Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

What Do You Dislike On A First Date? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Dislike On A First Date? (42007 Views)

Which Group Of People Do You Dislike On This Forum? / What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? / Guy Rejects Girl Who Rejected Him After First Date: She Over Reacts (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by ayanbaba2(m): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2020
happinezz110:
Unreasonable talk just like when I went on a date with one foolish guy, he told me I would live with his mom when we get married and she wld help me to chose the hospital for my Ante Natal wen I'm pregnant. All he could talk about was his mom, grandmom and sister. Since then, I hate dating only boy of d family especially those with 4sis

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 07, 2020
mirexxx:
if its Amala you ordered, I must eat it with you? It doesn't work out that way cause I may want something different which isn't a bad thing.
.. as long as you would pay for it yourself. no biggie
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Divay22(f): 10:14am On Jan 07, 2020
stanliwise:
You're smiling, ladies like you will go on a date and magically want a guy to tell you what you want to hear as if they are magicians. It ain't cool though, I have been in situations like that, she seem bored by the conversation but didn't care to lead it at all. Until I kept the silence like a graveyard before she started saying something.
Okay sir.
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by DanDeeBoss(m): 10:27am On Jan 07, 2020
americaninja1:
dis shit is irritating. Had to collect d bae fone
Lol.... No time

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Elxandre(m): 10:56am On Jan 07, 2020
mirexxx:
A guy i met back then wanted me to drink bottle water instead of the drink I ordered to waiter to bring me. Saying water should be drank after eating not juice. angry imagine.
He was right sha. Health wise it makes no sense.
It annoys me too.
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by wizdomnzube(m): 11:17am On Jan 07, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Never been on a date so let me learn from experienced people.
Oh really? Name anywhere in the world you'd love to go then wink
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Kakamorufu(m): 11:46am On Jan 07, 2020
pressing your phone piss me off easily

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by lucky4west: 11:57am On Jan 07, 2020
just be yourself do not condemn anything i do because i wont condemn you too because me i must eat my swallow whether first or last date...and in those days b4 born again i must wash it down with some bottles
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by mirexxx(f): 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
midnighter:

I think that one is a bit okay but was it just a suggestion or did he actually stop you from drinking what you wanted?
I paid for my drink and left. He told d waiter he won't pay for it.
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by mirexxx(f): 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
stanliwise:
libido is on the high
abi grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by goat22: 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
biGDhAp:
.. make that sound beside me and I'll punch your face.. it disturbs the hell out of me

Shatap! It's healthy for your buttocks.
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by taiwo92(m): 12:10pm On Jan 07, 2020
Walahi, I can cope with all manner of things on a first date but if u are eating and ur mouth Is making noise that is just the end. I hate it with passion.
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by optimus106(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
willy2000:

Well, that is left to you, If you are a millennial, then you are a product of the generation who want to the norm. People born in the 80s, 70s can testify to it. You do not look directly into your parents eyes or elders when spoken to. Kapish.

I was born in the 80s

I looked at my father when he spoke

I can't be talking to my kid and he is watching tv

For what?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
SteveOfu:
what's wrong in asking how much your earn?
Sharaap it wrong who does that

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by okikiosibodu(m): 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
Divay22:

Lemme school you my son cheesy
When an introvert likes a person they can talk forever and never get tired (only with that person) but with somebody else they don't like they become stubborn, rude and might snub you.

Well, I don't like you so I'm closing the door of this conversation angry angry bye
Hehehehehe. They don't know warris going-yon
Oya open the door small

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by OGwales(m): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
Why? You for say make I buy cloth and make up for her na. Radarada

Lawrentta16:
are u not supposed to give transport fare?

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by OGwales(m): 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
Naija girls are silly... Some will even ask for transport fare to come
ericmor:

Lol. You funny o. How girl go ask you for transport money on a first date? She dey craze ni

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by okikiosibodu(m): 1:31pm On Jan 07, 2020
booblacain:

That your superior is a rare gem. Tell her I said so.
She go hear

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by okikiosibodu(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
babatee90:
Bro I agree with everything until you got to that age part...pls anyone can ask anyone his or her age...ain’t nothing wrong with that it’s a western world pls
GeniusWannabe:

I still do not get why it is rude to ask a lady her age.
No lady likes to be reminded her biological clock it ticking. They always want to feel younger. Fella's song "Lady", should hint you.
If you call her woman, African woman no go gree..... She go say e e, she go say I be lady o.
Just as it makes a guy uncomfortable to ask for his wage when you have not really established rapport, the feeling is mutual for a lady when asked her age. Perhaps ladies in the house can shed more light to it

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by okikiosibodu(m): 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
JentuPrinz:

Pls,aw did she help u?
What this moniker posted below, was my escape route.... Looking at the center of the two eyes, just above the nose.
An interview was organised within the company for us to switch units and the best of the best were needed in the unit and she happened to be among the interviewers. She was the overall Head in my unit. She was 101% certain I was going to nail it. I wasn't picked eventhough I knew my onions, and she said the reason was I couldn't maintain eye contact and it made me less confident (that she deduced).
How did she help out: she said any time I see her esp if we are walking past each other, we will stop briefly even if it's for 3 mins, and have a conversation. It doesn't have to make sense, but I should make sure all through the moment, I maintain eye contact with her. She usually keep some distance between us though whike we do this so it doesn't loon too awkward (cos she being a far superior was awkward on its own). I am no in her unit anymore but each time we see, we still go for the "challenge" and she just ends it with a smile, which I usually reciprocate
stanliwise:
one secret to eye contact is people often look directly into someones eye which looks awkward, the trick is to look at the both side of the eyes close to the nose simultaneously. That way, the person wouldn't think you're looking at something specific or will think you're looking to awkwardly. But you need alot of practice to get thing right.

