Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,896 members, 7,821,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much (6479 Views)

Tinubu Administration Would Favour The North, more than the south / 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? / Which Tribe Will Restructuring Favour The More? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by Area4Area: 6:26am On Nov 20, 2019
IGBOSON1:

?
So long an epistle, I guess you spent the whole night composing it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by Arda1000(m): 7:33am On Nov 20, 2019
horsepower101:
The British met the Fulanis in the middle of conquest.

They were both doing the same thing when they met each other.

Being that none of them are originally Nigerians or ndigenous to Nigeria, it was easy for them to relate.

The Fulanis submitted to the British on the condition that they won’t interrupt their conquest in the North and also will not build missionary schools in the North to spread Christianity and western education.
what do u mean by originally Nigerians or indigenous Nigerians.
no dey use english confuse ursef,the collaborated with the fulanis cus they are more willing to bend the knee.
while the Easterners were more smart and knew the greed of the Brits,and were not ready to give in cheap.
Nigeria is a white man identity not God giving,its not even who we are.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by meccuno: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2019
helinues:
Cos they are politically united than Southerners.

Over educated and too much of ego and pride wont let South work together
I never thought I would agree with this dude. For once he made sense.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by T9ksy(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
Area4Area:
So long an epistle, I guess you spent the whole night composing it.

Most probably............and what a load of hogwash, it turned out to be.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by Omoodua007: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Zik was a ceremonial president with no executive powers, so where do you get the idea Zik should be blamed for the head of gov'ts decision on who to appoint to whatever position? Could we say history is repeating itself today in that Tinubu is kissing Buharis' scrawny ass, hence after the core muslim north has filled its people in all the 'juicy' positions in the public/civil service, military and paramilitary organisations, that it has thrown a few scraps to its villeins the Yoruba? You see how your masters conspired to get rid of the Yoruba finance minister? That was supposed to be your slot wasn't it? So what happened after she was removed? Your masters went and replaced her with a Fulani, yet we didn't hear kpim from your end! Quite surprising considering how you're now here railing against Zik for appointments made that weren't even part of his remit! We could overlook that incident with the excuse that it was a short-term measure to fill the gap created by the resignation, but what happened when your master Buhari picked his ministers for his 2nd term in office? He only went and reappointed the same Fulani woman as the substantive minister of finance....a slot that was supposed to be for the Yoruba! Yet again, not even a whimper of protest from the west! Now just imagine if it had been a Igbo or GEJ that had done this...the kind of protests and riots on the streets we would see in the west...with accusations of how those 'greedy okoros' have come again!

You said: "Another instance is education where ibos became VC in all the higher institutions in the yorubaland but could do the same in the north. This was at a time when yorubas were aggressively pursuing western education like it's going out of fashion. This was the same time when it's common to have at least one PhD holder among the ekitis."

Yet again your insecurity, duplicitious/two-faced nature, paranoia and bigotry is at play here! So what if Igbos became the VCs in all the higher institutions in Yorubaland? Were they from Mars or were they 'fellow Nigerians'? Could it be that they were best suited for the jobs at that point in time? If not that the Yoruba are a bit insular and not as widely travelled in Nigeria as the Igbo at the time, they could equally have been in the running for appoitments in the eastern region! Seeing the kind of idealist Zik was i'm sure its something he would even have welcomed! Like i stated in my previous post, Zik was a pan-Nigerianist even to a fault as this prevented him from seeing the faultlines and chasms in the Nigerian national fabric! He was brought up in the west....had spent most of his adult working life there (i hear he could speak Yoruba just like Ikemba could).....and being the idealist he was, didn't see it as an issue seeking elective office in the western region!

Fact of the matter is if you say a Igbo -that has been forced back into 'one Nigeria' as your 'fellow compatriot' and told Biafra is dead and he's now a Nigerian- cannot be vice-chancellor of a university in the west or cannot be premier of the western region because he is not Yoruba, then you have no right to complain about xenophobia in South-Africa or racism towards blacks anywhere else in the world! This is the raw truth that stares you in the face! You cannot be elated when a Yoruba is appointed to any prominent position in a university in the western world or wins an election there, and then turn around and say a Igbo (that you forced back through the barrel of a gun to be your 'fellow compatriot') should not be vice-chancellor or governor in any state in the west of Nigeria! I know it sounds somehow, but that's the raw truth if we claim to be part of the civilsed world! Ditto Igbos in the east also!

Just imagine how far Nigeria would have gone in becoming one cohesive unit if from the 60s, Ziks' idealism for a united Nigeria -where tribe would amount to nothing more than a cultural/monarchical statement that didn't influence political or economic decisions- was allowed to gain traction and become part of national-psyche! This is what obtains in England and what Rwanda has done in giving less national prominence to Hutu/Tutsie divisions! Having one ethos and commonality of purpose is the first step to becoming a true nation...not like what we see in Nigeria today, where different ethnicities are engaged in political brinkmanship, subterfuge and backstabbing!

You said: "The VCs promptly filled their academic staff with their kith and kins so much so that, yoruba graduates couldn't secure employment in their own region 'cause greedy ibos have the whole lot. I guess, this was the monopolisation zik talked about in 1949 at the one year anniversary of the Ibo State Union."

Any links you can provide to back up this assertion? It could be true....i dunno, but i'd like links to articles/publications where this was said and more importantly, who made the claim! In any event, if for the sake of argument we say this assertion is true, can you tell me how this is any different from what Buhari and his Fulani cabal are doing today? Or are you comfortable with 'filling positions withe their kith and kin to the exclusion of the Yoruba' only if such acts are being carried out by the Fulani and not the 'pesky okoros'? I can furnish you with links to your kinsfolk...Yoruba, complaining about Buharis' nepostism and northern agenda! I wonder why this equally doesn't bother you!

The statement you claim Zik made in 1949, could it be he made that statement with a firm belief in the capacity of his people to strive based on merit, and hence in a merit-driven society (such as he was expecting Nigeria to be after independence) that Igbos would strive and get to the top based soley on merit? Look at Igbos today, and tell me if they're not one of (if not the most) the most driven and entrepreneurial groups in Nigeria and in diaspora! Take a look at the cut-off marks for secondary schools in Nigeria and tell me why states from the old eastern region have the highest hurdles to cross! Zik made that statement way before Uni' Ibadan or Uni' Lagos so unless he was Nostradamus, i don't see how he could have foreseen a situation where he would be a ceremonial president of Nigeria and be able to, as you claim, 'influence' the appointments of VCs in the western region decades later!

