Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:34 AM

Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised (34341 Views)

How Buhari’s Coronavirus Campaign Compares With Uk’s / Fani-Kayode Compares Obasanjo And Buhari (Pictures) / Nnamdi kanu loves dogs more than Igbos. Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2019
Iceberg3:
It's true but Soyinka actually mistook coneheads for dss. grin

Lzaa
Metaphysical, is this true? grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where was Wole Soyinka when Nnamdi Kanu's bail was ignored, where was he when Nnamdi Kanu's family house was being desecrated by the military?

Why is Soyinka even complaining against a government whose emergence he actively worked for?
The chicken has come home to roost and they've begun whipping up empathy.

I refuse to buy in and it is simple.
I won't weep for you when your house is on fire if you didn't weep for me when mine was.

No way,

Sowore should pay the price for inciting a revolution against the government of the day out of animosity for not making the ministerial list.
The APC made it clear that they were not going to run a Government of National Unity, so what is Sowere's grouse?

Is it also a coincidence that his call for revolution came after the ministerial list was released?

We have better things like Allen Onyema and Air Peace to worry about and I find it rather paradoxical that our dear Professor has not made a comment on the ordeals of Allen Onyema.

Soyinka dines with the people he criticizes and laughs to their faces, accepts their awards and shows up for their invitations.
Visits their official residences and takes happy photographs with them. Worse even, he allows his children to serve under them.

Aside not being as literally sound, this two-faced nature is one of the reasons he will never be half the man Chinua Achebe was.

Chinua Achebe made his stand on issues unequivocally clear without any hues of grey, he turned down National awards based on personal principles, he never fraternized with people he believed made the country worse off and most importantly, he spoke out irrespective of whose ox it was that was being gored.

Wole Soyinka may have the unmerited award, but Achebe is the laurel itself.

How can the same people who said they couldn't trust Nigeria in the hands of Atiku "the looter" and "Made in China" Obi now complain that Nigeria is finished under their Mr. Intergrity and his Professor of Law vice?

No way.
Lalasti.clala please tell them that we must get to our Next Level, nobody is jumping off this ship.

This is no longer about Sowore. You definitely have a score to settle with Prof Wole Soyinka. How can you have so much bitterness and hate in you and expect to progress in life ? This is deep,it is too personal.

You are nursing a senseless bitterness about academic rivalry that long existed between two great Nigerians who have made names for themselves and here you are, a Mr Nobody without any value attached to your pitiable life.

You are a redundant ethnic chauvinist just like Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by NonFarmPayrol: 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
jayfolarin:

No one is forcing you to buy anything boy. Y'all still treating this shit like it's manutd vs Chelsea but when tyranny finally comes to your front door (Yes YOURS!), don't be surprised if there is no one around to help with your story.

I'm sure your pettiness will always stand by you no matter the harshness of dss cells though, so at least you get to chop belleful on that.

What a dunce

Tyranny has already been at their door

Crocodile smile
And eastern military invasion . The sw were laughing
Today their own is at the receiving end
Why should the south east bother?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by nkechiasogwa(f): 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hmmm... For once you have made sensible comment on nairaland. You just nailed it.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where was Wole Soyinka when Nnamdi Kanu's bail was ignored, where was he when Nnamdi Kanu's family house was being desecrated by the military?

Why is Soyinka even complaining against a government whose emergence he actively worked for?

I won't weep for you when your house is on fire if you didn't weep for me when mine was.

No way,

Sowore should pay the price for inciting a revolution against the government of the day out of animosity for not making the ministerial list.
The APC made it clear that they were not going to run a Government of National Unity, so what is Sowere's grouse?

Is it also a coincidence that his call for revolution came after the ministerial list was released?

We have better things like Allen Onyema and Air Peace to worry about and I find it rather paradoxical that our dear Professor has not made a comment on the ordeals of Allen Onyema.

Soyinka dines with the people he criticizes and laughs to their faces, accepts their awards and shows up for their invitations.
Visits their official residences and takes happy photographs with them. Worse even, he allows his children to serve under them.

Aside not being as literally sound, this two-faced nature is one of the reasons he will never be half the man Chinua Achebe was.

