Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

How Do I Move On From My Ex - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Move On From My Ex (33435 Views)

Should I Move On? / This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? / How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by dexla(f): 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2019
Verbal abuse is just as bad as physical abuse. If you left an ex one or twice, going back a third time wont change the reason you left in the first place.

I'll advise you cut off all forms of communication. Have one good and last conversation with him and help him understand why you think the communication should stop. Hes a distraction to your current relationship and needs to be gone for good. Delete all traces of him, from pictures to email to phone numbers. (Ps: I hope you don't know his number off-hand).

Get your mind occupied on other motivating things like building your spiritual or financial life. Ask your current boyfriend for advice instead and leave the ex alone.
Honestly I dont know how you people get into new relationship without purging yourself of past relationships. Once my attention is given to a new relationship, nothing can distract me.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,
Am really confused on what to do right now and I need advice.

I and my ex broke up six months ago...I broke up with him cuz we are always having misunderstandings...not just that..he can't control himself when angry , he always end up insulting me and calling me names but apologize when he is calm.

The last one that led to our break up was when we went to his friend's birthday party..on getting there,,i met an old time friend(a guy) and we talked for few mins .i went back inside where the party was holding and I met my bf angry already,,we end up quarreling there and he called me a prostitute in front of everyone(that wasn't the first time he would embarrass me in public)...

I was hurt and left there...i started ignoring him and the relationship wasn't going well anymore...i broke up with him afterwards ..i love him but I can't accept his flaws ..we tried to get back together but end up blaming each other for everything.

Six months later, I'm in a relationship with another guy..he has his flaws too but not bad...
Now the problem is I still love my ex and we still talk and chat almost everyday...

He is the first person I call when I need advice and vice versa..my ex family thinks we are still together and always call to check up on me....this is causing problems in my new relationship....

I decided to cut contact with my ex but he is isn't ready to let me go and neither am i..

Just last week my bf broke up with me and told me to call him when am ready to cut off contact with my ex...

Am really confused and I don't know how to do what he asked me...pls anyone with advice on how to forget someone should help me

I need to forget and move on from my ex
....pls advice... Thanks

Pls no one should come here and start telling me I met a good guy and toying with his feelings..

My ex is also a good guy, he just has his flaws...I just need advice...

Thanks
I have no new advice. I'm assuming you're emotionally mature to know the importance of going back to your vomit while dating a new guy.
Peace.
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by henry457: 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
My dear,you have known ur ex more than anyone else.please don't listen to people advice,follow ur mind.what works for you may not work for someone. The truth is u can't let go of someone simply because of one or two flaws,human being are not perfect.so if you are sure you can change him to your taste and you know he loves you genuinely,go back to him but if otherwise,let him go.Provided their is love,their is hope.dont go into a relationship you know u are not yet ready to let go of your ex,otherwise I pity u and the new guy.
I had similar issue like yours,I did all my best to make the relationship work,but my ex kept on devaluing me,abusing me,causing me,fighting me,always causing misunderstanding, etc while we r in a relationship. She made my life miserable to a point I become cold inside me, being with her made me unhappy though I was patient with her hoping she will change until one day,due to misunderstanding, she told me she won't continue our relationship because she has found someone she is compatible with.I tried talking some sensing into her but she threatened to make my life miserable if I force her to come back.i decided to let her go for good.A relationship I was mistreated and yet the only way she could pay me back is by quiting the relationship and going into another one immediately. But thank God I let her go and I won't ever accept her if she comes back to me because I later realise she is a "Nacissist".Now she is trying to Hoover me back to her but too bad am never coming back to her especially knowing she is a narcissist.let her reap what she sow

In summary
Most women are impatient, you complain about guys alot but have you bother to stop what guys don't like.a relationship is mutual,you both must let go of pride and settle your difference.dont allow ego to make you lose someone that cherish you.Moving from one relationship to another,does not guarantee your happiness, your happiness lies in your hands.if you can't keep a relationship, what guarantee you u will keep your marriage.
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Funkychic(f): 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,
Am really confused on what to do right now and I need advice.

I and my ex broke up six months ago...I broke up with him cuz we are always having misunderstandings...not just that..he can't control himself when angry , he always end up insulting me and calling me names but apologize when he is calm.

The last one that led to our break up was when we went to his friend's birthday party..on getting there,,i met an old time friend(a guy) and we talked for few mins .i went back inside where the party was holding and I met my bf angry already,,we end up quarreling there and he called me a prostitute in front of everyone(that wasn't the first time he would embarrass me in public)...

I was hurt and left there...i started ignoring him and the relationship wasn't going well anymore...i broke up with him afterwards ..i love him but I can't accept his flaws ..we tried to get back together but end up blaming each other for everything.

