Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised (34164 Views)

How Buhari’s Coronavirus Campaign Compares With Uk’s / Fani-Kayode Compares Obasanjo And Buhari (Pictures) / Nnamdi kanu loves dogs more than Igbos. Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Vatod(m): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2019
Welcome to the next level
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by mrskillz: 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where was Wole Soyinka when Nnamdi Kanu and Sambo Dasuki's bail were ignored, where was he when Nnamdi Kanu's family house was being desecrated by the military?

Why is Soyinka even complaining against a government whose emergence he actively worked for?
The chicken has come home to roost and they've begun whipping up empathy.

I refuse to buy in and it is simple.
I won't weep for you when your house is on fire if you didn't weep for me when mine was.

No way,

Sowore should pay the price for inciting a revolution against the government of the day out of animosity for not making the ministerial list.
The APC made it clear that they were not going to run a Government of National Unity, so what is Sowere's grouse?

Is it also a coincidence that his call for revolution came after the ministerial list was released?
How come he didn't call for a revolution when the Python danced unchecked in the hinterlands of the SouthEast or speak up when innocent people were thrown into captivity without trial just for having a Biafran insignia on them?

We have better things like Allen Onyema and Air Peace to worry about and I find it rather paradoxical that our dear Professor has not made a comment on the ordeals of Allen Onyema.

Soyinka dines with the people he criticizes and laughs to their faces, accepts their awards and shows up for their invitations.
Visits their official residences and takes happy photographs with them. Worse even, he allows his children to serve under them.

Aside not being as literarily sound, this two-faced nature is one of the reasons he will never be half the man Chinua Achebe was.

Chinua Achebe made his stand on issues unequivocally clear without any hues of grey, he turned down National awards based on personal principles, he never fraternized with people he believed made the country worse off and most importantly, he spoke out irrespective of whose ox it was that was being gored.

Wole Soyinka may have the unmerited award, but Achebe is the laurel itself.

How can the same people who said they couldn't trust Nigeria in the hands of Atiku "the looter" and "Made in China" Obi now complain that Nigeria is finished under their Mr. Intergrity and his Professor of Law vice?

No way.
Lalasti.clala please tell them that we must get to our Next Level, nobody is jumping off this ship.

It is okay to show solidarity to your ethnic group, but becareful cos bigotry may becloud your intelligence and make you appear unreasonablying stupid.

Let me ask you these 5 questions

1.So because, I work for you, even if you misbehave, I am condemned to clap for you?

2. Don't you think for you to find a way to compare Whole Soyinka with Achebe in a thread that has nothing to do with Achebe, you've only prove to be a pained, biased thinker or clout chaser?
From your anticident, I will call you both.

3. What exactly do you want him to say concerning Allen Onyemma; is he privy to any information that confirms his innocence or guilt?
Or are the rights of Allen Onyemma being stepped on as at now

If you know your history brother, you will understand that Wole Soyinka- by speaking up to authority has sacrificed his freedom for the people of the East much more than many of its leaders ; past and present.
BTW Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka were cool, I wonder why you are hot

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Dancos: 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2019
This is a Government of Nigeria, by Nigeria and for Nigerians. Welcome to the Next Level. Hip Hip Hip, Urrah. Buhari we love you. Please we the good people in Nigeria want you to stay another four years after 2023. May God give you long life and good health. Amen
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Yeung: 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2019
He have more live than you

U can't go far in life as long as u keep this hatred in you. And only fool see others as excuse for thier failure. RIP haters[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Staro: 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2019
Meaning that dogs are more civilised than Bubu
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by prof12(m): 4:16pm On Dec 07, 2019
Nwodosis:
We are in a militarized democracy!

That is what fits Nigeria.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by prof12(m): 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
Corrupt minded must leave Nigeria or change their mind set.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
[s]
jayfolarin:

No one is forcing you to buy anything boy. Y'all still treating this shit like it's manutd vs Chelsea but when tyranny finally comes to your front door (Yes YOURS!), don't be surprised if there is no one around to help with your story.

I'm sure your pettiness will always stand by you no matter the harshness of dss cells though, so at least you get to chop belleful on that.

