Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,404 members, 7,836,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

My Opinion On Feminism - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Opinion On Feminism (7333 Views)

My Opinion On Broke Guys / On Feminism In Nigeria. / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:36am On Nov 25, 2019
Korllami007:

You de mind lazy people. They want to turn marriage to business center. grin grin

She's saying alimony benefits both men and women and na lie. In 2017, U.S Census Bureau said 98% of people receiving alimony were women.

In as much as it can be argued that the West has become gynocentric in recent years, it does not mean that divorce laws need not be strengthened in Nigeria.

Do I like divorce laws and child support laws no? Is it being abused? Yes every law has loopholes but it does serve it's purpose and that giving women who are genuinely in danger an opportunity to leave their marriages and have a decent life afterwards.

Anyone who argues that women dont have equal opportunities in Nigeria isn't wrong but the truth of the matter is that everyone in Nigeria is as oppressed as the next person.

Nigeria is simply a lawless country where anything goes and so more laws to protect women won't even change anything.

However I feel it is fair to support your child after a divorce and not leave the women empty handed also. It is only fair to do so EVEN if the divorce is her fault

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 8:41am On Nov 25, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

In as much as it can be argued that the West has become gynocentric in recent years, it does not mean that divorce laws need not be strengthened in Nigeria.

Do I like divorce laws and child support laws no? Is it being abused? Yes every law has loopholes but it does serve it's purpose and that giving women who are genuinely in danger an opportunity to leave their marriages and have a decent life afterwards.

Anyone who argues that women dont have equal opportunities in Nigeria isn't wrong but the truth of the matter is that everyone in Nigeria is as oppressed as the next person.

Nigeria is simply a lawless country where anything goes and so more laws to protect women won't even change anything.

However I feel it is fair to support your child after a divorce and not leave the women empty handed also. It is only fair to do so EVEN if the divorce is her fault
but do the Nigerian men ever have the mentality tho? A very good case is segun arinze, the last time his daughter was in the news we know how it was . A father who simply felt since he was divorced his duty to his child ended. This one is even a known celeb o.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:51am On Nov 25, 2019
Ladycewhy:
but do the Nigerian men ever have the mentality tho? A very good case is segun arinze, the last time his daughter was in the news we know how it was . A father who simple felt since his was divorced his duty to his child ended. This one is even a known celeb o.

I still strongly suggest that marrying someone who is kind is the best path. A kind woman and man will most probably make a success of their marriage. If the marriage fails for some reason their divorce will probably not be nasty

One thing I have personally noticed is that most feminists have lost their kindness on the altar of the god of feminism .
Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 8:55am On Nov 25, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

I still strongly suggest that marrying someone who is kind is the best path. A kind woman and man will most probably make a success of their marriage. If the marriage fails for some reason their divorce will probably not be nasty

One thing I have personally noticed is that most feminists have lost their kindness on the altar of the god of feminism .
So what will we now attribute the number of deadbeat fathers littering every corner of Nigeria to?

Except you are insinuating that most Nigerian men are not kind .

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:24am On Nov 25, 2019
Ladycewhy:
So what will we now attribute the number of deadbeat fathers littering every corner of Nigeria to?

Except you are insinuating that most Nigerian men are not kind .

The jury is still out on that one but I strongly reject the notion that MOST Nigerian men are not kind. Most signifies a majority and that isn't true at all.

Another issue contributing to this factor of increasing number of father who abandon their kids is the dire economic situation in the country.

Nigerian men are highly sort after by women from other countries around the world
Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Korllami007: 9:45am On Nov 25, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

I don't need to pay child support to any woman since I have the resources to take care of my kid(s) so the kid(s) should be with me if I want the custody of kid(s). If she's fighting for the custody of the kids, then that means she has financial power to take care of the kid(s) unless the kid(s) is/are infant(s).
This nonsense has makes some women to turn relationships to business centers in US where you will see a woman giving birth to 5 children for 5 different fathers and living of off child supports. This is very common among African Americans. I think this is what women here are agitating for, this what they want where they will turn marriages to business centres. Lazy people everywhere.

