Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,632 members, 7,816,607 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (71684 Views)

Yahoo Boys In Benin Throw Money Into The Air (Video) / Yahoo Boys Throw Money Into A Dirty River During Ritual / Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by CyberEBOLA(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2019
First to comment

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2019
You are an accomplice, please leave that account for now.

The bank are looking for you to hand over to the 6. ...simple

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by yahoosurepass(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2019
Hztfcep:
available ticket is ready for pay after winning
chat me up now
090-21-80-43-78
winning is compulsory

fraudster

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Wanity(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2019
Amuatulu:
Lalasticlala sef... shocked
Leave Soapy and cum fast!

Cum where grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by donttouchme: 11:00am On Nov 30, 2019
Write a letter to efcc stating the obvious
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by chigoizie7(m): 11:01am On Nov 30, 2019
Martinez39:
Immediately go to the police first then go to the bank to report. Don't worry, you won't be accused of fraud because fraudsters don't turn themselves in like this. Do these immediately. Next time, don't give out your account details no matter what.

We all know naija police, let him go to the bank and speak with the branch manager 1st, he is in a better position to understand him more, police might be requesting for money from him. After explaining to the branch manager, he will help them arrest the guy in question.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

I hope they will listen to me..

I’m talking this guy that collect my Acct to let us go there he’s trying to dodge that

Stop playing a childish game . There's no need of telling him to go with you, for sure he won't. But if you go the bank , you will also be in trouble. Here's is my advice, arrest your friend now and go to the back to report the incidence. Don't go to the bank without without going to the police station, they will definitely handover you to police

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by JaruJaru890: 11:01am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

I’m talking this guy that collect my Acct to let us go there he’s trying to dodge that
go to the bank first.
What are you going to police station to do? Did u commit any crime? Go to bank and explain to them, that's the first point of call
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by abimbola74(m): 11:02am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:
Hello Nairalanders,

I had to create this new Acct to post this
Pls permit my typographical errors
Last week Saturday I was reading when I got a call from a friend that he needs my account number because his account can’t take the sum of money he wants to receive from the person that wants to transfer for him I asked him how much he said 300K I said jokingly that he should go and get a better account and stop operation student accounts. So I sent him my account details and the person sending him money credited my account 50K I told him that I revived only 50K not 300K he said yes that the person has reached his limit for the day ..

I seen him his money later in the evening via Quickteller because the server was not good and I was left with only 22K that was in my account before ok good ..

Fast forward to yesterday Evening I tried checking my account my login in and I noticed my account has been restricted I was confused on what might have happened I thought it’s something simple that I’ll walk to the bank and perfect it .. then I decided to message the costumer care I was told I need to update my Bvn informations that I should dial a particular number and follow instructions I tried it but it’s not working .

I’m suppose to visit the bank today but I was busy

Just after my Pratical in school today I was sitting when my guy called me again that is there anything wrong with my account he said I should not go to the bank because the 50K transaction that was sent earlier was fraudulent I was like wtf but he dropped the call ..

I called him again his contact was not available so after sometimes he messaged me online telling me the guy that sent it used his brothers account and he told him that it’s not from his account that his own personal account has been locked too because he later revived money directly from him and that’s how he got to know ..

What i’m after is a solution now can I go to the bank and explain my self already or what can I do to make all this not to bounce on me because I know noting about it I’ve never received any fraudulent transactions before someone said I should take him along to the bank and just hand him over when anything happens all
I need is a solution right now me mad the guy went to same primary school and secondary so I know him very well and made me trust him with my account what can I do right now
Have it in mind that the probability of being arrested is high aswear cos I went through same fate while I was in school(300level and it was even during exam). Deputy V.C slf follow dem come to the banking hall buh I was lucky not to be locked up cos my innocence was proven.That my stupid friend gave his friend my account details who used it for his dubious act( Nigga duped d V.C's frnd son ni shaa)
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by babamadiba(m): 11:02am On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:

Don't make the mistake of going to the bank. Whatever kept you busy today- you should thank it.