What a dunce
[/s]

This sh1t is coming from somebody who voted Buhari

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by webngnews: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
When you employ touts as securities that’s what you get

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Hakinzo007: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
OruExpress:
Soyinka supported this regime.
He never knew things will turn out this way. Just like many others who supported.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by LIMELIGHTCRAZY: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
But DSS is more loyal to its OGa than BIngo

send your funny/unusual/interesting/weird/scary video to limelightcrazy@outlook.com
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by tintingz(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where was Wole Soyinka when Nnamdi Kanu and Sambo Dasuki's bail were ignored, where was he when Nnamdi Kanu's family house was being desecrated by the military?

Why is Soyinka even complaining against a government whose emergence he actively worked for?

I won't weep for you when your house is on fire if you didn't weep for me when mine was.

No way,

Sowore should pay the price for inciting a revolution against the government of the day out of animosity for not making the ministerial list.
The APC made it clear that they were not going to run a Government of National Unity, so what is Sowere's grouse?

Is it also a coincidence that his call for revolution came after the ministerial list was released?
How come he didn't call for a revolution when the Python danced unchecked in the hinterlands of the SouthEast or speak up when innocent people were thrown into captivity without trial just for having a Biafran insignia on them?

We have better things like Allen Onyema and Air Peace to worry about and I find it rather paradoxical that our dear Professor has not made a comment on the ordeals of Allen Onyema.

Soyinka dines with the people he criticizes and laughs to their faces, accepts their awards and shows up for their invitations.
Visits their official residences and takes happy photographs with them. Worse even, he allows his children to serve under them.

Aside not being as literarily sound, this two-faced nature is one of the reasons he will never be half the man Chinua Achebe was.

Chinua Achebe made his stand on issues unequivocally clear without any hues of grey, he turned down National awards based on personal principles, he never fraternized with people he believed made the country worse off and most importantly, he spoke out irrespective of whose ox it was that was being gored.

How can the same people who said they couldn't trust Nigeria in the hands of Atiku "the looter" and "Made in China" Obi now complain that Nigeria is finished under their Mr. Intergrity and his Professor of Law vice?

No way.
Lalasti.clala please tell them that we must get to our Next Level, nobody is jumping off this ship.

You're not bright.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by femixx: 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

Chinua Achebe made his stand on issues unequivocally clear without any hues of grey, he turned down National awards based on personal principles, he never fraternized with people he believed made th[b][/b]e country worse off and most importantly, he spoke out irrespective of whose ox it was that was being gored.

No way.

The bolded shows how intellectually low you are. In another view, can we agree that hatred for a particular tribe has dimmed your capacity to see and cope with facts and reality?

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by nkwuocha1: 5:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
[[s]quote author=Wailerint post=84707008]To my eastern brothers n sisters, you really need self examination. So because people refused to support GEJ, that mean they usher in Tyrant.
Neither of them was a good choice for Nigeria but GEJ was even worse of.
You guys should for one stop the blame game and let’s work as one to kick against bad leadership (not IPOB style)till we find one irrespective of its religious or ethical race.
Let us believe in one Nigeria and be ready to protect it even from the bad leaders we’ve had or will have as the case may be.
Our leaders knows we rather fight ourselves rather than cooperate to vote them out. [/quote[/s]]

To your tents O! Israel.Enjoy the useless contraption called Nigeria.We want out!Kapish?!?
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by nkwuocha1: 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hakinzo007:

He never knew things will turn out this way. Just like many others who supported.

How foolish can he be!Was he blind,deaf and dumb between 1983-85
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by nkwuocha1: 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
[[s]quote author=femixx post=84710004]

The bolded shows how intellectually low you are. In another view, can we agree that hatred for a particular tribe has dimmed your capacity to see and cope with facts and reality?[/quote][/s]

Let the man be!He is not the cause of Nigeria's hopeless misfortune as a kangaroo nation.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by texazzpete(m): 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
OruExpress:
Soyinka supported this regime.

No. He never did that.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by xelly: 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
id911:
DSS is an illegal organisation, it should be disbanded. For the first time in history anywhere in the world, state agents entered a court room in the presence of a judge to arrest someone standing trial in the same court. God, what a sacrilege!

Very funny. I wonder if they arrested him to take him to......I don't know. Do they view the court room as an illegal gathering? I just can't fathom.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by ajl: 5:10pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.

