Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:04 AM

She Refuses To Wash His Clothes - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Refuses To Wash His Clothes (14654 Views)

Guy Takes Girl On A Trip To Dubai, Abandons Her There Because She Refuses Sex / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? / Is It Right For A Guy to Wash his Girlfriend's Panties? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Ranoscky(m): 11:16am On Nov 22, 2010
Chaircover, U spoke well my sista, esp, when you said something like: "I remember when our washing machine broke down & were waiting for the engineer to come and fix it, when I had my shower in the evening before I went to bed, I would at the same time hand wash the clothes we all wore that day. It was no big deal and it was done within 5 minutes". . .Well done.

Davidylan, Im wonderin if you'r just tryin to catch some fun by respondin to some gurls here pertainin this topic, or, you'r really tryin hard to talk some sense into them, I just don't know which one you'r tryin to do. It's obvious that so many of the gurls that you'r respondin to are stil single, and I believe you'll know what next to do when you read the followin comment that was quoted by a fellow she-male like them. Quote from Chaircover: "from experience one finds that women who say "never" are not married and their tune changes after marriage". . . .@Nweddings also made another great point again (on page 1), and these was what he said: "I learnt a long time ago not to 100% beleive the " I can never do this for a man" brigade cos half the time its just frontin". . .So Davidylan, the ball is in your court, I guess you know what next to do, or, better stil, you can stil carry on if you feel like catchin more fun (If respondin to their post is fun to you).

So far, so good, @Ladygaga has made my day after readin her post, and this was what she quoted below:

"Nahh, seriously, r this girls for real, am also suprised at some ppls comments, when did doin ones husbands laundry become slavery Yet they want to marry a god fearing,decent, bla bla prince charming,  Later they will turn "fake born again",run to church n say their r no eligible bachelors in the whole world!! Fake and ugly plastic dolls"

I laughed so HARD when I read the last phrase of her post. . (Fake and ugly plastic dolls). grin grin grin
So, I'll advice you to ignore them b'cos, a sane married woman WILL NEVER say such in an open forum, just my take!
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by indie22(f): 11:40am On Nov 22, 2010
A lot of single females do not understand what it entails to take care of a man, a home and children and the amount of sacrifces, compromises and patience that goes into making a marriage work and running a home, so ill say "never say never".

There are a lot of things I've said I will not do or take when I get married, but that's me not being totally sincere with myself because I know deep inside me, ill take and do whatever it takes to make my marriage work.

Just something for the ladies going all bent out of shape (to think over) over doing their men's laundry
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2010
Good talk ladies. Like Indie said, i doubt so many women understand how much work it takes to make a marriage work. It takes a LOT of compromise, if you're already apoplectic over washing his clothes then what would you do when you have to clean up after him?
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Yorisb: 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2010
davidylan:

I have to say i agree with you here. From experience most of the "i cant wash his clothes" ladies are nothing to write home about. They make these claims, you take one look at them and burst into laughter. Who seriously wants to give them clothes in the first place?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha That line just got me Rotfl grin grin

The really cute and responsible ones just go about making you happy with no fuss at all.

Truer words have never been spoken. cool
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by ojoko1(m): 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2010
it can be allowed during rlationshp. Bt married? U'v got no choice weaker sex,
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2010
ojoko1:

it can be allowed during rlationshp. Bt married? U'v got no choice weaker sex,

hmm sir no thats not the right attitude. Your help may be needed sometimes and your wife isnt necessarily weak because she does the domestic stuff.
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by bababuff(m): 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2010
There is nothing wrong with the wife washing the clothes of her husband. There are some kind of inner joy derived from doing things for somebody you love.
Now, if they can afford a washer man or washing machine great, that takes the pressure of her.

Please, when I said clothes, it should not include "underwear" there are somethings that should be personal to you as a man, I believe a man should wash his undies himself.

For single girls washing clothes for their boyfriends, well most of you (not all) are just wasting your time. He probably wont marry you. Some of us can count over 25 washer girls we've had before settling down. Funny enough, my wife did not wash my clothes before I married her.
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Templa(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2010
Dump her sorry ass. She is not just into u but a golddigger,
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by oluite(f): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2010
maxxy:

I was having this chat with my friends the other day (both are single female lawyers) and we touched upon this issue. Both categorically stated that they have told their guys that they will not do their laundry now, or when they get married. I see nothing wrong with that while they are still single, but married?!!!!

According to them, all clothes (including boxers) must go to the drycleaners and paid for by the man, or he should wash them himself!

