

The thing is, the government has also given out a lot of private refineries licenses to build and operate....and the reason why they aren't operating is because subsidy on petrol means they would operate at a loss...for every liter of fuel they refine.

As for Dangote...the government is not paying or subsidisng him in the building of his refinery. 3billion dollars of the cost came from his pockets...the rest came from loans from international banks, and from the African development bank, part of said loans the government past and present helped secure because the refinery is after all for Nigeria's benefit.

And the reason why Dangote gets those loans is because if things go wrong...the banks can easily get their money back.

Even then, the subsidy on fuel may make things difficult for Dangote to operate his refinery. He may make some money on selling other refined products which aren't subsidized...like Diesel and Kerosene...but I doubt he would make a profit on selling fuel at N145 per liter...when the production cost might be higher.

As for NNPC refieneries not operating...corruption, plus the fact that the subsidy regimen forces NNPC to in essence operate at a loss.

If oil subsidy went or was completely removed..ie Buhari stops paying undereecovery and leaves the price setting in the hands of marketers...prices would go up, leading to probably more refinereis as investors move in to take advantage of potential profits..., and NNPC now having the profit potentially to fund refineries upgrade, and build more. The thing is, it would also cause hardship , especially raised food prices...for Nigerians. So, government keeps on paying subsidy(no matter what they say, or they call it).
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by JonDon12: 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
abbey621:

I don't have to argue with you, the statistics says that you're wrong!

[url]https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNSMZlPqMrMlQR3CNue5LQk_k1UT9Q%3A1573767995470&source=hp&ei=O8vNXeLyGcGQ_Qbn35ywAw&q=1+in+5+american+kids&oq=1+in+5+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.35i39j0l9.2900.4421..6710...0.0..0.73.449.7......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i67.iEfqKw8DRC4[/url]

No you are misreading the statistics. It says they lack the food to lead a healthy life, NOT they are Hungry. But I dont want to argue about Hunger in America. America has enough analysts, social workers and government staffers to do that.
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by abbey621(m): 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
JonDon12:

No you are misreading the statistics. It says they lack the food to lead a healthy life, NOT they are Hungry. But I dont want to argue about Hunger in America. America has enough analysts, social workers and government staffers to do that.

I misread nothing, 1 in 5 kids don't know where their next meal will come from. 1 in 5 are living in extreme poverty. Your argument is that no kids goes hungry in America because we have social services, handouts and they can steal, your argument is based on your little town or geographical location and not based on any proper statistical research. As someone that works with numbers and stats all day, I find it comical but you're right no need to argue anymore grin grin grin
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by Tarabye: 11:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by UncleJudax(m): 11:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kanade21:

The thing is, the government has also given out a lot of private refineries licenses to build and operate....and the reason why they aren't operating is because subsidy on petrol means they would operate at a loss...for every liter of fuel they refine.

As for Dangote...the government is not paying or subsidisng him in the building of his refinery. 3billion dollars of the cost came from his pockets...the rest came from loans from international banks, and from the African development bank, part of said loans the government past and present helped secure because the refinery is after all for Nigeria's benefit.

And the reason why Dangote gets those loans is because if things go wrong...the banks can easily get their money back.

Even then, the subsidy on fuel may make things difficult for Dangote to operate his refinery. He may make some money on selling other refined products which aren't subsidized...like Diesel and Kerosene...but I doubt he would make a profit on selling fuel at N145 per liter...when the production cost might be higher.

As for NNPC refieneries not operating...corruption, plus the fact that the subsidy regimen forces NNPC to in essence operate at a loss.

If oil subsidy went or was completely removed..ie Buhari stops paying undereecovery and leaves the price setting in the hands of marketers...prices would go up, leading to probably more refinereis as investors move in to take advantage of potential profits..., and NNPC now having the profit potentially to fund refineries upgrade, and build more. The thing is, it would also cause hardship , especially raised food prices...for Nigerians. So, government keeps on paying subsidy(no matter what they say, or they call it).
I see where coming from...but na politics be all this...if it is not working for you, don't defend it. Same Buhari said there was nothing like Subsidy. Why did fuel pump price jump to 145? And subsidiary still day?

Dangote was promised a lower exchange rate by the FG for his imports with respect to the refinery...how is that not subsidisation?
NNPC is operating at a lost? Hahaha...these guys doubled the fuel consumption from 20/25 million liters a day to 50 million...do you know where the money goes?...they operate accounts not linked to Integrated payment system?...etc

Don't feel for the rich, unless you are one of them.

Be less emotional about your politics...

