Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Jesus Also Preached Jihad - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Also Preached Jihad (7105 Views)

Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad / Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by aletheia(m): 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2010
^^
And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear. Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. [Matthew 26:51-52]
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by Image123(m): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2010
It's difficult for him to see that. It's only the one he wants to see, like the Bible talking about mo as the last prophet. Or maybe that part is corrupted but the sword part is clean.
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by vedaxcool(m): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2010
^^
Good thing you agree the word part of the bible is corrupted.Clap for yourself!

vedaxcool:

No, We all got it wrong, Jesus wanted to peel some Yams and apples that was why he ordered for swords instead of knives, since this kind of Yams have blood running in them.LOL! grin  Again I repeat it was Yams Jesus wanted to Peel, remembr Peter used one of the swords to peel a yam that had Ears.LOL! grin grin grin grin

DWL-Deing with Laughter

D-W-L grin grin grin grin

More on the peeling Yams Controversy!

Yam tales by Fruitspear

When One of Jesus Deciple Looped off a Ear out of the Yam and noticed Blood gushing out. Jesus immediately reliased that there were too much Yams surrounding him and His Deciples, Jesus KNowing that if he allowed his disciples to fight the Yams there will be a massive casualty, as his disciples despite the serious kwata they were in, still have the peace of mind to sleep, Jesus knew this sleeping warriors were no match for a well trained Yams with swords - who knew the art of fighting, hence Jesus told them put down the sword since he knew they will perish if they fought off the Yams. Jesus told his disciples to get swords to peel Yams, but turned out the Yams he didn't expect came - were well trained than his fickle disciples. Why two swords enough Jesus only expected some band of men/touts but at the end of the day, Yams came with a shining swords capable of sliting any thing, though this swords could have been made of Yams, the Yam instead brought steel swords. The End
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by Image123(m): 5:25pm On Dec 09, 2010
Is there a reason i asked for bashy demy apart from the FACT that this guy up is boring and repetitive?
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by vedaxcool(m): 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2010
Is they any honest Christian in the house as the guy up there is very dry with love for randomizing the truth. Ohh
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by Sweetnecta: 11:41pm On Dec 09, 2010
[Quote]aletheia (m)
Nigeria

Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad
« #128 on: Today at 02:47:48 PM »

^^
And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear. Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. [Matthew 26:51-52]
Report to moderator Logged
. . .for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Image123 (m)
lagos nigeria

Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad
« #129 on: Today at 04:04:24 PM »

It's difficult for him to see that. It's only the one he wants to see, like the Bible talking about mo as the last prophet. Or maybe that part is corrupted but the sword part is clean.[/Quote]See the art of defense.
They will use all kinda illogical to defend him.
Whats a man with sword to do when he see some effort to manhandle his general but to use the Sword?

And we used it, we read a reproach. Okay so the sword was meant to be a peeler.

How did the guy who wielded a sword died? Was it by the sword?
How did the people who died by hanging live for them to die by the "hanging"?

How did Paul live for him to die the way he died? Is the prophetic saying live by the sword and die by it has always been 100% correct?

Oh my. They fall over themselves on nothingness. Oh my.
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by Sweetnecta: 12:09am On Dec 10, 2010
is it not absolute deceit for a person to say that a person who ordered his subordinates to sell their cloths so that they purchase sword with it, was itching for a fight, especially when one of the swords cut off an ear?

so say such a Yellow cake from Niger republic, as claimed by Cheney was not meant for Saddam's WMD is telling the truth.

Alas, there was no yellow cake and no aluminium tubing and no WMD.
Alas, the guy who chopped off the ear didnt die by sword.
Jesus according to the Bible was hung. Did he live by hanging? Maybe the carpentering, right?

Help me out here christian people. Its your god, your prophetic saying. Its definitely unreal.
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by vedaxcool(m): 11:37am On Dec 10, 2010
^^^

Well Said.

Sweetnecta this people appeal to Irrationality to reove the rational.
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2010
Sweetnecta kindly tell me what happened after one of the 'sword' ordered to be purchased was used to cut an ear. I mean what was the response of Jesus to the event thereafter?
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by Sweetnecta: 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2010
@Toba: Contract what Jesus said to what Muhammad (AS) did with the people of Makka after his triumphant entry, or if you wish what he did with the people of Taif (both cities have persecuted him earlier. he was now a victor, having all the cards; Trump cards to kill or not to kill (that was the question), or what he did with the Jewish woman of Khaibar who gave him poisoned meat.

Muhammad (AS) was clearly the one to decide the fate of these Kufar.

Jesus was never in the same position amongst the over 500 + jewish towel head mob. Think about it.

You cant tell me that you believe a weak person is carrying a heart of mercy over a stronger person?
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by Abuzola1(m): 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2010
Sweetnecta, u are really and truely sweet, barakAllah fihi kabiran
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by Sweetnecta: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2010
i meant contrast.
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2010
Abuzola !:

Sweetnecta, u are really and truely sweet, barakAllah fihi kabiran
Abuzooooooooooooooooooooola, my friend how are u& ur studies
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2010
sweetnecta dont get things mixed up. the thread says 'jesus also preached jihad' what im telling u is that the text quoted by the op and the events that followed afterwards has nothing to do with jihad. Dont bring in prophet mohammad into it. Im telling Jesus wasnt implying the physical battle of Jihad. ok? if u dont agree, u will have to prove me wrong
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by babygat: 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2010
There are many verses in the bible that clearly shows Jesus was a warrior prophet.
In Matthew 10:34 Jesus said "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.
I did not come to bring peace, but A SWORD "" He said to them, "But now if you have a purse,
take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
Re: Jesus Also Preached Jihad by 2468iyajo(m): 6:52am On Jan 16, 2022
It wasn't the matter of communicating in this platform. Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree / Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? / A Saudi Man Arrested For Selling Own Urine Instead Of Camel Urine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.