Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? (44380 Views)

Why Is It Difficult To Get These Qualities In One Man? / Ladies What Is Your Body Shape???? ( Pics) / Ladies, What's Your Definition Of A Handsome Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Obodo999(m): 1:57am On Dec 22, 2019
Starlight10:
I need to find the book I wrote them down, i think I had he must look like Jesus in the list. No wonder I'm still single

I know that you will reject Jesus if you meet him in a real life
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by kense88: 7:01am On Dec 22, 2019
pocohantas:
Lol, I never had those high expectations. I was just okay with love. I always loved them sensible, I have a very soft spot for engineers and a softer one for people in IT, good-looking, respectful...etc, nothing extraordinary.

I wasn't into romantic books, neither did I watch such movies or even listen to love songs. Found them predictable. grin

Now that I am older, my physical and character expectations in a man is very much the same- but the financial part is a whole lot strategic. Don't tell me you love me or have potentials, Jesus loves me too. So, I need to see how he is going to compliment me. I also need him to have some money. We would meet halfway.

Every man requires a level of submission/respect from his wife. If I am going to be doing that, it has to be worth it. wink

The days of "what are you wearing?" and "shey you will not come and know my place" is long gone.
Lol, before nko. U suppose know him place na. Who needs audio romance these days
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2019
Obodo999:

I know that you will reject Jesus if you meet him in a real life
i see no lie in what you have said. Who knows.
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by profilemessages: 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2019
the ashewo beer parlour joints contacts and WhatsApp group link has been created just click in the link below and you are welcome to the group
https://chat.whatsappdotcom/JOt6Aml8A1PHtv5L7LRHH6
the second group is https://chat.whatsappdotcom/HwVvg2JPNQBImTPx4f1OzP
CHANGE THE DOT TO . AND CLICK IT #WELCOME!!!
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by MelaninQueen(f): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2019
culturedboss:
[/quote ]

I wanted:

-Tall
-Italian half-caste with very yellow skin
-Gorgeous shoulder-length jet-black hair
- Eight packs grin
-Catholic like me
-Tech savvy like me
- Extremely intelligent
-Smiling and cheerful
- stinkingly rich
-God-fearing (ever lady's list features this, even the atheists grin)
- Cool-tempered
- light brown eyes
- full red lips (lol, I was literally dreaming for a man doll)
-Amazing in za oza room

And all the other regular stuff like loving, romantic, funny, caring, gentle, kind, and so on.

Yimnu, no be like that ooo... By the time I hit 21 - 22, me was not doing again grin. I just wanted someone with whom I shared a strong attraction. A decent man who had a good head on his shoulders, a steady source of income and ambition.

When my list became reasonable and meaningful, I guess I found one who checked out grin. Guess what? I married that "big head".

He had some of the qualities on my first list shaa, like he's Catholic and tech savvy, tall and intelligent. But uncle is not Italian, he has brown skin and he does not like smiling grin.

It's different when a woman decides that she does not want to get married. Marriage is not for everyone and society needs to evolve to a time when it stops shaming single ladies.

However, some who may really want to be married are getting held up by the unrealistic qualities they seek in a life partner. It's your life, sure, but only Jesus is perfect Nne. Chase attraction and compatibility and quit looking for perfection. This doesn't mean you should settle for the first shit-head that comes your way or over-lowering your standards, but let's try not to chase a reflection of our 8-year-old imaginations.

So ladies, what changed about your own list? Even if you're not married yet, give us your evolved status grin.
Pocohantas, Ishilove and Bukatyne - The three musketeers grin. Come and get the party started here. My babes from the Diary section, Pateffy, Tiffany07, MelaninQueen, Henriettttta, Luckygurl, Hermionegranger, Bloomingbud, Peacefulhome, y'all get in here!

Interesting read!!!Your choices,I applaud them but is it a naija thing that the desired preferences are often lowered ?!coz almost everyone does.I'm a happily married man with children and I think children for my generation were born in the 80s til now are what makes it difficult.We were told we can have everything but that's not true.Something we pinch ourselves out of.

I can't remember what my list was like then, but i remember crushing on guys that were cute and looked really clean. My current list is kind of long as i have categorized them into 3 categories;
1. MUST HAVES (non negotiable qualities, he must have them)
2. ShOULD HAVES (slightly negotiable)
3. MAYBE SHOULD HAVES (more like a girl can dream list and if he doesn't have the qualities, we will still be fine).