Chinua Achebe made his stand on issues unequivocally clear without any hues of grey, he turned down National awards based on personal principles, he never fraternized with people he believed made the country worse off and most importantly, he spoke out irrespective of whose ox it was that was being gored.

How can the same people who said they couldn't trust Nigeria in the hands of Atiku "the looter" and "Made in China" Obi now complain that Nigeria is finished under their Mr. Intergrity and his Professor of Law vice?

No way.
Lalasti.clala please tell them that we must get to our Next Level, nobody is jumping off this ship.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Paassme3330: 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
see below
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by oluwadabira111(m): 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

Aside not being as literarily sound, this two-faced nature is one of the reasons he will never be half the man Chinua Achebe was.

No way.
As in I disagree with this,this is just utter nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Google7: 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
Why is an 80 years old man afraid to say the truth. What's he afraid of?
Is it DSS we should blame or the man behind their lawlessness
Should we even blame Buhari or elders of a wasted generation who for pecuniary reasons pretended not to what to expect from Buhari we all know.

If not hypocrisy, why will anyone except a different order under Buhari?
Has DSS not always gone overboard in dealing with Buhari's detractors?
Was the vice president spared when he tried to sanction erring officers

An 80 years old man should have the boldness to direct criticisms aright, own up for his role in creation of the mess and hands off our generation by keeping his broken views to himself in the next election year.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Antichristus: 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

Aside not being as literarily sound, this two-faced nature is one of the reasons he will never be half the man Chinua Achebe was.

No way.

Tribalism that has since the 1960s grounded Nigeria to a halt, becoming the laughing stock of the world is what you’re engaging with here. Any wonder Nigeria would never do well again.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
NonFarmPayrol:

Tyranny has already been at their door

Crocodile smile
And eastern military invasion . The sw were laughing
Today their own is at the receiving end
Why should the south east bother?

No one is forcing anyone to speak out. You are not being forced to care or bother either. Just don't come out to cry when they pick up your dad or lock up your brother indefinitely for having a disagreement with a local government chairman or maybe for just the fun of it.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Smoke55: 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
Smh! who cares if DSS Invaded A Court or shrine? niggerians are just programmed to rant and wail on social media,when stuff like this happens instead of matching the street in protest to show how disatisfy they are,they will just result to online ranting and wailing,people will just rant and wail for a week over this incident and everything will become calm and normal again,and then we wait for another incident to rant about,and so it continues....

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Temptee101(m): 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blue3k:
Everyone is just blowing hot air if it doesn't lead to anything. Buhari not going to be impeached over this. The DSS probably wont be punished. If both facts are true he should continue since there's no consequences to these actions besides a few tweets and grumblings.

Which punishment when they were carrying out the bidding of their master, Tyrantt Buhari Dictakor
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by churchmind: 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.
you are on point,all this old thieves disturbing the space are our problem.they have use sowretortor like toilet paper,I pray bubu and alamajiri cabal harden their heart for this contraption call a country to come to an END

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Saviola6053: 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
sLentlover7778:
Dog and DSS are both three letter words..but i think it's an insult to compare dog to DSS.. for crying out loud.. a dog was honored by US president ( Donald Trump )

He didnt say dogs but Wild Dogs. Dss are wild dogs
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.

With all these write up. I can see u don’t want this country to move forward. So Soyinka is your problem. A man who supported buhari in 2015 because he taught that would bring change is now condemning buhari because he is disappointed in his so-called change and is writing openly to condem him.
You blame sowore and wish him death and suffering. Is sowore your problem? I ask you again. Or didn’t sowore warn people about buhari in the last election. Was it sowore that voted buhari in during the last election. Pls you and these your followers liking ur post should wake up and take another step in rethinking things. Remember sowore was the one who exposed that yara dua was dead that made Jonathan president. Remember that. It’s high time we come together and put our differences apart. Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by 12inchDickson: 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
Oh cb bark away
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Godfullsam(m): 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.

Who told you the reason behind the #RevolutionNow was because Sowore didnt make the ministerial list?