Who is this nonentity with lopsided mentality. Read over what you posted one more time. What concern Achebe or Nobel laureate award with this issue. Can you folks ever get off your personal hatred and "dark energy". It kills from within and shrinks people of your kind from blossoming in the real world. Go get some therapeutic help if you can't fight this alone.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Smooyis(m): 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.
All this epistle is unnecessary. Respond to what he said and stop trying to fan the ember of tribal discord. Every one has both strength and weakness even your Mr Achebe. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by ideylaff: 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
jayfolarin:

No one is forcing you to buy anything boy. Y'all still treating this shit like it's manutd vs Chelsea but when tyranny finally comes to your front door (Yes YOURS!), don't be surprised if there is no one around to help with your story.

I'm sure your pettiness will always stand by you no matter the harshness of dss cells though, so at least you get to chop belleful on that.

What a dunce

well said ....some people dont need to be engaged.....
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by ideylaff: 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
Smooyis:

All this epistle is unnecessary. Respond to what he said and stop trying to fan the ember of tribal discord. Every one has both strength and weakness even your Mr Achebe. shocked shocked shocked

Both Chinua and Soyinka have mutual respect for each other so im wondering why this fella is using Panadol for headache that does not exist....

Sad hes stopped so low over an issue of National interest...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by ajl: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
somebody brought freedom of information bill, these people rejected and sent him away, now the person that they clamoured for is now trying bring "keep quite" bill

Even after all the revelations, you guys are still crying over Jonathan 2015 election loss? So, what should we prefer?

Corrupt incompetence and a weak president or a corrupt tyrant? We want none of the two, so that's why a sensible citizen will stand against each. And you won't seek to replace one with another except we are trying to play God by claiming prior to 2015 election that we could see tomorrow. Once beaten twice shy you should say. That's enough.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2019
4-7 C
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by ajl: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
BluntBoy:

So, he should have supported GEJ who failed woefully even with a team of world class economists?

The 2015 election was between GEJ and Buhari. And if you looked at it well, you would know that anyone with sense would have chosen Buhari. In 2015, we were in that period of our lives where we needed a strong leader to stem the level of corruption ravaging the country.

The Economist itself accused the GEJ administration of having no will to save or fight corruption. Buhari came with the corruption mantra. His antecedents spoke for him. A no-nonsense man who was not afraid to step on toes and get things right.

If we had let GEJ continue, I am sure we would never have survived the recession.

And Jonathan would have welcomed IMF recommendation with open arms. Go ask Argentina. Their inflation level is over 50%. We many people like us supported Buhari because of the fact that most thought he could fight Boko Haram and corruption better. Why? Because he seemed to be a no-nonsense individual and military general. But he now turned out to be a disaster. The wakeup call for me was the mass killing by his kinsmen in the middle belt. And this cold-hearted man even attended a public wedding in the middle of the killing. That hit me
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Iskra: 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.

Well said. Let anyone that think you spoke wrongly go and investigate the liaison between justice and liberty....only a dunce per excellence will disagree with the validity of points you raised

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Teetop22(f): 5:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
You no well �������
sLentlover7778:
Although Dog and DSS are both three letter words..but i think it's an insult to compare dog to DSS.. for crying out loud.. a dog was honored by US president ( Donald Trump )

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Teetop22(f): 5:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
You no well ������� lol
sLentlover7778:
Although Dog and DSS are both three letter words..but i think it's an insult to compare dog to DSS.. for crying out loud.. a dog was honored by US president ( Donald Trump )

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Mrexcell(m): 5:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
yanabasee:
I hope, Sowore will endure this suffering till Buhari finish his tenure.... Afterall, He campaigned and voted for Buhari.....

I truly wish him well...

He might not even come out alive from the dss costody if the story I just read here of him being poisoned by one of the dss personnel is true.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Chicastle: 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2019
Nwodosis:
We are in a militarized democracy!

Were military not better than this one?
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by kelzgie: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.

Lol..wow!!¡!!!your alphabetical cohesion and lyrical gyration is awesome.,..
But..you are Igbo sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Over One Million Bags Of "Tinubu Rice" Flood North East / INEC Awards N434million Contract To Binani’s Printing Firm / FG Procures ‘Used’ Mass Transit Buses For Nigerians - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.