Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) (60815 Views)

Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro / A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach / Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by davillian(m): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
chukwugoziegi:

I said it but they thought me to be a fool. I went there last week and didn't leave until 7:15pm. By the time I was leaving, there were still boats on the beach.

But for safety its better to leave before it gets dark...
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
Fun means different things to different people. I have come to realise that where there is no crowd most Nigerian term it as boring, for me i think it is one of my most favourite beaches, I love its exclusivity.

Blackpearlous:

Let it remain underrated.. It's not so easy to access and you have to create fun yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by ayandee: 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
I was there in 1992 as a j.s.s 1. pupil. Beach was pristine. Can't forget the experience. We even sailed on a ship which took us through ogogoro village and snake island. We had great fun
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by warrenweste(m): 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
Godyke:

You are very much welcome. You can go to the island from Obalende through any of these two Jetties. The first Jetty is under the officers mess bridge near the onikan stadium. That is, coming from Bonny Camp Victoria island into Onikan end of the bridge. This is for only speed boat. Alternatively you can use the CMS marina Jetty where you can go with LAGFERRY on weekdays only or speedboat at their current jetty just after the BRT bus shelter coming from CMS. Hope you know how to find your way from Obalende to CMS or Onikan officers mess. Bike or Keke can take you to either of these two places with just N200 or less.

Thanks much
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by gibsonwales(m): 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
Greetings Nairalanders, mek we organise GET TOGETHER for Tarkwa Bay dis December naa. We go just meet for Obalende/CMS and ride together. No donation ! Mek everybodi carry 'em moni/MenuMenu cum. I go like meet una ooo
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nigeria is really a mediocre country…. Go to place like Luanda in Angola and other african countries and see the beauty of their beach and sea side.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by VanEFCC: 8:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
travelwaka:
I think Tarkwa Bay bay is one of the most underrated beaches in Lagos. Tarkwa bay is located on an island off the Lagos coast, It is an artificial shelter built to protect the Lagos Harbour. Tarkwa bay was built in the sixties and it is one of the most popular destinations for all kinds of water sports.

Because Tarkwa Bay is an Island, it, therefore, cannot be accessed through land, you need a boat to get to Tarkwa bay. This even made it an interesting place to visit. If you are a lover of adventure like me, it's time to check this off your list and if you are scared of water. Oh come on , its time to overcome your fears.

To get to Tarkwa Bay you need to get to one of the three main jetties where you can get a public boat to Tarkwa bay, however if you have the money to get a private boat, then you can also visit any of the private jetties on the Island.
the cost of getting a local boat known as Banana boat varies from 1,000 to 3,000 for a return trip, however it could sometimes go up as 4,000

Here are the three main jetties
a. Mekwe Jetty Bonny Camp
b. Tarzan Jetty
c. Marina Jetty / CMS
Abeg , I Must say oooo , Instead of Reading Latest Nigeria News i prefer listening to Good Top Naija Songs Biko ooooo

Here are beautiful pictures and Videos from Tarkwa bay

1. The jetty at Bonny Camp
2. Water sports along
3. Tarkwa Bay Beach tents
4. Section of Tarkwa bay

Website: https://www.travelwaka.com/tarkwa-bay-beach-a-beautiful-island-off-the-coast-of-lagos/
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by poweredcom(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
Very nice place I ave been there
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by chukwugoziegi: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
davillian:

But for safety its better to leave before it gets dark...

I know but there is something about the water..... I love swimming in it for hours and playing handball with my Guys.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Creativebae(f): 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
I will love to go sha oo.. But ehn, crossing water not my thing.. Not to talk of entering boat. ..The body is willing but the mind is damn scared. . Never entered pool self cool
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2019
tck2000:
If all the boats leaves and you are the only one left,just prepare to spend your night with Mammy Water!
lolz grin
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
YurFatHer:
hope maami water no disturb your journey?

There's nothing like such
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Blackpearlous(f): 11:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
travelwaka:
Fun means different things to different people. I have come to realise that where there is no crowd most Nigerian term it as boring, for me i think it is one of my most favourite beaches, I love its exclusivity.

Yes I do too.. But I expected more, since I have to make the trip down, let the beach give me something more.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by damoladeji(m): 1:02am On Dec 10, 2019
tck2000:
If all the boats leaves and you are the only one left,just prepare to spend your night with Mammy Water!
grin
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Kpilo101: 10:14am On Dec 10, 2019
khalidx:
inferiority complex no go kill us
Nothing iferioinferiority here. Read again and understand the point i was making.. thank you.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by omoharry(f): 10:33am On Dec 10, 2019
Vision2045:

Dirty... I disagree
Under developed... I agree slightly

But I will choose her calmness and serenity over elegushi and the popular ones 100 times
ok..but there are far better beaches than this..have you been to Akodu beach?(dont know if i got the spelling right) .It is after Eleko Beach.
There are two other nice beaches around that area in Epe though it is far but its worth it.The environment is like that of the Caribbean beach.She has beautify palm trees and clean air. The sand is white with no single dirt there.It is very quiet and lovely The beach is blue.. That is the beach I use to visit..there is one other beach, I have forgotten the name..They said late Pa Awolowo stayed there for some time and there is even a museum in his name.
The beach is maintained by the Oba of Ife. All these Elegushi and other beaches c around lekki axis are not clean and they are too noisy and rowdy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Halimat04(f): 11:44am On Dec 10, 2019
Lobatan grin
tck2000:
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Alzirida(f): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
webshopNG:

Going alone?