I used to think you are an intelligent guy but you just prove me wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by obongkaks: 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2019
Well articulated

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by LabDNA: 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2019
Treasure17:

Too harsh and unnecessary. For the fact that he supported this administration from the outset doesn't mean he shouldn't speak up again. A lot of people probably didn't see this coming. However this administration is the most ineptitude government have ever seen in a while.

Everybody who claims he didn't see this coming was either blinded by ethnic hatred or was just plain daft. Either way, such elements have business contributing to issues of national discourse.

Buhari's antecedents were as clear as daylight. He called himself a 'converted democrat', you swallowed hook, line and sinker, and went on a 'sai buhari' overdrive.

Who is the fool now?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Johnboom: 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.
You must be high on weed for saying Soyinka is not literally sound. You that is literally sound please shows us your achievements and stop bringing Ache be to your show of shame.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Henrhyme4u(m): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2019
Ebullience:
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

https://punchng.com/dogs-act-more-civilised-than-dss-soyinka/

Not all barking dogs deserve attention.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by zionglory(m): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.

Hmm, typical Igbo man, envy, bitterness, sadness, useless emotions and other things terrible all in one group of people, you guys can never be greater than this, that am sure of, you can only be jealous and bitter about someone bigger than you, foools

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Gerrard59(m): 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.

Thank you for this. Whatever Buhari decides to do with Sowore and his cohorts, he's free to do it. So-called intellectuals who supported Buhari in 2015 should live with their consequences and not blame Jonathan or concoct ridiculous excuses for their ill-fated choice.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by captainnigeria(m): 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.
Just when I thought I decied to read your puerile vitriol, the latent tribalist in you rears its head, such double standards you have..the wrong is only acceptable if the sufferer did not speak out against it when it initially happened? Shame on you!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Adakintroy2: 2:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
jayfolarin:

No one is forcing you to buy anything boy. Y'all still treating this shit like it's manutd vs Chelsea but when tyranny finally comes to your front door (Yes YOURS!), don't be surprised if there is no one around to help with your story.

I'm sure your pettiness will always stand by you no matter the harshness of dss cells though, so at least you get to chop belleful on that.

What a dunce

You every much the dunce here. His point is that it has already pass his door(Nnamdi kanu) Its at your steps now( sowore). When he was screaming you did not help, now you technically asking for help.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Wailerint: 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2019
To my eastern brothers n sisters, you really need self examination. So because people refused to support GEJ, that mean they usher in Tyrant.
Neither of them was a good choice for Nigeria but GEJ was even worse of.
You guys should for one stop the blame game and let’s work as one to kick against bad leadership (not IPOB style)till we find one irrespective of its religious or ethical race.
Let us believe in one Nigeria and be ready to protect it even from the bad leaders we’ve had or will have as the case may be.
Our leaders knows we rather fight ourselves rather than cooperate to vote them out.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Mrquote: 2:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
jayfolarin:

What a dunce
Bro they have been to his door step and he knw how it fills

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by kollinz1234(m): 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
WHITELIGHTER:

Aren't u guys tired of this? Must we dwell on what they did or say in the past? Our democracy is in serious coma and u guys keep digging same old grave
So u are just becoming aware that our democracy is in serious coma? When this same president ignored Nnamdi Kanu's bail, u people saw it as a necessity. He ignored Daduki's bail u believed Dasuki deserves it. Now he is doing same to ur brother you are talking abt a democracy in coma. U Yoruba's have seen nothing yet keep distancing urself from the south just because u are seeking power. U people will one day be the reason for your own destruction.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by DCmonster: 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
Stupid fucking gray haired cultist. Why not say dogs are more civilised than president buhari and see if you won't die in jail.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
Ebullience:
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

https://punchng.com/dogs-act-more-civilised-than-dss-soyinka/

That is a huge disrespect to the dogs.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by slowice(m): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2019
Lol.... Getting more interesting.
Meanwhile check out NEW NAME ALERT

D og. SS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 48 Fish Vendors Near Chad / 13 Facts About The Late James Ocholi / Guber Tribunal Judgement: We’ve Been Vindicated – Rivers APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.