Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

My Opinion On Feminism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Opinion On Feminism (7250 Views)

My Opinion On Broke Guys / On Feminism In Nigeria. / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 7:23am On Nov 22, 2019
I would like to point out that this is my personal opinion and i in no way want to infringe on the right of others to have their opinion as well but nevertheless it is my opinion.

I have said it time and time again that i think modern day feminism which has shifted from its main aim of equity to equality is women shooting themselves in the foot. Again my Personal opinion.

Nature has a made the roles very clear ,the provider and the caregiver. The man is the provider and the woman is the care giver.

Women have wombs for a reason ,ever wondered why men don't? Think on that.

Now if men are not helping women offload their biological weight why are women struggling to help men offload their financial weight to prove a point? The truth is the self esteem of men is tied to one thing "being able to provide". A man who works comes home ,hangs his feet and waits for his food, but a working house wife , comes home takes care of the kids ,cooks ,cleans before she eats. You see why i said women are shooting themselves in the foot because in trying to prove a point ,you are working yourself more no wonder many women look older than their husbands.

That is why i will not pay for a date,or give a man money ,its your duty as a man to provide ,and if you cant , off you go. Our forefathers gave their wives lands to farm ,that was their own way of providing,some of our mothers didnt even farm. But you see modern men shying away from this aspect and wanting women to be co-providers yet they will not agree to be co-caretakers and caregivers.Even men who loose their jobs instead of taking the role of the caregiver to ease the load off their wives become bitter and vindictive and develop this victim mentality cos the only thing tied to their manliness is actually their ability to provide .

I believe in equity , treating humans irrespective of gender with respect and dignity that was the original aim of feminism not this power tussle and gender grandstanding we see today and this is just my opinion .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:31am On Nov 22, 2019
Op read on the nature-nurture debate.

Some of the things we claim are nature based are actually nurture based. The environment we live in which is coupled by religion, culture, level of enlightenment and so on.

And by the way Op
Equality is equity. I am sure you have heard of that maxim.

Whatever view and mentality we hold is shaped by our environment. You were brought up to believe that a man's main duty is to provide and that does not necessarily mean nature made it so. It is nurture(environment) that made it so.
In some society's women can provide because their environment allows such. Same way you believe men should provide it is your environment or society that told you that.

(I am not arguing for feminism just stating a point I deduced from your write up)

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by MJBOLT: 8:53am On Nov 22, 2019
modern day feminists are simply confused,they want the privileges of men but not the responsibilities.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 9:15am On Nov 22, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
Op read on the nature-nurture debate.

Some of the things we claim are nature based are actually nurture based. The environment we live in which is coupled by religion, culture, level of enlightenment and so on.

And by the way Op
Equality is equity. I am sure you have heard of that maxim.

Whatever view and mentality we hold is shaped by our environment. You were brought up to believe that a man's main duty is to provide and that does not necessarily mean nature made it so. It is nurture(environment) that made it so.
In some society's women can provide because their environment allows such. Same way you believe men should provide it is your environment or society that told you that.

(I am not arguing for feminism just stating a point I deduced from your write up)
Nature is not limited by environment i am sure all women (naturally born as women) have wombs and all men(naturally born as men) don't have. This is a natural order. If men are not helping women offload the duties tied to them by nature and biologically i dont see why they are filling in for men financially while still maintaining their bioligical roles ,to me that is taking up double duty.

And no equality is not equity as the modern day feminism is making it look like. Power grandstanding of "i can do it too" of modern day feminism and being treated with respect and equal opportunity are very different.

That same environment that women are allowed to provide i am sure the men have no problem being caregivers and caretakers either which is what this write up is centered on. There has to be a balance, if he is not helping you offload the biological aspect ,then stop playing both roles as a woman,its doubling your duty.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 9:36am On Nov 22, 2019
MJBOLT:
modern day feminists are simply confused,they want the privileges of men but not the responsibilities.
actually they are taking on more responsibilities that is if you read and understood my write up .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Genset: 10:35am On Nov 22, 2019
God bless u op. This has been on my mind for such a long time. I used to be a feminist until i carefully thought about it and realised that women are actually cheating themselves . My husband will be a provider while i be the caretaker ....If get wants me to contribute finanancially he MUST be domesticated as well...i no like cheating

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Martinez39(m): 10:44am On Nov 22, 2019
Ladycewhy:
actually they are taking on more responsibilities that is if you read and understood my write up .
Feminists are not taking on any responsibilities, they are a egoistic, hypocritical, and toxic bunch. Now listen carefully, the provider men of the past are different from men of today, same with the women. The provider men of the past and women of the past had genders roles that were respected and women knew their place. These women were demanded to fulfil certain roles and they had no equal rights and opportunities as men. We men will only become sole providers when you all revert back to being women of the past.

