Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

How Do I Move On From My Ex - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Move On From My Ex (33440 Views)

Should I Move On? / This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? / How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Renegadefrank(m): 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
The fact that you still talk to him says a lot about your tolerance of name calling from your ex. That relationship was toxic, cut all contact with him. Yes, you loved him and maybe, he did you as well; the fact remains that he disrespected you with the name calling. You tolerating it speaks volumes about your self esteem

Break the cycle of toxicity pls and let the nigga go. He must learn human respect and the consequences of taking loved ones for granted.

You, for your part, need to love yourself more, build your self esteem and confidence in yourself.
Focus on this present relationship and the good part of it. The new isn't your ex, stop comparing and give him a chance. If not, every relationship you have will always have problems of abuse and toxicity. (Not that there are perfect relationships sef)

All in all, work on your self and dump the ex, ( the nigga is as toxic as he is annoyingly misogynistic). If the new guy doesn't take you back, know it's your fault because you weren't ready. If he does, focus on both your growth as a couple because communication with the ex is disrespectful to the new guy as it is annoying. Put your self in his shoes and imagine you were him. Besides, your actions are just pulling you back.
Finally, if the new guy leaves, build your confidence and self esteem so you know who you are and what you deserve before going into another relationship.
Best wishes

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by webngnews: 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
Move of course
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by jaxxy(m): 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,
Am really confused on what to do right now and I need advice.

I and my ex broke up six months ago...I broke up with him cuz we are always having misunderstandings...not just that..he can't control himself when angry , he always end up insulting me and calling me names but apologize when he is calm.

The last one that led to our break up was when we went to his friend's birthday party..on getting there,,i met an old time friend(a guy) and we talked for few mins .i went back inside where the party was holding and I met my bf angry already,,we end up quarreling there and he called me a prostitute in front of everyone(that wasn't the first time he would embarrass me in public)...

I was hurt and left there...i started ignoring him and the relationship wasn't going well anymore...i broke up with him afterwards ..i love him but I can't accept his flaws ..we tried to get back together but end up blaming each other for everything.

Six months later, I'm in a relationship with another guy..he has his flaws too but not bad...
Now the problem is I still love my ex and we still talk and chat almost everyday...

He is the first person I call when I need advice and vice versa..my ex family thinks we are still together and always call to check up on me....this is causing problems in my new relationship....

I decided to cut contact with my ex but he is isn't ready to let me go and neither am i..

Just last week my bf broke up with me and told me to call him when am ready to cut off contact with my ex...

Am really confused and I don't know how to do what he asked me...pls anyone with advice on how to forget someone should help me

I need to forget and move on from my ex
....pls advice... Thanks

Pls no one should come here and start telling me I met a good guy and toying with his feelings..

My ex is also a good guy, he just has his flaws...I just need advice...

Thanks

I think u need to take a complete break from dating and find ur worth!!!! A guy embarrasses and disgraces u everytime in public for no reason and u say he’s is good? Yes he is good maybe bt definitely mot to u. I look at actions not words and the good shud outweigh the bad.

A dilemma isn’t a great place to be u need to know ur Value 1st cod I think putting up with the verbal abuse from ur ex has made u loose sight of urself. Then secondly know what u want and what is good or best for u.

People have flaws not for their partners to tolerate their nuisance bt to be sensible to work on them selves and be better people. Anyone who can’t work on his or her flaws to an acceptable point isn’t ready to date anyone.
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by ZooOga: 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
mumu gets insulted and called a prostitute in public and she still loves him na.
we know what u miss. wink

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by boomssey(f): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

I and my ex broke up six months ago...I broke up with him cuz we are always having misunderstandings...not just that..he can't control himself when angry , he always end up insulting me and calling me names but apologize when he is calm.

The last one that led to our break up was when we went to his friend's birthday party..on getting there,,i met an old time friend(a guy) and we talked for few mins .i went back inside where the party was holding and I met my bf angry already,,we end up quarreling there and he called me a prostitute in front of everyone(that wasn't the first time he would embarrass me in public)...

I was hurt and left there...i started ignoring him and the relationship wasn't going well anymore...i broke up with him afterwards ..i love him but I can't accept his flaws ..we tried to get back together but end up blaming each other for everything.

Six months later, I'm in a relationship with another guy..he has his flaws too but not bad...
Now the problem is I still love my ex and we still talk and chat almost everyday...

He is the first person I call when I need advice and vice versa..my ex family thinks we are still together and always call to check up on me....this is causing problems in my new relationship....