Be safe.
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by denjjy(m): 11:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
only those that observed their NYSC in Zamfara state or any of the core Northern state can really relate to that pic. my one year in Gusau, I saw many ugly scenarios of such, I saw young girl child married out at a very tender age, I saw little children that should be under parental care roaming the street and eventually starved starved to death, I saw many children without food, shelters, education and medical care. it's very bad all these happening despite having some few elites that should have spearheaded the forfeiture of all the retrogressive believes common among the majority illiterates .....the future of Nigeria esp the North is at great risk if cogent step is not taken to abolish all these barbarism hiding under religion. sometimes I hate being a Nigerian anytime I think about this demonic and failed almagamation by lord luggard, ain't working at all
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by denjjy(m): 11:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by Osaze007: 12:07am On Nov 15, 2019
omenka:
God bless you.

In addition to that, what proof exactly is there this was taken in the North or the boy is a northerner?

What proof is there this isn't even a set up? As in, someone asked the boy to lie there and then have the picture taken, after which they'd tip him with a hundred naira or so.

The same people you'd see condemning the North see similar sights in their neighborhood EVERYDAY. ABut of course they cant bring it online because that would bust their bubble of pride.

The same igbos are stealing those almajiri students
Edo people Dey do ashewo for Italy
Abeg May everybody face their region Las las
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by daddytime(m): 2:00am On Nov 15, 2019
UncleJudax:

The guy telling you that you not better than the alamajiris in the north. They are as fuckeddd as you are...heck they have more say in who becomes your president.

Get it....?

Ashlock...
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by Onitola2: 2:04am On Nov 15, 2019
mercyokoro24:
A photo has emerged showing a tired Almajiri boy sleeping on a pile of dirt along the road in Northern Nigeria.

The sad photo was shared by a Kano based Facebook user.

The photo describes the fate of many Almajiri children who are abandoned by their parents after being sent out to fend for themselves.

Almajiri is a system of Islamic education practiced in northern Nigeria. Almajiri derives from an Arabic word, rendered "al-Muhajirun" in English transliteration, meaning a person who leaves his home in search of Islamic knowledge.

But, the system has been bastardized over the years.

Source>>>https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/11/sad-photo-of-nigerian-child-sleeping-on.html
if u don't take care of d poor, their son won't let ur son rest.
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by Mokason28: 2:23am On Nov 15, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
This na normal sights in Zaria city naa and almost every parts of Hausafulanis core north
ALMAJIRI STANDARD
I can assure you that Buhari grew up like this boy
I ‘m watching you my son be very careful
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by AgentNairaland(f): 2:23am On Nov 15, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

lol... Bondage is actually living in filth, squalor and lining up on the side of the roads with little children begging for kerosene.

Just look at the pictures of your market where you buy food to put in your mouth? Slime, odious and rotten garbage.

I'd rather live and die in the North than the poor and diseased villages in the pictures.

lol @ ibo land will be free.. free like how you can not make a living until you run to the North for survival.

Even when they threaten you to live or die, you end up begging and begging to stay in Northern bondage.

Abeg keep quiet and know your place.

No wonder your Muhammad turned himself to a prophet after serious hunger, because I never see where it's written in Quran that Muhammad was anointed as prophet... Guy wake up en
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by Dedetwo(m): 2:29am On Nov 15, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
The imbeciles are more interested in ruling Nigeria than lifting their folks out of poverty. grin
Their evil will forever live with them.
Restructure the zoo una no gree isorait.

I do not care "If the imbeciles are more interested in ruling Nigeria than lifting their folks out of poverty".
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by mukthar2000(m): 2:43am On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:
people like u are d reason the north will remain d same for a long time... arrogance and ignorance.

If a knowledgeable northerner like u ( among d very few ) is talking and acting in this manner, then i feel sorry for u and every northerner.
i think u are the real arrogant and ignorance, I wish u can visit any of the nothan side u would have understand me better, but I don't have anything dragin with someone like u odeeee.
Re: A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral by plaindealer: 2:48am On Nov 15, 2019
[s]
AgentNairaland:

No wonder your Muhammad turned himself to a prophet after serious hunger, because I never see where it's written in Quran that Muhammad was anointed as prophet... Guy wake up en
[/s]

Who is responsible for the horrible conditions, the poverty, street begging and your filthy, dirty and stinky way of life.

Jesus or your roadside kerosene commissioning useless big bele governors.. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu / Shuaibu Removes APC Flag From Government House (Pictures) / Ibrahim Babangida Seriously Sick, Emaciated, Unable To Walk Unaided - ThisDay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.