You can't expect us to be the provider men of the past while women are free to not be women of the past. Women of the past were more useful to their husbands: they gave birth, took care of the children, accepted the man was the head of the house, listened to their husbands' commands and rules (the husband's authority was final), consistently and without fail did the chores of cooking, cleaning, and tidying, respected their husbands, gave sex whenever the man wanted etc. all these in return for the man being the provider. So you see, in the past both were useful to themselves. I ask, can a modern woman do all these? NO! You want men to be the provider but can you and your fellow feminists, even women in general, do all these? NO!

The modern woman, in her bloated feminist ego, can't do all these. Why then should we be asked to provide? Let me give you some hard truth:
1) It's not written anyway that men are supposed to provide for women's needs.
2) Men don't owe women their money. If women need money, let them go and find work.
3) Men have the right to withhold their cash. It is no crime or sin and it is their right.
4) It is not a crime or sin if a woman is expected to provide. Prove me wrong using sound reasoning instead of the usual rhetoric or shaming. You all what equality, you shall then put your money where your mouths are.

The provider male role is not natural. Just like mathematical concepts, men defined that role and it's not incumbent on them to fulfil such responsibility. I hope men wake up by realising these facts and act on them so that they can tame the entitlement, hypocrisy, and irrationality of ladies. We cannot have it screamed into our faces that women are equal yet we are somehow expected to provide. Put your money where your mouth is.

Ubunja, emmaodet, AstroG, Omar09, JONNYSPUTE, CAPSLOCKED, healthserve.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 10:47am On Nov 22, 2019
Genset:
God bless u op. This has been on my mind for such a long time. I used to be a feminist until i carefully thought about it and realised that women are actually cheating themselves . My husband will be a provider while i be the caretaker ....If get wants me to contribute finanancially he MUST be domesticated as well...i no like cheating

Thank you ,atleast there should be a balance ,women should stop doubling their duty ,that is not equity feminism was built on its cheating that a working woman has to go to work,come back attend to the kids ,cook ,clean the house while all the man does is come back from work and lift his feet up,to me it just doesn't show equity at all,modern feminism is cheating women.

8 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2019
Martinez39:
Feminists are not taking on any responsibilities, they are a egoistic, hypocritical, and toxic bunch. Now listen carefully, the provider men of the past are different from men of today, same with the women. The provider men of the past and women of the past had genders roles that were respected and women knew their place. These women were demanded to fulfil certain roles and they had no equal rights and opportunities as men. We men will only become sole providers when you all revert back to being women of the past.

You can't expect us to be the provider men of the past while women are free to not be women of the past. Women of the past were more useful to their husbands: they gave birth, took care of the children, accepted the man was the head of the house, listened to their husbands' commands and rules (the husband's authority was finally), consistently and without fail did the chores of cooking, cleaning, and tidying, respected their husbands, gave sex whenever the man wanted etc. all these in return for the man being the provider. So you see, in the past both were useful to themselves. I ask, can a modern woman do all these? You want men to be the provider but can you and your fellow feminists, even women in general, do all these?

The modern woman, in her bloated feminist ego, can't do all these. Why then should we be asked to provide. Let me give you some hard truth:
2) Men don't owe women their money. If women need money, let them go and find work.
3) Men have the right to withhold their cash. It is no crime or sin and it is their right.
4) It is not a crime or sin if a woman is expected to provide. Prove me wrong using sound reasoning instead of the usual rhetoric or shaming. You all what equality, you shall then put your money where your mouths are.

The provider male role is not natural. Just like mathematical concepts, men defined that role and it's not incumbent on them to fulfil such responsibility. I hope men wake up by realising these facts and act on them so that they can tame the entitlement, hypocrisy, and irrationality of ladies. We cannot have it screamed into our faces that women are equal yet we are somehow expected to provide. Put your money where your mouth is.

