Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? (24917 Views)

Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef / What's Your Childish Trait? / Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by franugo(m): 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
themaestro08:
Am I the only one who doesn't subscribe to the "never hit a woman" Nonsense?

Continue displaying ur animalistic tendencies oo..devil go push u one day u con lay ur filthy hands on any of my sisters or nieces. . .

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by CanadaOrBust: 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
Martinez39:
Places like USA or other developed western countries. It's socially universal (even in Nigeria) except in Islamic societies thank to white knights and simps. It still doesn't change the fact that "never hit a woman no matter what" is a maxim and an ideal of weak men.

So let’s compare the two places u mentioned - USA is the greatest and most innovative country in the world while Islamic societies are the least (without oil)
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by adez33(m): 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
grin
Offpoint:
nothing, i am still questioning my parents where they found me.
grin
Offpoint:
nothing, i am still questioning my parents where they found me.
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2019
stupidity:
grin grin

This is front page worthy, but you people will never take my matter serious. grin

Anyways, what trait did you inherit from your parents?

My humble self,

My dad was a serial womanize.r grin no doubt I got it from him. So badddd!!

Secondly he’s very neat and clean, always want everything to be where it should be. If he arranges his books and you litter them, be ready for serious scolding.

Third, he’s a music lover cry he was always launching latest and baddest sony speakers and amplifiers in the 90s and early 2000. Yours faithfully is a die hard music fan. I always go for the best and baddest speakers just to feel good songs.

Fourth. I get angry easily grin (I’m working on this)

Fifth, my dad so love dogs. I cried the day I lost my beautiful dog. My dog was very clean and used to sleep on my bed.

Sixth, I too resemble this man o!!! Carbon copy.

The surprising part is I never grew up with him nor lived with him.

So what trait did you get from your parents?

Dad liked money so much and I took that trait from him. I like money ehn but then again like dad, I believe in working hard for my money. Thats another trait from him, working very hard like doing anything legit to make money.

I also took after him in being independent. I remember he told us he became a bicycle repairer just to be able to send himself to school those days cos his mum was a young widow. His dad died when he was very small and he's the last born. So he was the only educated person in his immediate family. His elder and only brother didnt have head for school so he became a hunter. Two elders sis too, those days na marriage no school. So just like him, I also saw myself through college after secondary school and still saw myself through some professional courses. Also took after his intelligence and brilliance.

I also took after his good heart. We dont know how to keep record of wrongs.

For mum tye only thing I took after her is laughter. We can laugh for Africa. As in what will not make most people laugh will have us rolling on the floor and people will be like "wetin dey make una laugh"? And we'll intensify the laughter the more. Especially my twin and I �.

3 Likes

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by Martinez39(m): 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

So let’s compare the two places u mentioned - USA is the greatest and most innovative country in the world while Islamic societies are the least (without oil)
I have no time for people who don't get their facts right before giving utterances to any piffle that occurs in their head. The gynocentrism in the US is not due innovation or a better system instead it is due to the exponential rise of contemporary feminism and the abundant present of simps and white knights. You don't have these in Islamic societies. Good night.
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by 2dice01: 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
emmyskies:

It's not good. Please change
sorry i cant change maybe if u bribe my 50million grin
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by Martinez39(m): 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
franugo:

Continue displaying ur animalistic tendencies oo..devil go push u one day u con lay ur filthy hands on any of my sisters or nieces. . .
If you don't want your sisters to get beaten, teach them to lay their hands on men.
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by Samskid310(m): 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by Samskid310(m): 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
embarassedWe all in my family inherited our Dad's impatience in procreation He gave birth at the age of 20years with another woman He gave birth to our first born at 21. Now our first born gave birth at 19years old I the second born recently had a son at the age of 17 Our last born is 13 I wonder when he will also have a child Every time I think about my family I don't know if I should laff or cry

4 Likes

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by Kastrom: 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
PrincessGift:
My mum...stammering and hot tempered,love for junk food and alcohol grin grin

My dad...hardworking, fear of God,zero tolerance to bullshit,and easy going tongue cry

Damn babe. Like she really smokes?
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by dnawah(m): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
stupidity:
grin grin

This is front page worthy, but you people will never take my matter serious. grin

My humble self,

My dad was a serial womanizer grin no doubt I got it from him. So badddd!!

Secondly he’s very neat and clean, always want everything to be where it should be. If he arranges his books and you litter them, be ready for serious scolding.

Third, he’s a music lover cry he was always launching latest and baddest sony speakers and amplifiers in the 90s and early 2000. Yours faithfully is a die hard music fan. I always go for the best and baddest speakers just to feel good songs.

Fifth, my dad so love dogs. I cried the day I lost my beautiful dog. My dog was very clean and used to sleep on my bed.

disappointments,they didn't even though me how to pray.
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by CanadaOrBust: 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
Martinez39:
I have no time for people who don't get their facts right before giving utterances to any piffle that occurs in their head. The gynocentrism in the US is not due innovation or a better system instead it is due to the exponential rise of contemporary feminism and the abundant present of simps and white knights. You don't have these in Islamic societies. Good night.

No need 4 big grammar, bottom line is, the more equally u treat women, the better a society

1 Like

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by Kingzeez10: 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
Christian617m:
Hmmm
Ogun loma pa ìyá ẹ́
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by themaestro08(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
franugo:

You are a fool. A very stupid Guy. You don't say such trash on people you don't even know. I have my valid reason for saying such. You are an animal for making this crude reply to me.

I don't segregate between males and females. I address threat equally. Fuckingg idiot.

