Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,727 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? (26131 Views)

How To Blow As An Upcoming Artist In Nigeria Music Industry / Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall / Wizkid Make It Hard For Me To Blow _-_ Seunstats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Justix10: 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
Jsha
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by wonlasewonimi: 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
No. You only need a single matchstick and petrol.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by TheRedpillguy: 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
You need davido
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
Go join Illuminati they control the media.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by GeneralPula: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:
I decided to post this topic here because this is the most visited page on Nairaland after the front page. I had some serious arguments with my friends because some of them were shaming me for slow progress in my musical career' mind you I started music since 2011 but I am yet to see a real breakthrough in my career though I have rejected some record deals in the past because they were suspicious to me.

One of my friends told me the reason I am yet to blow is because I didn't apply 'science' to my songs meaning I didn't apply juju to my career that all the big artists I know both local and international have some apply supernatural powers to their careers before they blew up that if I don't do the same that am going nowhere in music this got me thinking did Wizkid, Davido, Rema and Joeboy did all this blow or stay relevant because as for me I believe it's hardwork and opportunity but now am thinking otherwise.

Please make your own contributions thanks.

Lol

Igboro to daaru!

Well you don’t need any juju bro, just keep your head up against all odds and keep your cool. Even if you do juju, you go still calm down with am!

Ayinla Omowura said;

Suuru letutu aiye!
Patience nah hin be the sacrifice of life

E go be! cool
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by NaijadrivaCars: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
grin

No, but how good are you?

Be active on social media and always send your works to Don Jazzy and co. Rema was reportedly didcovered online.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by RexTramadol1: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
Maybe juju

Best to stay with God

In doubt....... transformer can help you to blow better
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Kreamie(m): 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
Yeah.

Afrojuju

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
Name of famous musician that doesn't add juju before he or she blow.. music is more than just jumping ups and downs on stage... Even comedian's are the baba. Some of our. Naija musician have turned to Oracle themselves. Dey don't need to consult any more....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by PotatoSalad(m): 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
Be the best at what you do, and the world will beat a path to your door.

Asking if juju will make you blow is like asking if prayers will make you draw better than Leonardo da Vinci.
Art is art, and art requires time, dedication and patience.

I know some musicians that aren't popular, but making insane amounts daily.

Does your music have a positive or negative impact on people? What value do you really want to create?
Ask yourself these questions before you start thinking of blowing.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2019
NaijadrivaCars:
grin

No, but how good are you?

Be active on social media and always send your works to Don Jazzy and co. Rema was reportedly didcovered online.

Myopic mentality. Shey nah only don jazzy be the music expert?
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by mrkunlex(m): 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
I am nt advising you to use juju but let me tell you the fact, for you to blow in your music career in this country you need to use juju. Those stars you are talking abt have skeleton inside their cupboard that they are nt willing to tell people

4 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Jerryembassy91(m): 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
Dude sense no go kill you ..well done
iLegendd:
Notice and Connection

There are 7 ways to make it in the music industry

1. Controversy + Talent
2. Juju + Talent
3. Connection + Talent
4. Wealth + Talent
5. Praising God + Storytelling + Talent
6. Physical Appeal + Talent
7. Consistency + Talent

Someone like Naira Marley used number 1 to blow.

Someone like (name_removed) used number 2. Maybe, Sky B? I didn't mention any name.

Someone like 2Face and Wizkid used number 3.

Someone like Davido and Kcee used number 4.

Someone like Timaya and Duncan Mighty used number 5.

Someone like Naeto C, Kiss Daniel, and Trey Songz used number 6.

Someone like Asa and Burna Boy used number 7. Some people may think Burna used number 2, but I doubt. Most Rivers state people hardly give up until they succeed.

If a Rivers man wants to kill you, he'll not give up until he gets you killed. If a Rivers man wants to succeed in music, he will not give up until he succeeds.

You must use one of the 7 ways above with a danceable beat or at least, a melodious (catchy) instrumental to blow.

Yes, you must promote your craft even after using one of the 7 methods above, else you no go blow.

The one person that can blow without promotion is number 1 — which is controversy + talent.

Oh, do you know controversy itself is promo? So, in summary, you must choose one of the 7 options and promote till you blow. No retreat, no surrender — packaging.

There is only one person who possesses all the 7 above and that is: Davido.

You must know the method you want to use in whatever you do and stay focused. When I started selling books here on Nairaland, I chose number 1 — which is Controversy + Talent and it worked and still works and will continue to work.

TALENT ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Conceptman: 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
Juju will give you more problem, stay consistent and keep doing what you do,look at where you need more touch to sell your songs. Best of luck
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by therajah: 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
You need mentorship, skill, talent, excellence, practice and if cos God. If u try juju, the devil will finish you. He wont give you anything free. You will cry all the days of ur success...

