Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) (62066 Views)

Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles / Lagos Impounds 4,694 Motorcycles, Convicts 1,490 Offenders / Lagos Impounds 100 Commercial Motorcycles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by luluosas(m): 7:17am On Dec 03, 2019
Ode. Opera owned opay and not Google. Try hard next time
Fortune109:
Good riddance! Is this how commercial motor bikes have invaded American highways where Google that owns the so called OPay is from??

Whoever must operate motor bike business has to comply with the laws of the land...there are specified routes that Motor bikes are allowed to ply in the state, period!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Jabioro: 7:22am On Dec 03, 2019
Sanwo Olu is becoming an embarrassment to the state and the party in general.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by imam07: 7:22am On Dec 03, 2019
Fortune109:
Good riddance! Is this how commercial motor bikes have invaded American highways where Google that owns the so called OPay is from??

Whoever must operate motor bike business has to comply with the laws of the land...there are specified routes that Motor bikes are allowed to ply in the state, period!

Wetin u go talk. Because u get ur personal car. I know u cant say this if u don't hv ur own car. That is the same way the politicians reason.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by adekennis(m): 7:25am On Dec 03, 2019
NGpatriot:
The same people crying here will come tomorrow to remind us how beautiful and clean Rwanda is, but they will tolerate, support and defend what Rwanda wont tolerate to keep their city clean.

They love to compare other countries with Nigeria and bore us to death how about how Nigeria is backward, dirty and lawless, but their are too clueless to figure out that they themselves are pathetic reflection of everything that's bad about Nigeria.

They will go to the other countries that they compare Nigeria with and obey their laws over there, but when they get back to Nigeria, they won't obey the laws, they wont support measures and laws designed to reflect orderliness and cleanliness.

They want to live in a beautiful and well governed country like America and Europe, but they can not obey the laws that the people in America and Europe abide by.

Nigeria is not ready, there are just too many lawless and unruly people.

Oga shut up..If government doesn’t want Okada and all that, they should have provided rail metro system and other better form of transportation as we see in developed countries . Now the roads are in terrible state, no good transportation system apart from that useless BRT that is not functional ..The stupid government still carving out from the bad and tiny road that we have for their nonsense BRT and you here spewing rubbish..Don’t let me unleash my anger on you if you don’t want to be unfortunate. I’m particularly angry with Sanwo cos this is someone I campaigned vigorously for and I haven’t been impressed by that nigga..So shut the fck off

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by lexy2014: 7:25am On Dec 03, 2019
NGpatriot:
The same people crying here will come tomorrow to remind us how beautiful and clean Rwanda is, but they will tolerate, support and defend what Rwanda wont tolerate to keep their city clean.

They love to compare other countries with Nigeria and bore us to death how about how Nigeria is backward, dirty and lawless, but their are too clueless to figure out that they themselves are pathetic reflection of everything that's bad about Nigeria.

They will go to the other countries that they compare Nigeria with and obey their laws over there, but when they get back to Nigeria, they won't obey the laws, they wont support measures and laws designed to reflect orderliness and cleanliness.

They want to live in a beautiful and well governed country like America and Europe, but they can not obey the laws that the people in America and Europe abide by.

Pls what is d law regarding this issue?
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by murmee: 7:25am On Dec 03, 2019
landforeast:
I say it again any day Okada is totally banned in Lagos. Lagos will become the biggest jungle on Earth. Most low income earners and Abokis in Lagos survives on this Okada business.
My dear, banning Okada totally in Lagos would be the best thing to happen to the city.
So you are happy that young men take to Okada riding instead of learning a skill to secure their future.

You are also happy that all sorts of Abokis including people from neighboring countries troop to Lagos to do Okada and make the city very dangerous for Lagosians.

If young people like you reason the way you do, I really worry for the future of Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by tojahh(m): 7:25am On Dec 03, 2019
NGpatriot:

I take it that you don't even have an international passport. Have you been to Rwanda? Of course not hence you would have known they allow bikes on their roads even on highways yet their roads are clean and smooth to ride on. The bikers and their riders must be clamped with a helmet which is exactly what the Opay is doing.