You said: "You guys are just incredible! I mean, you can understand when the sardunna claimed " North for north.........." but you can not fathom why the yorubas would want one of their own to manage her affairs. I make bold to suggest that had zik won that regional election in western Nigeria, ibos would have done exactly as they did in the 1st republic- take most of the jobs available in the region.."

Can you point out where i said i understand the Sardaunas' claim of 'north-for-north'? My issue with Awo is that, fair enough...he has this morbid fear and suspicion of Igbos...that they want to come and take over the western region! Fine! Now my question is, if he had this negative sentiment towards Igbos and didn't want them taking advantage of the freedoms and liberties granted them by the Nigerian constitution, then why in Gods name did he take part in sustaining the 'mere geographical expression' which would see him continue sharing the same country with the very people he sees as untrustworthy and out to take over Yorubaland? Also, why didn't he seize the window of opportunity the Biafran war accorded him to seperate his people from Nigeria as the eastern region was trying to do at the time? You can see why some people accuse Awo of being.....dishonest at best! Did he really believe in the Nigeria he was fighting for its survival when making statements like (and i paraphrase): if by omission or commission the eastern region is allowed to leave, that the Yoruba wouldn't bother staying behind to continue doing 'one Nigeria' with the north!

This one is interesting: "Yeah, of course, zik was a true Nigerian.........as long as his people have the rein of power in the country but unfortunately no one wants to be under the tutelage of the covetous folks."

'No one wants to be under the tutelage of covetous folks' you say? You could have fooled me! What's happening today with the Fulani coveting all the major appointments and bulk of investments? Oh, i get it....it doesn't matter if the Fulani do it 'cos they're your masters and they're helping you 'deal with the hated okoros' abi?

This one's the here gave me a chuckle wink : "Ol' boy, stop making excuses for your slave master. Nothing transpired in the north of the country without the knowledge and acceptance of the sardunna. Sardunna's indigenisation policy put paid to zik's One Nigeria. His BBC interview which you guys termed hate speech was meant to protect his people , land, culture etc from been over-run by the ibos"

You're actually making unfounded accusations that the Sadauna had a hand in the mass killing of Igbos in the north in the 50s! You have any proof to burtress this assertion?

This is what i mean when i say Zik preferred dealing with the north b'cos with them, they don't hide their feelings about anyone or issue....what you see is what you get, shikena! You know where you stand with them on any issue!

'Sadaunas' indigenisation policy put paid to 'one Nigeria'' you say? So if there's no such thing as 'one Nigeria' what was Awo doing accepting a gov't position and joining to sustain something which both you and him admit has outlived its usefulness? Is that not two-faced hypocrisy? Today as we speak, are you in support of Mazi Kanu and Igbos efforts to change the status-quo? What efforts are you and your people making to stop living the lie you say Nigeria has become?

Igbos are only best suited for everyone’s job
When they are the one in political power like zik and GEJ
Once they are out of political power they struggle to compete
So your not best suited for any job

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by T9ksy(m): 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
IGBOSON1:

[s]Zik was a ceremonial president with no executive powers, so where do you get the idea Zik should be blamed for the head of gov'ts decision on who to appoint to whatever position? Could we say history is repeating itself today in that Tinubu is kissing Buharis' scrawny ass, hence after the core muslim north has filled its people in all the 'juicy' positions in the public/civil service, military and paramilitary organisations, that it has thrown a few scraps to its villeins the Yoruba? You see how your masters conspired to get rid of the Yoruba finance minister? That was supposed to be your slot wasn't it? So what happened after she was removed? Your masters went and replaced her with a Fulani, yet we didn't hear kpim from your end! Quite surprising considering how you're now here railing against Zik for appointments made that weren't even part of his remit! We could overlook that incident with the excuse that it was a short-term measure to fill the gap created by the resignation, but what happened when your master Buhari picked his ministers for his 2nd term in office? He only went and reappointed the same Fulani woman as the substantive minister of finance....a slot that was supposed to be for the Yoruba! Yet again, not even a whimper of protest from the west! Now just imagine if it had been a Igbo or GEJ that had done this...the kind of protests and riots on the streets we would see in the west...with accusations of how those 'greedy okoros' have come again!

You said: "Another instance is education where ibos became VC in all the higher institutions in the yorubaland but could do the same in the north. This was at a time when yorubas were aggressively pursuing western education like it's going out of fashion. This was the same time when it's common to have at least one PhD holder among the ekitis."

Yet again your insecurity, duplicitious/two-faced nature, paranoia and bigotry is at play here! So what if Igbos became the VCs in all the higher institutions in Yorubaland? Were they from Mars or were they 'fellow Nigerians'? Could it be that they were best suited for the jobs at that point in time? If not that the Yoruba are a bit insular and not as widely travelled in Nigeria as the Igbo at the time, they could equally have been in the running for appoitments in the eastern region! Seeing the kind of idealist Zik was i'm sure its something he would even have welcomed! Like i stated in my previous post, Zik was a pan-Nigerianist even to a fault as this prevented him from seeing the faultlines and chasms in the Nigerian national fabric! He was brought up in the west....had spent most of his adult working life there (i hear he could speak Yoruba just like Ikemba could).....and being the idealist he was, didn't see it as an issue seeking elective office in the western region!

Fact of the matter is if you say a Igbo -that has been forced back into 'one Nigeria' as your 'fellow compatriot' and told Biafra is dead and he's now a Nigerian- cannot be vice-chancellor of a university in the west or cannot be premier of the western region because he is not Yoruba, then you have no right to complain about xenophobia in South-Africa or racism towards blacks anywhere else in the world! This is the raw truth that stares you in the face! You cannot be elated when a Yoruba is appointed to any prominent position in a university in the western world or wins an election there, and then turn around and say a Igbo (that you forced back through the barrel of a gun to be your 'fellow compatriot') should not be vice-chancellor or governor in any state in the west of Nigeria! I know it sounds somehow, but that's the raw truth if we claim to be part of the civilsed world! Ditto Igbos in the east also!

