Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List (84541 Views)

Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World / Dangote Now 64th Richest Person In The World - Bloomberg / Dangote Makes The List Of The 2018 Most Powerful People In The World - See Full (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by CloudResident(m): 11:28am On Nov 16, 2019
So Roman and Aliko are on same scale and Chelsea fans will be like, He can buy Aliko and still has enough change grin

5 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by nospmoht(m): 11:29am On Nov 16, 2019
BILL GATESsmiley I have an express vpn 1yr subscription 4 sale. Affordable
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by Annie001: 11:29am On Nov 16, 2019
wifeesnatcher:
lawd

that mod than ban me won't get rich than chairman Nurtw of a small branch at ikorodu. senate never introduced yeye bill you dey ban people up and down

Danboroba Ewu ode
Amen
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by IGBOSON1: 11:30am On Nov 16, 2019
franchasng:
When you are in certain countries or environment, you don't need to dream or wish of becoming a billionaire to be on world billionaires list unless you are from a highly influential political family like Aliko Dangote.

Dangote didn't become rich by hardwork or any special talent or invention, he became who he is today based on his family background which gave him political connections and favors from successive Nigerian governments.

So people should stop celebrating Dangote as if he did anything special to become rich; he was just fortunate to come from a rich family background with strong political links, nothing special undecided

People that worth celebration are the likes of Mark that invented something from nowhere at his age, people like Seun of Nairaland, people like Linda Ikeji, and all the people who worked the soil from nothing to build their wealth not people climbing through political ladder enjoying free FOREX money and government monopoly in business because of their influential family background and where they come from.

So all you Nigerians dreaming to be like Dangote, you all are wasting your time because Nigerian environment and government don't make policies that encourage and favor people from nobody's family background to climb to that ladder of becoming a billionaire in the world.

Even Otedola, his father was the former governor of Lagos. So if you look at all the so called billionaires from Nigeria, especially those from Northern Nigeria, all their wealth can be traced to politics and Nigeria's crude oil shady deals.

So if you want to become a billionaire in $$ and you are a Nigerian that doesn't come from the top looting political families in Nigeria, you are wasting your time, you better find a way to get out of Nigeria to counties like USA that support dreams of anybody ready to work and use his or her talent.

All you need to make it big in countries like USA, etc is the talent, the zeal to work and focus. Then find one challenge in the society there or a problem within your location in that country and use technology to find a solution to it and you are on your way to becoming rich, unlike in Nigeria where dreams are killed everyday, while looters, business fraudsters and political clouts are the only people that make free money and still get celebrated like they did anything special undecided

Spot on!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by sonature1: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2019
seancombs617:

If not for charity ,nobody would have ever topped bill gates.

Truly, that man is a giver: Bill and Belinda Gates Foundation

And God says that givers don't lack; I am a living testimony.

Funnily enough, I am not a salaried worker.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by ostechno(m): 11:31am On Nov 16, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
Nice one, why haven't we see the children of the world richest men displaying luxuries like mompha & others
According to Gates, his children were not allowed to use smart phone until they clocked 14

3 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by nospmoht(m): 11:31am On Nov 16, 2019
correctguy2010:
So Dangote is not even in 1st 100. I'm not impressed.
YOU SEE YOUR EYES
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by wechat1: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2019
Where is devido and crews members of mouth making grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by SocialJustice: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2019
ACHILLES45:

Aliko used to be in number 54 and Zukerberg number 53, but today, zukerberg is in number 5 while Aliko is in 87
Dangote kept too much of his money in Nigeria. Exchange rate destroyed his wealth. He even said it recently that when his refinery starts working, he'll be investing the income outside Africa to preserve his wealth.

6 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by Nuelblakes: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2019
where is otedola only one Africa
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2019
The United States is home to the richest people in the world. That was all I could spot from this list. Even Russia houses richer citizens than the United Kingdom. Hong Kong is doing well.

Nigerians are indeed the poorest. tongue Even our Hyped Otedola isn't in the first 100. Dangote tried.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by Elxandre(m): 11:33am On Nov 16, 2019
SocialJustice:
Yeah thats true o, I forgot. I can't dash my money away like that sha.

The money he has put in charity though is tax exempt and a good way to transfer wealth to his children tax free. That is not to say his charity donations are fake but charity is a good way to transfer wealth tax free just like Otedola did to his children recently through Cuppy's foundation.
How does that work?
Do the children still have access to the already donated charity funds?
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by SocialJustice: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2019
Elxandre:

How does that work?
Do the children still have access to the already donated charity funds?
Yes. They can even be placed on hefty life salary. They can also be in the board of trustees and spend the money as they like. Some of the biggest frauds on earth happen in charities.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by BENEAMATA: 11:38am On Nov 16, 2019
I can see seriki mai cement there at 87 spot , that is our man AD but so sad no space in the bus for shatta bandie ! ( see the rhyme ? Cc m.i abaga , vector ) these big boys be riding " small boys " 25thsince the time of enoch ! Sorry jawe AUDIO MONEY MOGUL , those two agbaya JIMs no even gree lap you , dem come dey fight for the last seat for inside molue (49) ! And another broda sef come pick spot as him name be for no.99 - SALINAS abi STANDIN LAST come leave last space for door for conductor as one hundred .kpele omo ghana . No worry napep go come pick you when presido open border . grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by MEGAWATCH: 11:38am On Nov 16, 2019
Guestuser:
What kind of nonsense is this OP?
Why did you remove my name? undecided undecided

grin grin

See this one, you think say na INEC register you dey see so?
Common go take your glasses for that beer parlor Baba.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by BENEAMATA: 11:39am On Nov 16, 2019
I can see seriki mai cement there at 87 spot , that is our man AD but so sad no space in the bus for shatta bandie ! ( see the rhyme ? Cc m.i abaga , vector ) these big boys be riding " small boys " since the time of enoch ! Sorry jawe AUDIO MONEY MOGUL , those two agbaya JIMs no even gree lap you , dem come dey fight for the last seat for inside molue (49) ! And another broda sef come pick spot as him name be for no.99 - SALINAS abi STANDIN LAST come leave last space for door for conductor as one hundred .kpele omo ghana . No worry napep go come pick you when presido open border . grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by paltielx: 11:39am On Nov 16, 2019
To me Gate remains the richest living physical being, his charity foundation is working to eliminate poverty and other human problem