So before you come here and talk about backwardness, oga TRAVEL AND SEE.

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:26am On Dec 03, 2019
imam07:
Wetin u go talk. Because u get ur personal car. I know u cant say this if u don't hv ur own car. That is the same way the politicians reason.
it's because your business or office is a stonethrow to your house, chai..this is not fair..we will protest this.o -pay must remain till all roads are repaired
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by lexy2014: 7:26am On Dec 03, 2019
Fortune109:

What is d law of d land as far as operating motor bike business is concerned?
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:28am On Dec 03, 2019
1) One thing I've noticed about Nigeria and a lawmakers is that they like to place the cart ahead of the horse.

2) Personally, no motorcycle should be allowed except on the last mile routes and they have to go to specific motorcycle training and licensed to carry passengers. That's how I cautioned one Aboki MFer in Ibadan who then turned around and asked me "what you know about riding okada". I weak.

3) I'm all for reigning okada in. If I have my druthers I would ban them all on city streets, shikena.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Awoo88: 7:30am On Dec 03, 2019
Opay people never settle. They should give Tinubu stark in the company and watch how the company progress rapidly in Lagos state.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by lexy2014: 7:30am On Dec 03, 2019
murmee:
My dear, banning Okada totally in Lagos would be the best thing to happen to the city.
So you are happy that young men take to Okada riding instead of learning a skill to secure their future.

You are also happy that all sorts of Abokis including people from neighboring countries troop to Lagos to do Okada and make the city very dangerous for Lagosians.

If young people like you reason the way you do, I really worry for the future of Nigeria!

What is wrong if people take to okada riding? In d end, what's d difference between d skill acquisition u referring and okada riding u condemning? Are both not intended to provide a legal source of income by providing a service? How have abokis riding okada made Lagos dangerous?
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 03, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
1) One thing I've noticed about Nigeria and a lawmakers is that they like to place the cart ahead of the horse.

2) Personally, no motorcycle should be allowed except on the last mile routes and they have to go to specific motorcycle training and licensed to carry passengers. That's how I cautioned one Aboki MFer in Ibadan who then turned around and asked me "what you know about riding okada". I weak.

3) I'm all for reigning okada in. If I have my druthers I would ban them all on city streets, shikena.

the interesting thing - they are already outlawed on lagos highways/expressways , and in VI and ikoyi. but enforcement has once again dropped.
i honestly would prefer if they outlawed them completely and brought in opay.
OPay is a corporate entity that can be held to some sort of account. on their own, okada riders, esp the abokis are an out of control thuggish mob who answer to no one

all these laws have been in place since 2012
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/06/19/know-the-64-traffic-offences-in-lagos-and-the-penalties/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Basher8583: 7:33am On Dec 03, 2019
RichDad1:
Sanwo-Olu is a very clueless governor. He might end up being the worst governor in Lagos state history.
The same OPay that has been helping Lagosians meet up with appointments, avoid sacks and saved lots of productive hours usually spent in Lagos traffic on a daily basis ?
Why are these people allergic to anything that will reduce the transportation woes of the average Lagos residents ?
The traffic laws only banned motorcycles with engine capacity lesser than 200cc from plying the highways and other restricted routes. To the best of my knowledge, OPay , Max etc use motorcycles with engine capacity around 250cc upwards.
The amount of traffic in Lagos metropolis is unprecedented, Yet this point and kill Governor wants to to make things worse.
While tankers are having a field day on the roads and he’s at lost as to what to do, it’s the Bike that are helping to alleviate the suffering that he’s barking at.
All the roads he announced will be repaired or reconstructed as soon as possible are still the same thing. From Badagry to Ikorodu , Epe, Alimosho, etc.
Infact all the 5 divisions of Lagos state is worse than he met them.
I hope Cardinal Odumbaku and other Lagos APC stalwarts are taking keen interest on this accidental Governor they foisted on us?
AMBO was bad, pompous, not a good party man etc. But I don’t think Sanwo-Olu is any better.