Ubunja, emmaodet, AstroG, Omar09, JONNYSPUTE, CAPSLOCKED, healthserve.
gathering the crowd i see ,i know you are a angry person for whatever reason best known to you ,but i think you need to calm down comprehend before typing away, i am even reading your comment in a shouting male voice,Lol

12 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Martinez39(m): 11:34am On Nov 22, 2019
Ladycewhy:
gathering the crowd i see ,i know you are a angry person for whatever reason best known to you ,but i think you need to calm down comprehend before typing away . Lol
I am not angry. The provider talk is nonsense. Men don't owe women a dime. I am tired of women running their mouth on how it is incumbent on men to provide because men of the past did the same. The same women would never be like women of the past yet they want men of be men of the past.

I don't blame you or other women, I blame the weak simping men who let women get away with double standards. Either you want equality or not. Women can't claim equality if they chicken out when sh!t hit the fan and then start dishing out the usual rigmarole of how it's incumbent on men to provide blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I rest my case on this thread. Good day. grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 11:57am On Nov 22, 2019
Martinez39:
I am not angry. The provider talk is nonsense. Men don't owe women a dime. I am tired of women running their mouth on how it is incumbent on men to provide because men of the past did the same. The same women would never be like women of the past yet they want men of be men of the past.

I don't blame you or other women, I blame the weak simping men who let women get away with double standards. Either you want equality or not. Women can't claim equality if they chicken out when sh!t hit the fan and then start dishing out the usual rigmarole of how it's incumbent on men to provide blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I rest my case on this thread. Good day. grin
which is why i said you need to comprehend and stop ranting ,you just confirmed my assertion that you are frustrated about something and going all out like a wounded lion. All you did was regurgitate the same thing.

I am not here to go back and forth with you in whatever world you have created for yourself, if you want to keep regurgitating ,i will leave you to it and respond to people who are more on the side of logic to allow for an engaging conversation.

But let me just say this, there are many unwritten rules of society, but you wouldn't know that now would you? now i am not against women making their own money ,infact i encourage it,but if a woman must share financial burden ,the man must also share from other forms of house chores its that simple,atleast western men dont have a problem with that .

How Do I Understand/satisfy My Husband?

I saw this thread this morning and it dawned on me that the self esteem of men is only tied to being able to provide, they see it as a tool for control and manipulation instead of for fulfilment and opportunity. Take this away from a man and they feel worthless and their self esteem flies out the window.which is why women need financial freedom not so they can be equal to men but to be free from the control and manipulation of men. Its not so you can help him offload his financial responsiblity as a woman but to empower yourself. Hence "women empowerment".

In this current century ,women still give birth and take care of homes and their children so i don't even see the comparism between now and our mothers of the old,infact women now have more duties when it comes to kids with perverts running around and the dark side of technology etc. The only thing i see that is different is the level of freedom which you seem to be bitter about hence this your comment

us to be the provider men of the past while women are free to not be women of the past. Women of the past were more useful to their husbands: they gave birth, took care of the children, accepted the man was the head of the house, listened to their husbands' commands and rules (the husband's authority was finally), consistently and without fail did the chores of cooking, cleaning, and tidying, respected their husbands, gave sex whenever the man wanted etc. all these in return for the man being the provider.

Which brings me back to the issue of control and manipulation which the woman must strive to be free from for her own good not so she can be equal .Our mothers endured alot in the past not because they were happy but they had no choice infact in my culture leaving your husband's house was a taboo. So these men knew their wives were going nowhere so they did whatever they liked cos the tradition was all in their favour. Your choice of word like "commands and rules" is a justification that truly women of old adapted patience as means of survival and not because they liked it .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ladycewhy:
Nature is not limited by environment i am sure all women (naturally born as women) have wombs and all men(naturally born as men) don't have. This is a natural order
Sitting down and waiting for a man to feed you is notba natural order but what society tells you so put your hand to good use and fend for yourself in this modern world everybody should make money because you can not know tomorrow
If men are not helping women offload the duties tied to them by nature and biologically i dont see why they are filling in for men financially while still maintaining their bioligical roles ,to me that is taking up double duty.
Marry a man you can talk to or share your ideology and train your sons into men that can be talked to and teach them against gender stereotyping so that they can help their wives

And no equality is not equity as the modern day feminism is making it look like. Power grandstanding of "i can do it too" of modern day feminism and being treated with respect and equal opportunity are very different.
As society evolves things evolve or do you expect feminist of today to still be clamouring for the riggt to vote when women have already been granted that so the issues change as time goes on. It is not power standing some men are just adamant to change so they read it as such

That same environment that women are allowed to provide i am sure the men have no problem being caregivers and caretakers either which is what this write up is centered on. There has to be a balance, if he is not helping you offload the biological aspect ,then stop playing both roles as a woman,its doubling your duty.

