Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,790 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament (41529 Views)

Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC / Buhari Appoints Ginika Tor Williams As Member Of FCC Board / Buhari Appoints Bello Maitama Yusuf As Member Nigerian Railway Corporation Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by Marvieduke(f): 9:10am On Dec 13, 2019
luminouz:

Babe calm down na....I was only asking if you were joking ni!

Just make me something ermmm...breakfast-worthy na...and then we rock it like mummy n daddy@ ur dp. tongue

Hungry never worry you because if hungry worry you, you go enter kitchen by yourself go prepare eba and soup wey go full your Belle. And mind you I have my guy okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by xelly: 9:11am On Dec 13, 2019
candidtalk:

Indeed. You must ask yourself why Igbos would even open their mouths here if not that they are a deeply insecure people. They are talking of an MP of Igbo origin in the British Parliament where we can count 3 in total perhaps, for all the claims of Superiority Igbos bore the world with.

Yet Ghanaians with no less than 4 MPs of Ghanaian origin, and thus more than the Igbos, are not proclaiming themselves the "greatest black people in the world" based on an achievement any group of people can attain at any point in time yet only Igbos will use to indicate superiority or 'dominance' over others. Pathetic really.

I am so happy for you and your type. Igbos will never rule Nigeria and Nigeria is an eldorado with her citizens enjoying better life than the rest of the world. Why on earth will Igbos rule Nigeria since they haven't lead and the country is in this good shape. Let us continue the way we are joor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by luminouz(m): 9:11am On Dec 13, 2019
Marvieduke:

Hungry never worry you because if hungry worry you, you go enter kitchen by yourself go prepare eba and soup wey go full your Belle. And mind you I have my guy okay.
Lmaoooooo....
Hope you dont treat him this way too sha.
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by tot(f): 9:15am On Dec 13, 2019
She is a British woman same way Anthony Joshua is a Briton, end of story.

Rather than Nigerians to face their country and citizens, it's perpetual famzing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by Nnewison: 9:15am On Dec 13, 2019
0monnak0da:
she is NOT Nigerian
do you belong to your mothers family or your fathers family ?

2 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by anonymous1759(m): 9:15am On Dec 13, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
yes, she is not Nigerian.

if free and fair election is held in Nigeria, Igbos will dominate everywhere

Your chest beating is way too much. If free and fair elections is practiced in Nigeria igbos will not win any seat. Check out the stats for the entire South East and compare it to the North. The average igbo man is not political informed all they're interested in is Business but an Hausa man Educated or illiterate listen to News to get first hand information and even travel all the way from South to North just to vote.

If public holidays is not declared on Election day no igbo will leave his business and vote but I'm the an average Hausa man can make that sacrifice. Stop this lousy chest beating it's sickening.

2 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by IMRAAN33(m): 9:16am On Dec 13, 2019
PerkinDossier:
Anambra born Chinyelu has been winning UK parliamentary elections back to back since 2010. Congratulations
Nice one!!!

1 Like

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by Nwaonyishi69: 9:18am On Dec 13, 2019
The power of democracy in liberating and uplifting humans. This is not riggery nor ethnocracy, that we bandy as democracy in Nigeria.
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by Marvieduke(f): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2019
luminouz:

Lmaoooooo....
Hope you dont treat him this way too sha.

I love and respect him the same way he does to me, so no just think am.
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by jahsharon: 9:22am On Dec 13, 2019
Area4Area:
She's British please

She is a Biafran. I am a Nigerian. I will never associate with a tribe of drug pushers, armed robbers, kidnappers and human traffickers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by phyl123: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2019
She’s not a Nigerian, stop deceiving yourselves.
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by quickly: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2019
Built2last:
UK election results are trickling in.

I make bold to announce that I voted in less than 3 minutes.

New castle result was the first to be announced in all of UK. A Nigerian worn by wide margin.

Congratulations to Chi Onwurah

Her profile.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi_Onwurah

Chi Onwurah
MP

If she does not have Nigerian passport she is not a Nigerian by constitution
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by seunmsg(m): 9:30am On Dec 13, 2019
PerkinDossier:

No mind them, some of them are just jealous.

Jealous for what exactly? Do you know how many people of Yoruba ancestry that got elected into UK parliament yesterday? That others don’t cheat best doesn’t mean they did not have enviable achievements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by classicpeezy(m): 9:30am On Dec 13, 2019
Let's stop deluding ourselves claiming these people are Nigerians. This one will claim Briton not Nigerian.
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by kendological(m): 9:32am On Dec 13, 2019
candidtalk:

Don't mind them. The answer is very obvious. deep Insecurity and nothing else. A people who are effectively ordinary , as far as the world can see, particularly because they do nothing more special or better than others, yet proclaim themselves extraordinary are nothing but deeply insecure.

"Igbo amaka" over a meritocratic position many Brits of immigrant descents have gained to include Asians, Ghanaian, Jamaicans, et al.

If Anthony Joshua is Igbo then surely the world will know no peace in cyberspace because of Igbo hyperbole over his achievement. Every Igbo would talk as if each and all of them are Anthony Joshuas. Check out the list of British political appointees of immigrant background to understand that Igbos are truly a deluded people. Abeg, where is the great "dominance" below Igbos always claim?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_minority_politicians_in_the_United_Kingdom#List_of_ethnic_minority_Members_of_Parliament
Go Bleep yourself.

1 Like

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by Btruth: 9:33am On Dec 13, 2019
0monnak0da:
she is NOT Nigerian

.... What's the meaning of this?
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by crestedaguiyi: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2019
anonimi:

Are you confirming what Ahmadu Bello said below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8

through free and fair means , yes.