Wailer......
Better don't kill yourself.....
So saving lives has become a sin abi. Do you know how many people have stupidly lost the use of their limbs because of bike accidents.
You will see these bikes dragging third mainland bridge with you and start wonder why they have a death wish
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by bejick(m): 7:34am On Dec 03, 2019
NGpatriot:

And you point is? Are you for or against the Opay bike?.
When we talk about been like America let the government put in basic amenities, good road, electricity, better transport system and let see if people will not follow suit. Our government have fail us period. For almost one week now I have not seen light and you are here talking America.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by biosystech: 7:34am On Dec 03, 2019
Seenyo:
I deeply regret being persuaded by my cousin to vote the current, redundant and clueless governor!

Ambo is no saint, but miles ahead of this disaster!
LOL! Another regret? First, the (redundant ancestor in your words) president and now, the governor?
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Basher8583: 7:36am On Dec 03, 2019
lexy2014:

What is wrong if people take to okada riding? In d end, what's d difference between d skill acquisition u referring and okada riding u condemning? Are both not intended to provide a legal source of income by providing a service? How have abokis riding okada made Lagos dangerous?

There are designated routes for okada riders. It should be strongly adhered to. Abi you wan ride okada go heaven?
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 7:36am On Dec 03, 2019
NGpatriot:

B4 Americans make laws they think thoroughly about all sides and their peculiarity, they don’t just make laws or dumb laws or copy laws like aisha trying to copy China laws.

Laws are not to be made anyhow because u can make them bt with good sense of judgement.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by landforeast(m): 7:39am On Dec 03, 2019
murmee:

You don't understand me, they should look for a way to reintegrate them into other meaningful ventures before banning them. Banning them just like that will escalate already fragile security nature of the state.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Justpd: 7:39am On Dec 03, 2019
[s]
Fortune109:

[/s]
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 03, 2019
You are right. We all must obey the laws. Buhari must obey court orders.
NGpatriot:

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Basher8583: 7:42am On Dec 03, 2019
NGpatriot:

You are so on point. Wish I could like your post 1000 times over
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by BabaO2: 7:43am On Dec 03, 2019
RichDad1:
Sanwo-Olu is a very clueless governor. He might end up being the worst governor in Lagos state history.
The same OPay that has been helping Lagosians meet up with appointments, avoid sacks and saved lots of productive hours usually spent in Lagos traffic on a daily basis ?
Why are these people allergic to anything that will reduce the transportation woes of the average Lagos residents ?
The traffic laws only banned motorcycles with engine capacity lesser than 200cc from plying the highways and other restricted routes. To the best of my knowledge, OPay , Max etc use motorcycles with engine capacity around 250cc upwards.
The amount of traffic in Lagos metropolis is unprecedented, Yet this point and kill Governor wants to to make things worse.
While tankers are having a field day on the roads and he’s at lost as to what to do, it’s the Bike that are helping to alleviate the suffering that he’s barking at.
All the roads he announced will be repaired or reconstructed as soon as possible are still the same thing. From Badagry to Ikorodu , Epe, Alimosho, etc.
I hope Cardinal Odumbaku and other Lagos APC stalwarts are taking keen interest on this accidental Governor they foisted on us?
AMBO was bad, pompous, not a good party man etc. But I don’t think Sanwo-Olu is any better.

OPay have constituted themselves as nuisance and menace on Lagos routes nowadays, scratching people's cars and causing traffic jam all over. Roads are being mended all over to say the fact.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by murmee: 7:43am On Dec 03, 2019
Cantonese:

Did you read the part that said that Lagos state did not approve the operations of bike hailing companies?

I think we must not hide under the cover of irresponsible leadership and bad roads to support this very unruly behaviour of okada riders. They may serve to reduce transportation time from one end to another but have you thought about the risk factors to the riders and other road users?

Before the advent of okada on major roads we all went about our businesses successfully. They appeared on the roads and very soon we started to experience their lawlessness and irresponsibility. Okada riders never stop at traffic lights. If they feel that you are obstructing them they kick your car or hit it very hard thereby damaging it. Police find it hard to control them even as some police officers use them as their personal shops. They are very abusive and highly anti social. Somehow those who prefer okadas have taken to the bad mannerisms of their riders themselves. Please go to Igbobi, private hospitals and local bone doctors and you will see uncountable people getting treated from wounds sustained during their rides.

