Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,994 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked (40691 Views)

NAIRALANDER HELP ME:my Firstbank Account Have Been Hacked / My Facebook Has Been Hacked And I Can't Access It / My Facebook Account Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by sinola(m): 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2019
Do 2-steps verification on your WhatsApp and save yourself all this stress.

kindly go and do it because the rate at which hackers are hacking and scamming people's WhatsApp is much.

I beg you,
It won't cost you anything to do that on your WhatsApp.

Follow these steps:

Go to settings on your WhatsApp,

Click on Account,

Click on Two- step verification,

Enter pin,

Input your email address

And save, that's all.

If someone wants to change it, WhatsApp will ask for the Two-step verification and without it the account won't open.

Let's be cautious and safe. Stay blessed!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Ishilove: 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2019
Nigerians keep coming up with new and innovative ways to scam their fellow countrymen.

What a country. Smh

2 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by ikorodureporta: 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
I've asked this question before... how do they hack into someone's account??

Hackers have been troubling us in some church groups with money- doubling adverts

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by sonofanarchy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
pickatyou:
Please every one should secure their sim , verification codes and phones. Avoid giving phones to strangers and must importantly use WhatsApp finger print lock
WhatsApp print lol myopic idea, you should rather not send any code sent to your phone to strangers, even if you mistakenly send your wife pant to my inbox,I won't send it back.i will grab my vaseline and rub on my feet,lol it's harmattan season
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by AcetylLily(f): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
My two cents

To avoid hacker from hacking ur whatsapp account, do ur two step verification.

Go to your settings on watsapp and click on account, then click two step verification, there u can put a new code, put your email as well, use a password u will not forget easily becos sometimes or as often as possible they will require u to put ur password b4 u can open ur watsapp.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by phantomking(m): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
Use the number to open WhatsApp again all you will need is the code sent to your phone. E no hard na
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Moneyboyz: 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2019
optimus106:
People still fall for this type of cheap format...?

I tire oh

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
Your WhatsApp account was not hacked. Someone just used social engineering to trick you into giving out your verification code. It was entirely your fault!

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by fastseo: 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
You gave him your code, he gained access and set up 2f.
When 2f authentication is set, it create two layer security. One u verify by sms and the other you input your password. If you get your sms code without getting your password WhatsApp send your password to your recovery email. Which by now the thief has setup with his mail.

It will be difficult to regain access because the thief has set up 2f and used his email as recovery. So any code WhatsApp send Goes to that email.

4 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Timileyin1234(m): 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2019
Bobo yi ponu. When will Seun give out award of most dumbest person on Nairaland. My grandma self wouldn’t send the code

2 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by stevewale(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2019
some calls/phone numbers and emails are too fake to be real ... I wonder how people still fall for those scam in 2019.

Like someone mentioned earlier, enable the Two-Step Verification function under settings in your whatsap account ... it's very helpful
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by IDFWU(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:
Please Nairalanders I need your help.

At about 9am this morning I received a call from this number 08068941992 informing me of a training in one of the WhatsApp group which I belong to. The caller then told me to hang on for a while to receive a confirmation code for the training. I received the code 737-685 and sent it back to him, he thanked me and promised to call me by 5pm to remind me of the training.

Few minutes later I tried to login to WhatsApp without success. I deleted the app and downloaded a new one but I can't login with my number. That's when it dawned on me that my WhatsApp has been hacked. I have contacted support center but they are of no help.

I went and reported to Police and made a statement.

PLEASE my people, what can I do to prevent them from using my Identity to commit crime.

Uninstalling and installing can’t solve this, from your narratives, I think the hacker has already changed the number from yours to his/hers and probably set up the 2-step verification which you didn’t and the result being you hacked so easily. That account is a goner! I advice you get a new number and register another WhatsApp account immediately, then send a broadcast to all your contacts before it’s too late. Also, if your contacts are mindful individuals, on opening your chat they will receive a notification that you recently changed your WhatsApp number. This notification and the broadcast from the new WhatsApp account will definitely bring them up to speed.

2 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Xisnin(m): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:

At about 9am this morning I received a call from this number 08068941992 informing me of a training in one of the WhatsApp group which I belong to. The caller then told me to hang on for a while to receive a confirmation code for the training. I received the code 737-685 and sent it back to him, he thanked me and promised to call me by 5pm to remind me of the training.