Just imagine how far Nigeria would have gone in becoming one cohesive unit if from the 60s, Ziks' idealism for a united Nigeria -where tribe would amount to nothing more than a cultural/monarchical statement that didn't influence political or economic decisions- was allowed to gain traction and become part of national-psyche! This is what obtains in England and what Rwanda has done in giving less national prominence to Hutu/Tutsie divisions! Having one ethos and commonality of purpose is the first step to becoming a true nation...not like what we see in Nigeria today, where different ethnicities are engaged in political brinkmanship, subterfuge and backstabbing!

You said: "The VCs promptly filled their academic staff with their kith and kins so much so that, yoruba graduates couldn't secure employment in their own region 'cause greedy ibos have the whole lot. I guess, this was the monopolisation zik talked about in 1949 at the one year anniversary of the Ibo State Union."

Any links you can provide to back up this assertion? It could be true....i dunno, but i'd like links to articles/publications where this was said and more importantly, who made the claim! In any event, if for the sake of argument we say this assertion is true, can you tell me how this is any different from what Buhari and his Fulani cabal are doing today? Or are you comfortable with 'filling positions withe their kith and kin to the exclusion of the Yoruba' only if such acts are being carried out by the Fulani and not the 'pesky okoros'? I can furnish you with links to your kinsfolk...Yoruba, complaining about Buharis' nepostism and northern agenda! I wonder why this equally doesn't bother you!

The statement you claim Zik made in 1949, could it be he made that statement with a firm belief in the capacity of his people to strive based on merit, and hence in a merit-driven society (such as he was expecting Nigeria to be after independence) that Igbos would strive and get to the top based soley on merit? Look at Igbos today, and tell me if they're not one of (if not the most) the most driven and entrepreneurial groups in Nigeria and in diaspora! Take a look at the cut-off marks for secondary schools in Nigeria and tell me why states from the old eastern region have the highest hurdles to cross! Zik made that statement way before Uni' Ibadan or Uni' Lagos so unless he was Nostradamus, i don't see how he could have foreseen a situation where he would be a ceremonial president of Nigeria and be able to, as you claim, 'influence' the appointments of VCs in the western region decades later!

You said: "You guys are just incredible! I mean, you can understand when the sardunna claimed " North for north.........." but you can not fathom why the yorubas would want one of their own to manage her affairs. I make bold to suggest that had zik won that regional election in western Nigeria, ibos would have done exactly as they did in the 1st republic- take most of the jobs available in the region.."

Can you point out where i said i understand the Sardaunas' claim of 'north-for-north'? My issue with Awo is that, fair enough...he has this morbid fear and suspicion of Igbos...that they want to come and take over the western region! Fine! Now my question is, if he had this negative sentiment towards Igbos and didn't want them taking advantage of the freedoms and liberties granted them by the Nigerian constitution, then why in Gods name did he take part in sustaining the 'mere geographical expression' which would see him continue sharing the same country with the very people he sees as untrustworthy and out to take over Yorubaland? Also, why didn't he seize the window of opportunity the Biafran war accorded him to seperate his people from Nigeria as the eastern region was trying to do at the time? You can see why some people accuse Awo of being.....dishonest at best! Did he really believe in the Nigeria he was fighting for its survival when making statements like (and i paraphrase): if by omission or commission the eastern region is allowed to leave, that the Yoruba wouldn't bother staying behind to continue doing 'one Nigeria' with the north!

This one is interesting: "Yeah, of course, zik was a true Nigerian.........as long as his people have the rein of power in the country but unfortunately no one wants to be under the tutelage of the covetous folks."

'No one wants to be under the tutelage of covetous folks' you say? You could have fooled me! What's happening today with the Fulani coveting all the major appointments and bulk of investments? Oh, i get it....it doesn't matter if the Fulani do it 'cos they're your masters and they're helping you 'deal with the hated okoros' abi?

This one's the here gave me a chuckle wink : "Ol' boy, stop making excuses for your slave master. Nothing transpired in the north of the country without the knowledge and acceptance of the sardunna. Sardunna's indigenisation policy put paid to zik's One Nigeria. His BBC interview which you guys termed hate speech was meant to protect his people , land, culture etc from been over-run by the ibos"

You're actually making unfounded accusations that the Sadauna had a hand in the mass killing of Igbos in the north in the 50s! You have any proof to burtress this assertion?

This is what i mean when i say Zik preferred dealing with the north b'cos with them, they don't hide their feelings about anyone or issue....what you see is what you get, shikena! You know where you stand with them on any issue!

'Sadaunas' indigenisation policy put paid to 'one Nigeria'' you say? So if there's no such thing as 'one Nigeria' what was Awo doing accepting a gov't position and joining to sustain something which both you and him admit has outlived its usefulness? Is that not two-faced hypocrisy? Today as we speak, are you in support of Mazi Kanu and Igbos efforts to change the status-quo? What efforts are you and your people making to stop living the lie you say Nigeria has become?[/s]

What a load of BS..............but why am I not surprised? Must be a genetic flaw!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by Omoodua007: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
T9ksy:

What a load of BS..............but why am I not surprised? Must be a genetic flaw!!!

Looool
Same thing ngozi Iweala did
She started appointing her own saying they are the most qualified sounds like what ethnic bigots say

When using merit the Igbo people lag behind

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by T9ksy(m): 6:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
Omoodua007:

Looool
Same thing ngozi Iweala did
She started appointing her own saying they are the most qualified sounds like what ethnic bigots say

When using merit the Igbo people lag behind

But of course ! When they are When they are dominating others even In their home turf, it's by merit. However when the locals locals says no, they will call it tribalism

This is coming from a group of people who historically, culturally, psychologically and by all other indices of human evolution/development, are known for their clannish propensities.

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by IGBOSON1: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2019
T9ksy:

Nice to see you read the entire post to determine it’s a load of cow dung! What parts of the post did you find shitty? smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by IGBOSON1: 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2019
T9ksy:

But of course ! When they are When they are dominating others even In their home turf, it's by merit. However when the locals locals says no, they will call it tribalism

This is coming from a group of people who historically, culturally, psychologically and by all other indices of human evolution/development, are known for their clannish propensities.