When El Rufai banned them in Abuja central business district people thought their movements had been completely restricted. Go and see how it is there today without them. Years since El Rufai left okadas still don't dare go to the CBD. They have been banned in some states yet there is peace. When they were restricted in Lagos we had peace.

Our problem is enforcement and very dubious leaders. Just before the elections they become emergency friends with okada riders. Immediately after elections they begin to remind them of the laws.

Okada owners have been asked to upgrade to keke napep several times. Most say they cannot afford it, yet there are thousands who operate hire purchase.

I support that they should be banned completely, no matter the name they cover up with.

Government on its own should fix the roads and provide more buses to make life easier rather than give room for embezzlement and extortion by transport unions and some dirty minded policemen. Government should stop using touts and unions to play politics and stay in power. Government should be responsible and manage the affairs of the people of the state properly.

Cheers.
Great submission. Thank you!
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 03, 2019
biosystech:
LOL! Another regret? First, the (redundant ancestor in your words) president and now, the governor?
#FACT!...on seeing the gross fiasco the redundant anscestot turned out to be, i vowed NEVER to partake in any election again..
But my cousin who is apc councillor persuaded me to give the fresh hand a chance,
& once again, i'm so dissapointed.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by neonly: 7:47am On Dec 03, 2019
RichDad1:

They want der BRT to make more now what do expect from a devilish govt
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Basher8583: 7:48am On Dec 03, 2019
Mac2016:

My hesrt cries for Nigeria cos of the height of cluelessness of our so-called leaders and any other sycophantic followers always celebrating mediocrity or beclouded by their personal greed like their leaders.

You have nailed the point.. They always hate anything trying to set the people free! I am more than fed up. They hate solutions that do not originate from them!
You want to business on state lands consult the state. You cannot start a business without consulting the States plus having the States Express approval. Did the state give them licence to operate? thats the question
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by lexy2014: 7:49am On Dec 03, 2019
Basher8583:

There are designated routes for okada riders. It should be strongly adhered to. Abi you wan ride okada go heaven?

What has designated routes and going to heaven got to do with d questions I asked?
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by lexy2014: 7:52am On Dec 03, 2019
Basher8583:

Wailer......
Better don't kill yourself.....
So saving lives has become a sin abi. Do you know how many people have stupidly lost the use of their limbs because of bike accidents.
You will see these bikes dragging third mainland bridge with you and start wonder why they have a death wish

That means there have been no car accidents in Lagos
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by migeoart(f): 7:53am On Dec 03, 2019
I just wish every nigerian will go to heaven,we are partially in hell we dnt need to suffer anymore!!!How can you ban bikes when you have not fixed the cause of traffic jam!!!if the roads are free no one will want to fly bike on express road!!Oga start with clearly the ports, remove all the tankers from the roads!! On sunday here tankers where parking triple lanes on a tiny road and i wonder where are the law of this state! By banning opay bike more unemployed people thrown back to the society
The annoying part is this people will never provide an alternative!!God help the average Nigerians
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 03, 2019
MrCuteking:
No more protesters in Nigeria. Social media has made many men too lazy to protest.

Social media makes it easier than ever to MOBILISE for protest. Ask the Arab Spring protesters. But Nigerians have always been a docile, fearful and hopelessly timid bunch. How difficult is it to mobilise 1 million poor and defiant Lagosians to shut down the useless government and put the fear of God in these charlatans pretending to be leaders?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 03, 2019
Lagos agbero and Oba madness. They billed the owner of the Opay 50m can you imagine that. A newly started business and they want OWO NLE of 50m. Yoruba people are just useless and fucking lazy
dre11:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/lagos-impounds-trucks-of-opay-bikes.html

Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi, His Wives & Kids Stun In New Photo / Why Is Mike Ozekhome Laughing Even After Atiku Lost At Supreme Court? / Ibrahim Magu Wears Buhari's Campaign Lapel, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.