Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! (97123 Views)

Man Finds Out Who His Biological Father Is After Carrying Out A DNA Test (photo) / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Teenage Sister Already Having Sex With Yahoo Boys & My Father Is An Extremist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2019
tianshie:

It's true. Here's Pa Thaddeus's picture. His son sent it to me.
how come he is visible here?
ghost when busted, disappears from all pix taken after their death.
though I have seen a real ghost before sha.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
Japaaaaaa
tianshie:
I went to secondary school with Eze. His father, Thaddeus, fought in the Biafra war. What we know about his father's wartime experience is that the war ended for Thaddeus when he was wounded in Onitsha in 1968. He came home.

Recently a man from Eze's father's village who had fought the war with Thaddeus told my friend's mother (on the phone) that actually Thaddeus died in the war. This man had fled to Gabon after the war. He'd just returned to the country.

Since the news broke, Thaddeus hasn't been seen. He'd been in the bathroom when my friend's mother took the call on the phone. After the call, my friend and his mother could hear the splash of water in the bathroom, but when they opened the door there was no one there!

What advice do you have for the family? I've never heard sh*t like this before!!

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by BafanaBafana: 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
Wait, so it was a ghost that got his mother pregnant and they gave birth to him

6 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by ekwerendi(m): 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
tianshie:
I went to secondary school with Eze. His father, Thaddeus, fought in the Biafra war. What we know about his father's wartime experience is that the war ended for Thaddeus when he was wounded in Onitsha in 1968. He came home.

Recently a man from Eze's father's village who had fought the war with Thaddeus told my friend's mother (on the phone) that actually Thaddeus died in the war. This man had fled to Gabon after the war. He'd just returned to the country.

Since the news broke, Thaddeus hasn't been seen. He'd been in the bathroom when my friend's mother took the call on the phone. After the call, my friend and his mother could hear the splash of water in the bathroom, but when they opened the door there was no one there!

What advice do you have for the family? I've never heard sh*t like this before!!

Let's assume Thaddeus married Eze's mother in the 70s,does it mean that Eze still stays with the parents?

10 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Owologbo(m): 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
tianshie:

I have heard this kind of story before.
there's nothing they can do. They just have to live their lives.
That man is not coming back again.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Ugopuzuo: 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
kokomilala:
It's transmigration of souls.In Yoruba metaphysical world it's called AKUDAYA, which literally translates as reincarnation. It's demons that used the image of that nan to create the lie that reincarnation happens.
With prayers ,the demons can be exorcised.

If true it's familiar spirits (demons) at work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by midnighter(f): 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2019
So somebody pretending to be him came back to the house or what

And then absconded when he heard his kasala burst over the phone

3 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by mcbliss: 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2019
M reading this creepy thread at nyt, hmmm. Hu send me !

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by SenecaTheYonger: 10:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
tianshie:

Bro, are you serious about this? No jokes please 'cause my brain is so much vested in what you just wrote. Did you really have a friend that experienced this? Did you at any point meet this man he calls his father?
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by seborrhic: 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2019
Anyone of you that posted believing this story needs to be flogged and his/her entire school fees right from primary school donated to the medically challenged for being a waste.
A simple question you dumb lots should have asked the Op was:Of the other soldiers that survived the imaginary battle,so no one went back then to tell the family,even if after the war,that the phantom Mr.Thaddeus died during the war?
Or did they all travel to Gabon?
Did the imaginary friend that travelled to Gabon not keep in touch with his own family all these while and was he not asking after his war comrades that were close then?
Lastly,the possibility that an Easterner still alive would stay in an African country for 50 years without visiting home all these years is zero,Nilch,nada!
Reading comments of people that even entertain the possibility of this fiction happening has really spoilt my day and ruined my appetite for sleep and food.
Very depressing.
Anyone that believed is a glorified illiterate.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 01, 2019
Yea, My cat is a ghost too. grin grin grin what kinda beer does ghosts drink?

3 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by kokomilala(m): 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2019
@Ishilove,spirits or demons don't have bodies. They hijack or possess who they want to use.So,It's the spirits that. will be driven out.It's the dark art of the kingdom of darkness.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2019
Ishilove:

Did this really happen? How did this bearer of unpleasant news know Thaddeus died? Did he see the burial spot? Did he see the corpse? Didn't Mrs Thaddeus visit his family home before marrying him? This harbinger of abominable information should have concrete proof before we assume things. Are you saying your 39 year old friend has not visited his ancestral home since he was born?