Dude, there’s nothing like ‘locals’ as against ‘foreigners’! The constitution doesn’t make those kind of distinctions! We’re all ‘one Nigeria’ remember?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by T9ksy(m): 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Nice to see you read the entire post to determine it’s a load of cow dung! What parts of the post did you find shitty? smiley

Yes I did read the whole epistle and at the end, my summation was apt.

Each and every parts of your post were tripe hence I couldn't find the time nor the inclination to continue .
Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by Osaze007: 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Dude, there’s nothing like ‘locals’ as against ‘foreigners’! The constitution doesn’t make those kind of distinctions! We’re all ‘one Nigeria’ remember?

We are all human beings but we are different races
Don’t be clever by half an African can’t govern Asia
Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by T9ksy(m): 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Yeah, we "re One (fake) Nigerians when you covetous souls wants to extert undue influence in other people's homeland. I wonder why you lot don't try the same, one Nigerians BS with the north? Probably 'cause you know from their antecedents that the north will not hesitate to descend on you with great venom .

1 Like

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by Osaze007: 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
T9ksy:

Yeah, we "re One (fake) Nigerians when you covetous souls wants to extert undue influence in other people's homeland. I wonder why you lot don't try the same, one Nigerians BS with the north? Probably 'cause you know from their antecedents that the north will not hesitate to descend on you with great venom .

I agree even if 5m igbos cluster in Kano they won’t and know not to dabble into the politics of Kano

1 Like

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by T9ksy(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
Osaze007:

I agree even if 5m igbos cluster in Kano they won’t and know not to dabble into the politics of Kano

Abi o jare!!!

When dog dey fumble, he/she knows not to bring it anywhere near his Master. grin
Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by maestroferddi: 11:25pm On Nov 20, 2019
LegendHero:
Most of you guys on here don’t get the true picture of the happenings and you’re just attributing too much power to the Fulanis or let me say Northerners in general.

The British invaded the North during those 1890s and they conquer each region one after the other. Infact the fulanis have a prophecy then that after a certain number of sultanate, the Fulani empire will collapse, that date corresponds to sometimes in 1912 or so. All these are documented in the New York Times Archives.

I have all the news when the British invade every part of Nigeria. I know how they conquered Nupes, Benins, Oyo empire, Ilorin sultanate, etc. Those are well documented in prints on a day by day basis.

The Northerners are not handed power by the whites, Nigeria constitution itself handed power to the North. North believe in homogeneity such that it’s hard to divide them among NE/NW/NC during Nigeria formative days. But the south are made up of Western and Eastern region both with the same ambition.

North controls everything in Nigeria because of their enormous population most times fake. Zik was also a part of the wrong coz Awolowo raised the alarm in 1963 census that the North rigged the numbers by giving 31million to the North but Zik was too blinded by his loyalty to the North that he looked the other way.

Check Nigeria election even within states, the majority LG always decide who rules a state. In Oyo state for example, if Ibadan people support any aspiring governor in their majority then that person is already governor.

North is ruling Nigeria not because they are wise or because they are handed by the British, it’s because of their population and because we practice this kind of democracy. The northerners also know this fact which explains why they keep giving birth to children even if they don’t have a means to cater for them. It is their best bet to survival in this entity called Nigeria.

Hear this, even if the Yorubas and Igbos form an alliance, they will still need the north. Both Awolowo and Azikwe are not stupid, they also know what we are saying now, but they are helpless. Although Awolowo is still more radical coz he fought the north till his death and he lived most of his life in opposition. Zik ambition to rule made him subservient to the north and that also affected Nigeria a lot.

The best bet is to change Nigeria way of democracy or breakup the country to break the hold of the North on Nigeria. If status quo remains, the North will forever decide who rules Nigeria and the Igbos and Yorubas will NEVER ally together in politics.

Oga leave this revisionism...

You demonize Zik and eulogize Awolowo yet you forgot how Awo infamously allowed his congenital hatred of the Igbos to poo-poo the plea made to him by Ojukwu (who never forgot Zik for his calamitous indiscretion).

Was it not Awo who promptly teamed up with Gowon in a bid to eliminate his "worst enemy'?

You don't sow the wind and then complain about the whirlwind...

1 Like

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by LegendHero(m): 11:32pm On Nov 20, 2019
maestroferddi:
Oga leave this revisionism...

You demonize Zik and eulogize Awolowo yet you forgot how Awo infamously allowed his congenital hatred of the Igbos to poo-poo the plea made to him by Ojukwu (who never forgot Zik for his calamitous indiscretion).

Was it not Awo who promptly teamed up with Gowon in a bid to eliminate his "worst enemy'?

You don't sow the wind and then complain about the whirlwind...

The bolded part capture succinctly the Igbo betrayal of the Yorubas and it also give that credence to the fact that the Igbos can’t sow the wind and complain about the whirlwind when Awo agreed to be part of Gowon government.

Your forebearers colluded with the North to charge him (Awo) of trumped up treason and he lived and suffered in prison. Your kinsmen went ahead to kill Akintola a western region premier and yet you M**F had the audacity to question why the Yoruba chose to deny Biafra?

Why should Awo a civilian who just recently got out of prison muster an army to fight against Nigeria? Where is the logistics and coordination? What is the incentive on the Yoruba part to leave Nigeria? Why the bleep should the Yorubas trust the Igbo and fight on their side after all what Azikwe did?

Bleep you and bleep your fallen forebearers, we don’t owe you lot nothing and we are not sorry for the action of Awolowo.

Even your fellow Igbos curse Zik for his backbiting. He is the genesis of everything wrong with Nigeria and he is a narcissist hiding under the banner of one-Nigeria to perpetuate his ethics domineering mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by maestroferddi: 12:04am On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

The bolded part capture succinctly the Igbo betrayal of the Yorubas and it also give that credence to the fact that the Igbos can’t sow the wind and complain about the whirlwind when Awo agreed to be part of Gowon government.

