Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,582 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? - Family (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (64471 Views)

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Juleh01: 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
vickydevoka:
I have bleeped so so many married women bcus of their big soft ass. I am scared of kama. B4 person go begin Bleep my Wife.
I still don't knw y married women are easier to Bleep dan single ladies. I even Bleep one today. N the husband can never catch a cheating wife.

Bleep already... isn't that too early in the day?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by mindthing: 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
Marriage, at the crux of it, is a gamble in itself. So my biggest fear is losing that wager and having a bad rest-of-my-life as a result.

This is because the exact moment one says 'I do', one is getting married in a very specific and particular set of circumstances e.g.

-Youre both good-looking and easy on each others' eyes
-Money may not be a burning issue
-You very possibly could really love each other
-You may not yet know the things about each other that you find in-tolerable
-Minimal or zero health problems may exist
-In-laws may not yet have become the sometimes-demons they can be
-Children are probably not yet on-scene etc

But if ANY of these parameters undergo the tiniest shift in metrics in the course of the union e.g.

-You no longer look aesthetically pleasing to each other
-You guys somehow start getting cash-strapped for one reason or the other
-You guys fall out of love
-You suddenly find things he/she does you simply cannot imagine spending the rest of your life tolerating
-Health problems maybe show up that task your financial and/or physical comfort
-In-laws get into the fray and muddy the waters of your hitherto amazing con-existence
-Children arrive and introduce the typical complexities of their existence into how you interact etc

Things start to go down the drain and life becomes an exercise in survival instead of it being lived to the fullest.

People, especially Africans, seem to value their mere existence instead of considering the quality of the life they live. Most people in Nigeria, I am sure, will prefer a long, hard life to a short, comfortable one.

But hey, each man/woman to his/her own. I am not in favor of or against marriage as an institution, being totally agnostic about getting hitched. I, however, am pretty particular about having people understand the following:

1. Marriage is NOT a status symbol
2. Marriage is NOT an obligation (to parents, your woman/man or indeed society at large)
3. Marriage is NOT what makes the boy a man
4. Marriage is NOT what finally proves how responsible anyone is

Marriage, however, IS a gamble. You win or lose depending on the fate of your circumstances. The fear should thus not be of marriage itself, but of the ebb and flow of life's circumstances that could obliterate the harmony of that matrimonial environment.

Selah.
-

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
DaGeneral:

You said cheating for "men" is a norm which for me is a generalisation that includes me as a man. Not all men are cheats and I repeat not all men are cheats. You cheat if you want to so let's stop this "it's an inherent characteristics". To me, cheating is same to stealing to killing and whatever evil exist in society. Question is why is everybody not stealing or killing? Because we choose to do the things we do. A man cheats with a woman who is another man's woman and threatens thunders if his wife dare cheat on him..
I get you message but I am sick and tired of using this to justify the nonsense we do in the name of "na man na".

chill bro, sayin men cheat is a "norm" as got nothing to do with the term "generalization". for instances naturally men are "breadwinners" that is the norm buh is it all men that are breadwinners in there respective home. i hope u understand d difference between a norm & generalisation now.
People don't embrace stealin or killing becos it as bin enacted as crime globally, last time i checked cheatin as never been recorded or label as crime anywhere in d world.
If you understood me like u jus said, then u shuld knw these is not abt justification 4 me i jus av to tell these gurls d bitter truth ... "Truth needs no one justification" take or leave it e no send.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by femioke14: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
Choosing d wrong partner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Yoighaman(m): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
To think I'd sacrifice my dear freedom on the altar of marriage makes me upset in advance, unfortunately, my personal conviction of not wanting to have children out of wedlock even makes it worse....anyway, till then.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
caracas:

Wow this babe make brain die
U must be a good wife material.....
Lol thank you oooo cheesy
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2019
Bbbwings:

Maybe he is on leave tongue
grin grin grin grin even if he is on leave, he should respect the fact that it is Monday naa grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by DaGeneral(m): 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
anslem04:

chill bro, sayin men cheat is a "norm" as got nothing to do with the term "generalization". for instances naturally men are "breadwinners" that is the norm buh is it all men that are breadwinners in there respective home. i hope u understand d difference between a norm & generalisation now.
People don't embrace stealin or killing becos it as bin enacted as crime globally, last time i checked cheatin as never been recorded or label as crime anywhere in d world.
If you understood me like u jus said, then u shuld knw these is not abt justification 4 me i jus av to tell these gurls d bitter truth ... "Truth needs no one justification" take or leave it e no send.

