Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (71685 Views)

Yahoo Boys In Benin Throw Money Into The Air (Video) / Yahoo Boys Throw Money Into A Dirty River During Ritual / Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by studentofTruth: 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:

The father should go to his bank with the coconut-headed-petty-thief and tell them he knows where his money is cheesy. I am sure they must have told him it would be someone close and he said no. Anyway, they know what to do. Be careful henceforth, lots of young guys are into fraud. It is not until they move about with laptops or buy Lexus that you'll identify them.

In this era of yahoo boys and SARS, you don't want to be (inadvertently) caught in the web of fraudulent transactions.

This is the stereotyping I'm talking about. Coming from a supposedly enlightened fellow proves the point that an average Nigerian now considers laptop a criminal tool.

So carrying a laptop or driving a Lexus is a way to identify a Yahoo person? What a country!
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
i just pray the money he transfered to your account is not ransome money or fraudulent money but then ur story all points to it.better show urself to ur bank on monday and explain everything to them.this ur guy wey u say u know for primary school is not clean.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by kynbasil01: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:
Hello Nairalanders,

I had to create this new Acct to post this
Pls permit my typographical errors
Last week Saturday I was reading when I got a call from a friend that he needs my account number because his account can’t take the sum of money he wants to receive from the person that wants to transfer for him I asked him how much he said 300K I said jokingly that he should go and get a better account and stop operation student accounts. So I sent him my account details and the person sending him money credited my account 50K I told him that I revived only 50K not 300K he said yes that the person has reached his limit for the day ..

I seen him his money later in the evening via Quickteller because the server was not good and I was left with only 22K that was in my account before ok good ..

Fast forward to yesterday Evening I tried checking my account my login in and I noticed my account has been restricted I was confused on what might have happened I thought it’s something simple that I’ll walk to the bank and perfect it .. then I decided to message the costumer care I was told I need to update my Bvn informations that I should dial a particular number and follow instructions I tried it but it’s not working .

I’m suppose to visit the bank today but I was busy

Just after my Pratical in school today I was sitting when my guy called me again that is there anything wrong with my account he said I should not go to the bank because the 50K transaction that was sent earlier was fraudulent I was like wtf but he dropped the call ..

I called him again his contact was not available so after sometimes he messaged me online telling me the guy that sent it used his brothers account and he told him that it’s not from his account that his own personal account has been locked too because he later revived money directly from him and that’s how he got to know ..

What i’m after is a solution now can I go to the bank and explain my self already or what can I do to make all this not to bounce on me because I know noting about it I’ve never received any fraudulent transactions before someone said I should take him along to the bank and just hand him over when anything happens all
I need is a solution right now me mad the guy went to same primary school and secondary so I know him very well and made me trust him with my account what can I do right now
go to the police station and make a report first coz you're going to be arrested the moment you set your foot inside the bank...and start now to look for ways to get the 50k because you're going to pay that 50k if you can't provide the guy.. good luck
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by mechanics(m): 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2019
Simply go with him to the bank and report yourself.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
ornicus:

An example of the scam is as follows. A person is ahead of a queue at an atm.someone comes says guy I have an emergency. My pikin is in hospital etc etc. I have reached my limit. Or my card is not going. Let me send you the money, with draw and give to me. I will pay for your trouble. You give your account, the money is paid in, your withdraw and give to the guy. A week later your account is frozen and you find that the money was paid from the account of a robbery victim or some such
they were using such strategy in benin some few yrs back.dem go send ransome wey dem collect from a kidnap victim into ur account then collect am and leave u some change then next day kasala don bust grin
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
lefulefu:
they were using such strategy in benin some few yrs back.dem go send ransome wey dem collect from a kidnap victim into ur account then collect am and leave u some change then next day kasala don bust grin

Na so we see am o. That was why I jus block my old wayo wayo paddy who incidentally is from Benin. Before I enter
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by pocohantas(f): 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2019
studentofTruth:

This is the stereotyping I'm talking about. Coming from a supposedly enlightened fellow proves the point that an average Nigerian now considers laptop a criminal tool.

So carrying a laptop or driving a Lexus is a way to identify a Yahoo person? What a country!

Dude, I understand Buhari is still the president- so sense of humour is low. I wrote that with tongue in cheek. The identify is italicized for a reason. You drive a Lexus or what? grin

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by izzou(m): 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:

Dude, I understand Buhari is still the president- so sense of humour is low. I wrote that with tongue in cheek. The identify is italicized for a reason. You drive a Lexus or what? grin

grin grin grin
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
ornicus:

Na so we see am o. That was why I jus block my old wayo wayo paddy who incidentally is from Benin. Before I enter
wise move grin grin.the only person wey i dey allow send huge transactions then to my account na my aunty and she be nurse and a dedicated mountain of fire member.there was a time wey her bank dey make 10k deductions from her money over some promo of sort and she come dey send money to my account to escape the deductions until she resolved it.any other person wey no be my blood relation dey ask i will always come up with excuse and especially if the person is kinder shadowy.u dont just accept huge transactions into ur account cos u want to help person cos if the person na armed robber and kidnapper and dem come clamp u join no matter hw u shout dat u innocent dem no go hear ooo grin grin grin..and e go dey worse if u also chop frm the money grin grin grin grin grin no matter how small u chop grin grin grin.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
You don't buy market..
Oya, police, food is ready.
DFU or Alagbon Ikoyi is beaconing....

