Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) (60821 Views)

Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro / A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach / Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
meobizy:
I’ll head there on the 16th, thereabout.

We are having a luxury boat ride there on 15th you can join here http://www.travelwaka.com/join-our-tours/
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Earlystar698:
Can 5k reach me from Oshodi to the beach exclude Tf

Yes it can.. Last time I went... I spent less than 2k... 500 boat ride..return was 400...they were less people around so no gate fee.... Buy your drink join body.. And hold like 1000 for chair rental.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
emonis88:
R there hotels where u can get a room incase u want to sleep over?

Yes... The good ones...4k-10k

Fair ones... Like 2k.. Not advisable though cos of security over nite
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by tck2000(m): 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
BlackfireX:

That is exactly my plan.
Jesus so you aren't afraid?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by tck2000(m): 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
BlackfireX:

That is exactly my plan.
Jesus so you aren't afraid?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
omoharry:
Its dirty and very under developed.

Dirty... I disagree
Under developed... I agree slightly

But I will choose her calmness and serenity over elegushi and the popular ones 100 times
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by warrenweste(m): 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
Godyke:
In addition to the above description by OP, Tarkwa bay is a historical land. It is just a part of several communities that makes up island that stretches all the way to the coast of Badagry. The island host other communities such as Abagbo, Ebute Oko, Tomaro, Agala, Oko Kate, NPA store village, Ogogoro village, Light house village and so many others. It is also hosting the massive Atlas cove petroleum products Depot owned by PPMC, a subsidiary of NNPC. There is also a military guarded vessel offloading jetty for imported petroleum products as seen in one of the pictures attached. The Island was originally occupied by some Ghanaian fishermen mailnly from a city call Tarkwa in Ghana. Most of the indigenous people of the island are of Beninois and Togolese background. There is a particular part of the island that is reserved for guest houses of several companies such as Cappa, Shell, First Bank, Union Bank, YMCA and lots more. Even the Nigeria Police and other Nigeria Armed Forces are not left out . Even the famous Tarzan and his brother Taofeek the owner of Fiki jetty beside the Falomo bridge at Victoria island are both products of the island. There are lots of natural and fresh food from both the seas and from the forest. Coconut is in excess as well as various kinds of sea food. Crime rate is almost zero as it is impossible for criminals to operate and escape freely. The beach is one of the calmest beach in the state. Anyone can swim in it as it sometimes as calm as a swimming pool on a good day. Although a part of the beach is rough enough for surfing. It is one of the best destination for international visitors. The transport fare to the island is not as expensive as portrayed. On weekdays, fare by speed boats is N300 while the more slower but safer Lagos Ferry is N200. But the fare on weekends is around N400 to N500 for the mainly speed boats because the Lagos Ferry service does not operate on weekends which leaves the speed boat as the only option. The Island is directly opposite the Eko Atlantic City as you can see from the pictures from the OP. The two islands, Tarkwa bay and Victoria Island is separated by just a channel of less five hundred meters with massive ships passing through to and from Apapa or Tin can ports. The ship are so close that you can almost touch them as the sail past which make it a very interesting sight to behold. You can yell at somebody at the either side of the island and they will hear each other. The Island is under Eti osa local government of Lagos state. These and many more are my best memories about this awesome island.

Thanks for your input..how can one get to the island from obalenede?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Koolking(m): 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
I have been searching for accurate direction to get to Takwa Bay Beach. Here It is
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by welzyj2(m): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
25th
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Ishilove: 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Goalnaldo:
Wow! I will take obembet and ishilove there on the 32nd of December cheesy cheesy
Broke niggarrr
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Earlystar698(m): 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Vision2045:

Yes it can.. Last time I went... I spent less than 2k... 500 boat ride..return was 400...they were less people around so no gate fee.... Buy your drink join body.. And hold like 1000 for chair rental.
which chair rental... I no do party na , is just to go snap picture and look around that is all
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by RichDad1(m): 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
warrenweste:

From Obalende, get to CMS. The boats are available at the CMS Jetty.

