Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked (40593 Views)

NAIRALANDER HELP ME:my Firstbank Account Have Been Hacked / My Facebook Has Been Hacked And I Can't Access It / My Facebook Account Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by don4real18(m): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
Jospepper
Steps to retrieve your WhatsApp
Settings - Apps - WhatsApp
Clear Data and Cache from your phone
Now, open your WhatsApp app and commence registration. A code will be sent to your phone and you will use that to register.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by cliqtips: 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
IF you get it back, make sure you use the 2-step verification to lock your account...

jospepper:
Please Nairalanders I need your help.

At about 9am this morning I received a call from this number 08068941992 informing me of a training in one of the WhatsApp group which I belong to. The caller then told me to hang on for a while to receive a confirmation code for the training. I received the code 737-685 and sent it back to him, he thanked me and promised to call me by 5pm to remind me of the training.

Few minutes later I tried to login to WhatsApp without success. I deleted the app and downloaded a new one but I can't login with my number. That's when it dawned on me that my WhatsApp has been hacked. I have contacted support center but they are of no help.

I went and reported to Police and made a statement.

PLEASE my people, what can I do to prevent them from using my Identity to commit crime.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by ewizard1: 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Shut up and mind your business Mr busybody

Sorry ooo. Mr Lazybody. #swerve
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by CaptainMitch: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2019
Idiot don't quote me again
ewizard1:

Sorry ooo. Mr Lazybody. #swerve
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Softmojo(m): 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2019
OP is not lying. it can happen to anyone.

When these people hack your whatsapp. they enable two step verification so you are locked out.

OP will have to wait for 6 days before regaining access to his Whatsapp account.

To protect yourself against hackers, add an extra layer of security to your whatsapp by enabling two step verification. Also dont ever share verification codes with anyone.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Bigcowhorn: 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
Newguyhere:
Social engineering at its peak cheesy
Some guys bad!!!

It's not social engineering but plain stupidity. You got a verification code on your own number then sent it to a stranger? The number that sent the verification code is even a UK number and you still gave the code out?

Jesus wept!

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by benzene00: 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2019
if you were close to me I would have given you some serious beating of your Life, you are disgrace

your brain should be removed and given to some Forest animals coz you don't use it

I'm very angry that someone can be this stupid

u get Luck say I no knw you..idiot
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by puregrace(m): 8:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
RichDad1:
Enabling 2fa is a more secure way to protect your account.
what's "2fa"?
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Idrisk19(m): 9:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
same thing happened to my friend,both Facebook/WhatsApp was hacked
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by ashala(m): 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
Those fools tried it with me. Called me and told me that there is a meeting coming up in our whatsapp group, that they will send a code which I should send back to them to use to enable my whatsapp for the meeting.

As we were talking the code came in. If you see the way I cursed that guy eh and Immidietly deleted the text. He cut the call Immidietly.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by BLACKPRIEST: 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2019
Make I help you, but make you no ever send code give stranger again.

1. Go to the office of your network provider and request that your line be suspended. Take a valid ID along.

2. Leave your line suspended for seven days.

3. After seven days, go back to your service provider and lift the suspension.

4. Reinstall WhatsApp. You'll get back your account.

5. Call the idiot and tell him you're smarter.

My Fee: 20,000 Naira.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Slynation(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:

At about 9am this morning I received a call from this number 08068941992 informing me of a training in one of the WhatsApp group which I belong to. The caller then told me to hang on for a while to receive a confirmation code for the training. I received the code 737-685 and sent it back to him, he thanked me and promised to call me by 5pm to remind me of the training.

Few minutes later I tried to login to WhatsApp without success. I deleted the app and downloaded a new one but I can't login with my number. That's when it dawned on me that my WhatsApp has been hacked. I have contacted support center but they are of no help.

PLEASE my people, what can I do to prevent them from using my Identity to commit crime.