I intially thought they were joking, but their insistence got me thinking. Is this a product of the wind of feminism blowing across the land, or do we assume too much when we expect our wives to arrange for our laundry to be done?
na them dey wash pass wen they get married!
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2010
wot re nigerian stupid laddiez turning into

i think they are all getting mad in the name of rights!!!
kiss undecided lipsrsealed shocked shocked cheesy
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2010
What difference does it make to a guy when he still washes and cooks his food after marriage ?
It's either you dump her now or you learn how to wash by yourself which you will definitely regret later.
for me,it's better to remain single than to be single in marriage.
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by marjo: 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2010
When i got married, it wasn't with the mind that i wouldn't wash his clothes. I used to do the washing every weekend but if he needed to wear a shirt before wash day, he washed them himself. With time - children, work, all sorts of other pressure etc i have stopped. he washes and irons his clothes outside while our son washes his undergarments, hankies etc. Son is away at school and second son can't wash clean enough so i wash them now. we have no issues with this. he doesn't bother with my things and i don't bother with his although sometimes if i am washing for myself and kids he may hand over an odd shirt for me to wash if he needs to use it before the washman comes round. at the end of the day its all about what both of you are comfortable with. He hasn't complained about the system so i presume he's ok with it. Too many people like forming what they cant really perform in real life. i read a lot of posts on NL and am amazed at what people write sometimes - its amazing how being anonymous brings out the dark side in us. Summary; Dont mind those girls. if you surprise them one day and bobos house you will see them scrubbing the floor sef.
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Ranoscky(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2010
oluite:

na them dey wash pass wen they get married!
kiss kiss kiss

I love your comment.

bababuff:

Some of us can count over 25 washer girls we've had before settling down.

Some gurls can also count over 50 'magas' before settlin down.

bababuff:

Funny enough, my wife did not wash my clothes before I married her.

So b'cos your wife did not wash your clothes durin the relationship, does that mean the ones that are washin their boyfriends clothes are wastin their time? undecided. . .So are you now sayin that, washin clothes is now the key factor of gettin married to the gurls?. . .What about a gurl that washes her boyfriends clothes but lacks good manners, so you mean the boyfriend should marry her just b'cos she washes his clothes? Those that want's to wash should wash, and those that are feelin soo pompous to wash, should leave, simple !!!

But she go get mind to ask her bf of money to make her hair, buy soap, cream, perfume and make up abi? undecided . . . angry

To all the "I WILL NEVER" gurls/ladies, the quote below is best for y'all:

~Bluetooth:

It's either you dump her now or you learn how to wash by yourself which you will definitely regret later.
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by MrCork26: 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2010
Ranoscky, bro will u wash my cloths, my pant included? wink
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Ranoscky(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2010
marjo:

When i got married, it wasn't with the mind that i wouldn't wash his clothes. I used to do the washing every weekend but if he needed to wear a shirt before wash day, he washed them himself. With time - children, work, all sorts of other pressure etc i have stopped. he washes and irons his clothes outside while our son washes his undergarments, hankies etc. Son is away at school and second son can't wash clean enough so i wash them now. we have no issues with this. he doesn't bother with my things and i don't bother with his although sometimes if i am washing for myself and kids he may hand over an odd shirt for me to wash if he needs to use it before the washman comes round. at the end of the day its all about what both of you are comfortable with. He hasn't complained about the system so i presume he's ok with it. Too many people like forming what they cant really perform in real life. i read a lot of posts on NL and am amazed at what people write sometimes - its amazing how being anonymous brings out the dark side in us. Summary; Dont mind those girls. if you surprise them one day and bobos house you will see them scrubbing the floor sef.

Tell them my sista, lecture them very well, and let those that refuses to learn remain single and marry their parents.

marjo:

Dont mind those girls. if you surprise them one day and bobos house you will see them scrubbing the floor sef.

You sabi dem well-well jare, no mind dem. And all doz ones wey dey claim big gurls, na dem dey help dia boyfriend go buy drinkin water, even carry am for head with dia wigg O. grin
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Ranoscky(m): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2010
Mr~Cork:

Ranoscky, bro will u wash my cloths, my pant included? wink

But oga psycho, Im not a she-male na, abi your mental illness don turn you to gay? grin
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by MissyB3(f): 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2010
This is not unexpected but I just want to confront it again- Why is it such a difficult, if not impossible, task to state your opinion w/o forcing it on others or calling the other interlocutor that disgrees names? They are less insightful  because they disagree? You must think your big flat head is equal to intelligence. grin grin
OP's friends say they cannot wash their men's clothes, kini big deal? It's now left for the men to decide if they can settle down with such women or not. Funny enough, some men don't mind.
As for the issue of compromise . . . It goes both ways. Not only the woman should waive her ''Nevers'', the man ought to forgo his ''You Musts'' too.
You can't wash my clothes? I do not like the idea of giving them to the drycleaners but if that's what brings peace, it's okay. Sounds too simple to be possible? That's becasue ,you're just trying to be unnecessarily difficult and dramatic and, that happens to be your problem, not mine. cool
Some people do not like cooking, others don't like cleaning or doing the laundry  . . .It doesn't make them less domestic. If the parties can find a way to resolve it, cool. I also understand that many 'Nevers' will be flung aside when one settles down.