Not through nepotism like we see presently
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by Arijude(m): 9:35am On Dec 13, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Will you stop this nonsense bragging.

People like you are the reason why some tribes dislike igbos.

Small achievement, you begin to brag that your tribe is the best in the world. Use your brain o
we don't give a fvck about your dislike

3 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by yahoosurepass(m): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2019
Igbo amaka!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by Austineva(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2019
Igbo di uto. We are always d best

1 Like

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by Built2last: 9:39am On Dec 13, 2019
quickly:

If she does not have Nigerian passport she is not a Nigerian by constitution

Why bother or worry if she has passport or not.

The issue here is be happy for her. Her father has been and leaves in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by Spidermon: 9:41am On Dec 13, 2019
mrvitalis:

Because she is Igbo right ?

Because she is British, just like Anthony Joshua.
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by 0monnak0da: 9:42am On Dec 13, 2019
mrvitalis:

Because she is Igbo right ?
Are Ebowls Nigerians?

Why are you people so full of hate

The woman herself said it not me

She has every right to be what she wants

https://www.nairaland.com/3900381/not-nigerian-british-chi-onwurah
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by 0monnak0da: 9:43am On Dec 13, 2019
Spidermon:

Because she is British, just like Anthony Joshua.
Anthony Joshua claims he is Nigerian

This woman has publicly said she is NOT Nigerian so leave her alone
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by cbest4all: 9:45am On Dec 13, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU CHI ONWURAH.

For those of you arguing whether she is Igbo, Nigerian or British, you are just all fooling yourselves. what stops you from just telling her congratulations without attaching any tribal sentiment knowing fully well that someone from the other tribes will attack you.

We are too backward in this country.......Tufiakwa!!
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:47am On Dec 13, 2019
PerkinDossier:

But her father is from present day Anambra State, which means she's Anambra born. That's what matters to me. tongue

The real issue should be, if it she was not a Nigerian, can she become a Senator in Nigeria. We see things in advanced country, and totally blind our eyes to it and continue to hold on to this tribal dogma.

An Igbo man with both parents Igbo is a senator in Italy, we don't try to emulate this things, but still cling on to this tribal dominance which has obviously taken us no where.

Ibos are law makers in Ogun, Ibadan, Lagos, and Ekiti state, can that be said as the same in Anambra, or any of the Igbo states? Yet we scream tribalism, and hold on to a false sense of dominance. People like Nnamdi Kanu use quotes which ideally should be against tribalism but use those quotes to fuel hate.

From the grossly unplanned markets in Onitsha and Akwa, to the very dirty, dangerous, unhealthy and erosion prone disaster in Aba market, we see clearly that the Igbos despite claiming to be the richest and best cannot and will never be able to develop their places, because the so-called Naija blood, which champions mediocrity, tribal bigotry, and "my self first", also runs in their veins. Ideally if the Igbos were United, there could have been some planning to the slums and chaos I passed through when visiting those places.

I spoke to an elderly lady early this month and we spoke about these issues. She spoke about a certain Igbo man who had risen the ranks in the Civil service, and was helping his kinsmen with Civil service jobs, she was also offered but had the chance to come to the UK back then. She said it was a difficult step but she came to the UK. In her words she made the best decision of her life. 2 of her children are Doctors, 2 Pharmacists, and last one also doing very well. In retrospect, she said her children will never have achieved this, and she would never had risen to the peak in Naija, because the MD must be an indigene if it was Naija, but she became the head of where she retired in, and not once did any one sneer that she wasn't British. She ended up saying the Biafra dream is some of the deception our leaders use to further a cause that leads no where, but to enrich their own pocket and grow their fame.

I have been in Igbo meetings where someone during a heated argument say, "Ebonyi man is not a real Igbo", and another say, "Abia man cannot champion the cause of the Igbos". These are the issues that we shy away from. Adding my darling Port Harcourt, and also Akwa-ibom, Delta, Bayelsa and Calabar to the equation greatly complicate things, the tribal sentiments even in Biafra with this additions will deepen.

Victor Banjo, and all the non-ibos in the old biafra struggle were killed, lied upon and disgraced by the same Igbos they tried to support, yet we forget quickly that we are our own problems and not anyone else.

If we will make any headway as Nigerians, it will be to shun tribalism, and decide to correct the mindset that have left us as a laughing stock in society. It's to reflect inwards and see that the only African countries that rose from their rubbles was when tribes decided to work together, and shun their false brotherhood. Rwanda is an example of a Country that rose from its ashes and is becoming the giant of Africa, by removing one thing, tribalism and greed, and deciding to become a Nation to reckon with.

2 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 13, 2019
Chibuzoc:
Igbo Amaka

She is not a Nigerian. She is British undecided

Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by Trojan00(m): 9:47am On Dec 13, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
yes, she is not Nigerian.

if free and fair election is held in Nigeria, Igbos will dominate everywhere
it is this idea of wanting to dominate Nigeria that puts Igbos in bad light. No tribe is superior or inferior to the other
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by 0monnak0da: 9:47am On Dec 13, 2019
PerkinDossier:
Anambra born Chinyelu has been winning UK parliamentary elections back to back since 2010. Congratulations

She is not Anambra Born

She is UK born

Learn how to use English properly

Nnamdi Azikiwe was Zungeru born

xxxxxx born simply indicates where a person was born . It is quite simple really
Re: Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament by 0monnak0da: 9:49am On Dec 13, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu: We Rejected Governors, Emefiele’s Moves To Stop EndSARS Protests / Biafra: What Buhari Should Have Done To Nnamdi Kanu- Yerima Shettima / Protest In Ikorodu As APC Supporters Cry Out Over Failure To Pay Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.