Few minutes later I tried to login to WhatsApp without success. I deleted the app and downloaded a new one but I can't login with my number. That's when it dawned on me that my WhatsApp has been hacked. I have contacted support center but they are of no help.

PLEASE my people, what can I do to prevent them from using my Identity to commit crime.

Get another phone with no WhatsApp and install WhatsApp on it.
Then use your original number to register.
They will send you a new code.
Use the code to reactivate your WhatsApp.

You will lock out the "hackers".
I am assuming you still have your original number and the hungry hackers have not cloned it(unlikely).

Many Whatsapp groups offering freebies are setup for scam purposes.
Next time, never trust someone who requests codes from your phone.

2 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Hedonisco: 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
Patrioticman007:
What a country, we know the tribes that are specialized in these crimes. The tribes know the family that indulged in these evil acts. The family know, if na Emeka or Okoro do am. Please let's report these evils to the nearest police station.

Ode buruku ni e.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Xisnin(m): 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
stevewale:
some calls/phone numbers and emails are too fake to be real ... I wonder how people still fall for those scam in 2019.

Like someone mentioned earlier, enable the Two-Step Verification function under settings in your whatsap account ... it's very helpful
It won't help in this case.
He would have gladly handed them all the other codes they need.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by philipstanley(m): 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2019
I was once a victim of this incident, a hacker call me that I belong to a Christian devotional group and that they will send me a verification code which I should tell them. So I receive a verification code which I send it to them. Few minutes later I tried logging in my WhatsApp but I couldn't that my " your number has been registered " by a different user. But I think I was lucky cos I did the 2step verification on my WhatsApp that enable me to retrieve back my WhatsApp account.

6 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by olureignforever: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:

Simply go for welcome back
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by olexjay(m): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2019
This looks like the person just put in your number to register a whatsapp account on their mobile using ur number, you should be able to know that the code sent to you was from whatsapp na
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by vincent7000(m): 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]it's very simple uninstall and install the number then input your phone number for verification code and you will get your account back
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Necxs: 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2019
Its simple, go to your call divert, and cancel the divert, then uninstall and reinstall the whatsapp
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by delzbaba(m): 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
report to police? when you people wont stop sharing rubbish links on whatsapp..
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by maasoap(m): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
zackon:
please for those who have not enabled two step verification on there what's app should please do so ,to ensure maximum security and to avoid stories that touch.

They hacked his account with his cooperation. I don't think any would have been of any help. Just thinking. I equally received the same call from one of the people in a group I belong to. I simply ignored the guy after I realised his intention.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Enemyofpeace: 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
dominique:
This is why I'm weary of joining all these strange Whatsapp groups, you get exposed to all sorts of characters. Ordinarily you should be able to get your Whatsapp number back but the hacker must have put some form of latch on the number which is preventing you from doing so. Keep reporting to support, they'll get back to you eventually. You need to reach out to your contacts and tell them to disregard any message from your Whatsapp number till further notice.
good morning. I dey greet o

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Chikpat(m): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
RichDad1:
Enabling 2fa is a more secure way to protect your account.

What's 2fa?
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by noble71(m): 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
Emmzi:
try this
he can't do that again the new guy has set 2FA on his WhatsApp number. So he can't access it.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by tellwisdom: 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
What is whatsapp?
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Fanika22: 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
itswell10:
Lol.
Naija sha.. Someone is crying for help and I dey see adverts of installations, sure winning.
That's why the white man will forever be better than us. We have no empathy at all

Lol. I tire o
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by OmoOshodi(m): 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
I've saved the number as criminal in case he called me

3 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Kaychiz: 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:

The caller then told me to hang on for a while to receive a confirmation code for the training. I received the code 737-685 and sent it back to him.........

Are you serious?
Who does that?
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Kaychiz: 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
OmoOshodi:
I've saved the number as criminal in case he called me

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Yahoo Boys In Lagos Jailed For 6 Months By EFCC / Landlord Sets Tenant Ablaze In Calabar, Over N11,000 Rent / Lady Bites Off Her Neighbor’s Cheek In Lagos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.