I decided to cut contact with my ex but he is isn't ready to let me go and neither am i..

Just last week my bf broke up with me and told me to call him when am ready to cut off contact with my ex...

Am really confused and I don't know how to do what he asked me...pls anyone with advice on how to forget someone should help me

....pls advice... Thanks

Pls no one should come here and start telling me I met a good guy and toying with his feelings..

Thanks
seriously girl u don't know what you want.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by zeedof(m): 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
In a nutshell, two people have legally sample you while there some illegal people too...

This life inside life
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Xisnin(m): 10:14pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Don't be confused.
This has nothing to do with love, people who love each other breaks up
every now and then and move on.

If you go back to your ex, you can never leave again and he will treat you worse
than a slave when he discovers that you are too weak to find another.

You are supposedly in a relationship yet you update your ex about everything going
on in your life and you blame "love".

The truth is that you don't want to move on.

I wonder why you broke up with the good guy in the first place even though
you didn't tell us what makes him a good guy. I guess your new boyfriend
couldn't match up to some of his resources.

My advice is that you quit all relationships until you are mature enough.
Take 2 to 3 years break.
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Mydazz(m): 10:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
The only detail missing here is "How is the Sex",.........
Women can complain about a million things when the only majoreason problem is the Sex

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by abbiboy: 10:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

....pls advice... Thanks

Thanks
U dont need advice then,select wich eva that suits ur taste.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by osazsky(m): 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
Y not make a sex video of u and ur ex knocking, then make another video of u and ur new guy knacking we want to see the one dat knacked better so that we can now advise u to choose one or be servicing both ashawo,greedy one for that matter

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by abbiboy: 10:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Let me post this once more,if no help comes I will then accept my fate. cry

Pls I just need #5000 to complete my Colifom treatment,,the symptoms is really getting painful please friends..no matter how much u contribute is ok
U ave seen maga abi,y cover d name ur help line is long like river Mississippi..otondo!
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by abbiboy: 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2019
daviesmania:
they're shouting cut-off cut-off as if its that easy, peeps it isn't easy cutting off from a guy that smell so good when u hug, kiss so good when need be and gist so good when he's calm....... i no what am saying. am exactly that type.... u just can't let go, u just can't stay either.... CLASSICAL DILEMMA!
Speak for ursef...a weak link.
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by PopeFlatino(m): 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2019
Bro did u request for d uncovered result privately and I said No?.. please don't joke with everything
abbiboy:

U ave seen maga abi,y cover d name ur help line is long like river Mississippi..otondo!
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by abbiboy: 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
You bunch of hypocrites calling me names and saying all sorts of rubbish... Most of u are worst ....I wonder why Nigerians pretend a lot.....
Should I have lied and said no, I don't have feelings for my ex anymore...
People get insulted for speaking out about their feelings .....most of you are just pretenders...

I only asked for advice about how to move on from someone have spent years with cuz its not easy starting all over again with someone else

If u can't read and understand what the thread is about then Bleep off and stop speaking trash...

Hypocrites
Like dey said op DIckology has destroyed ur mental capacity to think straight..u re just speaking grammar enjoy d fuckery why it last n las las u will be fine.
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Homguy(m): 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

....pls advice... Thanks

Thanks
so why are you bothering us if he's a good guy.?
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Emmytrill(m): 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
'My ex is also a good guy, he just has his flaws' Aunty wey mumu. angry
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by efeski(m): 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Okafor's law at play folks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Toks2008(m): 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

....pls advice... Thanks

Thanks

You are indeed very confused. Your case can be likened to someone who is given a bony meat to eat and you complain that it is full of bones so you can't eat it..they asked you to throw it away but you turned around to say it has some meat.

Sorry you need to help yourself...all the best.
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Banter1(m): 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
I need a girlfriend
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

the first rule when you break up is to give yourself time to get over the other person before you get into another relationship.

probably the only reason you are with this new guy is to use him to get over the first guy.

whatever the case may be, you need to cut off all contacts with that first guy.

no, he isn't a good guy. have you ever heard of domestic violence before?

this is how it starts. he doesn't respect you otherwise he'll never insult you or shout at you in the presence of others or in public.

this is just a step from when he'll start to beat you.

you guys are not yet married o, just dating now. this is the time both of you are supposed to put up your best behaviour for each other, yet he's abusing and torturing you psychologically, which may eventually degenerate to physical abuse.

first thing, delete all his contact that you have.

block him everywhere blockable, facebook, instagram, twitter, 2go, whatsapp, IMO, everywhere. use true caller to block his calls and sms. you may need to change your number.