Your forebearers colluded with the North to charge him (Awo) of trumped up treason and he lived and suffered in prison. Your kinsmen went ahead to kill Akintola a western region premier and yet you M**F had the audacity to question why the Yoruba chose to deny Biafra?

Why should Awo a civilian who just recently got out of prison muster an army to fight against Nigeria? Where is the logistics and coordination? What is the incentive on the Yoruba part to leave Nigeria? Why the bleep should the Yorubas trust the Igbo and fight on their side after all what Azikwe did?

Bleep you and bleep your fallen forebearers, we don’t owe you lot nothing and we are not sorry for the action of Awolowo.

Even your fellow Igbos curse Zik for his backbiting. He is the genesis of everything wrong with Nigeria and he is a narcissist hiding under the banner of one-Nigeria to perpetuate his ethics domineering mindset.
I don't how old you are but one does not degree brain surgery to see the mish-mash you make of history in your quest to ventilate crass inconsistencies and inanities.

Do I need to drum it into you head that your reverted Awo was jailbird delivered/freed by the man and the people you love to hate when wasting him Calabar Prisons could have been accomplished with the smallest of noises in the great lawful days of 1966 with a plausible explanation of jail-break or collateral damage?

Your man cheated death and then it is the Igbos again. The pesky folks who with, in Achebe's apt phrase, a burst of energy left other comers in dust-accompanied bewilderment in the scheme of things.

He was used, used and used again. He endured Gowon's read the oligarchy's contempt for nine unbroken years.

He picked himself in 1979 but his own kinsman hammered the final nail in his presidential ambition coffin.

Today people are celebrating the loser's consolation yet when Ekwueme was VP in the Second Republic, his position was a thing of ridicule in the whole of Igboland so much that governor's were more popular but then what do you do when the other kid insisted on him what Tom had purely because of petty envy and not intrinsic value?

Dreams die first...

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by LegendHero(m): 12:11am On Nov 21, 2019
maestroferddi:
I don't how old you are but one does not degree brain surgery to see the mish-mash you make of history in your quest to ventilate crass inconsistencies and inanities.

Do I need to drum it into you head that your reverted Awo was jailbird delivered/freed by the man and the people you love to hate when wasting him Calabar Prisons could have been accomplished with the smallest of noises in the great lawful days of 1966 with a plausible explanation of jail-break or collateral damage?

Your man cheated death and then it is the Igbos again. The pesky folks who with, in Achebe's apt phrase, a burst of energy left other comers in dust-accompanied bewilderment in the scheme of things.

He was used, used and used again. He endured Gowon's read the oligarchy's contempt for nine unbroken years.

He picked himself in 1979 but his own kinsman hammered the final nail in his presidential ambition coffin.

Today people are celebrating the loser's consolation yet when Ekwueme was VP in the Second Republic, his position was a thing of ridicule in the whole of Igboland so much that governor's were more popular but then what do you do when the other kid insisted on him what Tom had purely because of petty envy and not intrinsic value?

Dreams die first...

I’m young, with a level of intelligence and educational background that you can never attain.

None of us were of age in the 1948s era and I know you will bring the issue of Ojukwu releasing Awolowo from your speech. You guys are known revisionist of history and liars without any reputation to defend.

Yakubu Gowon a northerner released Awo from prison and he (Awo) owes none of you Igbo born and yet unborn any owe of allegiance.

Awolowo is a rare gem that left an everlasting impression in the minds of average Nigerians. He was an intellectual that is better than his contemporaries and his legacies lives on after his death. He gave his region the sense of self worth, he propelled the Yorubas to the limelight and built a region that was an envy of others at that time (and remained till now).

I need not bother you about the slavery of your forebearers under the fulanis who used and dumped them without glory. From Azikwe, Ekwueme, to Sylvester Ugoh, they have no imprints on the sands of time and none of their legacies last to this moment.

Attached is an image of where Gowon released Awo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by maestroferddi: 12:24am On Nov 21, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Zik was working with whom he felt more comfortable with! Basically, playing the cards he'd been dealt with! It was either the north or western region, and given his experiences with Awo and his action group, his choice didn't come as a surprise!

We have said time without number that Zik was naive to believe in 'one Nigeria' given the benefit of hindsight! But he did....and he must have weighed his options before deciding to align with the region he felt was the 'lesser of the two evils'.

Awos' sentiments on the matter is neither here nor there as Zik himself could have equally been disgusted with Awo antics!

Your point is moot though because the facts as they were and are today is that the Igbo that still believe in 'one Nigeria' have to be engaged in Nigerian politics one way or the other. Now if a secessionist like Mazi Kanu was working in partnership with the northern political elite and you called him out on it, i'd have said you're on to something!

Think mate...think!
The degree of crap you read especially from some people from the West is just alarming.

Zik miscalculated but what do we about Awo who with the benefit of hindsight jumped at chance of perpetuating northern hegemony in his tryst with Gowon?

Folks complain about Igbos hating others but that hardly half the story when facts are laid on the table.

If Igbos and Yorubas must work, then this ludicrous attempts to turn history on its head must be stopped.

Igbos lost millions just by entering toxic/irreconcillable union...

What did they get today besides unjustified and institutionalized. hatred? Some people even regale at making mockeries of pogroms of genocidal proportion.

We are not ready yet to move forward.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by maestroferddi: 12:36am On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

I’m young, with a level of intelligence and educational background that you can never attain.

None of us were of age in the 1948s era and I know you will bring the issue of Ojukwu releasing Awolowo from your speech. You guys are known revisionist of history and liars without any reputation to defend.
I
Yakubu Gowon a northerner released Awo from prison and he (Awo) owes none of you Igbo born and yet unborn any owe of allegiance.

Awolowo is a rare gem that left an everlasting impression in the minds of average Nigerians. He was an intellectual that is better than his contemporaries and his legacies lives on after his death. He gave his region the sense of self worth, he propelled the Yorubas to the limelight and built a region that was an envy of others at that time.

I need not bother you about the slavery of your forebearers under the fulanis who used and dumped them without glory. From Azikwe, Ekwueme, to Sylvester Ugoh, they have no imprints on the sands of time and none of their legacies last to this moment.

Attached is an image of where Gowon released Awo.

