Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? (26122 Views)

How To Blow As An Upcoming Artist In Nigeria Music Industry / Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall / Wizkid Make It Hard For Me To Blow _-_ Seunstats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by mechanics(m): 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
Hmmmmm, don't even yield to their antics, it will surely back fire, remember evil deeds don't last, and the adverse effects will be disastrous, which kind of music and which songs do you intend singing, if they will glorify God, then God will assist you but if not, you need to rethink if it's really your calling.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by EdwardRandy(m): 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
Kennyprince:
If u have got the talent already, then applying science is what u need

Entertainment is not a thing of God per say. So if u do it the God way, most times u won't get to the peak.

Perhaps. Your friends might just be saying the bitter truth. But it's your choice
Op is sleeping on a bicycle. Him think say the industry na where you go carry chaplet and bible for hand take blow cheesy
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Odinaka00(m): 6:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
The say I caught 9ice doing some fetish stuffs in ID Cabasa studio that was when I quit music cuz after just one week he did that.. His Song Gongo aso became national anthem

Your friend may have told you a bitter truth and another thing is.. If your natural talent blows You, you will still need to belong in oda to stay in the game and conquer some forces in the industry... Music is not easy oo

4 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Godhatesodomy: 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
wow
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by kingxsamz(m): 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:
I decided to post this topic here because this is the most visited page on Nairaland after the front page. I had some serious arguments with my friends because some of them were shaming me for slow progress in my musical career' mind you I started music since 2011 but I am yet to see a real breakthrough in my career though I have rejected some record deals in the past because they were suspicious to me.

One of my friends told me the reason I am yet to blow is because I didn't apply 'science' to my songs meaning I didn't apply juju to my career that all the big artists I know both local and international have some apply supernatural powers to their careers before they blew up that if I don't do the same that am going nowhere in music this got me thinking did Wizkid, Davido, Rema and Joeboy did all this blow or stay relevant because as for me I believe it's hardwork and opportunity but now am thinking otherwise.

Please make your own contributions thanks.

First of all, change your friends. It's obvious they think through their buttholes. Then come here and ask for advice.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Risingblue008(m): 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
Yes,why not?
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by kingxsamz(m): 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
Lol, when you use juju to blow, is it that people will be hypnotized to listen to your music? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by nairaman66(m): 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
Forward77:
My brother, the you answer is “No”

If you apply science according to you, you might loose your talent.

find out what other top musicians did;

You need to follow the right people
Make good music and improve.
Have some money(eg. 2-3m) to promote your music. Put The Universe first(God, Allah or whatever you believe in).

Success will surely come knocking on your door

What if he believes in juju?
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:
I decided to post this topic here because this is the most visited page on Nairaland after the front page. I had some serious arguments with my friends because some of them were shaming me for slow progress in my musical career' mind you I started music since 2011 but I am yet to see a real breakthrough in my career though I have rejected some record deals in the past because they were suspicious to me.

One of my friends told me the reason I am yet to blow is because I didn't apply 'science' to my songs meaning I didn't apply juju to my career that all the big artists I know both local and international have some apply supernatural powers to their careers before they blew up that if I don't do the same that am going nowhere in music this got me thinking did Wizkid, Davido, Rema and Joeboy did all this blow or stay relevant because as for me I believe it's hardwork and opportunity but now am thinking otherwise.

OP, why not change your username from "bigpriik", which brands you as someone using Nairaland to scout for Sugar Mummies, to something like "MusicStar" which is related to your desire? And if you have registered a stage name, then that would be better.

Also, comment regularly on NL and once in a while, drop a demo. Influencers on this site can help you broadcast it for free. But do more outside NL on several music blogs and radio station's social media handles non-stop.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by EdwardRandy(m): 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
Olamide and don jazzy are strong cele people, I'm sure you have heard how powerful or diabolic the cele people are? The great Fela kuti you know is a core Traditionalist, you know what that means? It means Fela worshiped his ancestors (juju). Flavour is a traditionalist too. Have you heard rumor about mercy aigbe, jaruma empire, Toke makinwa etc?..