Also blink sometimes and make the eye contact look natural, look away when appropriate.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Mypeople2(m): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
lovat:
Eating like am the cause of poverty .

I remembered back then in 2011 when a guy asked a lady out for a date and the girl brought her friend along. The guy ordered for AmstEl malt while the lady and her friend ordered for Smirnoff and cow tail pepper soup.
The guy was one of these Orile guys that was looking for just one round of sex for free and now these ladies were making expenses on his head not minding that the guy was as broke as their own parents.

The guy collected the BlackBerry phone of the friend of his date and was checking it out while at same time discussing with the ladies. He now stood up to go take a leak and voom my guy disappear.

The girls waited for the guy that went to take a leak but didn't come back, the friend of the date now became worried because of her phone was with the guy, she now started crying which attracted our attention in the bar.

Their bill was 1800 which the duo don't have so the owner of the bar seized their sandals and bags. They were crying and begging. The other girl was blaming her friend for her phone that was taken.

I felt pity for them that I had to ask the woman how much she will sell the ladies bags so that I can buy it and sell it as Akube. I'm a business person for crying out loud

When you find that guy, tell him he should come.and take a chilled malt from me .It is in the freezer right now .The guy too much

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Legendguru: 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
Spending my money on her
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by henzy4life: 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
ibkonekt:

if she ask how much you earn, respond with are you a virgin if not how many men have you slept with
u are wicked,lol
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Greatzeus(m): 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
happinezz110:
Unreasonable talk just like when I went on a date with one foolish guy, he told me I would live with his mom when we get married and she wld help me to chose the hospital for my Ante Natal wen I'm pregnant. All he could talk about was his mom, grandmom and sister. Since then, I hate dating only boy of d family especially those with 4sis
That is just him,I don't think all other millions of guys who are only boys of the family will necessary be like that.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Greatzeus(m): 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
Octopusssy:
Unnecessary touchery and handling your phone like your lawful wedded wife.
A lot of females have complained about this on this thread,I am surprised cos I used to think girls will be more guilty of this,it's like am wrong.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by bezimo(m): 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
LadyHeaven:

Lol, because you have sampled all Nigerian ladies to draw such conclusion? The question should be are YOU intelligent? Because game recognizes game sir

Without blowing my trumpet, I pride myself as been intelligent as validated by many around me, the job I do, you can't try it if you are a dumb ass idiot, I leave you to go figure that out. That been said, I stand not to be corrected that most 9ja girls are daft and uninteresting to converse with because all they typically know is food, fashion and monèy and I can tell you most guys will comfirm my claims to be true.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Greatzeus(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
maeola:

I feel you sis! Personally, when a guy begins to impress his achievements on me, I lose interest instantly. On the other hand, a first 'date' is more or less a preamble for lies and pretense grin .
Wow,I am learning lots of new things today,I used to think ladies like talks and talks and talks from their guys, I used to see such guys as lucky.
I am the quiet type,I love writing but talking unnecessarily for long isn't my thing,have always seen that has a disadvantage towards the opposite sex.
But ladies on this thread have been complaining about guys who talk too much,I don't get it
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
Jaubdu:
. You don't ask a lady, how old are you? You can do that in Nigeria but if you try it with a western woman, that an intrusive and you are been disrespectful always get your fact right.

In my experience. It has aways been fine to ask for a person's age after exchanging a few pleasantries with anyone and you both are comfortable around each other, provided that the conversation flows in that direction

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by djfabmusik(m): 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2020
demanding excessively and lies
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2020
goat22:

Shatap! It's healthy for your buttocks.

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by djfabmusik(m): 4:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=SteveOfu post=84313188]what's wrong in asking how much your earn?[/quote

dumb question, and you feel it's wrong reaching out to your palm when discussing.
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
lovat:
Eating like am the cause of poverty .

I remembered back then in 2011 when a guy asked a lady out for a date and the girl brought her friend along. The guy ordered for AmstEl malt while the lady and her friend ordered for Smirnoff and cow tail pepper soup.
The guy was one of these Orile guys that was looking for just one round of sex for free and now these ladies were making expenses on his head not minding that the guy was as broke as their own parents.

The guy collected the BlackBerry phone of the friend of his date and was checking it out while at same time discussing with the ladies. He now stood up to go take a leak and voom my guy disappear.

The girls waited for the guy that went to take a leak but didn't come back, the friend of the date now became worried because of her phone was with the guy, she now started crying which attracted our attention in the bar.

Their bill was 1800 which the duo don't have so the owner of the bar seized their sandals and bags. They were crying and begging. The other girl was blaming her friend for her phone that was taken.

I felt pity for them that I had to ask the woman how much she will sell the ladies bags so that I can buy it and sell it as Akube. I'm a business person for crying out loud

This is hilarious.Lesson to ladies.
Don't order what you cannot afford at another's expense.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Experience At The Club: Share Yours / I Think I Am Still In Love With Her But I Need Help! / When A Girl Insists On No Sex Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.