Believe me I totally understand you. But can you see the comments on this thread? Why the entitlement mentality because we are men? Is it that the woman does not have a heart to be broken,feeling to be hurt or ego to be bruised? Then the woman wakes in the middle of the night and stabs him because she can't take it any more and the world call her evil and applauds the man who cannot keep his nozzle in one tank.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Godmademan(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
1. I feel polygamous. I feel one wife will not do it for me. Just love women. Perhaps my out look will change when someone captures my inner being.

2. Phobia for Heartbreak.
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by tiptoe1: 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
Slimdada:

No shaking gee
You can send me an email
for what's up
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by hresso: 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
0KNM:
how?

Signs. You can't hide your true feelings for long.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
hresso:

Signs. You can't hide your true feelings for long.
Some people can pretend for long tho
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by UnknownQueen(f): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hamachi:
Are you encouraging CS?

Not at all, but from her write up, she said she's scared of the processes of child birth, so I needed to suggest other birth methods for her..

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by sharpwriter(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
Satan66:

You're an animal

Lol... I've been laughing hard since at your comment. Reason being that your moniker being "satan" can call another person animal... Then that person must be an animal indeed to have infuriated and disgusted you this much... Your satan sef get little morals... Lolz cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
DaGeneral:

Believe me I totally understand you. But can you see the comments on this thread? Why the entitlement mentality because we are men? Is it that the woman does not have a heart to be broken,feeling to be hurt or ego to be bruised? Then the woman wakes in the middle of the night and stabs him because she can't take it any more and the world call her evil and applauds the man who cannot keep his nozzle in one tank.

I like your kind of curosity buh b4 i make some emotionaly annoyin analysis,let me emphatically say i am nt justifyin infidelity for men.
We all knw life is not fair, even nature/creation is not fair ... for a man sex is jus sex , to a woman sex as to mean sumtin she jus as to define it to accept it,that is why rape traumatize dem.
Women are emotional beings, ofcus they do av heart & feel pains more buh these wonderful creatures understand pain d way the strongest of men would never, some men won't even survive menstral pain not to talk of labour pain ... the way a woman feels wen she see her hubby on top another woman is funnily different from the way a man who caught is wife under another man will feel.
the woman feel cheated emotionally she is less concern abt the sex act, while the man feels cheated bodywise ... what disgust n hurt him d most is anoda dick savourin pussy to be his.... bottom line is nature in to be blamed in all these women don't do ego dey deal in pride.
sex appreciate a man's ego buh same sex depreciates a woman's pride ,sey u see life

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by cococandy(f): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
Godmademan:
1. I feel polygamous. I feel one wife will not do it for me. Just love women. Perhaps my out look will change when someone captures my inner being.

2. Phobia for Heartbreak.

You fear heartbreak yet you are afraid of committing to one woman. Whose daughter do you think like heartbreak?

As you are like this, are you coming or are you going?

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by cococandy(f): 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
anslem04:

I like your kind of curosity buh b4 i make some emotionaly annoyin analysis,let me emphatically say i am nt justifyin infidelity for men.
We all knw life is not fair, even nature/creation is not fair ... for a man sex is jus sex , to a woman sex as to mean sumtin she jus as to define it to accept it,that is why rape traumatize dem.
Women are emotional beings, ofcus they do av heart & feel pains more buh these wonderful creatures understand pain d way the strongest of men would never, some men won't even survive menstral pain not to talk of labour pain ... the way a woman feels wen she see her hubby on top another woman is funnily different from the way a man who caught is wife under another man will feel.
the woman feel cheated emotionally she is less concern abt the sex act
, while the man feels cheated bodywise ... what disgust n hurt him d most is anoda dick savourin pussy to be his.... bottom line is nature in to be blamed in all these women don't do ego dey deal in pride.
sex appreciate a man's ego buh same sex depreciates a woman's pride ,sey u see life

The things these boys tell themselves to make themselves feel good.