So much for your shepe-fueled sense of superior education!

I was thinking you could attempt touching base with me on facts, logic and cognitive thinking and to my consternation all you could muster was this hodge-podge of bullshit that will make even little Segun blush with embarrassment.

If you expect a rational person to believe the fact of Awo's release on the basis of an infantile photo display, then I cannot help you.

BTW, Nigeria and Africa knows Azikiwe as the Zik of Africa: How Awo known?

Awo of Ikirun, Ikole Ekiti or Papalanto?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by LegendHero(m): 12:56am On Nov 21, 2019
maestroferddi:

I was thinking you could attempt touching base with me on facts, logic and cognitive thinking and to my consternation all you could muster was this hodge-podge of bullshit that will make even little Segun blush with embarrassment.

If you expect a rational person to believe the fact of Awo's release on the basis of an infantile photo display, then I cannot help you.

I have measured the level of your intellect and I know I need to whip you to interact with you coz its evident you are parading a single digit IQ like your un-informed folks scattered around Nairaland. How else can I hammer someone like you that still believes age has anything to do with intellect in this golden age!

I know you will deny, Your ancestor (Chinua Achebe) also perpetuate the same magnitude of denial when he wrote his book based on envy and toxicity for the Yorubas. Your fore-bearers know you have sub-optimal intellects which explains why they lied to you about Ojukwu releasing Awolowo so as to denigrate the late sage.

Attached below is a New York Times Post in 1966 that captured succinctly the activities of that time when Gowon Released Awolowo. Will you apologize now or you still want to continue in the generational delusion that your fore-bearers fed you with?
Check the Shaded part!

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by LegendHero(m): 1:55am On Nov 21, 2019
maestroferddi:

Attached is also a video proof to show Gowon released Chief Awolowo. I hope this truth resonates among the Igbo born and yet unborn that have been emotionally brainwashed that Ojukwu released Awo by their fore-bearers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMNa4671Yuw

1 Like

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by Omoodua007: 2:02am On Nov 21, 2019
maestroferddi:

Zik is only known in onitsha
Owells of onitsha

1 Like

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by Omoodua007: 2:05am On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

Attached is also a video proof to show Gowon released Chief Awolowo. I hope this truth resonates among the Igbo born and yet unborn that have been emotionally brainwashed that Ojukwu released Awo by their fore-bearers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMNa4671Yuw

Even in the face of truth Igbo is programed to lie

1 Like

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by LegendHero(m): 2:09am On Nov 21, 2019
Omoodua007:

Even in the face of truth Igbo is programed to lie

I have just created a thread with the videos. We can keep their mouth shut forever by this action.

Even if their DNA is programmed to exhibit the lying syndrome, their genetics will still undergo some form of slight modification bceause no lie can withstand a glaring truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by IGBOSON1: 3:08am On Nov 21, 2019
T9ksy:

You throw this word 'covetous' about recklessly...almost as if you don't know the meaning!

Between Igbos and you Yoruba, who has coveted the others property the more? You are comfortable with 'one Nigeria' that has allowed you free access to the oil and gas wealth of Igboland from the early 70s to date! Note: i said Igboland and not the politically contrived south-east (previously east central state) that was delineated by Igbo haters in 1967! Igboland has the most onshore oil and gas reserves in Nigeria (Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni), and you greedy, ungrateful schmucks have been creaming off 87% of the benefit for as long as i care to remember! Now if that is not a prime example of covetousness then i don't know what is!

What is this accusation of 'wanting to exert undue influence in other peoples homeland....and not trying 'one Nigeria' BS in the north'? HELLOOOO....is this the same Igbo that want to separate from your cantankerous, quarrelsome and bigoted ass that you're referring to? In any case, how can you say a Nigerian availing himself of the constitutionally guaranteed right to vote and be voted for in any part of his country, is 'exerting undue influence in anothers homeland'? You Yoruba, as far as i know have not agitated for secession, neither have you called for a change in the constitution to prevent Nigerians from seeking elective positions outside their ethnic enclave, so your angst is directed at the wrong people and is nothing short of bloody cheek! Go pester your elite to call for a change of the constitution or demand the secession of the Yoruba from Nigeria, then you'd be wellcome to keep your region to yourselves!

You have the gall to say Igbo should not seek for elective office in 'your homeland' but you don't mind gorging your greedy selves on Igbo oyel and gas! You're the very definition of two-faced greed, covetousness and hypocrisy! Talk about having your cake and still wanting to eat it!

In any event, Igbos are 'seeking to exert undue influence' outside their region only in Lagos and Abuja, and last i checked, these are territories built with our collective commonwealth...a large chunk of which came from Alaigbo!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by LegendHero(m): 3:34am On Nov 21, 2019
IGBOSON1:

You throw this word 'covetous' about recklessly...almost as if you don't know the meaning!

Between Igbos and you Yoruba, who has coveted the others property the more? You are comfortable with 'one Nigeria' that has allowed you free access to the oil and gas wealth of Igboland from the early 70s to date! Note: i said Igboland and not the politically contrived south-east (previously east central state) that was delineated by Igbo haters in 1967! Igboland has the most onshore oil and gas reserves in Nigeria (Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni), and you greedy, ungrateful schmucks have been creaming off 87% of the benefit for as long as i care to remember! Now if that is not a prime example of covetousness then i don't know what is!

What is this accusation of 'wanting to exert undue influence in other peoples homeland....and not trying 'one Nigeria' BS in the north'? HELLOOOO....is this the same Igbo that want to separate from your cantankerous, quarrelsome and bigoted ass that you're referring to? In any case, how can you say a Nigerian availing himself of the constitutionally guaranteed right to vote and be voted for in any part of his country, is 'exerting undue influence in anothers homeland'? You Yoruba, as far as i know have not agitated for secession, neither have you called for a change in the constitution to prevent Nigerians from seeking elective positions outside their ethnic enclave, so your angst is directed at the wrong people and is nothing short of bloody cheek! Go pester your elite to call for a change of the constitution or demand the secession of the Yoruba from Nigeria, then you'd be wellcome to keep your region to yourselves!