Am more interested in what the police told you... grin
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by kaykith05(m): 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:

If u still ah that number with u, just download a new whatsapp, input the number, whatsapp will verify and send a verification code to the number u inputted.enter the verification code, and voila; u're good to go. The hacker will be logged out, except he cloned ur number too.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Folksyharry(m): 10:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
Gima12:
Please if you are in this group and you have not done your WhatsApp 2 steps pin verification, kindly go and do it because the rate at which hackers are hacking and scamming peoples WhatsApp is much.

In order to prevent such a thing from happening to you because only God knows who the next victim will be.

Follow these steps:

Go to settings on your WhatsApp,

Click on Account,

Click on Two- step verification,

Enter pin,

Input your email address

And save, that's all.

If someone wants to change it, WhatsApp will ask for the Two-step verification and without it the account won't open.

Let's be cautious and safe. Stay blessed!

For me, I have done mine and I'm using it. Sometimes if I want to log in it will request for my pin.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by balogunsaheed(m): 10:40pm On Dec 12, 2019
@Twitter @officialEFCC @AirtelNigeria @MTNNG @MTN180 @GloCare @GloWorld pls help us out in nigeria this 3 numbers are the numbers hacking our WhatsApp today
Same goes @ecobank_nigeria pls freeze this bank account they work together 8015736369
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by oluplus(m): 12:13am On Dec 13, 2019
Chikpat:

What's 2fa?
2nd factor authentication. It protects your password by acting as a 2nd password

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by taurusdude0(m): 1:04am On Dec 13, 2019
People brandish the word HACK anyhow u where not hack but simply fooled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by franugo(m): 3:40am On Dec 13, 2019
Newguyhere:
I took a cyber security course earlier this year on udemy.
So yeah, I'm kinda well grounded on how this kind of attacks work.

How does it work? What I see here is dt the person just used Op:s phone number to register, got d verification code from op n started using d account... I see no hacking whatsoever here
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by franugo(m): 3:44am On Dec 13, 2019
Slynation:

Lol grin
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by franugo(m): 3:45am On Dec 13, 2019
taurusdude0:
People brandish the word HACK anyhow u where not hack but simply fooled.

I swear.....bunch of incompetents be using hack anyhow.

Any little thing and they will claim its a hack embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by chiamz: 4:22am On Dec 13, 2019
You’ll get back into your account in a weeks time, also note that the person won’t be able to continue using your account since you’ve tried to log back into your account with your number, it has locked the person out as well, if you have last seen set to everyone, you could check your last seen from a friends phone and you’ll confirm really that the last seen of the person that played a fast one on you is the first time you tried to gain back access into your account. So for now, just be patient from now till thursday and your account will be back to you then you activate the two-step verification code

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Realbelieveer(m): 5:25am On Dec 13, 2019
ode nie
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2019
This is exactly what a lady narrated to me yesterday.......her account too was hacked

BTW she got it back yesterday
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by jospepper(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2019
Softmojo:
OP is not lying. it can happen to anyone.

When these people hack your whatsapp. they enable two step verification so you are locked out.

OP will have to wait for 6 days before regaining access to his Whatsapp account.

To protect yourself against hackers, add an extra layer of security to your whatsapp by enabling two step verification. Also dont ever share verification codes with anyone.
Thank you very much sir.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by jospepper(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2019
chiamz:
You’ll get back into your account in a weeks time, also note that the person won’t be able to continue using your account since you’ve tried to log back into your account with your number, it has locked the person out as well, if you have last seen set to everyone, you could check your last seen from a friends phone and you’ll confirm really that the last seen of the person that played a fast one on you is the first time you tried to gain back access into your account. So for now, just be patient from now till thursday and your account will be back to you then you activate the two-step verification code
Thank you so much sir, I checked from a friend's WhatsApp yesterday night and the last seen was around 11 am.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Evidenx(m): 8:47am On Dec 13, 2019
Too bad... it has happened to me twice, i saw Whatsapp code sent to me but Thank God i didn't respond i just deleted it because i did not open any what's app.

next time just ignore and delete the message,without that code they can't hack your account.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by jospepper(m): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2019
Slynation:

At the police station, I met three officers at the counter. After greeting with all the humility I could muster, I explained my ordeal to them, they patiently listened to the end then the eldest (not most senior o.) of them said "oga we no understand di grammar wey you dey speak, come make I show you person wey go understand you". He then lifted the barrier, I muttered a short prayer and went behind the counter to one of the offices.