1 Like

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by themaestro08(m): 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
franugo:

Be careful who you pick up a fight with. Am not threating you. Just a warning! It ain't funny. "Don't dig your own grave"
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by prizlezzlalasky(f): 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
pcguru1:

Awwww you're a nice person. Let me not derail but its deeper than that, it's a whole paternal tree not just father. But thanks

You are welcomed.
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by iSlayer: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
Let me just add a few of mine quickly.

1. Forgetfulness (Dad and Mum).

2. Dress sense (Dad).

3. A strong tendency to procrastinate (Dad).

4. A knack for writing (Dad's side).

5. Though I've never seen my dad flirt with other women, the easy way he gets them laughing and stuff tells me flirting is in his blood and I got it.

6. Hahaha, I got something else from him too. One thing like that.

7. Oh! The temper! Nasty stuff. Definitely Dad.

8. My love for a quiet place and privacy. (Dad).

9. Gentleness. (Mum).

10. Beards (Mum). If not for mumsy I would have been hairless, like my Dad and his peeps.

Overall, the things I've inherited from them seems so little now I think of it. Nurture seems to have played a very huge role in shaping me into who I am today. Seems I'm quite different from both my parents.

2 Likes

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by calmnquiet(m): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2019
Stubbornness from my father

Heavy Duty Stubbornness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by BRATISLAVA: 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2019
lipsrsealed
marvin906:

which bad thing did you now see there apart from womanizing..
we boys of the family ain't complaining..
my younger brother is on another level
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by BaronBright: 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
Oh Mehn, Nice Topic!!

I inherited my Dad's looks, height (we boast of a staggering 6ft height), brains (very smart man, a Medical Doctor, but im more in the tech sector), dunno about prick though, his calmness (he's very calm and calculating), his use of big words. But Alas, I couldn't take his cleanliness. I for snap my room show una, so untidy (not something I like shaa) im working on it.

Mom: Just soft palms. Our palms are girlishly soft. All of us. And I think her immune system too, we both are the "sickest" in the family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by hopexter(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
Over quietness from dad and craftiness from mom. Charming combination grin
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
Selflessness from mum... Ego and brilliance from my dad
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by Solotoy(m): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
me na strong head ooo from my papa
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by franugo(m): 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2019
themaestro08:
Be careful who you pick up a fight with. Am not threating you. Just a warning! It ain't funny. "Don't dig your own grave"

Nigga ur attempt at threatening me has been received, dealt with n discarded.... Like u yourself have been discarded..just hope not to lay hands on anybody related to me is all...swerve pls undecided
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by MisterKings(m): 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
Perhaps my father's good heart and my mother's ..I no dey take rubbish attitude
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
stupidity:
grin grin

My humble self,

My dad was a serial womanizer grin no doubt I got it from him. So badddd!!

Your dad has a melancholy personality with a secondary sanguine.
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by CanadaOrBust: 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
BaronBright:
Oh Mehn, Nice Topic!!

I inherited my Dad's looks, height (we boast of a staggering 6ft height), brains (very smart man, a Medical Doctor, but im more in the tech sector), dunno about prick though, his calmness (he's very calm and calculating), his use of big words. But Alas, I couldn't take his cleanliness. I for snap my room show una, so untidy (not something I like shaa) im working on it.

Mom: Just soft palms. Our palms are girlishly soft. All of us. And I think her immune system too, we both are the "sickest" in the family.

Where are the big words
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by themaestro08(m): 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
franugo:

Nigga ur attempt at threatening me has been received, dealt with n discarded.... Like u yourself have been discarded..just hope not to lay hands on anybody related to me is all...swerve pls undecided
I love stubborn He-goats like you. You are senseless, reason why you are laying emphasis on me laying hands on your worthless sisters.

For the records, I remain on my stance and see no reason why I should waste my time explaining to a fool like you. Believe what you like. It doesn't change anything.

And it doesn't negate the fact that you are on my record. Bring it on you animal. I am up to the task.
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by CanadaOrBust: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Samskid310:
embarassedWe all in my family inherited our Dad's impatience in procreation
He gave birth at the age of 20years with another woman
He gave birth to our first born at 21.
Now our first born gave birth at 19years old
I the second born recently had a son at the age of 17
Our last born is 13 I wonder when he will also have a child
Every time I think about my family I don't know if I should laff or cry

U should cry - recipe for poverty

2 Likes

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by UnknownQueen(f): 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
stupidity:
this is exactly what I’m beginning to understand about we Nigerians. We tend to take advantage of ones simplicity and calmness. I had an experience yesterday evening.

It’s time I start breaking bottles to show that side of me. angry

Let's put it this way, asides that people naturally take advantage of calm and simple people, the economy is not helping matters either, most people are angry and the only way they can vent is by releasing steam in the next available human...

So this is what I do, when I sense that those around where I am are not having it okay, I keep a straight face, at least u go see face u Wan throw your rubbish on before venting...

1 Like

Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by faithfull18(f): 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
themaestro08:
Am I the only one who doesn't subscribe to the "never hit a woman" Nonsense?
You are the only one undecided
Re: What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? by franugo(m): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
themaestro08:
I love stubborn He-goats like you. You are senseless, reason why you are laying emphasis on me laying hands on your worthless sisters.

For the records, I remain on my stance and see no reason why I should waste my time explaining to a fool like you. Believe what you like. It doesn't change anything.

And it doesn't negate the fact that you are on my record. Bring it on you animal. I am up to the task.

Bring what on exactly Bros I had a hectic day n I no get this energy, so die it already... We good ....at least until u .....u know undecided
BTW, name calling will get u nowhere with me, I recognize d fact dt u kids nowadays like to hurl insults at d slightest opportunity and I'm used to it by now so it doesn't phase me ...I reiterate,,,swerve undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / I Need your Advice / How Do You Tell Your First Wife You Married Another Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.