Enjoy your problems while you learn lesson
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
kynbasil01:
go to the police station and make a report first coz you're going to be arrested the moment you set your foot inside the bank...and start now to look for ways to get the 50k because you're going to pay that 50k if you can't provide the guy.. good luck

Is it only 50k ? Police will read 13 count charge.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by sammer4life(m): 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
bluefilm:

Thank you so much for this explanation.

Nedekid, abeg come and learn how to explain certain things.

Why did you lose the 50K?

Was it 50k that was transferred into your account?
I lost my 50k because I had already given the thief 50k cash to sort out his 'hospitalised' brother.....( I know it's a lie now though'), and he transfered the 50k to my account. Had it been you still have the money in that your account @OP, the bank will reverse the money back to the originating account, after the freeze. Unless the case has gone beyond simple theft, to include major crime like kidnapping or death

If so, then you didn't actually lose the money because it was really never yours, or am I wrong? wink wink wink
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by sammer4life(m): 5:44pm On Nov 30, 2019
Exactly.................. If the bank see the 50k in your account, they will reverse it back to the owner, except the case is beyond mere theft.

Yankee101:
Look for 50k and take to the bank to credit in your account so it can be reversed and the real owner paid.

Take your evidence to see the head of operations of any of the branches.

They might try to arrest you. Go with a lawyer if you can. Give a reasonable explanation with evidence showing your friend's request to you, his pictures and details and how you forwarded the money to him, you should be fine. Lose that kind of friend.

Plus lesson learned. Never give your account to anyone for anything except for trusted transfers you're expecting. Money can be collected via OTC (Over the counter) transfers by people without accounts so no one should use yours.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by tonididdy(m): 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

He actually stole the funds from his dad and he has messaged him he send the screen shot to the person I gave account

And you believe this.... Ngwa go and ask his father

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Naijaonfire(m): 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:
Hello Nairalanders,

I had to create this new Acct to post this
Pls permit my typographical errors
Last week Saturday I was reading when I got a call from a friend that he needs my account number because his account can’t take the sum of money he wants to receive from the person that wants to transfer for him I asked him how much he said 300K I said jokingly that he should go and get a better account and stop operation student accounts. So I sent him my account details and the person sending him money credited my account 50K I told him that I revived only 50K not 300K he said yes that the person has reached his limit for the day ..

I seen him his money later in the evening via Quickteller because the server was not good and I was left with only 22K that was in my account before ok good ..

Fast forward to yesterday Evening I tried checking my account my login in and I noticed my account has been restricted I was confused on what might have happened I thought it’s something simple that I’ll walk to the bank and perfect it .. then I decided to message the costumer care I was told I need to update my Bvn informations that I should dial a particular number and follow instructions I tried it but it’s not working .

I’m suppose to visit the bank today but I was busy

Just after my Pratical in school today I was sitting when my guy called me again that is there anything wrong with my account he said I should not go to the bank because the 50K transaction that was sent earlier was fraudulent I was like wtf but he dropped the call ..

I called him again his contact was not available so after sometimes he messaged me online telling me the guy that sent it used his brothers account and he told him that it’s not from his account that his own personal account has been locked too because he later revived money directly from him and that’s how he got to know ..

What i’m after is a solution now can I go to the bank and explain my self already or what can I do to make all this not to bounce on me because I know noting about it I’ve never received any fraudulent transactions before someone said I should take him along to the bank and just hand him over when anything happens all
I need is a solution right now me mad the guy went to same primary school and secondary so I know him very well and made me trust him with my account what can I do right now
Bro, you are in for it. This exactly what happened to about 2 persons I know. Since 2017 till date, the case has not been settled after going to efcc cell n spending over 1m each. The last one even passed out from nysc without withdrawing a dine from his alawee because his are restricted up till date. So begin call on whichever God u serve to come to your aid. That your friend is an agent of destroyer. I wish you luck.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by kammali: 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2019
Bro you take patient for now because the case is huting you have 2thing to do one you get 5k that enter your account and 10k to bail yourself from police or you leave your account for 10years after 10years you can reopen new account,moreover your case is small case in the police station....
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nuliberry: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2019
...... Hope you are not doing picker for your paddy. Because I am wondering why your friend has you bank account details in the first place.

Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.

Which hustle is your friend doing that....

*Read the post again
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Seyilome(m): 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
This similar case has happened to my brother before, he didn't know that his friend has used his account number to treathing someone to pay in, my brother was traced from Lagos to Delta state,and bank called him and my brother was handed over to police,my brother spent 1 week in cell waiting to be taking to court, luckily for him his friend called him and my bro put phone on loud speaker and everyone heard Thier conversation and police realised that my bro was innocent,he was freed and they went after his friend and arrested him. Please take step now.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by BlackLaw: 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli don't go to the bank alone, go with a lawyer and some family. You are most likely going to be arrested upon arrival at the bank.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Insectkiller: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
U don enter one chance...