Six months later, I'm in a relationship with another guy..he has his flaws too but not bad...
Now the problem is I still love my ex and we still talk and chat almost everyday...

He is the first person I call when I need advice and vice versa..my ex family thinks we are still together and always call to check up on me....this is causing problems in my new relationship....

I decided to cut contact with my ex but he is isn't ready to let me go and neither am i..

Just last week my bf broke up with me and told me to call him when am ready to cut off contact with my ex...

Am really confused and I don't know how to do what he asked me...pls anyone with advice on how to forget someone should help me

I need to forget and move on from my ex
....pls advice... Thanks

Pls no one should come here and start telling me I met a good guy and toying with his feelings..

My ex is also a good guy, he just has his flaws...I just need advice...

Thanks

If you really love him as you claimed, then accept his flaws. If not, just let him go and be gone for good..... Simple!!
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by HumorSexNmiLFs: 5:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
I want hot steaming lovemaking with a sweet sumptuous succulent milf. I am a nympho ,slim, 5.8", 65kg. 9 inches monstrous Veiny dick. I am at least 7/10 on a scale of being good looking. I am very good with cunnilingus and I can create wonders with my tool. Ladies 35 above, pls DM. Picture proof and evidence solidly available.
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by lawpeh: 2:58am On Nov 24, 2019
henry457:

In summary
Most women are impatient, you complain about guys alot but have you bother to stop what guys don't like.a relationship is mutual,you both must let go of pride and settle your difference.dont allow ego to make you lose someone that cherish you.Moving from one relationship to another,does not guarantee your happiness, your happiness lies in your hands.if you can't keep a relationship, what guarantee you u will keep your marriage.

Most women are patient and I respect those in relationship. I dated a guy for close to 3 years, during this period I can swear withy life that I was faithful and loyal. He's had several flings while we were dating but I accepted that as a flaw and didn't break up. He likes making decisions for me and ignores my advice. There was a time I went to his place and saw an earring , used pad and some other things in his house and he didn't bother to give an explanation. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I discovered one of his girlfriend was stalking me online and I confronted him."I thought u had sense" was the reply I got. I got angry and went to his house, he practically threw me out of the house cos the girl was coming.
Am I not patient enough? A lot of girls are enduring a lot of things from heightened ego guys yet when they react the world term them as how's or impatient.

My advice to the OP is that u should move on. Don't ever think ur ex will change. You're both having a good chat now cos you're not together. Once you go back to Jim, you might experience worse than you ever did

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by dharamanil(m): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2019
wirinet:

Why are you getting so revved up? People are not telling you what you want to hear abi? Ok, I advice you to go back to your ex. Hope you are happy now.
You asked for advice and you are getting angry at people that gives you advice you don't like and went on counterattack.

You say it's not easy starting all over again with someone else, so you must stay with someone even if it's a toxic relationship. Couple that have married for decades still divorce and still move on. I had an aunt that has 4 children (boys) with here boyfriend and live in lover of over 15 years. As the guy refused to pay her dowery, she left him to marry another guy (although 2nd wife to a rich alhaji ). The alhaji brought dowery to our house and we collected. Later after a year, the ex boyfriend came crying to the family, saying we did him wrong.

So as you said its not easy starting all over again with someone else, jejely pack your load and go back to him and stick with him no matter the abuse.

What a family

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Greatzeus(m): 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2019
omron:
U shouldnt have because of that small thing broke up with him
Love covers everything.
He can change if u show him love .
Then you yourself check your sef
U are just blaming him
Why do u get him to point of anger in the first place.
That is how most ladies did .
Nobody is perfect
U understand the fact that he embarrass u which he should have corrected u with kind words .
Instead u pray for him and wake him up early Morin or.midnight and tell him to please drop his bad attitudes u left him.
How sure are u that the new guy is an exception of such behavior? Just try to be tolerant and patient ...Go back to him and leave the new guy ...discuss ur likes and dislikes with him also apologize to him for making him angry then both of u will av a sweet life ...make sure u do that ...u can also give me the guy number i am a counselor ..i will counselor him...there are no perfect relationship or people in life we all learn everyday ....pls i prefer u go for the other guy ...he loves u too don't ignore him cos of his bad with prayer ,talk and love he will change ..Wish u botj all the best
Congrats on your pile of trash undecided so if your daughter comes home and told you that her BF or fiance called her a prostitute at a party with hundreds of people present,you will tell her he can still change? Love conquers all ? Hypocrite

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

His Fiancee Aborted His Baby After His Death / Mentally-challenged Man Backs His Lover In Aba, Abia State (photos) / Qualities Of A Wife Material According To A Female Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.