Since your acct was flagged for fraudulent activities, there might be an apprehend on sight instruction on your acct. You will be arrested by the bank's security and handed over to whichever security detail is in charge. Sometimes they even come from other states- E go be like extradition. Depends on the gravity of the story behind that money or where the case started from.

Go to the police and report yourself (like some people below have suggested, with a lawyer). The NPF are the ones that would establish evidence of your innocence and give the bank. It isn't going to be a quick process. Your acct would be restricted for a while, at least from online transactions.

Stop giving your acct numbers to people for inflows. Some have received ransoms without knowing. Until they arrest them inside the banking hall. Their cluelessness on the matter at hand makes them even try to resist arrest. Trust Naija police na. You go collect better sliding tackle.
hahaha @ slide tackle..
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by id911(m): 11:03am On Nov 30, 2019
Thank your stars you didn't go to the bank the day you're supposed to go, u for the chop watery beans somewhere now. Never ever make the mistake of going to any bank now.

I met one guy in Police Cell last week, same issue of money transfer from a friend. He went to his bank to do transaction, he was told his account was flagged and so was arrested by the police in the banking premises here in Lagos. He said he's being told to stay in cell till those from Abuja(i think EFCC), travel down to take him to Abuja.

This one no be small matta o, report your self to the nearest Police Station with evidence of your innocence and they will take it from there because whether you like it or not, you'll be arrested one way or the other and that will be worse . Get a lawyer if u can. Good luck and may God be with you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by ChildFun: 11:03am On Nov 30, 2019
Just go to the bank and explain what happened. They will investigate and eventually trace the fraudulent person among you guys,don't worry, if you're innocent, they will unrestrict your account.
Will all that is happening now, I wonder why people will still divulge account details to receive inflow on behalf of someone else.
Take note, your friend may also be guilty in this matter.
Cartel everywhere. Na dem!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by obinnaoduduwa: 11:04am On Nov 30, 2019
Are u a fool,go to the bank ,you have his text on ur phone is a prof you Notting about it
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by monimekaz(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

What can I do now I can’t leave my account like this

If I don’t go to them they will surely come to me and that will be worse

And bros please don't forget to explain yourself in your mother tongue ...I mean in Yoruba,Hausa ,Igbo, Bini,Fulani or any other Nigerian language u speak ..English is not working for you at all
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 30, 2019
Do as people say, go to police and tell them exactly what happened
Make a police report, then go to the bank.

Thank your star the money is 50k and not much. If the money is above $1000(360k). You will be definitely charged with money laundering and you cant claim innocence.

The money is small, you can claim innocence or ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by flokii: 11:07am On Nov 30, 2019
@OP from your writeup, I can tell you're the 'I don't care' type and 'my friend my friend' type..

For your info, frends have gotten countless people into trouble or killed. It's just for him/her to see you as a soft target. they can prey on.

I know you'd get help but hope you'll learn from this, same for others viewing.. Never allow friendship into your personal/confidential space that can get you in trouble. #Enoughsaid.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by livebyday(m): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:

Don't make the mistake of going to the bank. Whatever kept you busy today- you should thank it.

Since your acct was flagged for fraudulent activities, there might be an apprehend on sight instruction on your acct. You will be arrested by the bank's security and handed over to whichever security detail is in charge. Sometimes they even come from other states- E go be like extradition. Depends on the gravity of the story behind that money or where the case started from.

Go to the police and report yourself (like some people below have suggested, with a lawyer). The NPF are the ones that would establish evidence of your innocence and give the bank. It isn't going to be a quick process. Your acct would be restricted for a while, at least from online transactions.

Stop giving your acct numbers to people for inflows. Some have received ransoms without knowing. Until they arrest them inside the banking hall. Their cluelessness on the matter at hand makes them even try to resist arrest. Trust Naija police na. You go collect better sliding tackle.