In the surviellance office I was handed over to two officers, a young guy and one aunty. I greeted again and was offered a seat, I sat down and narrated the story as before, aunty now asked me "so what do you want the police to do?" I replied that I want to file a complaint incase those guys use my number to commit fraud. Aunty said ok, it will cost me three thousand pere.

For the next few minutes nobody spoke, after regaining composure I turned and looked aunty in the eye without blinking and said "mummy please help your son, I know that you people are doing a great and dangerous job to keep us safe and everyone should show appreciation but I am jobless and koboless, please let those bad boys not put your son in trouble".
Then I stood up and emptied my pockets for them to see.

Aunty now mummy said "you don't have anything but look at the phone you are using"( Tecno Pop 2).After about 30 minutes of scolding/advice, I was given a sheet of paper and guided to write my statement. I finished writing, read it to their hearing signed and gave them to file it. I thanked them profusely and left. I spent roughly two hours with them. This is the summary of what happened.

3 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Wangulu: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2019
wait after 7days and try to login again, click forget password and follow the instruction you would be able to recover your account.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Onyiix235: 11:03am On Dec 13, 2019
The two step verification should be done by all if you have not done it. Just like what someone rightly said go to your nearest network provider and deactivate your account.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by fuckerholic(m): 2:39pm On Dec 13, 2019
RichDad1:
Enabling 2fa is a more secure way to protect your account.
What I 2fa and how can it be enabled ?
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Slynation(m): 9:27pm On Dec 13, 2019
jospepper:
At the police station, I met three officers at the counter. After greeting with all the humility I could muster, I explained my ordeal to them, they patiently listened to the end then the eldest (not most senior o.) of them said "oga we no understand di grammar wey you dey speak, come make I show you person wey go understand you". He then lifted the barrier, I muttered a short prayer and went behind the counter to one of the offices.

In the surviellance office I was handed over to two officers, a young guy and one aunty. I greeted again and was offered a seat, I sat down and narrated the story as before, aunty now asked me "so what do you want the police to do?" I replied that I want to file a complaint incase those guys use my number to commit fraud. Aunty said ok, it will cost me three thousand pere.

For the next few minutes nobody spoke, after regaining composure I turned and looked aunty in the eye without blinking and said "mummy please help your son, I know that you people are doing a great and dangerous job to keep us safe and everyone should show appreciation but I am jobless and koboless, please let those bad boys not put your son in trouble".
Then I stood up and emptied my pockets for them to see.

Aunty now mummy said "you don't have anything but look at the phone you are using"( Tecno Pop 2).After about 30 minutes of scolding/advice, I was given a sheet of paper and guided to write my statement. I finished writing, read it to their hearing signed and gave them to file it. I thanked them profusely and left. I spent roughly two hours with them. This is the summary of what happened.
Lool.... I know that's exactly what will happen grin Our Police force, most of them are jokers
What u do first, is to disconnect the number from your bank account if it's connected to it....
But i just hope they won't send a broadcast msg to all ur contacts borrowing money on your behalf, cos u might just come back online to meet a huge debt of over 200K

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2019
Newguyhere:
I took a cyber security course earlier this year on udemy.
So yeah, I'm kinda well grounded on how this kind of attacks work.
good day, can I get the link to this course if you don't mind sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Men Who Lynched A Soldier To Death And Burnt His Body In Ghana (Photo) / Ogun Farm Manager Killed While Harvesting Crop With Daughter (pic) / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.