Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

What Do You Dislike On A First Date? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Dislike On A First Date? (42024 Views)

Which Group Of People Do You Dislike On This Forum? / What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? / Guy Rejects Girl Who Rejected Him After First Date: She Over Reacts (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by mirexxx(f): 5:04am On Jan 07, 2020
Reaching out for kisses n hugs so annoying...I came to talk and know you better but you already sexualizing the whole damn thing! Nonsense!
Talking too much and off key, not carefully listening to the important things I say. Omo its plenty o. I'll reserve others. sad

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by akudinaobi(m): 5:09am On Jan 07, 2020
Expensive outing
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:10am On Jan 07, 2020
wearing pant and bra...she should wear her clothes without d above...so i dont need to struggle when she enter my slaughter room

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by mirexxx(f): 5:10am On Jan 07, 2020
Ifakiland:
I hate a girl suggesting what she wants on a first date....im the host, you're the guest, you eat whatever I order, not the other way round.
if its Amala you ordered, I must eat it with you? It doesn't work out that way cause I may want something different which isn't a bad thing.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by mirexxx(f): 5:14am On Jan 07, 2020
midnighter:

Are you joking? You want to dictate to the person what they should eat Smh
A guy i met back then wanted me to drink bottle water instead of the drink I ordered to waiter to bring me. Saying water should be drank after eating not juice. angry imagine.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by sharubutu(m): 5:20am On Jan 07, 2020
How can one take you out on first date and besides what he obliged you order, you're also already telling them to package so and so in a takeaway pack for you.
You don show yourself as glutton b dat

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by 49cents(m): 5:28am On Jan 07, 2020
tee59:
Eating like an hungry hyena.

Who? the guy or the girl?.....the guy can eat like a hungry hyena since he is the footing the bill

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 07, 2020
SolidLight:

It is only in africa, especially Nigeria, that casual asking for a person's age is considered intrusive.
. You don't ask a lady, how old are you? You can do that in Nigeria but if you try it with a western woman, that an intrusive and you are been disrespectful always get your fact right.
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by bezimo(m): 6:09am On Jan 07, 2020
WaywardSon:
unintelligent conversations, most ladies will just be moping like they got nothing to say, just eat, press phone and laugh like hyena. angry

grin grin grin Most 9ja girls are very poor in conversation..they are only interested in food, fashion and money..that's why they are described as having fish brain.. only few like 15% of them can really sustain an intelligent and interesting conversation..the remaining are just dumbass

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by babatee90(m): 6:09am On Jan 07, 2020
okikiosibodu:

It's not a descent question you ask an average guy, except you have good rapport..you don't ask a lady for her age, and you don't ask a guy for his wage.... You get the vibe?
Bro I agree with everything until you got to that age part...pls anyone can ask anyone his or her age...ain’t nothing wrong with that it’s a western world pls
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by babatee90(m): 6:12am On Jan 07, 2020
Jaubdu:
. You don't ask a lady, how old are you? You can do that in Nigeria but if you try it with a western woman, that an intrusive and you are been disrespectful always get your fact right.
lies bro I’ve lived in the France Germany and I’m currently in Manchester you can ask anyone about their age...it’s just like a norm and they’d answer your with respect and politeness...it’s only in naija we consider it wrong cos of our methuselah’s nature

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 07, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Not everyone can maintain eye contact. Shy people can't. One of my superiors at work picked interest in my when she noticed I was shy. How did she know...... I cant sustain an eye contact for more than 3secs. She said her son too is shy to stare at her, his mother, so she decided to work on helping me and her son to break the barrier

I used to be a very shy person couldn't stare at people... but rn I am a professional doing that...lol
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by NACE13: 6:28am On Jan 07, 2020
I hate it when a lady talks too much. Some even fake their accent(total fvcking turnoff).

Fiddling with your phone while I am talking to you, there by giving me monosyllabic replies.

Telling me about her family's accomplishments, the type of people she knows(connection) and roll with.

Taking unnecessary phone calls, just to feel important or popular.

Fixing long nails, there by restricting you from handling the cutleries properly or expressing yourself while eating.....
And lots more

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by IkemChris(m): 6:30am On Jan 07, 2020
I no get transport to take go house. No word can be as annoying as that.
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 07, 2020
babatee90:
lies bro I’ve lived in the France Germany and I’m currently in Manchester you can ask anyone about their age...it’s just like a norm and they’d answer your with respect and politeness...it’s only in naija we consider it wrong cos of our methuselah’s nature
, not on a first date. Sometime they respond but you are seeing as been rude.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by roliks99(f): 6:41am On Jan 07, 2020
Chewing gum nd making sounds while eating
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by JULIUSIDOWU(m): 6:45am On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=lovat post=85566725]Eating like am the cause of poverty .

I remembered back then in 2011 when a guy asked a lady out for a date and the girl brought her friend along. The guy ordered for AmstEl malt while the lady and her friend ordered for Smirnoff and cow tail pepper soup.
The guy was one of these Orile guys that was looking for just one round of sex for free and now these ladies were making expenses on his head not minding that the guy was as broke as their own parents.

The guy collected the BlackBerry phone of the friend of his date and was checking it out while at same time discussing with the ladies. He now stood up to go take a leak and voom my guy disappear.

The girls waited for the guy that went to take a leak but didn't come back, the friend of the date now became worried because of her phone was with the guy, she now started crying which attracted our attention in the bar.