This one nor be modern feminist cause am actually feminist have been trying to get rid of the gender stereotyping as far as chores are concerned because if women work they need to be assisted domestically but when society raises men to still think that is solely a woman's job in the 21st century things like this are bound to occur. When we raise men to learn how to do those things they won't see it as a problem to offer a helping hand.
But if we keep shut and ladies fail to talk to their husbands they will continue to walk double time and be less appreciated because they failed to act against it. Feminism is not the cause of that society's refusal to change and find a balance is the cause of that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 22, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
Dimples0303:

I really like the conversations you guys bring to this topic. You are right.. I Can not do any of the things you listed on women of the past. I am educated, and capable so I can never go back.

That's why even my papa never give me money to survive after my early teens, let alone some strange man.

The next generation of females will never go back... You think that the women of old days enjoyed the status quo? If so why are those women's daughters and granddaughters educated and pushing for equality and freedom from *submission to men*

Now... What's the solution going forward?

Should women like me go their own way as well?

I'm thinking this redpill, and feminists war will lead to homosexuality taking over and hetro relationships will become strange. Don't you think?

As a feminist, my need is to be allowed (cheesy grin) my independence while still in a loving relationship with a man... Are you telling me that because I won't submit then I must stay single?

The solution is to change that narrative a find a balance.

I for one do not want to be like women of old.

angry angry
I prefer to be the modern woman.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
And Op equality is equity it is a true maxim of equity.

They are used interchangeably and are quite distinct from each other but very similar.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
Sitting down and waiting for a man to feed you is notba natural order but what society tells you so put your hand to good use and fend for yourself in this modern world everybody should make money because you can not know tomorrow Marry a man you can talk to or share your ideology and train your sons into men that can be talked to and teach them against gender stereotyping so that they can help their wives As society evolves things evolve or do you expect feminist of today to still be clamouring for the riggt to vote when women have already been granted that so the issues change as time goes on. It is not power standing some men are just adamant to change so they read it as such

This one nor be modern feminist cause am actually feminist have been trying to get rid of the gender stereotyping as far as chores are concerned because if women work they need to be assisted domestically but when society raises men to still think that is solely a woman's job in the 21st century things like this are bound to occur. When we raise men to learn how to do those things they won't see it as a problem to offer a helping hand.
But if we keep shut and ladies fail to talk to their husbands they will continue to walk double time and be less appreciated because they failed to act against it. Feminism is not the cause of that society's refusal to change and find a balance is the cause of that.
you have made salient points however i want to say feminism and modern day feminism are two different things ,which is why i said there is a difference between equity which the old feminism was geared towards and gave birth to women rights to vote and all but modern day feminism is geared more towards "out doing" . I would still prefer the agenda of the old feminism of girl child rights and equal opportunity which is why both of us were even allowed to go to school and even comment on this forum.I am in no way undermining the things feminism has fought for and how it has affected the life of the girl child.

My point here is many ladies has misunderstood the main aim and see it as a tool for power tussle ,women empowerment is not to relieve men of their duties but to provide a support system for women .

And you are very right, women need to teach their sons better and stop leaving them to find their paths while hovering like a hawk over their daughters cos it turns out a baldy raised man will not be the nightmare of a well brought up lady.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
They are not different feminism is feminism.
The times change so the need change in some countries they are still fighting for basic rights for women while in others they have advanced.
Abi we should still be fighting for women voting and leaving the home since we mustbbe in tune to the feminism of vefore.
Just like any movement feminism is diverse.
@bold, feminism has always been a power tussle against an unjust society which some men have taken advantage of for years. From the first wave or rise of feminism it has been a power tussle ir challenge against the status quo.
Ladycewhy:
you have made salient point however i want to say feminism and modern day feminism are two different things ,which is why i said there is a difference between equity which the old feminism was geared towards and gave birth to women rights to vote and all but modern day feminism is geared more towards "out doing" . I would still prefer the agenda of the old feminism of girl child rights and equal opportunity which is why both of us were even allowed to go to school and even comment on this forum.I am in no way undermining the things feminism has fought for and how it has affected the life of the girl child.

My point here is many ladies has misunderstood the main aim and see it as a tool for power tussle ,women empowerment is not to relieve men of their duties but to provide a support system for women .