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by MiddleDimension: 11:44am On Nov 16, 2019
franchasng:
When you are in certain countries or environment, you don't need to dream or wish of becoming a billionaire to be on world billionaires list unless you are from a highly influential political family like Aliko Dangote.

Dangote didn't become rich by hardwork or any special talent or invention, he became who he is today based on his family background which gave him political connections and favors from successive Nigerian governments.

So people should stop celebrating Dangote as if he did anything special to become rich; he was just fortunate to come from a rich family background with strong political links, nothing special undecided

People that worth celebration are the likes of Mark that invented something from nowhere at his age, people like Seun of Nairaland, people like Linda Ikeji, and all the people who worked the soil from nothing to build their wealth not people climbing through political ladder enjoying free FOREX money and government monopoly in business because of their influential family background and where they come from.

So all you Nigerians dreaming to be like Dangote, you all are wasting your time because Nigerian environment and government don't make policies that encourage and favor people from nobody's family background to climb to that ladder of becoming a billionaire in the world.

Even Otedola, his father was the former governor of Lagos. So if you look at all the so called billionaires from Nigeria, especially those from Northern Nigeria, all their wealth can be traced to politics and Nigeria's crude oil shady deals.

So if you want to become a billionaire in $$ and you are a Nigerian that doesn't come from the top looting political families in Nigeria, you are wasting your time, you better find a way to get out of Nigeria to counties like USA that support dreams of anybody ready to work and use his or her talent.

All you need to make it big in countries like USA, etc is the talent, the zeal to work and focus. Then find one challenge in the society there or a problem within your location in that country and use technology to find a solution to it and you are on your way to becoming rich, unlike in Nigeria where dreams are killed everyday, while looters, business fraudsters and political clouts are the only people that make free money and still get celebrated like they did anything special undecided

jealous easterner!

is Dqngote the only one from a rich home? even if i give you 5bn naira now, in 40years time, you wouldn't have multiplied it, i can assure you.

what about the children of Ezego, et al? what are they doing?
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by mrMeen(m): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2019
ornicus:
I see you satya.
baba the way that guy overhauled Microsoft is astonishing.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by skolab4(m): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2019
Nigeria only country that made the top 100 in Africa, even south A.didn't make it. Thanks for making us proud Dangote

3 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by MiddleDimension: 11:45am On Nov 16, 2019
BENEAMATA:
I can see seriki mai cement there at 87 spot , that is our man AD but so sad no space in the bus for shatta bandie ! ( see the rhyme ? Cc m.i abaga , vector ) these big boys be riding " small boys " since the time of enoch ! Sorry jawe AUDIO MONEY MOGUL , those two agbaya JIMs no even gree lap you , dem come dey fight for the last seat for inside molue (49) ! And another broda sef come pick spot as him name be for no.99 - SALINAS abi STANDIN LAST come leave last space for door for conductor as one hundred .kpele omo ghana . No worry napep go come pick you when presido open border . grin grin

good of you! you are not like the jealous people we have here

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by wifeesnatcher(m): 11:45am On Nov 16, 2019
Sirdiq21:
them set talk money u de talk ban

ban de hungry u sha

sodiq at 21yrs you're still dumb. who's playing betnaija with your watery brain?
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by voltron14: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2019
No hushpuppy?
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:47am On Nov 16, 2019
partnerbizn5:
110bn dollars.

chimoo

I am here hawking data like gala.

Inside life.
Funny you. You'll be there
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by Kriptune: 11:47am On Nov 16, 2019
From the look of things, clearly technology rules the world.

Meanwhile entertainment and media are just like Rick Ross

Greyworld:
I spotted the Walton family.

What are they into?

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by Wendybrown(f): 11:47am On Nov 16, 2019
pickatyou:
Bill telling Jeff atilo atide

Olorun
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2019
mrMeen:
baba the way that guy overhauled Microsoft is astonishing.

What a white guy can do an Indian can do better

Na those guys dey run things for silicon valley

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by loswhite(m): 11:49am On Nov 16, 2019
SocialJustice:
Did you see me making snide comments or berating anyone in that list? People like you are nothing but you like to run hardworking successful people down.
so did you see me making snide comments or berating anyone in that list? People like you have empty head and cannot read and comprehend between answer the question, are you fatherless?
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by wwwihy: 11:50am On Nov 16, 2019
Kriptune:
From the look of things, clearly technology rules the world.

Meanwhile entertainment and media are just like Rick Ross

What are they into?

They are the owner of Walmart... The Father divided the shares among them equally

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 16, 2019
Shame on UK

Very shameful.

The system stifles competition and growth.
Not even number 100.
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by Cantonese: 11:50am On Nov 16, 2019
Dangote went from 64th to 87th. The reason: You think about it and tell us.
Re: Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List by Roydawle16: 11:51am On Nov 16, 2019
Mandynews:

He might be on 30 in 2020, he was on 145 before.

I swear .... when he’s refinery will resume work I’m sure he will climb maybe to 50... that man will soon be fucking rich!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Domain Name Business / Nigerian Man Takes $500,000 Cash To Deposit In A Bank, Causes Stirs / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.