Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) (60803 Views)

Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro / A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach / Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by omoharry(f): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Its dirty and very under developed.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by emonis88: 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
R there hotels where u can get a room incase u want to sleep over?

2 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by livebyday(m): 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
Beautiful?

undecided
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Afospecialk: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
It's lozation address in Lagos pls .?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Tokenism: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
So Is there a low cost guest house in case I miss the last boat?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by proxillin(m): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
waxxydude:
Dumbasses like you will always talk.

Very dry but we can see plenty water there.

Must you expose the baboon part of you publicly?

Dry = Boring...

U can see who is dumb here

6 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Kufie(m): 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
travelwaka what’s the cost of riding the quad bike please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Auxigen(m): 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
tck2000:
If all the boats leaves and you are the only one left,just prepare to spend your night with Mammy Water!
Be sincere..have you seen one before?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Auxigen(m): 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
sthecy:
It was truly a very nice to behold
* nice place to behold* wink
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by meobizy(f): 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
I’ll head there on the 16th, thereabout.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Racoon(m): 4:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nice place! Good natural scenery! Lagos has potentials kiss
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
sthecy:
It was truly a very nice to behold
Hi
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by izibili44: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
Auxigen:

ASK Sir Victor Uwaifo
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
Alzirida:
I will be there 27th.
Drone image would have been better
Letz go 2gether. Dec 26th boxing day if interested. cheesy
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 09, 2019
cool
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Necxs: 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
M.I ft Waje One naira[color=#000099][/color]
If you say we gon follow chop Kwakwa...
Then we living by the bay, TARKWA...
Friends with Opera and ObaMa...
Guess who gon be my baby MaMa...
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by WildChild00(m): 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
You mean no more Ikebe super in that beach grin
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by BlackfireX: 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2019
tck2000:
If all the boats leaves and you are the only one left,just prepare to spend your night with Mammy Water!

That is exactly my plan.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2019
chukwugoziegi:

The last boat does not leave by 6pm.
yes it does but trust me if you try this on busy weekend you might sleep at the beach
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
Kufie:
travelwaka what’s the cost of riding the quad bike please?

Varies between 1,000 and 1500
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Shishanwaaba(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
Help me thank God my Nairaland brethren. My girlfriend finally sees her mensural period after drinking Shiloh holy water

Neyoohpompy:
Sponsored post...Nonsense BAY....Going with my babe to BAY is bad

2 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by selch(m): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
How much for the beach bikes ride?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
Wow! I will take obembet and ishilove there on the 32nd of December cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by cabsking: 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
Pls make it 28th
I will b e there on that day
Alzirida:
I will be there 27th.

Drone image would have been better
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Godyke(m): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
In addition to the above description by OP, Tarkwa bay is a historical land. It is just a part of several communities that makes up island that stretches all the way to the coast of Badagry. The island host other communities such as Abagbo, Ebute Oko, Tomaro, Agala, Oko Kate, NPA store village, Ogogoro village, Light house village and so many others. It is also hosting the massive Atlas cove petroleum products Depot owned by PPMC, a subsidiary of NNPC. There is also a military guarded vessel offloading jetty for imported petroleum products as seen in one of the pictures attached. The Island was originally occupied by some Ghanaian fishermen mailnly from a city call Tarkwa in Ghana. Most of the indigenous people of the island are of Beninois and Togolese background. There is a particular part of the island that is reserved for guest houses of several companies such as Cappa, Shell, First Bank, Union Bank, YMCA and lots more. Even the Nigeria Police and other Nigeria Armed Forces are not left out . Even the famous Tarzan and his brother Taofeek the owner of Fiki jetty beside the Falomo bridge at Victoria island are both products of the island. There are lots of natural and fresh food from both the seas and from the forest. Coconut is in excess as well as various kinds of sea food. Crime rate is almost zero as it is impossible for criminals to operate and escape freely. The beach is one of the calmest beach in the state. Anyone can swim in it as it sometimes as calm as a swimming pool on a good day. Although a part of the beach is rough enough for surfing. It is one of the best destination for international visitors. The transport fare to the island is not as expensive as portrayed. On weekdays, fare by speed boats is N300 while the more slower but safer Lagos Ferry is N200. But the fare on weekends is around N400 to N500 for the mainly speed boats because the Lagos Ferry service does not operate on weekends which leaves the speed boat as the only option. The Island is directly opposite the Eko Atlantic City as you can see from the pictures from the OP. The two islands, Tarkwa bay and Victoria Island is separated by just a channel of less five hundred meters with massive ships passing through to and from Apapa or Tin can ports. The ship are so close that you can almost touch them as the sail past which make it a very interesting sight to behold. You can yell at somebody at the either side of the island and they will hear each other. The Island is under Eti osa local government of Lagos state. These and many more are my best memories about this awesome island.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Earlystar698(m): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
Can 5k reach me from Oshodi to the beach exclude Tf
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Peezol: 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
Beautiful
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by profilemessages: 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
tourism and millions of other ways to generate revenue than the oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, all the time

I hope we wake up from slumber one day!!!
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by khalidx: 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
Kpilo101:
So, wity they baff for we contri wata?
inferiority complex no go kill us
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by tck2000(m): 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2019
Auxigen:

Bro,i was just joking.I don't believe they exist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) / Japa: 10 Countries People NEVER Regret And REGRET Moving To / Inside The Kaduna-abuja Train Shared By A Twitter User (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.