I think the court should give the kid to anyone that has financial capability to take of the kids if both of them are fighting for the custody of the kids. But I'm in support of the man should pay child support if he doesn't want the custody of the kid. In essence, anyone that wins the custody of the kid should carry the financial burden alone but the spouse can support the kid if he or she wants, not forced or obligated to do so. But the alimony is 100% bullsh*t because it will increase laziness in women and it will increase divorce in marriage divorce will be initiated a lot by women at the slightest provocation even if the woman is at fault in the case of cheating and she knows that she will benefit from the divorce a lot so it is a win-win for her. In US, na women they mostly initiate divorce.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Ladycewhy(f): 9:48am On Nov 25, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

The jury is still out on that one but I strongly reject the notion that MOST Nigerian men are not kind. Most signifies a majority and that isn't true at all.

Another issue contributing to this factor of increasing number of father who abandon their kids is the dire economic situation in the country.

Nigerian men are highly sort after by women from other countries around the world
Nigerian men actually don't treat foreign women the same way tho that is the truth.

As for your submission of blaming it on the ecomonic situation ,that is hardly the case as the very example i gave is that of a very financially stable Celeb,this has been on for centuries ,it didnt just start today. There is this saying that "a child will always look for his/her father when they are grown" so the Nigerian man uses that as an excuse to absolve themselves of responsibility.

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
Op do you know the meaning of feminism at all

Feminism isn’t in anyway related to who provides in a home ,who cleans or domestication whatever. Y’all keep misinterpreting feminism

Ladyhippolyta I’m quite disappointed in you for not straightening up these folks.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by emmaodet: 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2019
WorkSmartEdu:
[b]I spent a very long time going through this post comment after comment and I want to salute the men and women who are standing against this recent madness which many unfortunate females are calling "feminism"

I am a strong believer of equal opportunities for all whether male or female and as a husband and father who has the mixture of both sexes, it is imperative that I drill into them the realities of planet Earth as nature is just unforgiving and the fools who fail to learn from it will have themselves to blame.

This game of marriage is a team game....QED and just like in every team there are defined roles for each member. A goal keeper cannot be struggling to take a penalty kick with an astute striker. The only opportunity a goalie will have at a penalty kick is if they are ajugded the best taker or if every other better positioned players have failed.

In my family, my instructions and directions are clear. I am capable enough to provide for my family and my extended family (wife's family) and I need a helper who will produce my kids and help me take care of them and carry out domestic activities which are places that I don't class as my forte. Now it got to a point from I presume reading some vile posts from these frustrated girls and single mothers who hate men, my wife wanted to challenge that guideline, I carefully cancelled my initial plans to send her abroad fro further studies, sat her down and offered to continue paying her the salary of over 1.8m per annum excluding over 150k in bulk sum each quarter that I am paying her because we have children now and they are my priority so that she will let me BOUNCE as I was willing to keep paying the house rent for her and have joint custody of our kids. I was thinking she would jump at the offer, but alas she started weeping and gathered both families that I shouldn't go..Lool!

See eeeh I am a man's man and I would not debate what that means. I am willing to take the bullet for my family but what I won't accept is the madness of two captains in a ship. Hell No!

My daughters will grow coming from a position of priviledge and some level of wealth and will have equal opportunities like my sons. But I promise to raise them up just like my mother with the clear understanding that irrespective of what you have and who you are, that there must never be two leaders in a progressive team and that Nature provided roles and guidelines and no one fights nature and wins.
She must learn to ignore the probable idiots who are dishonest in their cravings and who hate all men and want all men subdued under the ridiculous tag of "feminism".

But men please and please do not insist on my path if you are deficient in providing for your family and household and also don't think it unfair if your wife insists you do house chores if she contributes to the family not because she wants to but because she has to!
I help out on some chores when I feel like and not because I am compelled to. I also raise my kids at any given opportunity that I stay with them just because I believe I have better experience at it. By the way since my woman got back to her senses, I have invested over 1.5m in a business for her too but with very clear instructions that if she allows the small wealth she is getting as a result get to her head and forget our family commitments, there will be consequences.