3 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Nigerfine3: 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
Meaningless Grammer for your book ilegend
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by uzohrome(m): 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
If you are new in the game make you go pay your tithe... If you know you know.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by SarkinYarki: 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
iLegendd:
Notice and Connection

There are 7 ways to make it in the music industry

1. Controversy + Talent
2. Juju + Talent
3. Connection + Talent
4. Wealth + Talent
5. Praising God + Storytelling + Talent
6. Physical Appeal + Talent
7. Consistency + Talent

Someone like Naira Marley used number 1 to blow.

Someone like (name_removed) used number 2. Maybe, Sky B? I didn't mention any name.

Someone like 2Face and Wizkid used number 3.

Someone like Davido and Kcee used number 4.

Someone like Timaya and Duncan Mighty used number 5.

Someone like Naeto C, Kiss Daniel, and Trey Songz used number 6.

Someone like Asa and Burna Boy used number 7. Some people may think Burna used number 2, but I doubt. Most Rivers state people hardly give up until they succeed.

If a Rivers man wants to kill you, he'll not give up until he gets you killed. If a Rivers man wants to succeed in music, he will not give up until he succeeds.

You must use one of the 7 ways above with a danceable beat or at least, a melodious (catchy) instrumental to blow.

Yes, you must promote your craft even after using one of the 7 methods above, else you no go blow.

The one person that can blow without promotion is number 1 — which is controversy + talent.

Oh, do you know controversy itself is promo? So, in summary, you must choose one of the 7 options and promote till you blow. No retreat, no surrender — packaging.

There is only one person who possesses all the 7 above and that is: Davido.

You must know the method you want to use in whatever you do and stay focused. When I started selling books here on Nairaland, I chose number 1 — which is Controversy + Talent and it worked and still works and will continue to work.

TALENT ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH.

Twale
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by livebyday(m): 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
iLegendd:

Your reply is good, but the bad side is the comparison. I don't give out my knowledge for free anymore doesn't make me second in what I do.

I'm the mentor of those who are or will be number 1. So, next time, don't compare. I hate that.

This is to say, I don't need to be number 1, but my boys can be number 1.

So, I'll be glad if you don't compare me next time with anyone. Thank you for your understanding.

If you rank someone number 1 just based on knowledge of women, then what will you rank another man who has knowledge of women, knowledge of money making, knowledge of sex, knowledge of health, knowledge of music, and knowledge of so many other fields?

#KeepItSlow.

Modest much?

undecided
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by joyandfaith: 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:
I decided to post this topic here because this is the most visited page on Nairaland after the front page. I had some serious arguments with my friends because some of them were shaming me for slow progress in my musical career' mind you I started music since 2011 but I am yet to see a real breakthrough in my career though I have rejected some record deals in the past because they were suspicious to me.

One of my friends told me the reason I am yet to blow is because I didn't apply 'science' to my songs meaning I didn't apply juju to my career that all the big artists I know both local and international have some apply supernatural powers to their careers before they blew up that if I don't do the same that am going nowhere in music this got me thinking did Wizkid, Davido, Rema and Joeboy did all this blow or stay relevant because as for me I believe it's hardwork and opportunity but now am thinking otherwise.

please share one of your release for analysis so we can determine if you can be successful in music industry or not

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by NaijadrivaCars: 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
Gforce2015:

Myopic mentality. Shey nah only don jazzy be the music expert?

Boy. Tell him na. That's my 1cent.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by livebyday(m): 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
[s]
1Sharon:
Yes. Ask Davido and the others who killed their mothers.

May Jesus Christ help us.
[/s]

Becareful the allegations you post online which you cannot prove

His mum died when he was a kid

Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by spirul77: 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
weather you have talent or not,the KEY is promo, promo no easy my brother, as big as wizkids and Davido is do you know how much they spend in promoting just one song? as an upcoming the best thing you can do for yourself is to create social media presence, buy instagram with large followers and start from there, even record labels don't sign upcoming without prior social media presence because it makes the pushing a lot easier for them, from rema, to Zlatan to teni to mayourkun to whoever was signed in the last five years has been through social media.make friends with FM djs ,OAPs in your town and splurge some cash.the sky is your limit bro.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by PotatoSalad(m): 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2019
mrkunlex:
I am nt advising you to use juju but let me tell you the fact, for you to blow in your music career in this country you need to use juju. Those stars you are talking abt have skeleton inside their cupboard that they are nt willing to tell people

Trash talk
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Famous4real(m): 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:

you should also ask yourself if you will like to reign for few months or forever.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by tugrow(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
With all, Good telent and God , can make you blow , but first of all find out if music is your destiny

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Mopolchi: 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
1Sharon:
Yes. Ask Davido and the others who killed their mothers.

May Jesus Christ help us.
undecided
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by bigpriik: 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
tugrow:
With all, Good telent and God , can make you blow , but first of all find out if music is your destiny

How do I find out?
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Balenciagabrain: 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
What you really need is a C4 to blow.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by LordFriar: 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which foreign song do you love without knowing the meaning of the song / Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review / A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.