You have the gall to say Igbo should not seek for elective office in 'your homeland' but you don't mind gorging your greedy selves on Igbo oyel and gas! You're the very definition of two-faced greed, covetousness and hypocrisy! Talk about having your cake and still wanting to eat it!

In any event, Igbos are 'seeking to exert undue influence' outside their region only in Lagos and Abuja, and last i checked, these are territories built with our collective commonwealth...a large chunk of which came from Alaigbo!

What is Igbo and are the Igbos thesame with the Ijaws, Ibibios, Edos, Itsekiri, Urhobos etc.

Because the british call those region eastern region at that time do not give the Igbos the audacity to claim all the oil in that region as their own and you just exhibited the greedy syndrome that Ojukwu and Azikwe was known for.

Why did the Eastern Region government colluded with the fulani cabals to charge Isaac Adaka Boro of treason when he declared the Niger Delta republic? Are you not ashamed of the hypocrisy of your fore-bearers in denying the Ijaws a chance to self rule while asking the same thing from Nigeria through Biafra? Below is exactly what Adaka Boro said during his declaration:

"Today is a great day, not only in your lives but also in the history of the Niger Delta. Perhaps, it will be the greatest day for a very long time. This is not because we are going to bring the heavens down, but because we are going to demonstrate to the world what and how we feel about oppression. Remember your 70-year-old grandmother who still farms before she eats; remember also your poverty-stricken people; remember, too, your petroleum which is being pumped out daily from your veins; and then fight for your freedom."

Karma caught up with you guys in 1967 and the Biafra war was exactly the payment for the sins of your fathers against the Ijaws and humanity. You first tried to covet their oil and silence the minorities. Also, you killed the leaders of other regions in a bloody coup to take government through the back door. You have sinned against all Nigerians, isn't that the reason why some SS'ners fought on the side of Nigeria against you guys in the war?

For your information, Ondo State has more oil than any indigenous Igbo state. Wake up and smell the coffee, the new generations of Yorubas are no more lenient with you guys, we will make sure the hate you nurture is returned in a million fold!

Hateful souls and eternal betrayers!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by IGBOSON1: 4:00am On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

What is Igbo and are the Igbos thesame with the Ijaws, Ibibios, Edos, Itsekiri, Urhobos etc.

Because the british call those region eastern region at that time do not give the Igbos the audacity to claim all the oil in that region as their own and you just exhibited the greedy syndrome that Ojukwu and Azikwe was known for.

Why did the Eastern Region government colluded with the fulani cabals to charge Isaac Adaka Boro of treason when he declared the Niger Delta republic? Are you not ashamed of the hypocrisy of your fore-bearers in denying the Ijaws a chance to self rule while asking the same thing from Nigeria through Biafra? Below is exactly what Adaka Boro said during his declaration:

"Today is a great day, not only in your lives but also in the history of the Niger Delta. Perhaps, it will be the greatest day for a very long time. This is not because we are going to bring the heavens down, but because we are going to demonstrate to the world what and how we feel about oppression. Remember your 70-year-old grandmother who still farms before she eats; remember also your poverty-stricken people; remember, too, your petroleum which is being pumped out daily from your veins; and then fight for your freedom."

Karma caught up with you guys in 1967 and the Biafra war was exactly the payment for the sins of your fathers against the Ijaws and humanity. You first tried to covet their oil and silence the minorities. Also, you killed the leaders of other regions in a bloody coup to take government through the back door. You have sinned against all Nigerians, isn't that the reason why some SS'ners fought on the side of Nigeria against you guys in the war?

For your information, Ondo State has more oil than any indigenous Igbo state. Wake up and smell the coffee, the new generations of Yorubas are no more lenient with you guys, we will make sure the hate you nurture is returned in a million fold!

Hateful souls and eternal betrayers!

You're a demented moro'n! Was the eastern regional gov't and parliament made up of just Igbos? Weren't there Efik/Ibibio/Annang and Ogoni besides the Ijaw?

Care to provide links showing where these ethnicities (including the Ijaw) railed against the Igbo on the Niger Delta republic issue, and -as you imply- Igbo colluding with the Fulani to charge Boro for treason!

Also, i would like you to provide links showing the level of support and blessing (if any) Adaka Boro got from the Efik/Ibibio/Annang; Ogoni; Opobo; Bonny; Ikwerre; etc!

You're just making up tales as you go along! Which Ijaw oyel did Igbos try to covet in the then eastern region...cite instances/examples, and WTF makes you think Igboland didn't have their own oyel in that same eastern region of the time to warrant them looking at the one in Ijawland?

This is how i-too-know (ITK) people dey take fail exam! Dude, i said Igboland (of which my local gov't Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni is part of) has more proven onshore oil and gas reserves than any other place in Nigeria! Why are you as a Yoruba man fretting and threatened by this statement?

You're such a pathetic and insecure individual!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by LegendHero(m): 4:05am On Nov 21, 2019
IGBOSON1:

You're a demented moro'n! Was the eastern regional gov't and parliament made up of just Igbos? Weren't there Efik/Ibibio/Annang and Ogoni besides the Ijaw?

Care to provide links showing where these ethnicities (including the Ijaw) railed against the Igbo on the Niger Delta republic issue, and -as you imply- Igbo colluding with the Fulani to charge Boro for treason!

Also, i would like you to provide links showing the level of support and blessing (if any) Adaka Boro got from the Efik/Ibibio/Annang; Ogoni; Opobo; Bonny; Ikwerre; etc!

You're just making up tales as you go along! Which Ijaw oyel did Igbos try to covet in the then eastern region...cite instances/examples, and WTF makes you think Igboland didn't have their own oyel in that same eastern region of the time to warrant them looking at the one in Ijawland?

This is how i-too-know (ITK) people dey take fail exam! Dude, i said Igboland (of which my local gov't Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni is part of) has more proven onshore oil and gas reserves than any other place in Nigeria! Why are you as a Yoruba man fretting and threatened by this statement?

You're such a pathetic and insecure individual!

Lol history revisionist. I would have been surprised if you say you know about Adaka Boro and how the Eastern Region government dominated by Igbos treated him. You and your past kinsmen have the penchant for distorting truth and masking under the illusion of ignorance to evade factual statements.