remove little mementos that remind you of him, like the gifts he bought for you during your birthday, like the songs that remind you of him.

do your utmost best to avoid him as if he's got Ebola. tell your family you guys are no longer together and they should not remind you of him anymore. if he comes to your house to look for you, they should tell him to leave you alone.

then finally, don't go back to the second guy. you don't love him. that's the truth.

now, give yourself time to heal from the wound. this is the time to hang out more with your girlfriends.

don't get in a relationship for another 8-12 months.

all the best.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by RealityShot: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214: go back to him..
you clearly don't know anything better than him.
will you.like it if your next relates with his ex?
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by lastempero: 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
I luv the guy that just broke up with you,my regards to him. He is the boss, I am sure you are one of the people that voted Buhari because of ur inability to choose right from wrong.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by sogud(m): 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

....pls advice... Thanks

Thanks

since u knw u cnt let go of ur ex feelingz, y did u acept anoda guy since u stil love ur ex.
u re a confuse human lo to
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Oiza131(f): 11:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
"His family knows me" "his family calls me" is NOT marriage... My sister, a violent man is not difficult to tell. That man has a very high tendency of beating you. And I'm sure that's not what you want to experience in marriage. A man that want you, must want everything about you, including your friends ( except those who are not making good impact). It takes more than love to keep marriage o... I left a relationship of 8years because of something similar to yours. Though he doesn't abuse me. I love him, no doubt. But our compatibility was weak. Always having misunderstandings, not coming to conclusion on important issues and other things... Until I stopped thinking with my p**sy and started thinking with my head, I gave myself brain. And that's like the best decision I've ever made so far. And I'm happy where I am now. Whatever it is that your ex does and you like, and this your present bf doesn't do, mould him to it.. Delete anything that has to do with your ex, first taking the bold step of frankly telling him you have someone else and you love him and willing to settle down with him. I wish you well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by ikevictor: 11:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
Have you actually tot about three-some?
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by dober(m): 11:25pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:

[/b]Pls no one should come here and start telling me I met a good guy and toying with his feelings..

My ex is also a good guy, he just has his flaws[b]
Thanks

From the bolded, no advice given to you here can change your mind from going back to your ex.
I know you will surely go back to him.
You are at a high risk of being abused again, even worse.
At the end, you will end up losing both of them.
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Samuels90: 11:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
chenzen:
try ubunja
grin Ubunja don turn medication/Prescription...
Ubunja hope u have Nafdac number cool
Cut ties with ex and stick to the new G...
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by deeva1: 12:00am On Nov 23, 2019
UnclePrincipal:
You know what to do my dear.

Stop the communication and let him go or rather go back to your ex and accept his flaws simple.
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by golddare: 12:01am On Nov 23, 2019
That's why they say head wey no think must carry load. Let's say you are used to embarrassment but if you really want to do the right thing you will walk away from that toxic relationship before it's too late.
Men loves it when they control your life, they even boast by saying she cant do without me. Dont play with your time and life, relationships is like investment, you ought to make a good one with your life because to me every time you spent with this guy, it's a bad investment.
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by sdcf(m): 12:07am On Nov 23, 2019
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by OMOTOWO(m): 12:08am On Nov 23, 2019
KanuSE:
Why do you want to move on coz it's obvious you're missing those memorable moments of intense knacking and abuse. grin

Your ex must be an OG! cool

A dey tell u.

The girl prefers the ex prick to the new prick..

She think we don't know what's up.

Advise ko,advance ni

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by MrCodeSolo: 12:16am On Nov 23, 2019
my 2kobo take it or leave it....take a long 6-8 months break from all dz relationship tin...cut all ties with both exes..channel a fresh start and meet someone new: don't rush it, just let it glow from within...go on multiple dates with other ppl superficially... don't invest much emotionally and pls set boundaries straight like you don't owe anyone anything and disagree to be labeled girlfriend or such politely ...the goal here is to identify with the one that will be down to make you smile all the time and want to move or shake earth for you...and will not draw negative remarks or throw condescending blows at you...you deserve a toxic-free and healthy relationship...mark me this day...if peradventure you end up with either of your both exes..you will be engaging in a tro and fro loop of abuse and insecurity....you deserve better than dz, don't you think...listen to the voice in your head and not your heart...a man that is truly for you will never put you in any of this sorry-ass state...you deserve more...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

His Fiancee Aborted His Baby After His Death / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich / My Boyfriend Hit Me...should I Forgive Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.