Go report urself to Police and let ur school authority know before u go-to police station esp Ur school security unit...

If anything happen, dey will be in d knw and help u out...and get d main culprit in.

Save ur head, u just learnt a lesson ... Trust No man

shocked cool

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by faithfull18(f): 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2019
Hmmn, this is serious.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Joystark(f): 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2019
NoGender:

Parte after Parte!

Kai...
I loooove Nairaland grin
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Joystark(f): 7:03pm On Nov 30, 2019
Just have a conversation with the guy, make sure it's recorded.
Get a lawyer, go to the nearest police station.
They'll probably go with you to the bank.

Bad things just keep happening to those who trust others.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by franzis(m): 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
Bro don't go to the bank alone , go with a lawyer /relative and the guy in question...because the next thing is for you to get arrested by the police probably get handed to efcc and charged for fraud....I know what I am saying
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by kynbasil01: 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2019
Gforce2015:

Is it only 50k ? Police will read 13 count charge.
there will be nothing like count charge if you submit yourself to police first, truth is that police will collect at least 10+ from you. . Just get the 50k ready before going to police
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2019
ornicus:
Now I will go cynical. Hope you are not doing picker for your paddy. Because I am wondering why your friend has you bank account details in the first place.

Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.

Which hustle is your friend doing that will give 300 k. Which one is my account cannot carry it
What was your commission?

I hope you can see exactly where this path will lead.

We can't even say if this story of your paddy stealing is not cock and bull. It could be full fledged kidnap money

Read through b4 commenting jor
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2019
ornicus:

a teenager in university abi?
i am sure all the yahoo boys we are seeing on SM are also innocent teenagers who just happened to have money sink into their accounts?
how do you know for certain the poster is not just looking for guidelines on how best to beat the rap?
how do i now you are not even the so called friend anyway?
maybe you too are a thief looking for advise on how to beat he system
no be today pikin dey use format for elders.

the other day i was in my old close. thats how i saw this guy who may not even be in university with a corolla. someone whose dad has practically disappeared. i am sure if you ask him he will say something arcane like trading bitcoin.

interestingly, the police for all their faults, also know exactly whats up. since the OP is hiding his ID [or so he claims] there is no way of telling what his actual character is
This guy you are very dumb.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
ornicus:

you really have no idea of the lengths kidnappers go to, do you?
No kidnapper will risk his life 4 50k. Think
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by oxatto: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2019
My Brother Can I advice you!!!

9ja is a zoo country!!! Very Lawless, this Case you are seeing as a small case, You and your Family will end up spending over 500k to 1M for you to be a Free Man.

The day you go to the Bank and try to explain yourself that very day you will be arrested and straight to the State Head Quarters where the Victim of the Fraud is Residing. So my Brother think very well!! Ok. If you have any Lawyer as a Friend or Family get him involved why because you cannot afford the service of a Lawyer you don't know in this Case.

Try get every evidence you can, Voice Record of your conversation with your Friend.

If you are Lucky you will be locked up at the Police Station. But if you are not you will be Reminded at the Prison Minimum 6 Months to 1Year. Just do everything to prove your Innocent as evidence ASP. Because I am Talking out of 1st hand Experience.

All the Best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by backbone503(m): 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
Akoba adaba Olorun ma je' ri o!
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by samso247(m): 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2019
Same tin happened to my younger brother, wen He gt to d bank, dey looked for a way to delay him till the police arrived, and took him away, if not dat my dad had connections he was almost transferred to state cid, we finally bailed him with plenty Abeg and plenty calls from the AIG with #150k.
So please kukuma go and report the issue to d police Ist, before taking any step, if not OYO is ur case, or did I forgt to tell u dat uptil today d account is still frozen, all for 20k oooo.
Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by samso247(m): 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2019
oxatto:
My Brother Can I advice you!!!

9ja is a zoo country!!! Very Lawless, this Case you are seeing as a small case, You and your Family will end up spending over 500k to 1M for you to be a Free Man.

The day you go to the Bank and try to explain yourself that very day you will be arrested and straight to the State Head Quarters where the Victim of the Fraud is Residing. So my Brother think very well!! Ok. If you have any Lawyer as a Friend or Family get him involved why because you cannot afford the service of a Lawyer you don't know in this Case.

Try get every evidence you can, Voice Record of your conversation with your Friend.

If you are Lucky you will be locked up at the Police Station. But if you are not you will be Reminded at the Prison Minimum 6 Months to 1Year. Just do everything to prove your Innocent as evidence ASP. Because I am Talking out of 1st hand Experience.

All the Best.
Very true bro, if nt becos my dad is a lawyer, dey were demanding 500k oooo. Longstory abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) / Wife Serves Her Husband Indian Hemp At His Workplace (Pictures) / Joy Odama Murdered By Alhaji In Abuja, Parents Call For Justice (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.