These 3 categories have long list of qualities underneath and I'm sure you won't want me to even get started sef grin

I'm so sorry I'm just replying, i don't get mentions unless i check embarassed
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by LINTUNE(m): 9:43am On Dec 31, 2019
RealMrNigerD:

So maybe you're not that immature, after all. Apology acknowledged, although, would you believe I still haven't found where I put the formula? Searched everywhere. And for the record, mam, I don't sleep at night, those that do lose much in the day, and will serve those that don't. #Secrets of the successful#
Anyways, Bye.
grin..audio professor
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by pateffy: 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
computergeek:
Ladies, let's gist.

If you ask the average 16-20-year-old to tell you what she wants in a man, it's not uncommon to hear her launch into a list of Messiah-like qualities.

It's funny to us now, but we all had similar lists at some point (some still do, and please enjoy it while it lasts).

My list scared me so much that sometimes, I felt I was going to remain single forever. Even when I prayed at night, I'd take so long reciting everything on my list so that God would know who he was sending my way. My friends and I spent a lot of time back then reading romance novels and the way the authors described the heroes fvcked up our imaginations grin.

I wanted:

-Tall
-Italian half-caste with very yellow skin
-Gorgeous shoulder-length jet-black hair
- Eight packs grin
-Catholic like me
-Tech savvy like me
- Extremely intelligent
-Smiling and cheerful
- stinkingly rich
-God-fearing (ever lady's list features this, even the atheists grin)
- Cool-tempered
- light brown eyes
- full red lips (lol, I was literally dreaming for a man doll)
-Amazing in za oza room

And all the other regular stuff like loving, romantic, funny, caring, gentle, kind, and so on.

Yimnu, no be like that ooo... By the time I hit 21 - 22, me was not doing again grin. I just wanted someone with whom I shared a strong attraction. A decent man who had a good head on his shoulders, a steady source of income and ambition.

When my list became reasonable and meaningful, I guess I found one who checked out grin. Guess what? I married that "big head".

He had some of the qualities on my first list shaa, like he's Catholic and tech savvy, tall and intelligent. But uncle is not Italian, he has brown skin and he does not like smiling grin.

It's different when a woman decides that she does not want to get married. Marriage is not for everyone and society needs to evolve to a time when it stops shaming single ladies.

However, some who may really want to be married are getting held up by the unrealistic qualities they seek in a life partner. It's your life, sure, but only Jesus is perfect Nne. Chase attraction and compatibility and quit looking for perfection. This doesn't mean you should settle for the first shit-head that comes your way or over-lowering your standards, but let's try not to chase a reflection of our 8-year-old imaginations.

So ladies, what changed about your own list? Even if you're not married yet, give us your evolved status grin.
Pocohantas, Ishilove and Bukatyne - The three musketeers grin. Come and get the party started here. My babes from the Diary section, Pateffy, Tiffany07, MelaninQueen, Henriettttta, Luckygurl, Hermionegranger, Bloomingbud, Peacefulhome, y'all get in here!

Sorry sweetheart didn't get the mention don't know what I was looking for and I stumbled into it, well for me I wanted a guy who was handsome and intelligent as I know too know mathematics that time so I go see person teach my children maths make them know be olodo like me lol
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by angelfallz(m): 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
truthsayer009:

This specific reasons is why Women under 25 shouldn't be taken seriously because of the unrealistic expectations they set for themselves.
It is only Nairaland that I see people shaming women in their late 20s. Look, women in this age bracket are very mature & sweet because they now face reality & give you peace.

See the way "A man on fire for God." just jumped to be your number 1. The same couldn't be said years ago. Those holy looking brothers who approach you speaking in tongues would have been ignored & you would have gone for the bad guy "Future Vandrous".

I keep saying, Women need to date a "Future" in quote, so they can value a Russel Wilson in their lives.

the bolded,
after such women have been used and dumped? i used to pity men like you. They are now mature because they have been used and dumped, they quickly approaching an age when they become less desirable so they change their lists.

It is unfortunate that you think ladies below a certain age range shouldn't be taken seriously. There are sensible ladies in their early 20s, but you wont see them because you have trained yourself not to see them.

Men that have your type of thinking are usually the ones that come to NL to complain about cheating and all other forms of marital problems.

Why marry woman that has hopped from one boyfriend to another, got heart broken? why marry a damaged woman?

Men with sense, marry sensible virgins, ladies who are just coming into the prime of their years

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fun Seeking Couple Spice Up Their Pre-weddng Shoot With These Interesting Photos / The Girls That Washed Your Smelling Boxers, Sent Nudes, Which One Did You Marry? / Man Caught Lady He Trained In School For 7 Years In A Church With Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.