Topic
Personally, it's not a big deal putting the clothes into the washing machine. In a situation where we don't have one [the thought of this is funny], I don't have a problem doing the washing with my hands [his underwears, included] at all. I have watched my Mum cook, iron, wash for my dad with absolute gladness that you would think that's the only thing she was born to do. Being brought up by a woman like that and being a proper African lady, I have learnt to see it as something normal. In fact, experience has thought me that you'll gladly do the chores you hate most, if it pleases and is beneficial to the one you care about.

It's simple -  Some women wouldn't do it . . . others will. It's akin to some  men washing their ladies' panties while others would rather die first.
Fact is, some men don't really make noise about who does the laundry. There's no right and wrong on this one. Whatever your decision is, if it works for you, Amen.

Seriously, why do some of you feel the need to speak even when you do not have to? grin
Ranoscky:

So are you now sayin that, washin clothes is now the key factor of gettin married to the gurls?

Ranoscky:

Tell them my sista, lecture them very well, and let those that refuses to learn remain single and marry their parents.
Excellent description for explaining a contradiction.
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by wale4x35(m): 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2010
The funniest thing is that while you are a bachelor they do everything.

Immediately you take them to the altar things change; that's when they advise you to get a washing machine etc, telling you about 21st century and all sort of rubbish angry angry angry
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Theblessed(f): 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2010
[b][size=18pt]Well, to some ladies on here - if washing their partners dirty gears makes them feel they're being good wives and those who do not do so should be considered not so good a wife then I should say more grease to their elbows.

We all know what we want in life and what we believe in.  A man knows the kind of a woman that would make him happy and chooses a 'High Flyer' so what does he expect? You can't eat your cake and have it, oga!

High fylying career ladies haven't got time for domestic chores unless they choose to, so you can't take her for her money spinning abilities, beauty/brain and status quo plus, the happy hours in the bedroom and, at the same time, your chambermaid, ok! grin grin

Therefore, if a man wants a chambermaid for wifery, he should not look beyond his nose because, that would be 'pushing' it. Get those ladies that are happy sitting on their big bums on the couch all day watching all the day time TVs e.g. 'Coronation Street, Eastenders, Shopping channels etc' and also get your dinner ready by the time you step into the drive, ok! grin grin

That's the type these men should go for and not the Astronauticas, Lawyerings, Doctortorials, Investment Banking or should I say Banqueen Execs etc, gorit? So, men should cut their coats according to their sizes that way, they can have a blissful, peaceful and harmonious homes, I suppose.

On the ordinary level, personally, I think men should do their own washing just as they would put food in their own mouths, shower/bath their own bodies as well as wipe their own bums when they'd been thus, I could not see any difference. Afterall, they both clock in some tough hours at work or, don't they? Everyone gets tired after a hard day grill at work, abi?  

Therefore, I support the girls stance - take it to the laundry and pick up the bill afterwards, that way, men will begin to appreciate their domestic Chambermaids. Also, to avoid the arguments that could erupt this kind of thing, why not make it a weekend family affair - allocate the chores in a way that the man does the laundry and the lady cleans/dusts and tidy up the the whole house (toilets/baths and showers, kitchen etc) and that's fair in my view.

Alternatively, since both of you earn a great deal, hire the service of a cleaning firm e.g. the Dusters Home Cleaning Services or get a Domestic to help the situation.

Now, go on attack with all your abuses! grin grin Lovely!!!
[/size][/b],
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by sleekch1c(f): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2010
@davidylan
i dnt care about what ur malformed brain thinks,
all i knw is that i wnt wash my man's clothes
never washed my bf's clothes
as 4 my husband?lol,my papa does his laundry himself
the rest goes to the dry cleaners
my mama takes care of hers too
my husband wld definitely do all his laundry.
whoever that this fact bothers is welcome to sue me. cool angry
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by bawomolo(m): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2010
couples shld define what each other's roles in the home shld be. All this fronting is unnecessary.

nothing more to be said.  find the partner that fits you and leave story for story teller.

i said i wld do my part in the marriage but if it includes doing his stinking laundry,
then he is welcome to rot like i said earlier.

is it that serious?
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by NubianQ(f): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2010
Washing ke? I will give him a bath, clean him up when he goes to the loo, change his pampers, feed him, piggy back him, chew his food if its too hard and feed him, pour lotion on his body, drain his catarrh, open a shrine and put his picture up to worship him, infact i will enter his skin, washing is not enough, dat one is childs play,If he wants me to do that to his family, i will sef, i will become his slave,

happy now lol

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by dayokanu(m): 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2010
If the man is paralysed YES.