Their bill was 1800 which the duo don't have so the owner of the bar seized their sandals and bags. They were crying and begging. The other girl was blaming her friend for her phone that was taken.

I felt pity for them that I had to ask the woman how much she will sell the ladies bags so that I can buy it and sell it as Akube. I'm a business person for crying out loud

Lols
This one loud ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Germi9: 6:49am On Jan 07, 2020
Divay22:

Hahahahahahahaha
I'm i suppose to come with my things, so i can move in with you grin grin grin
Why won't i go home?
Must I explain everything to her black n white?
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by butterfly777(m): 7:00am On Jan 07, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Not everyone can maintain eye contact. Shy people can't. One of my superiors at work picked interest in my when she noticed I was shy. How did she know...... I cant sustain an eye contact for more than 3secs. She said her son too is shy to stare at her, his mother, so she decided to work on helping me and her son to break the barrier
Avoiding eye contact is not the same as not maintaining eye contact. At least the person still looked small.
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by zolacoded(m): 7:02am On Jan 07, 2020
lovat:
Eating like am the cause of poverty .

I remembered back then in 2011 when a guy asked a lady out for a date and the girl brought her friend along. The guy ordered for AmstEl malt while the lady and her friend ordered for Smirnoff and cow tail pepper soup.
The guy was one of these Orile guys that was looking for just one round of sex for free and now these ladies were making expenses on his head not minding that the guy was as broke as their own parents.

The guy collected the BlackBerry phone of the friend of his date and was checking it out while at same time discussing with the ladies. He now stood up to go take a leak and voom my guy disappear.

The girls waited for the guy that went to take a leak but didn't come back, the friend of the date now became worried because of her phone was with the guy, she now started crying which attracted our attention in the bar.

Their bill was 1800 which the duo don't have so the owner of the bar seized their sandals and bags. They were crying and begging. The other girl was blaming her friend for her phone that was taken.

I felt pity for them that I had to ask the woman how much she will sell the ladies bags so that I can buy it and sell it as Akube. I'm a business person for crying out loud

This your story is quite similar to that of a lady while I was in school. Mad ooo grin
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by kenness(m): 7:07am On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=seunmohmoh post=85567558]Never been on a date so let me learn from experienced people. [/quote
hmmmmmm
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by Liposure: 7:08am On Jan 07, 2020
pocohantas:
Not keeping to time.

If you want to see me angry, do that African time thing with me. Makes me want to kill something!

Why are Nigerians not time conscious?
Jeeez!! grin

sister good morning
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by AmuDimpka: 7:13am On Jan 07, 2020
SteveOfu:
what's wrong in asking how much your earn?
go and earn yoirowm and syopp being a hold digger this 2020
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by LadyHeaven(f): 7:21am On Jan 07, 2020
lovat:
Eating like am the cause of poverty .

grin grin grin grin Kia, thank you for making my morning, I didn't expect the twist end...
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by LadyHeaven(f): 7:27am On Jan 07, 2020
bezimo:

grin grin grin Most 9ja girls are very poor in conversation..they are only interested in food, fashion and money..that's why they are described as having fish brain.. only few like 15% of them can really sustain an intelligent and interesting conversation..the remaining are just dumbass

Lol, because you have sampled all Nigerian ladies to draw such conclusion? The question should be are YOU intelligent? Because game recognizes game sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by JentuPrinz(m): 7:32am On Jan 07, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Pls,aw did she help u?
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by lovat(m): 7:50am On Jan 07, 2020
LadyHeaven:

grin grin grin grin Kia, thank you for making my morning, I didn't expect the twist end...
So I made you laugh hard this morning grin
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by stanliwise(m): 8:05am On Jan 07, 2020
Divay22:
Talking too much; thereby telling me all your life history, achievements and the rest. Sorry o you ain't seeing me again.

Those aren't too much of a bad attribute especially when thr person hasn't been doing it often before first date. Sometimes many people are misguided, they feel if they tell you all those things, you may like them more. You on your end can help them by asking the question you care about.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by stanliwise(m): 8:09am On Jan 07, 2020
JentuPrinz:

Pls,aw did she help u?
one secret to eye contact is people often look directly into someones eye which looks awkward, the trick is to look at the both side of the eyes close to the nose simultaneously. That way, the person wouldn't think you're looking at something specific or will think you're looking to awkwardly. But you need alot of practice to get thing right.

Also blink sometimes and make the eye contact look natural, look away when appropriate.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by iSlayer: 8:09am On Jan 07, 2020
I don't go on "dates". I'll just invite you over for a chat. If I did go on a date and the girl comes with another girl all hope is not lost. Chances are I'll go behind to link up with that other girl. I can't shout.
Re: What Do You Dislike On A First Date? by maeola(f): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2020
Divay22:

Lol
I'm not a boring person most especially when i like you. But somehow some guys just feel the need to talk about their achievements all over( it's a turn off)
I'm an introvert and such talks actually get us bored or moody.
I feel you sis! Personally, when a guy begins to impress his achievements on me, I lose interest instantly. On the other hand, a first 'date' is more or less a preamble for lies and pretense grin .

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

I'm Ready To Marry Her But I Discovered She Has Two Kids From Two Different Men / When A Girl Insists On No Sex Before Marriage / Nigerian Guy Fakes Being Unable To Pay Bill To Propose To His Girlfriend!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.