Best comment here

@OP

Thank this lady and follow her advise to the letter
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by livebyday(m): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:

Best comment here

@OP

Thank this lady and follow her advise to the letter ..
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by ubabuizu(m): 11:08am On Nov 30, 2019
Let me help you out as an experienced banker..walk in to the bank and demand to see the control and compliance officer..I repeat..meet the control and compliance officer and give him a detailed explanation of what happened showing him the text .
He will either request you document it to look official and to also present the guy.
Hope my tip helps out

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by chizzypresh(f): 11:09am On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:

Op, pls listen to this advice because this happened to a friend of mine and was just arrested on the spot
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Enskynelson(m): 11:09am On Nov 30, 2019
Bros... Call your guy, make sure your record all conversations... Chat him up online and keep the chat as well. Have those evidence in place before you visit either the police first before the bank.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by stevups(m): 11:10am On Nov 30, 2019
Wait for some days, don't show up now. If to forfelt the account, Pls do. What is so painful is to suffer for someone else crime.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by SarkinYarki: 11:10am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

Go to the police and make a report first before going to bank and be ready to handover all you can about your friend ..If you go to the bank first you might end up in Special Fraud Unit Ikoyi and you will sleep there

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by nkemjika6006(m): 11:10am On Nov 30, 2019
IT HAD HAPPENED MY DEAR.
IF THE BANK GO FURTHER THEY WILL BLOCK YOUR BVN AND IT WILL AFFECT ALL YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS IN OTHER BANKS. YOU MUST PROOF YOUR INNOCENCE IF NOT YOU ARE DONE WITH BANKING AND POSSIBLY ON A WANTED LIST WITH THE OTHERS THAT RECEIVED THE MONEY.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
CONTACT THE PERSON THAT MADE THE TRANSFER INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.
VISIT THE BANK AND ASCERTAIN WHAT IS REALLY THE PROBLEM.
REPORT TO THE POLICE AND MAKE A STATEMENT (POSSIBLY WITH A LAWYER).
FOLLOW IT FROM THERE.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by ednut1(m): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2019
The father may say u guys told him to do it . Ayele
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by nedekid: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

Dont be silly. You better rush to the police station "yesterday" not even today and make a report that your account was blocked after your friend transfered money into it. Get the police to investigate and possibly invite/arrest your friend and get his statement.
The police should then contact your bank first thing on Monday for investigation.
The point of the above stated is to preempt the comming police, Sars, dss, efcc etc wahala. It help prove your innocence.
Oga act fast because wahala is comming ohhh.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by SarkinYarki: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2019
chigoizie7:

We all know naija police, let him go to the bank and speak with the branch manager 1st, he is in a better position to understand him more, police might be requesting for money from him. After explaining to the branch manager, he will help them arrest the guy in question.

Oga the branch manager has a process to follow , trust me he will hand him to special fraud unit Ikoyi to sort it and that place is not funny ..
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Martinez39(m): 11:12am On Nov 30, 2019
chigoizie7:

I agree with you. Your suggestion is better.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by livebyday(m): 11:12am On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:

He can consider getting one. Maybe he would be lucky enough to get a lawyer that would take up his case pro bono. A lot of them handle it on their own, if it doesn't have a serious back story.

If it is one of these common cases where teens transfer money from their pensioner father/mother/guardian ('s) acct- he can easily wriggle out. Once he proves he gave it to their child, they'll most likely withdraw and handle it as a family issue. If this isn't the case, I pity him, because the NPF will do their best to milk him. On top 50k.

Very true again

If it was funds from crime like "One chance " Robbery and forced ATM withdrawal then this young man is in deep sheet

Unfortunately

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) / Wife Serves Her Husband Indian Hemp At His Workplace (Pictures) / Joy Odama Murdered By Alhaji In Abuja, Parents Call For Justice (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.