If not then the woman can choose to or not
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by jaybee3(m): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2010
It's a privilege that's supposed to be earned.
We are not supposed to marry women into slavery as asking women to hand wash clothes when we ourselves won't do it is a bit far fetched.

If and when i do get married, the only thing i would expect from ma wife is to take care of our children as that's her only responsibility. Everything else (house chores) will be shared.
Offcourse I'm going to help with the children as well but it's her primary responsibility as a mother
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by jaybee3(m): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2010
^^^
I heard General CC had something to do with seized Iranian rockets shocked shocked
Who knows he may still have some stashed at home shocked shocked shocked so dis young dude doesn't wanna die yet cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2010
jay bee:

It's a privilege that's supposed to be earned.
We are not supposed to marry women into slavery as asking women to hand wash clothes when we ourselves won't do it is a bit far fetched.

If and when i do get married, the only thing i would expect from ma wife is to take care of our children as that's her only responsibility. Everything else (house chores) will be shared.
Offcourse I'm going to help with the children as well but it's her primary responsibility as a mother

To me the most important is bedroom activity, Other responsibility we can always hire people if she puts up a good case for it.

Assuming she has a very demanding job, then I cant reasonably expect her to take care of the kids full time, We can get a nanny or househelp but Bedroom one make I no too yarn.
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by jaybee3(m): 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2010
chaircover:

BTW do you snap egusi seeds and sift beans too? grin
Easy pizzie. . . . I will even go further by cooking a mean/tasty spinach with lumpy egusi or just better still go light and do the plain egusi stew.
Don't even get me started with the beans.
dayokanu:

To me the most important is bedroom activity, Other responsibility we can always hire people if she puts up a good case for it.

Assuming she has a very demanding job, then I cant reasonably expect her to take care of the kids full time, We can get a nanny or househelp but Bedroom one make I no too yarn.
The General Randy himself. We know now. lol
chaircover:

Jay-bee Iranian missile ke . . . . . slander abi na libel sef be dis o! shocked shocked shocked

Kila gbe Kile ju

Besides Mr CC is too busy sweating in the bathroom washing his boxers to even notice dis young dude who doesn't wanna die yet grin grin

@DK - Trust you to add another dimension to things grin
slender ke? who is Mr CC? Is like looking for Mr John Doe grin grin grin
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:

What difference does it make to a guy when he still washes and cooks his food after marriage ?

Roflmao!!! So this is why you marry?  grin Remain single abeg.
Re: She Refuses To Wash His Clothes by Tokotaya: 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2010
Dear all, very interesting contributions. Please, do not go into marriage with unchanging preconceived notions. Marriage is a living institution that modifies those in it. But people who go into it with fixed, inflexible ideas, reinforced by such views as have been expressed here by many 'liberal', modern-day women will definitely find a rude shock in marriage.
The Yorubas will say "Obirin lo nile". Transliteration will be something like 'women own the home' or 'women are the Managing Directors of the home'. It is their responsibility to ensure that the home is well run. How well run is a home where dirty clothes are strewn all over the place or stuffed into a basket? When you visit a friend and the home is stinking, the husband or children are in dirty clothes,  it is the women people will abuse in most cultures in Nigeria. It is pretty clear cut. In this aspect, women call the shot and determines what happens or does not happen.

Now, modern women, who may be career-oriented, busy and all, but are blessed with the right mindset that her home is under her sole management, just very simply put in place necessary enhancements to ensure that they manage the home well. Such may include hiring a washerman/woman who visits weekly or monthly, or getting a washing machine, a houseboy/maid, or bringing in a sister or brother to help etc. The options are endless. They propose options with their husbands who, mostly foot the bills for for such arrangements. So, really there is nothing to split the hair about. And interestingly, if you scour all the divorce papers in Nigerian courts, including the notorious customary courts, you are not likely to find a woman complaining that she is divorcing a man because he forces her to wash his clothes. "My Lord, my husband is so callous and inconsiderate that he gives me his dirty clothes to wash!"  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Strictly For Ladies / UBUNJA''s MISEDUCATION:4 Things About Women That Only Players Know. / Can You Carry Your Wife's Or Girlfriend's Hand Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.