Have you even been a woman? How do you know what a woman feels? More jargons and baseless excuses.
Did we tell you that we love sharing peniss?

Smh.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by hresso: 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
0KNM:
Some people can pretend for long tho

Well, I believe you will still see the signs. We just tend to ignore them.
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Godmademan(m): 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
cococandy:

You fear heartbreak yet you are afraid of committing to one woman. Whose daughter do you think like heartbreak?

As you are like this, are you coming or are you going?
You don't get it. It is near impossible to see a perfect being. I find certain good features in different women. The problem now lies in having one woman who can atleast exhibit 70% of features are I consider important for life long commitment. That is why I fear heartbreak can't imagine how long it would take spot another queen. Trust me, If I were non commital I would have hooked up long time ago.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by cococandy(f): 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hopefully you can exhibit 70% of what one woman needs as well.

Otherwise you are oyo

Godmademan:
You don't get it. It is near impossible to see a perfect being. I find certain good features in different women. The problem now lies in having one woman who can atleast exhibit 70% of features are I consider important for life long commitment. Trust me, If I were non commital I would have hooked up long time ago.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by makavelli80(m): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hamachi:
Is there any thing one can enjoy in a man without getting tired of one day?
y do you quote me? U like trouble
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by bbeautylik(f): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
I am a Muslim so do not crucify me

The kind of marriage I hate is the so call Muslim marriages, women almost have no say in the marriage... The men can marry as far as four wives and still Bleep outside. Now how will the men feel if the reverse is the case if we women can marry four husbands not minding how one feels. In Islam women are the slaves in marriage. Do not wear this , do not wear that, do not use perfumes so that you won't attract men..... What about the men? Mtcheww

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 4:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
makydebbie:
Imagine if my husband isn't crazy about this ass anymore sigh.

This big round soft ass. kiss

Can we see a pic of the ass please? grin
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Godmademan(m): 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
cococandy:
Hopefully you can exhibit 70% of what one woman needs as well.

Otherwise you are oyo

Well that is subject to individual judgement. I just focus on developing myself. Baseline is whoever I choose should choose me too. A lobsided relationship is likely to end in disaster

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by makavelli80(m): 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
UnknownQueen:

But you've forgotten that the family you have today is as a result of two different strangers coming together to producing you and your other siblings.... You'll be coward not to do same.
It's easier said than done.
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Theyoungmatron: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
The whole post on front-page has men running away from marriage grin grin grin grin grin citing silly excuses especially cheating grin grin grin grin.
They do not want to be served with their own coin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Nmezor(f): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2019
MedicH:

What's the worst case scenario? Pls it's worst when a woman is a wolf.
says who?
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by MedicH: 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
Nmezor:
says who?

Me. An authority.
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by RxSameer(m): 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
maynation:

How do you propose to someone who never ceases to make her unreadiness and lack of commitment known?

I just hope in years coming Shiloh will not be ur 2nd home n if are a Muslim, Alfas house will not be ur next corner lolz
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by maynation(f): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
RxSameer:
I just hope in years coming Shiloh will not be ur 2nd home n if are a Muslim, Alfas house will not be ur next corner lolz

Whichever what I choose to do is none of your concern. Is it?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by MrMacinterchi1: 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
mechanics:
check your Bible well, the Bible says we should marry to avoid fornication.

You should check your Bible well also to see that not everybody must marry.

Marriage doesn't in any way stop fornication /adultry. Else, people won't be misbehaving in marriage. It just make what you do recognized by church and society.
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by RxSameer(m): 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2019
MedicH:

Lol because when they do they tell you they've placed bet on a game. And normally u cant understand that for ever rule there's an exception. That paracetamol is the drug of choice for headache is only because it cured 95% of cases when tested. I am yet to see a soccer lover that doesn't bet.
medic H I respect ur input alot but for diz one I don't believe you, all my broders n me are core football lovers but we never bet , I have so many frnds who love football but don't bet don't generalise if u dont av evidence to back it up. but from your moniker are you a pharmacist?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

I Think My Wife Is A Witch / 83-Year-Old Muslim Man To Marry 16-Year-Old Girl In Niger State (Photo) / 15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.