Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised (34340 Views)

How Buhari’s Coronavirus Campaign Compares With Uk’s / Fani-Kayode Compares Obasanjo And Buhari (Pictures) / Nnamdi kanu loves dogs more than Igbos. Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Thetruthshallse(m): 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
This same Shoyinka one idiot is lambasting on the first page, was one of the elite Yorubaman that supports Biafra during the war. I know the hatred your fore-bearers have for the Yoruba's will not let them tell you this. The same sowore you people are hating on, was instrumental to Jonathan ascention to the presidency. But you people conveniently forgot that. Yoruba people don't support evil, that why we are omoluabi's. When sowore began his madness, do you see Yoruba people supporting him? But when the state did something wrong my people the omoluabi's will talk. That's what the igbos are not getting. We don't support criminality. You can take that to the bank.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Mujtahida: 6:20pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where was Wole Soyinka when Nnamdi Kanu and Sambo Dasuki's bail were ignored, where was he when Nnamdi Kanu's family house was being desecrated by the military?

Why is Soyinka even complaining against a government whose emergence he actively worked for?
The chicken has come home to roost and they've begun whipping up empathy.

I refuse to buy in and it is simple.
I won't weep for you when your house is on fire if you didn't weep for me when mine was.

No way,

Sowore should pay the price for inciting a revolution against the government of the day out of animosity for not making the ministerial list.
The APC made it clear that they were not going to run a Government of National Unity, so what is Sowere's grouse?

Is it also a coincidence that his call for revolution came after the ministerial list was released?
How come he didn't call for a revolution when the Python danced unchecked in the hinterlands of the SouthEast or speak up when innocent people were thrown into captivity without trial just for having a Biafran insignia on them?

We have better things like Allen Onyema and Air Peace to worry about and I find it rather paradoxical that our dear Professor has not made a comment on the ordeals of Allen Onyema.

Soyinka dines with the people he criticizes and laughs to their faces, accepts their awards and shows up for their invitations.
Visits their official residences and takes happy photographs with them. Worse even, he allows his children to serve under them.

Aside not being as literarily sound, this two-faced nature is one of the reasons he will never be half the man Chinua Achebe was.

Chinua Achebe made his stand on issues unequivocally clear without any hues of grey, he turned down National awards based on personal principles, he never fraternized with people he believed made the country worse off and most importantly, he spoke out irrespective of whose ox it was that was being gored.

Wole Soyinka may have the unmerited award, but Achebe is the laurel itself.

How can the same people who said they couldn't trust Nigeria in the hands of Atiku "the looter" and "Made in China" Obi now complain that Nigeria is finished under their Mr. Intergrity and his Professor of Law vice?

No way.
Lalasti.clala please tell them that we must get to our Next Level, nobody is jumping off this ship.
Keep shut about Achebe. I love him dearly but if you have savored great literature you'd know Achebe was very pedestrian.

Where were you when Wole tried to stop the biafran war, where were you when he spent two years in solitary confinement?where were you when he stood tall wrestling Abacha?

He has earned his stripes as a human rights activist.

Go and fight your own battles. It's your time
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by VanSARS: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where was Wole Soyinka when Nnamdi Kanu and Sambo Dasuki's bail were ignored, where was he when Nnamdi Kanu's family house was being desecrated by the military?
Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

Why is Soyinka even complaining against a government whose emergence he actively worked for?

I won't weep for you when your house is on fire if you didn't weep for me when mine was.

No way,

Sowore should pay the price for inciting a revolution against the government of the day out of animosity for not making the ministerial list.
The APC made it clear that they were not going to run a Government of National Unity, so what is Sowere's grouse?

Is it also a coincidence that his call for revolution came after the ministerial list was released?
How come he didn't call for a revolution when the Python danced unchecked in the hinterlands of the SouthEast or speak up when innocent people were thrown into captivity without trial just for having a Biafran insignia on them?

We have better things like Allen Onyema and Air Peace to worry about and I find it rather paradoxical that our dear Professor has not made a comment on the ordeals of Allen Onyema.

Soyinka dines with the people he criticizes and laughs to their faces, accepts their awards and shows up for their invitations.
Visits their official residences and takes happy photographs with them. Worse even, he allows his children to serve under them.

Aside not being as literarily sound, this two-faced nature is one of the reasons he will never be half the man Chinua Achebe was.

Chinua Achebe made his stand on issues unequivocally clear without any hues of grey, he turned down National awards based on personal principles, he never fraternized with people he believed made the country worse off and most importantly, he spoke out irrespective of whose ox it was that was being gored.

How can the same people who said they couldn't trust Nigeria in the hands of Atiku "the looter" and "Made in China" Obi now complain that Nigeria is finished under their Mr. Intergrity and his Professor of Law vice?

No way.
Lalasti.clala please tell them that we must get to our Next Level, nobody is jumping off this ship.

so
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by shadeyinka(m): 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.
Myopic reasoning at its peak.
The stick used to beat the first wife is in the cellar for the brand new wife. It's a matter of time, it will be your turn
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by IMRAAN33(m): 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.
your are right, what goes around comes around!�ez

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Dancos: 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
They give him free accomodation and feeding. Why are the west always complaining. They are fighting amongst themselves. Tinubu wants to be president, osibanjo wants to be president. They must sacrifice sowore for them to be president.Remember abiola was sacrificed for obasanjo to be president in nigeria some years back. History repeats itself in nigeria.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by 1kinggy(m): 8:20pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.