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by davillian(m): 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2019
tck2000:
If all the boats leaves and you are the only one left,just prepare to spend your night with Mammy Water!
Lmao
But there are people on the island
You can flex till the next morning there....
The last boat doesn't leave by 6pm....
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Slimsly100(f): 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
tck2000:
If all the boats leaves and you are the only one left,just prepare to spend your night with Mammy Water!

grin grin grin
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Jaynom(m): 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
travelwaka:
You'd find a lot of tourists including foreign tourists . you will find lots of foreign nationals on the beach. Once in a while, you will also find a lot of water sports activities around the beach.
inferiority complex what is FOREIGN TOURISTS? undecided
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Godyke(m): 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
warrenweste:

You are very much welcome. You can go to the island from Obalende through any of these two Jetties. The first Jetty is under the officers mess bridge near the onikan stadium. That is, coming from Bonny Camp Victoria island into Onikan end of the bridge. This is for only speed boat. Alternatively you can use the CMS marina Jetty where you can go with LAGFERRY on weekdays only or speedboat at their current jetty just after the BRT bus shelter coming from CMS. Hope you know how to find your way from Obalende to CMS or Onikan officers mess. Bike or Keke can take you to either of these two places with just N200 or less.

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
Earlystar698:
which chair rental... I no do party na , is just to go snap picture and look around that is all

So u go stand through out the couple of hours u wan spend for the beach... But rocks they sha wey u fit sit.. If u get mind.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
Alzirida:
I will be there 27th.

Drone image would have been better
Going alone?

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Godyke(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
Tokenism:
So Is there a low cost guest house in case I miss the last boat?

Yes there are. But you will hardly miss your boat because boats operates till 8.pm especially on weekends where there is high traffic of fun seekers. Although there used to be curfew for 7pm imposed by the Nigerian Navy due to an incidence of militant attack on the NNPC facility more than 5 years ago but it has been extended till 8pm.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Godyke(m): 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
emonis88:
R there hotels where u can get a room incase u want to sleep over?

Yes there are, in fact lots of them. They call them Chalets.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Kufie(m): 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
travelwaka:

Varies between 1,000 and 1500

Thanks a lot
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by icedbreez(m): 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
Wallah, had plans to do Christmas in Lagos this year.

Tarkwa bay in my to do list.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Square2020(m): 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nice view...bt is it real?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by edo3(m): 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
That beach swallowed three of my secondary sch mates that year,, woke,, Patrick n lekan.. May their souls continue to rest in peace
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Blogsphere: 7:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 7:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
Ishilove:

Broke niggarrr
cry no condition is permanent
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by chukwugoziegi: 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
davillian:

Lmao
But there are people on the island
You can flex till the next morning there....
The last boat doesn't leave by 6pm....

I said it but they thought me to be a fool. I went there last week and didn't leave until 7:15pm. By the time I was leaving, there were still boats on the beach.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Blackpearlous(f): 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
travelwaka:
I think Tarkwa Bay bay is one of the most underrated beaches in Lagos. Tarkwa bay is located on an island off the Lagos coast, It is an artificial shelter built to protect the Lagos Harbour. Tarkwa bay was built in the sixties and it is one of the most popular destinations for all kinds of water sports.

Because Tarkwa Bay is an Island, it, therefore, cannot be accessed through land, you need a boat to get to Tarkwa bay. This even made it an interesting place to visit. If you are a lover of adventure like me, it's time to check this off your list and if you are scared of water. Oh come on , its time to overcome your fears.

To get to Tarkwa Bay you need to get to one of the three main jetties where you can get a public boat to Tarkwa bay, however if you have the money to get a private boat, then you can also visit any of the private jetties on the Island.
the cost of getting a local boat known as Banana boat varies from 1,000 to 3,000 for a return trip, however it could sometimes go up as 4,000

Here are the three main jetties
a. Mekwe Jetty Bonny Camp
b. Tarzan Jetty
c. Marina Jetty / CMS

Here are beautiful pictures and Videos from Tarkwa bay

1. The jetty at Bonny Camp
2. Water sports along
3. Tarkwa Bay Beach tents
4. Section of Tarkwa bay

Website: https://www.travelwaka.com/tarkwa-bay-beach-a-beautiful-island-off-the-coast-of-lagos/

Let it remain underrated.. It's not so easy to access and you have to create fun yourself
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Earlystar698(m): 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
Vision2045:

So u go stand through out the couple of hours u wan spend for the beach... But rocks they sha wey u fit sit.. If u get mind.
Rock of ages I go sidan ontop
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by YurFatHer: 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
travelwaka:
Here are other beautiful pictures from Tarkwa Bay, Lalasticlala we should have a Nairaland beach party here
hope maami water no disturb your journey?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Legendguru: 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) / Inside The Kaduna-abuja Train Shared By A Twitter User (photos) / Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.