And you are very right, women need to teach their sons better and stop leaving them to find their paths while hovering like a hawk over their daughters cos it turns out a baldy raised man will not be the nightmare of a well brought up lady.

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ladycewhy:
Thank you ,atleast there should be a balance ,women should stop doubling their duty ,that is not equity feminism was built on its cheating that a working woman has to go to work,come back attend to the kids ,cook ,clean the house while all the man does is come back from work and lift his feet up,to me it just doesn't show equity at all,modern feminism is cheating women.
. So whose fault is this now?
Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
They are not different feminism is feminism.
The times change so the need change in some countries they are still fighting for basic rights for women while in others they have advanced.
Abi we should still be fighting for women voting and leaving the home since we mustbbe in tune to the feminism of vefore.
Just like any movement feminism is diverse.
@bold, feminism has always been a power tussle against an unjust society which some men have taken advantage of for years. From the first wave or rise of feminism it has been a power tussle ir challenge against the status quo.
Exactly ,but how is not sharing a bill with a man unjust? We have left the real thing to be chasing shadows. And i for one think there need for reorientation. There is still a lot to be done in this part of the world ,women are still thrown out of their homes with kids without proper support,widows are still dealing with alot from inlaws ,there is still forced marriage for underaged children ,these are the things i want to hear not how you should make money so you can drag power with a man in the house when the power is supposed to be used to empower you as a woman yet you are using it to relieve his own financial load

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Martinez39(m): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
Dimples0303:

I really like the conversations you guys bring to this topic. You are right.. I Can not do any of the things you listed on women of the past. I am educated, and capable so I can never go back.

That's why even my papa never give me money to survive after my early teens, let alone some strange man.

The next generation of females will never go back... You think that the women of old days enjoyed the status quo? If so why are those women's daughters and granddaughters educated and pushing for equality and freedom from *submission to men*

I'm thinking this redpill, and feminists war will lead to homosexuality taking over and hetro relationships will become strange. Don't you think?

As a feminist, my need is to be allowed (cheesy grin) my independence while still in a loving relationship with a man... Are you telling me that because I won't submit then I must stay single?
All I am saying is that the notion that men are supposed to provide is baseless. Even more irrational and hypocritical is the idea that such is justified because men of the past did such. If a man wants to provide, he can do that but on no account must a woman tell me that it is incumbent on me to provide her needs and that providing for her makes me a man. If men told women that it's incumbent on women to do the chores, cook, and respect their husbands; have the men as the heads of their home and submit to them; give their husbands sex whenever the husbands want, and see his commands and authority as final, there would an outrage on how such utterances as misogynistic and deserving of utter disdain and how it's sexist to define gender roles for women.

Women do not want us to define gender roles for women or we risk being called sexist. However, they enjoy the liberty of telling us that we ought to provide as many and it is masculine for a man to provide. The hypocrisy of feminism, and modern women in general, is of prodigious proportion. If someone can refute the four points I gave with sound reasoning only (instead of shaming, subjective piffle, or insults), then I will agree that it is incumbent on men to provide. Women want equality and they must be given to the fullest. I blame the weak simping men who shield women and let women get away double standards and the perpetual refusal to hold themselves accountable.

As I have said, if a man wants to provide let him but he is not obliged. The op talks of unwritten laws (what are these unwritten laws?). If she can refute the four hard truths I gave, then she has just started making a strong case. I rest my case.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lalasticlala pls move to Frontpage.
Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nvm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ladycewhy:
Exactly ,but how is sharing a bill with a man unjust? We have left the real thing to be chasing shadows. And i for one think there needs to be a reorientation. There is still a lot to be done in this part of the world ,women are still thrown out of their homes with kids without proper support,widows are still dealing with alot from inlaws ,there is still forced marriage for underaged children ,these are the things i want to hear not how you should make money so you can drag power with a man in the house when the power is supposed to be used to empower you as a woman yet you are using it to relieve his own financial load
You misunderstood me. I never said anything on sharing a bill with a man being unjust. What I meant was that women before feminism women were treated unfairly hence why it was a power tussle to challenge such kind of treatment.
You misunderstood me there.

And I agree with this your post. I don't think anybody should make money to drag with a man or woman, but make money to be self sufficient for yourself and whatever afvantage comes with it.
I believe that in marriage the couple is interdependent of each other not independent from each other.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Martinez39(m): 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
Dimples0303:

Not at all. A man and woman can come together and both agree on a standard and rules on how to run the marriage. The problem is not men but the women who are entitled, egoistic (thanks to feminism), and want equality only when it's convenient.