What exactly is your headache?
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by sayisayi(m): 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
WHITELIGHTER:

Aren't u guys tired of this? Must we dwell on what they did or say in the past? Our democracy is in serious coma and u guys keep digging same old grave

A fool disregards history. It is where you find the truth of a person.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by mushystuff: 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
jayfolarin:

No one is forcing you to buy anything boy. Y'all still treating this shit like it's manutd vs Chelsea but when tyranny finally comes to your front door (Yes YOURS!), don't be surprised if there is no one around to help with your story.

I'm sure your pettiness will always stand by you no matter the harshness of dss cells though, so at least you get to chop belleful on that.

What a dunce

In so.e other thread I asked whom you referred to as tyrant. With this it is clear you are referring to Buhari and his government.
Tell me, was his tyrannical inclination ever hidden as at 2014 leading up to 2015 when people like you supported and voted him into office? Why would you deliberately invite a demon in then start looking for sane people that warned you to join in some exorcism when you haven't even acknowledged your wrong judgement? Is it some brand of selective amnesia or madness?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by mushystuff: 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
obembet:

U can't go far in life as long as u keep this hatred in you. And only fool see others as excuse for thier failure. RIP haters

I quite agree with you @the bold part: it's only fools that saw or still see Jonathan as enough excuse/reason to vote Buhari and today they expect everyone to join hands and fight tyranny.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by mushystuff: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
DatsAll1mSayin:

Again with this nonsense of revisiting the past and playing the ethnic card.

I would expect someone with the brain of a kolanut to act more matured much less you with all your eloquence.

The bitterness that you harbour will eventually consume you.

Note:
For all those who continue to support this government and ANY government of the past, either APC or PDP, what you sow you will eventually reap.

It is only a matter of time.

Are there any Patriots left?

If Soyinka and Sowore did not condemn the wicked python dance, wanton murder and incarceration of Igbo youths and proscription of IPOB as fellow countrymen undergoing the worst form of oppression why should the same victims be expected to join hands to fight same tyranny and oppression now Sowore is on the receiving end?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by mushystuff: 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2019
BluntBoy:

So, he should have supported GEJ who failed woefully even with a team of world class economists?

The 2015 election was between GEJ and Buhari. And if you looked at it well, you would know that anyone with sense would have chosen Buhari. In 2015, we were in that period of our lives where we needed a strong leader to stem the level of corruption ravaging the country.

The Economist itself accused the GEJ administration of having no will to save or fight corruption. Buhari came with the corruption mantra. His antecedents spoke for him. A no-nonsense man who was not afraid to step on toes and get things right.

If we had let GEJ continue, I am sure we would never have survived the recession.

The same antecedents of blatant disregard for human rights and the rile of law as well is absolute ignorance and ineptitude were clear for all to see and they are roundly manifest today. Is this really the bust best option out of all presidential aspirants in 2015 and 2019?
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by DozieInc(m): 10:18pm On Dec 07, 2019
Dogs have more honour
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by DONFASZY(m): 2:14am On Dec 08, 2019
Goats pls

Point of correction

Or idiots jack ass
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by femarse: 7:40am On Dec 08, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.

you would have a made some point if u hadn't compare soyinka to Achebe , and your sentiment stems not from fact but ethnic bigotry, I had read all of achebe's book , I mean all of them while I only read only one of soyinka's book ...just one and yet I am from the south west but why I won't go this petty on the Nobel prize was because everyone (mostly professor who was there at the award venue that day said soyinka deserve it ) Every one knew it's either soyinka or achebe that will win and both thoroughly deserve it ...more importantly soyinka deserve it

the Bleep u are again to say he did not and achebe is the Laurel ? says who? u care to show one of your work that makes u think u deserve an opinion in this matter ?
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by kolade560: 11:56am On Dec 08, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.
You are a tribalistic analyst, having cogent points there in,.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by OruExpress: 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
Hakinzo007:

He never knew things will turn out this way. Just like many others who supported.

he was a full adult the first time Buhari was in power doing the exact same thing as he is doing now.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by GreyLaw(m): 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
roymary:

What makes him two-faced? Buhari conned everybody that supported him.

He lied his way into power. He’s a great pretender and Now he can’t hide his hideous character any longer

undecided

No sir! Buhari did not con objective people. Let me help you understand this. Who in his right mind would vote for a criminal coup plotter who destroyed a democratically elected government? Even in an alternate universe Buhari should be forbidden from coming out for democratic posts let alone being voted president.

Those who voted for him should do a serious soul searching.
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by orisa37: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Ajibade123(m): 10:40am On Dec 09, 2019
Truth though
see 40 strength personalities you need to imbibe and weaknesses to avoid https://explicitsuccess.com/personality-strengths-and-weaknesses/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abba Kyari: NDLEA Reveals More Details On Drug Deal / Boko Haram Kills 48 Fish Vendors Near Chad / 13 Facts About The Late James Ocholi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.