Yes
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
omoharry:
ok..but there are far better beaches than this..have you been to Akodu beach?(dont know if i got the spelling right) .It is after Eleko Beach.
There are two other nice beaches around that area in Epe though it is far but its worth it.The environment is like that of the Caribbean beach.She has beautify palm trees and clean air. The sand is white with no single dirt there.It is very quiet and lovely The beach is blue.. That is the beach I use to visit..there is one other beach, I have forgotten the name..They said late Pa Awolowo stayed there for some time and there is even a museum in his name.
The beach is maintained by the Oba of Ife. All these Elegushi and other beaches c around lekki axis are not clean and they are too noisy and rowdy.

There are lots of beautiful beaches in Lagos the issue is they are far, plus the reason why most of the beaches close to us is dirty is because most of the people visiting this beaches dont respect nature always littering everywhere

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2019
Alzirida:

Yes
Ok in pH atm...I sent you a DM. Should be in Lagos around that time too

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by hefelove(m): 12:20am On Dec 31, 2019
Please for the price if the boat I went to the one close to onikan stadium to ask for the price of the boat last year I think they told me 1500 to NC fro now I'm seeing 500 and op is saying 1000 to 4000 please I'm confused Im planning on going on Sunday
Godyke:
In addition to the above description by OP, Tarkwa bay is a historical land. It is just a part of several communities that makes up island that stretches all the way to the coast of Badagry. The island host other communities such as Abagbo, Ebute Oko, Tomaro, Agala, Oko Kate, NPA store village, Ogogoro village, Light house village and so many others. It is also hosting the massive Atlas cove petroleum products Depot owned by PPMC, a subsidiary of NNPC. There is also a military guarded vessel offloading jetty for imported petroleum products as seen in one of the pictures attached. The Island was originally occupied by some Ghanaian fishermen mailnly from a city call Tarkwa in Ghana. Most of the indigenous people of the island are of Beninois and Togolese background. There is a particular part of the island that is reserved for guest houses of several companies such as Cappa, Shell, First Bank, Union Bank, YMCA and lots more. Even the Nigeria Police and other Nigeria Armed Forces are not left out . Even the famous Tarzan and his brother Taofeek the owner of Fiki jetty beside the Falomo bridge at Victoria island are both products of the island. There are lots of natural and fresh food from both the seas and from the forest. Coconut is in excess as well as various kinds of sea food. Crime rate is almost zero as it is impossible for criminals to operate and escape freely. The beach is one of the calmest beach in the state. Anyone can swim in it as it sometimes as calm as a swimming pool on a good day. Although a part of the beach is rough enough for surfing. It is one of the best destination for international visitors. The transport fare to the island is not as expensive as portrayed. On weekdays, fare by speed boats is N300 while the more slower but safer Lagos Ferry is N200. But the fare on weekends is around N400 to N500 for the mainly speed boats because the Lagos Ferry service does not operate on weekends which leaves the speed boat as the only option. The Island is directly opposite the Eko Atlantic City as you can see from the pictures from the OP. The two islands, Tarkwa bay and Victoria Island is separated by just a channel of less five hundred meters with massive ships passing through to and from Apapa or Tin can ports. The ship are so close that you can almost touch them as the sail past which make it a very interesting sight to behold. You can yell at somebody at the either side of the island and they will hear each other. The Island is under Eti osa local government of Lagos state. These and many more are my best memories about this awesome island.

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Godyke(m): 11:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
hefelove:
Please for the price if the boat I went to the one close to onikan stadium to ask for the price of the boat last year I think they told me 1500 to NC fro now I'm seeing 500 and op is saying 1000 to 4000 please I'm confused Im planning on going on Sunday

Sorry, kindly redirect your message cause I am not clear with what you meant by 1500 to NC fro now. But the standard fare is N300 by speed boat on weekdays by private speed boats while the LAGFERRY is N200, but LAGFERRY is not available during weekend. The price on weekend is around 400 to 500.You may go to the CMS jetty if the Onikan Jetty is too expensive
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Equity15(m): 8:52am On Mar 06, 2021
ArticleBeast:

When you criticize tend to proffer solution
just what was on my mind before I saw your post
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by AlphaSoul: 8:49pm On Jan 03
travelwaka:
I think Tarkwa Bay bay is one of the most underrated beaches in Lagos. Tarkwa bay is located on an island off the Lagos coast, It is an artificial shelter built to protect the Lagos Harbour. Tarkwa bay was built in the sixties and it is one of the most popular destinations for all kinds of water sports.

Because Tarkwa Bay is an Island, it, therefore, cannot be accessed through land, you need a boat to get to Tarkwa bay. This even made it an interesting place to visit. If you are a lover of adventure like me, it's time to check this off your list and if you are scared of water. Oh come on , its time to overcome your fears.

To get to Tarkwa Bay you need to get to one of the three main jetties where you can get a public boat to Tarkwa bay, however if you have the money to get a private boat, then you can also visit any of the private jetties on the Island.
the cost of getting a local boat known as Banana boat varies from 1,000 to 3,000 for a return trip, however it could sometimes go up as 4,000

Here are the three main jetties
a. Mekwe Jetty Bonny Camp
b. Tarzan Jetty
c. Marina Jetty / CMS

Here are beautiful pictures and Videos from Tarkwa bay

1. The jetty at Bonny Camp
2. Water sports along
3. Tarkwa Bay Beach tents
4. Section of Tarkwa bay

Website: https://www.travelwaka.com/tarkwa-bay-beach-a-beautiful-island-off-the-coast-of-lagos/
Bump.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) / Inside The Kaduna-abuja Train Shared By A Twitter User (photos) / Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.