Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect (3316 Views)

Elderly women, being nicer When They Meet A Very handsome Young Man / Jealous Nigerian Man Kills Financially Independent Wife / Do Women Also Experience Konji The Way We Men Does (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by bukatyne(f): 10:50am On Dec 15, 2019
pocohantas:

You didn't. This is romance section, they always deflect. You begin to wonder what exactly is their problem. They whine all day about broke women, you advise women to get up and work, they will say it is character. Talk about character, they will move on to spirituality... There is no satisfying them.

That said, money doesn't equal respect, but it sure makes life easier and refines your choices, If you have a good head on your shoulder.

True.
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by bukatyne(f): 10:58am On Dec 15, 2019
nanauju:

The message hurt the men here simply because it's an advice for ladies to be financially independent. They came here to banter.. They're looking for hungry girls who will be impressed with their 5k

Hahahahahahaha!

Well, if the N5k has not been impressing, they wouldn't continue trying it.
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by bukatyne(f): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2019
pryme:

Your post is more refined,
I understand the Op,
But you only missed the part she said "money will GET you respect from men"
This is what I think is misleading, even women can't stand a man that is rich but is very disrespectful to women.
Same thing with men, just because a woman has money they think men will feast on their shiit.
If you want respect give respect, the world still have men that respect women because of who they are, not what they have.

I agree with you.

Money doesn't give respect.
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by prettyaura: 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
nanauju:

Thanks for this wonderful contribution sis. The truth is that, ladies who have not experienced this financial independence (no matter the little she earns from her business or job), will not be able to relate with this post, but while the men here have turned it entirely around that it is respect they want. So why then do they keep singing in our ears that they cannot be with someone who is not earning, only begging. Is this some form of self bloated ego that they're trying to save from crashing, or they are just dealing with the inferiority complex and intimidation of being with a lady who works and spends on herself, rather than beg him for crumbs
my dear, they dont want liabilities but when they get a woman that has everything going on for her, they say she's too proud or she's not submissive enough...their ego will keep telling them the woman is not respectful enough even tho her respect level is high, if she talks to a point it is assumed it's becos she's too independent and it will be seen as disrespect...am telling U a true life story...I will continue to work hard and maintain my independence than for me to go low because some guy feels inferior about it..i won't settle for less...may God help me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Lightangel65: 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
nanauju:
Women, when you begin to buy things for yourself, take yourself out, and shower yourselves with gifts, you will see that most men have nothing more than material things and food. That's all. It's easier to know a man of value when you have some level of financial stability. When you are broke or hungry? A plate of food seems like love. 5k from him will even make you start thinking marriage sef.

Hustle o so that you will have your own money and men will have to prove why you need them beyond money

Very true if you have money people won't take you for granted

2 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by frozen70(f): 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
nanauju:
Women, when you begin to buy things for yourself, take yourself out, and shower yourselves with gifts, you will see that most men have nothing more than material things and food. That's all. It's easier to know a man of value when you have some level of financial stability. When you are broke or hungry? A plate of food seems like love. 5k from him will even make you start thinking marriage sef.

Hustle o so that you will have your own money and men will have to prove why you need them beyond money

Being independent as a woman, give you an edge over other things

You independent nature will make a man to see you as a valuable asset not a liability

When he knows that you have something to contribute, he will talk to you in a polite manner

When he knows that you can afford twice of anything he wants to give you, he will seek your consent before taking up any decision

When he knows that you are capable, he will build walls around you because his marriage is secured

Though the low esteem men among this category, will be intimidated about your capabilities

And if you depends on a man to even buy your sanitary pad, pray not to be a slave in his hand

2 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
You're a woman and a woman created a thread and post something that is not really true, Instead of you to be logical and comment what your brain is signaling you to comment, NO WAY, you must support her just because she's a woman like you. Please is this some kind of sisterhood or what undecided
Please let it end this year okay!

1 Like

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
samdavjustin:

You’re not understanding my point, your post says “being financially independent is the only way to get respect from men” am telling you that’s bullshit that’s not the only way unless you marry a poor man then you can use your money to bully him but if you’re married to an average or well to do guy OYO is your name if your aim is respect.

She even wrote the 'ONLY' in capital letters. grin

What you were simply saying which she didn't understand or choose to not understand is that it can't be the 'ONLY' way to get respect from men but can be just a variable out of so many variables that can make a man RESPECT a woman.

Which in reality, financial stability ALONE and ONLY by a woman DOES NOT attract respect from men except, the ass licking kind of men and Gold diggers.

"being financially independent is the only way to get respect from men”
In reality, a woman with the best of character comes first in the hearts of real men who want happy homes and are very well respected because THEY RESPECT THEMSELVES and not the bossy rich woman who thinks that unless being rich, she can't earn respect from men.