Below is an exerpt from Wikipedia:
"Major Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro (September 10, 1938 – May 9, 1968), fondly called "Boro", was a Nigerian nationalist, Ijaw, and soldier. He was one of the pioneers of minority rights activism in Nigeria.[1][2]

He was many parts and different things to different people - a university students leader, a teacher, policeman and Nigerian army officer. An undergraduate student of chemistry and student union president at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, he left school to lead an armed protest against the exploitation of oil and gas resources in the Niger Delta areas which benefited mainly the federal government of Nigeria and Eastern region with capital in Enugu and nothing was given to the Niger Delta people. He believed that the people of the area deserved a larger share of proceeds of the oil wealth. He formed the Niger Delta Volunteer Force, an armed militia with members consisting mainly of his fellow Ijaw ethnic group. They declared the Niger Delta Republic on February 23, 1966 and fought with federal forces for twelve days before being defeated. Boro and his comrades were jailed for treason. However, the federal regime of General Yakubu Gowon granted him amnesty on the eve of the Nigerian civil war in May 1967. He then enlisted and was commissioned as a major in the Nigerian army. He fought on the side of the Federal Government but was killed under mysterious circumstances in active service in 1968 at Ogu (near Okrika) in Rivers State.

Niger Delta activists like [[Ken Saro-Wiwa],[Mujahid Dokubo-Asari]] and many others often referred to him as a major inspiration."

I will not spoon feed you about Adaka Boro travails under the government of the eastern region. Go online and type his name and you will see lot of journals that will give credence to that fact. Karma never forgets, and the Biafran war is the payment for the sins of your ancestorscagainst the minorities and especially how your boys killed other region leaders!

Tueh!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by IGBOSON1: 4:38am On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

Lol history revisionist. I would have been surprised if you say you know about Adaka Boro and how the Eastern Region government dominated by Igbos treated him. You and your past kinsmen have the penchant for distorting truth and masking under the illusion of ignorance to evade factual statements.

Below is an exerpt from Wikipedia:
"Major Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro (September 10, 1938 – May 9, 1968), fondly called "Boro", was a Nigerian nationalist, Ijaw, and soldier. He was one of the pioneers of minority rights activism in Nigeria.[1][2]

He was many parts and different things to different people - a university students leader, a teacher, policeman and Nigerian army officer. An undergraduate student of chemistry and student union president at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, he left school to lead an armed protest against the exploitation of oil and gas resources in the Niger Delta areas which benefited mainly the federal government of Nigeria and Eastern region with capital in Enugu and nothing was given to the Niger Delta people. He believed that the people of the area deserved a larger share of proceeds of the oil wealth. He formed the Niger Delta Volunteer Force, an armed militia with members consisting mainly of his fellow Ijaw ethnic group. They declared the Niger Delta Republic on February 23, 1966 and fought with federal forces for twelve days before being defeated. Boro and his comrades were jailed for treason. However, the federal regime of General Yakubu Gowon granted him amnesty on the eve of the Nigerian civil war in May 1967. He then enlisted and was commissioned as a major in the Nigerian army. He fought on the side of the Federal Government but was killed under mysterious circumstances in active service in 1968 at Ogu (near Okrika) in Rivers State.

Niger Delta activists like [[Ken Saro-Wiwa],[Mujahid Dokubo-Asari]] and many others often referred to him as a major inspiration."

I will not spoon feed you about Adaka Boro travails under the government of the eastern region. Go online and type his name and you will see lot of journals that will give credence to that fact. Karma never forgets, and the Biafran war is the payment for the sins of your ancestorscagainst the minorities and especially how your boys killed other region leaders!

Tueh!

You're a blithering idiot!

I said provide links showing where Adaka Boro got the support and blessing of the various clans that make up the Ijaw nation (like Ojukwu did in the east before declaring Biafra republic) before embarking on his guerilla warfare with the gov't!

Provide links showing where he had exhausted all possible means of dialogue with the federal and regional gov'ts before embarking on his guerilla warfare with gov't!

Show me where he and his gr'p had asked for a referendum on secession from the federal gov't (like IPOB are asking for presently) and he was turned down!

Show me links that point to a concerted effort of the Ijaw representatives in the eastern parliament at the time to draw attention of the region to the agitations of the Ijaw for a much larger share from proceeds of oil exploited from their territory...and them being turned down by parliament and told to fuc/k off, warranting Adaka Boro to now pick up arms!

I think at this point you should be reminded that we're talking of a country/region that was still in its infancy (5+ yrs old), and given time the issue of resource control would have been visited by the eastern parliament to hear any grievances of its component parts! At least it wasn't a dire situation at the time that demanded an immediate response: like the wanton murder of thousands of Ijaw on the streets...lasting for weeks, with gov't unable or unwilling to do anything about it! Does this scenario ring a bell in your block head?

Dude, don't quote me again if you're still going to be this daft and idiotic!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much by maestroferddi: 8:04am On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

I have measured the level of your intellect and I know I need to whip you to interact with you coz its evident you are parading a single digit IQ like your un-informed folks scattered around Nairaland. How else can I hammer someone like you that still believes age has anything to do with intellect in this golden age!

I know you will deny, Your ancestor (Chinua Achebe) also perpetuate the same magnitude of denial when he wrote his book based on envy and toxicity for the Yorubas. Your fore-bearers know you have sub-optimal intellects which explains why they lied to you about Ojukwu releasing Awolowo so as to denigrate the late sage.

Attached below is a New York Times Post in 1966 that captured succinctly the activities of that time when Gowon Released Awolowo. Will you apologize now or you still want to continue in the generational delusion that your fore-bearers fed you with?
Check the Shaded part!
I will not waste more time trying to disabuse you from ignorance.

You dredge an foreign media reportage of the announcement made by Gowon, the head of a coup plottimg horde who was mouthing high-fallutin nonsense in a futile to garner credibility.

Where was Awo held after his conviction for treason ?

Who never heard that Ojukwu was known to have flouted Gowon's orders after the July coup?

I will leave you to your conscience...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? / The List Of Corrupt People Pre- President Buhari Jailed In 1984 / Rtd. Gen. Aliyu Gusau's Reply On Muhammadu Buhari's WASC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.