Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (79841 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Anon000: 7:30am On Nov 29, 2019
Ndipe:
Subject to negotiation but this is excessive. I am from Akwa Ibom and our brideprice isnt expensive

I thought in akwa ibom, walking stick is called Essang
Under things for the father
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Emmasnoop(m): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2019
Nothing Bishop nor go see 4 cathedral,He too much na they won kill person.
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Codes151(m): 7:41am On Nov 29, 2019
Igbo boy. Akwa Ibom has different cities. N rejoins!
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Codes151(m): 7:43am On Nov 29, 2019
After my calculations, that’s a total of 2m!!!!

Great!
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by geokentech: 8:01am On Nov 29, 2019
Call us for any of the following services:
1. AUTOCAD 2. PIPING DESIGN 3. HYSYS Training.
* Borehole drilling & Water treatment
* Soil testing
* Pile test& design
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by geokentech: 8:01am On Nov 29, 2019
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by OILOFGLADNESS: 8:07am On Nov 29, 2019
Plead:
Everything on the list cost more than 1.2m Just to marry !
I thought people said South east is the only place this fvckery happens ? Is akwa ibom in the south east?

Isn’t this archaic and heartless? After seeing this list will you be angry if the man start treating the wife like property tomorrow?

Imagine after spending more than 1.2m to marry your wife and the rest you’ll still spend on wedding etc then the wife start misbehaving at home grin

EVEN THOSE MEN THAT PAID NOTHING TO MARRY ARE WORST..

DEMONS AND INGRATE

MEN ARE INSATIABLE!!

GOD FORBID!
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Mydazz(m): 8:53am On Nov 29, 2019
Money for the father #500,000, One PEAR of Shoe
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Kaymaxine(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2019
Treasure17:

Lol. I'm more concerned about the health implication of smoking.
Worry about the psychological implication of your involvement!!!
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Treasure17(m): 10:10am On Nov 29, 2019
Kaymaxine:

Worry about the psychological implication of your involvement!!!
Oga I wasn't talking to you when I made my point cause I don't understand why you are crying more than the bereaved. Don't be nosy and steer clear of my mention alright.
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by invectives(m): 12:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
Shibaraba:
Make I no lie this list some men go happily pay for an akwa ibom lady or a calabar lady.
Sweet kpekus...... Present sir.
Hard working...... Present sir.
Solid cooking....... Present sir
Overly caring.........present sir
Thick Yansh......... Present sir.
Solid body............ Present sir
Good manners..... Very present sir
Respect for husband... Present sir.

What else does a man want. You think say na small thing dey make aboki chop plenty koboko because he wan marry? Once you know the value of wetin you want you can go to any length to acquire that thing. We sef know how we starve ourselves to buy that our special car, house or phone. If she is great she is worth it.

Unlike some ladies wey I no fit pay ordinary stick of cigar for.
Don't be deceived!!! Not all true
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by drexxy(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2019
So people are now selling their daughters to better their lives and that of their family members......later now the woman will be hearing things like "I paid for U"....and we say na Buhari dey cause am �
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2019
Princeton92:
I can tell this is "Eket LGA" oo

No... ika Lga in akwa ibom
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
ImaIma1:

Just a greedy lot. Carton of Amerian honey, 2 dozens of underwear. He just used his shopping list as marriage list and things he has always wanted to buy for his wife. Things he cannot afford himself.

It's mostly the poor that act this way. They see marrying off their daughters as an opportunity to make stupid demands.

I remember you were defending bride price on my bride price thread that I stated that it should be abolished . You said it was symbolic

What about this marriage list of a thing? Shouldn’t it be abolished ? There’s nothing symbolic about this
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Princeton92(m): 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2019
Plead:

No... ika Lga in akwa ibom

Those peeps, them never repair road finish.
Husband go just reject wife come ask for e money back... Lol
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Ndipe(m): 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2019
Yeah, it's called Essang, why?

Anon000:

Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by ImaIma1(f): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2019
Plead:

I remember you were defending bride price on my bride price thread that I stated that it should be abolished . You said it was symbolic

What about this marriage list of a thing? Shouldn’t it be abolished ? There’s nothing symbolic about this

Pity to know that you carry things in mind. You should try offloading.

That it is symbolic doesn't mean it should become a money making scheme or wealth acquisition programme.
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
ImaIma1:

Pity to know that you carry things in mind. You should try offloading.

That it is symbolic doesn't mean it should become a money making scheme or wealth acquisition programme.
There’s a difference between the bride price itself and marriage list. You’re mixing the two of them up
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by ImaIma1(f): 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
Plead:

There’s a difference between the bride price itself and marriage list. You’re mixing the two of them up

I am speaking regardless whichever one it is. Not mixing them up
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Nsemekejimmy1: 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2022
@Princeton92,you got me rolling on the floor. I am an Akwa-Ibomite, the marriage list is not that easy o...
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Nsemekejimmy1: 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2022
Princeton92:
I can tell this is "Eket LGA" oo
.I am from Eket L. G.A,our list is so expensive.
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Princeton92(m): 2:10pm On Nov 28, 2022
Nsemekejimmy1:
@Princeton92,you got me rolling on the floor. I am an Akwa-Ibomite, the marriage list is not that easy o...

But na true I talk na, you sef... see am
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Princeton92(m): 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2022
Nsemekejimmy1:
.I am from Eket L. G.A,our list is so expensive.

God bless you!
Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by Ndipe(m): 1:54am On Dec 07, 2023
Yeah, walking stick is called Essang in Ibibio.

Anon000:

Re: The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State by kinguwem: 11:40am On Dec 31, 2023
The list is quite long & exhorbitant. May be the family is poor or need a high taste ceremony.
A lot of the items on the list is not what is required traditionally may be they want to host a feast.
There's need for tolerance in what we do. That's why the Caucasians are far ahead because nobody worries about unnecessary issues but plan for better things including researches to solve complex problems & make life more convenient to live.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Policemen Brutalise Eight-month Pregnant Woman: Delivers Baby Prematurely (Pic) / My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? / Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.