REAL MEN LOOK BEYOND SUBSTANCE INTO ESSENCE, MORE MEN ARE GETTING MARRIED TO 'MAIDS' THIS DAYS. THE REASONS ARE WELL SPELT OUT IN THE ARTICLE IN THE CLICK BELOW.

http://news-af.op-mobile.opera.com/news/detail/a377b020fcd32c6d4e5291b9bc227423?country=ng&language=en&share=1&client=

"being financially independent is the only way to get respect from men”

What does it mean, the word ONLY in English? grin
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
pocohantas:

You didn't. This is romance section, they always deflect. You begin to wonder what exactly is their problem. They whine all day about broke women, you advise women to get up and work, they will say it is character. Talk about character, they will move on to spirituality... There is no satisfying them.

That said, money doesn't equal respect, but it sure makes life easier and refines your choices, If you have a good head on your shoulder.

I wish they mostly do. Hence, the lack of a good head on their shoulder is really where the whole problem lies, whether a RICH WOMAN or POOR WOMAN. You understand? THAT FISH BRAIN! grin
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
nanauju:

Don't feel soo much of yourself as a man. As a matter of fact, this topic is still centered around woman that should strive to be more financially independent and successful, so that when they (women) the start thinking of how to settle down, they will look beyond money (which as much as is a necessity shouldn't be the only thing they look out for), and start looking at the behavior of the man, and how he shows leadership skills, reactions to issues, and overall manner of approach.
Or do you really think it's only men that look out for a woman that will respect them? I'm sorry if you are not respecting your woman too, especially one who is financially independent, you are not ready for something lasting yet. Let it be mutual.
If a man is always screaming about being the head, deserving respect, then there's a problem. He probably hasn't put himself up to the position to deserve such from his woman. A woman will always submit to a man, who has proved beyond doubt that he posses finesse leadership qualities, respect himself and his woman, and every other thing will fall into place. You cannot give what you don't have

KEEP CONTRADICTING YOURSELF. AND THEN SHE STARTS TO LOOK BEYOND MONEY TO MAKE A CHOICE BUT MEN ARE 'FOOLISH TO MAKE HER BEING FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT AS THE ONLY REASON TO RESPECT A WOMAN?! undecided

What do you mean by the word ONLY? Does it mean what it means in ENGLISH?!

My dear, sorry to break this to you. A woman who is poor, as long as she is not gluttonous grin she will earn respect from men.
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by nanauju(f): 6:41am On Dec 18, 2019
Iloveu2:

KEEP CONTRADICTING YOURSELF. AND THEN SHE STARTS TO LOOK BEYOND MONEY TO MAKE A CHOICE BUT MEN ARE 'FOOLISH TO MAKE HER BEING FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT AS THE ONLY REASON TO RESPECT A WOMAN?! undecided

What do you mean by the word ONLY? Does it mean what it means in ENGLISH?!

My dear, sorry to break this to you. A woman who is poor, as long as she is not gluttonous grin she will earn respect from men.

Let those who understand my message, do. It's not for everyone, as a matter of fact, it's for the ladies to strive to be more financially independent. If you have a problem being with successful ladies, that is entirely your problem not mine
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 18, 2019
nanauju:

Let those who understand my message, do. It's not for everyone, as a matter of fact, it's for the ladies to strive to be more financially independent. If you have a problem being with successful ladies, that is entirely your problem not mine

grin which is the ONLY way the can get respect from men? YOU MUST BE JOKING BY SAYING ITS THE ONLY WAY!

All this bru hah ha is a strive for POWER, Power to OPPRESS. Shekainan undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by jhubril(m): 9:39am On Dec 18, 2019
Even as women they still complain of being inferior to men . Their desire to dominate and Lord over the rest of mankind springs from the inability of men to overlook the snare in their beauty. They are nothing without men but there's nothing they can do to alter the order of nature. Feminism,which is a new age philosophy,does not have the stamina to endure for long. Most Nigerian women are not naturally respectful,intelligent and cultured . They believe they are demi-godesses who deserve to be worshipped even as they have nothing more than their beauty to offer.

1 Like

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 14, 2020
bukatyne:

I agree with you.

Money doesn't give respect.

Oh really, please can you explain to me what gives respect then.

Sincerely i want to know.

Nigeria that I know is a classist society or let's say classism, every one is faking lives so they can demand respect. I really don't understand which part of Nigeria that money doesn't equate respect.

Even your very own Nuclear family will respect you when money starts coming in. The only people who are respected here by default are parents, guardians or older citizens which is out of necessity as I wouldn't be disrespecting my parents or others in old age. Apart from that nothing o, absolutely nothing.
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by bukatyne(f): 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2020
truthsayer009:

Oh really, please can you explain to me what gives respect then.

Sincerely i want to know.

Nigeria that I know is a classist society or let's say classism, every one is faking lives so they can demand respect. I really don't understand which part of Nigeria that money doesn't equate respect.

Even your very own Nuclear family will respect you when money starts coming in. The only people who are respected here by default are parents, guardians or older citizens which is out of necessity as I wouldn't be disrespecting my parents or others in old age. Apart from that nothing o, absolutely nothing.

What gives respect: When you respect yourself.
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
bukatyne:

What gives respect: When you respect yourself.

LMAOOOO

Not the answer I was hoping to get, definitely not in this context.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get A Lady To Quarantine With You With Just 10k. (photo) / Any More Handsome Guy Here Let Me See(photo) / A Choir Mistress Accepted Me Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.