I never said that. If you want to be allowed some form of independence, you can if both of you are fine with it but you shall not, like an entitled child, tell him that he must be responsible for your financial needs as a man. He can if he wants to and must do so of his own will.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
Dimples0303:

I think people like op, who wants the freedom without the financial responsibility are the ones making a joke of feminism and that's why you and many men are confused.

I agree with you 100, that a man is not responsible for providing for an able-bodied woman like himself. My nephews and sons will never have to deal with that because women have bought their freedom as far as I am concerned.

I will not be raising boys who are burden by another woman, and I will not raise girls who are told their only use is to cook and pop babies.

We are a new generation and we need to let go of our parents way and create a new way for ourselves and our children's children might change everything back or do it a completely different way.
Women have bought their freedom from where? Lol . Definitely not in Nigeria. Things might not be same as they were for our mother now but until the laws regarding divorce are reviewed, widows are better protected, child education is equal across the country, i must say ,what you said is half truth cos those are the real issues feminism should be tackling .

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

You misunderstood me. I never said anything on sharing a bill with a man being unjust. What I meant was that women before feminism women were treated unfairly hence why it was a power tussle to challenge such kind of treatment.
You misunderstood me there.

And I agree with this your post. I don't think anybody should make money to drag with a man or woman, but make money to be self sufficient for yourself and whatever afvantage comes with it.
I believe that in marriage the couple is interdependent of each other not independent from each other.
Exactly what the women empowerment movement was all about, to create a support system for women be self sufficient and not be controlled by "rules and instructions " from their husbands according to Martinez39 . But seems women now think the only way to earn respect is to offset the bill so they can share in the power ,which i think its a dead end .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2019

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ladycewhy:
Exactly what the women empowerment movement was all about, to create a support system for women be self sufficient and not be controlled by "rules and instructions " from their husbands according to Martinez39 . But seems women now think the only way to earn respect is to offset the bill so they can share in the power ,which i think its a dead end .
It may be a dead end to you.
But money is power cheesy.
To have power you need money and humans not just women love that.
Who plays the piper dictates the tune that is why some men are intimidated by financially capable women.

I see your point. Thanks for sharing kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
Martinez39:
Not at all. A man and woman can come together and both agree on a standard and rules on how to run the marriage. The problem is not men but the women who are entitled, egoistic (thanks to feminism), and want equality only when it's convenient.

I never said that. If you want to be allowed some form of independence, you can if both of you are fine with it but you shall not, like an entitled child, tell him that he must be responsible for your financial needs as a man. He can if he wants to and must do so of his own will.

I guess we're on the same page! #teamredpill grin

Women don't submit and men put your wallets back in your pocket and let's keep it moving grin grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
Dimples0303:

I'm confused then... So feminism is needed. What's the point of your op then.. You don't want to work and clean so you will opt for cleaning?

I'm confused by your thread sis... Modern or old feminism is still needed? Your problem is who pays the bills and foots the bills on a night out? Those things have nothing to do with feminism, those are choices made in a relationship.

If you work hard and your man doesn't appreciate your efforts then drop him and find a better one...

I don't know...
I agree but OP feels it is caused by feminsm which I tried to clear.
It may not be fair even to me that she is bringing feminism into it but she made some points which are some people's reality. But then I agree it is also a relationship stuff between couples with more or less to do with feminism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
Dimples0303:

I'm confused then... So feminism is needed. What's the point of your op then.. You don't want to work and clean so you will opt for cleaning?

I'm confused by your thread sis... Modern or old feminism is still needed? Your problem is who pays the bills and foots the bills on a night out? Those things have nothing to do with feminism, those are choices made in a relationship.

If you work hard and your man doesn't appreciate your efforts then drop him and find a better one...

I don't know...
Modern feminism is chasing shadows is what the thread is about. Which is why i used equity and equality differently. The agenda was supposed to create a support system for women but not it has been trivialised into something else. Old feminism was all about liberating women, women rights , girl child rights and so on.

I never in my comment said i dont want to work, i don't know where you cooked that one from,maybe you can point out where i said that cos this is the third time you are saying it, but you are no the only one who has read my post ,but you seem to be the only one with that understanding.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Would You Choose Between These Two Beautiful Girls? / Mr Nairaland And The Stupidity That Comes Along.. / My Fellow Womanizers, Please Help Me Decide On This? PLEASE!!! PHOTOS!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.