Too many holes in your story.

big big super highway pot holes full am my broda
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by AlphaStyles(m): 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2019
It happens a lot and from what I can tell you according to what u said he is surely a ghost maybe he came back for something or wanted his son to see him one last time
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2019
tianshie:

Rubbish! He left war in 1968 when he was injured. Since 1968 till of recent someone called his wife. Was it on mobile or landline? You must be sick little boy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by SenecaTheYonger: 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
Geminita1:
k
lmfao. Finally met your match grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by midnighter(f): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
hadduni:
"Akudaya" is known in yoruba socio-linguistic hypothesis as returning, transformation or transmigration of a dead person into a living being post untimely death. The belief in Akudaya is one of the metaphysical psychologies in Africa, most especially Nigeria and Yoruba culture as a case study. The op could ask any elderly Yoruba person I believe they are in a better position to explain Better.
Great

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Owologbo(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
Katier00:
Wow interesting but i seriously find this story unbelievable

I've heard of a man who died in the village, but his ghost came to Lagos to start a new life.
he got married, have children before someone that knows him comes across him. He disappeared and never showed up again.
there are different story out there about ghost living with people.

6 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by yungmayor02(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
mcbliss:

Asin ehcry...And light no kon dey

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by AlphaStyles(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
seborrhic:
Anyone of you that posted believing this story needs to be flogged and his/her entire school fees right from primary school donated to the medically challenged for being a waste.
A simple question you dumb lots should have asked the Op was:Of the other soldiers that survived the imaginary battle,so no one went back then to tell the family,even if after the war,that the phantom Mr.Thaddeus died during the war?
Or did they all travel to Gabon?
Was the imaginary friend that travelled to Gabon not keep in touch with his own family all these while and was he not asking after his war comrades that were close then?
Lastly,the possibility that an Easterner still alive would stay in an African country for 50 years without visiting home all these years is zero,Nilch,nada!
Reading comments of people that even entertain the possibility of this fiction happening had really spoilt my day and ruined my appetite for sleep and food.
Very depressing.
Anyone that believed is a glorified illiterate.
I guess you are the one that owns the ops friend father or you share the same father since the op doesn't know what he is posting

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:38pm On Dec 01, 2019
op, wen was d ghost exposed?

also give us situation report tomorrow or by mid week let's know afa weda he would be found...

make pesin manage sleep this Nite 1st afta seein a ghost smiling in a pix oo, nah beg we dey oo!

undecided

11 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2019
jahsharon:

This country is not useless. Many Africans wish they are Nigerians. Maybe your household is useless, definitely not Nigeria my father's land
sorry oh Mr Nigeria your father land.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Chiiamaka: 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2019
mcbliss:

Same here �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Abagworo(m): 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2019
That his friend from Gabon might have got him kidnapped or hurt as a result of long standing issues between them. If I were your friend I'd arrest the Gabon returnee without delay.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by DeOTR: 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2019
Things like this happen, but be sure it's not the real Mr Thaddeus. Just a Demon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Dextre(m): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2019
theButterfly:
And who is asking you to post anyone's photo? As if that proofs anything to people here. Abeg, direct yourself to yaba left, pls. Your friend's father, your friend's father all the time.

Since u don't believe him,you need not comment na,you are now here,getting offensive
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Beosten(m): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2019
Ishilove:

How can you arrange a funeral for someone who technically isn't even supposed to be existing?

How can a ghost produce sperm to fecundate a living female??

It's only in this type of thread where we go see una. Ahan

2 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by GoodGovernance: 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2019
Son is 38
Father,69.

So son was born in 1981, about 14 years after the Biafran war,by a ghost undecided

Moderator,I beg close this fictitious thread.

11 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Roozzaay(m): 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2019
Una too dey watch films grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Elxandre(m): 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2019
This fiction made Frontpage.
grin

Africans and cock and bull story sha.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2019
jahsharon:

This country is not useless. Many Africans wish they are Nigerians. Maybe your household is useless, definitely not Nigeria my father's land
just saw my household there your generation to come na u dey insult. May thier life be steady like Nigeria power sector u useless political thug.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:46pm On Dec 01, 2019
Omoluabi16:
Really?? heard things like this, but I never believed it.Some even say, they go and raise family elsewhere.
back in Lagos, I was playing with my friend and we saw a ghost stand before us. before we stood up, he gone.

scary shit till this day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / Woman Dumps Her Husband Over Short Manhood / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.