Nature will take care of these oversabi wannabe men-women who are hiding under the cloak of "feminism". [/b]

Bro forget it, the reason your wife calm down was because she is not really empowered.
For example, if she is working with maybe Chevron and netting like 6m per year plus unofficial office money of about 5m per year making total of about 10-11m per year, she will tell you to fvck off because she can take care of her children.
Infact, she will go for that course she plans in abroad and even send her kids there without bathing an eye.
She will be arrogant, when you raise your voice she will raise her own back.
Why do you think there is ever increasing shout of Empowering women? The hidden agenda is to disarm Men from been in charge of there family and crumble traditional family settings.
When a woman has her money she believes she doesn't need a man with all his numerous baggage and troubles but when a man has money he believes he needs a woman with her baggages and troubles, he will manage it.
Women are trained to be selfish bro and the more empowered women become, the lesser they will likely want to marry and it will not interest them again.
It is called the Employee's Mentality

Martinez39
Pansophist
Ubunja
Franchasng

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by pansophist(m): 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2019
emmaodet:

Bro forget it, the reason your wife calm down was because she is not really empowered.
For example, if she is working with maybe Chevron and netting like 6m per year plus unofficial office money of about 5m per year making total of about 10-11m per year, she will tell you to fvck off because she can take care of her children.
Infact, she will go for that course she plans in abroad and even send her kids there without bathing an eye.
She will be arrogant, when you raised your voice she will raise her own back.
Why do you think there is ever increasing shout of Empowering women? The hidden agenda is to disarm Men from been in charge of there family and crumble traditional family settings.
When a woman as her money she believes she doesn't need a man with all his numerous baggage and troubles but when a man as money he believes he needs a woman with her baggages and troubles, he will manage it.
Women are trained to be selfish bro and the more empowered women become, the lesser they will likely want to marry and it will not interest them again.

There is a certain amount one will earn, and no matter how much more you have on top of that, your quality of life will remain the same, this is known as the ''hedonistic treadmill''. Humans evolved to value companionship, love, family, emotional security, not to be fulfilled with material things such as excess money beyond what is needed for sustenance, anyone that has handled real money should know what I am talking about. Having said that, If my wife earns 1 billion dollars monthly, I will still walk out of the relationship if she loses respect and starts regurgitating feminism nonsense. Her value to me is not her career or money (although they are nice toppings), but her companionship, and being a good mother to our kids.

A truly masculine man should not become weak because his partner is richer. In as much as my kids are secure and have shared custody, she can leave with her money, I really do not care, only that I will worry about the effect the dissolution might have on the kids.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by emmaodet: 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
pansophist:

There is a certain amount one will earn, and no matter how much more you have on top of that, your quality of life will remain the same, this is known as the ''hedonistic treadmill''. Humans evolved to value companionship, love, family, emotional security, not to be fulfilled with material things such as excess money beyond what is needed for sustenance, anyone that has handled real money should know what I am talking about. Having said that, If my wife earns 1 billion dollars monthly, I will still walk out of the relationship if she loses respect and starts regurgitating feminism nonsense. Her value to me is not her career or money (although they are nice toppings), but her companionship, and being a good mother to our kids.

A truly masculine man should not become weak because his partner is richer. In as much as my kids are secure and have shared custody, she can leave with her money, I really do not care, only that I will worry about the effect the dissolution might have on the kids.

Sure, i understand at that point the best thing to do is to move on.
it's well bro
Re: My Opinion On Feminism by WorkSmartEdu: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
[b]I saw your mention and I will react to it this way, for one you may be right but the truth is I will never look the way of a woman who has such financial muscle and would want to challenge me in my home whether broke or rich. This is my mental philosophy not controlled by money, so know this! This used to be the typical alpha male philosophy until Africa started raising effimenate males

I am of the breed of men who believe in team work in a family but that you must have one leader, wife empowered or not. The fact remains that as a man who knows himself fully and understands so many things in this life, I am spoilt for choice with women and I know those ones that I won't even consider as an aquintance.

I must not date nor marry every woman. And just like the ocean, there are plenty of fishes. I feel sorry for weak men who don't understand this FACT! Irrespective of how much she makes, I give no ounce of damn. The truth is she will not be in my space. She can go and buy as much weak men as she wants with her billions, she will not be in my space or within my closed family unit with that bullocks of feminism.[/b]
emmaodet:

When a woman has her money she believes she doesn't need a man with all his numerous baggage and troubles but when a man has money he believes he needs a woman with her baggages and troubles, he will manage it.

Martinez39
Pansophist
Ubunja
Franchasng

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
emmaodet:

Martinez39
Pansophist
Ubunja
Franchasng

100%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

I don't think I remember you(it's a faceless forum)
Thank you very much kiss kiss
I learn, unlearn and relearn so I grow and learn everyday.
Thank you. kiss

grin Good for you. At last, you have chosen to grow. It will also be good if FEMINISM related topics is not all that triggers you all the time. Life is beautiful.
Re: My Opinion On Feminism by emmaodet: 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
WorkSmartEdu:
[b]I saw your mention and I will react to it this way, for one you may be right but the truth is I will never look the way of a woman who has such financial muscle and would want to challenge me in my home whether broke or rich. This is my mental philosophy not controlled by money, so know this! This used to be the typical alpha male philosophy until Africa started raising effimenate males

I am of the breed of men who believe in team work in a family but that you must have one leader, wife empowered or not. The fact remains that as a man who knows himself fully and understands so many things in this life, I am spoilt for choice with women and I know those ones that I won't even consider as an aquintance.

I must not date nor marry every woman. And just like the ocean, there are plenty of fishes. I feel sorry for weak men who don't understand this FACT! Irrespective of how much she makes, I give no ounce of damn. The truth is she will not be in my space. She can go and buy as much weak men as she wants with her billions, she will not be in my space or within my closed family unit with that bullocks of feminism.[/b]

You are right though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by bluefilm: 6:50am On Jan 06, 2020
Genset:
God bless u op. This has been on my mind for such a long time. I used to be a feminist until i carefully thought about it and realised that women are actually cheating themselves . My husband will be a provider while i be the caretaker ....If get wants me to contribute finanancially he MUST be domesticated as well...i no like cheating

You are still confused.

Who forced you to become a feminist in the first place?

Men?

You wanted to prove a point to who?

Men?

Sadly, you got tired of staying a feminist simply because you discovered that you cannot bear the pressure that comes with competing with men, after carefully thinking about it, abi?

Did you carefully think about it too before you joined the useless feminism bandwagon?

Confused things.

Nonsense. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Opinion On Feminism by bluefilm: 7:04am On Jan 06, 2020
WorkSmartEdu:

I must not date nor marry every woman. And just like the ocean, there are plenty of fishes. I feel sorry for weak men who don't understand this FACT! Irrespective of how much she makes, I give no ounce of damn. The truth is she will not be in my space. She can go and buy as much weak men as she wants with her billions, she will not be in my space or within my closed family unit with that bullocks of feminism.

Correct guy!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Feminism by bluefilm: 7:08am On Jan 06, 2020
pansophist:

Another correct guy!!!
Re: My Opinion On Feminism by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:50am On Feb 07, 2020
bluefilm:

You are still confused.

Who forced you to become a feminist in the first place?

Men?

You wanted to prove a point to who?

Men?

Sadly, you got tired of staying a feminist simply because you discovered that you cannot bear the pressure that comes with competing with men, after carefully thinking about it, abi?

Did you carefully think about it too before you joined the useless feminism bandwagon?

Confused things.

Nonsense. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
.. You just gave her the final burial. Lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Who Date White Women / Should I Still Date Her 2 Of My Friends Have fvcked Her / How Often Should Couples Have S£x?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.