The truth is you need a strong spiritual back up and push to succeed and yes your friend told you the truth.. For your info, I'm also into entertainment and I'm a traditionalist, you may have seen me on your TV (DSTV precisely) but I don't have to reveal myself. I'm still growing.

Disclaimer; I didn't say everybody in the industry belong somewhere or applied "science" but most of them do.. But mind you, you must have a strong/good talent before you begin to look for any science to apply. And please if you must do make sure you don't spill innocent blood.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by lonelydora: 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:

Don't stop because you are tired, stop when you are done. Keep pushing, one day you will hammer
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by SSBBN: 7:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
The following artists have done satanic rituals to have a flourishing career. Also any artists whose mothers or fathers dies at their prime are also suspect. It matters not if nobody believes me, still doesn't change the fact.

PSquare ( Circumstances about the death of their parent.

Dbanj (This nigger used his own son for sacrifice.

Olamide (Circumstances about his mothers demise)

DaGrin (RIP)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by kingxsamz(m): 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
Kennyprince:
If u have got the talent already, then applying science is what u need

Entertainment is not a thing of God per say. So if u do it the God way, most times u won't get to the peak.

Perhaps. Your friends might just be saying the bitter truth. But it's your choice

Please sir, can you explain to the congregation how juju makes one famous, or makes one's music to 'blow'?
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:

Lol 2011 too small now I don the spit bars b4 Cee became Nasty
Na so my friends de tell me too but I believe it's hard working and understanding the rhythm of the season that's all
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by kingxsamz(m): 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
mrkunlex:
I am nt advising you to use juju but let me tell you the fact, for you to blow in your music career in this country you need to use juju. Those stars you are talking abt have skeleton inside their cupboard that they are nt willing to tell people

So na the juju dey make you listen to the music of those stars?

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by shogsman(m): 7:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
Start by changing your monicker
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Theflow(m): 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
Even if you fake your own death, you fit still no blow "in falz's voice". forget juju and improve your talent bro
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by mrkunlex(m): 7:12pm On Dec 17, 2019
kingxsamz:

So na the juju dey make you listen to the music of those stars?
I'm nt listening to music bcuz of juju.Can you list name(s) of stars that didn't use juju
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
iLegendd:
Notice and Connection

There are 7 ways to make it in the music industry

1. Controversy + Talent
2. Juju + Talent
3. Connection + Talent
4. Wealth + Talent
5. Praising God + Storytelling + Talent
6. Physical Appeal + Talent
7. Consistency + Talent

Someone like Naira Marley used number 1 to blow.

Someone like (name_removed) used number 2. Maybe, Sky B? I didn't mention any name.

Someone like 2Face and Wizkid used number 3.

Someone like Davido and Kcee used number 4.

Someone like Timaya and Duncan Mighty used number 5.

Someone like Naeto C, Kiss Daniel, and Trey Songz used number 6.

Someone like Asa and Burna Boy used number 7. Some people may think Burna used number 2, but I doubt. Most Rivers state people hardly give up until they succeed.

If a Rivers man wants to kill you, he'll not give up until he gets you killed. If a Rivers man wants to succeed in music, he will not give up until he succeeds.

You must use one of the 7 ways above with a danceable beat or at least, a melodious (catchy) instrumental to blow.

Yes, you must promote your craft even after using one of the 7 methods above, else you no go blow.

The one person that can blow without promotion is number 1 — which is controversy + talent.

Oh, do you know controversy itself is promo? So, in summary, you must choose one of the 7 options and promote till you blow. No retreat, no surrender — packaging.

There is only one person who possesses all the 7 above and that is: Davido.

You must know the method you want to use in whatever you do and stay focused. When I started selling books here on Nairaland, I chose number 1 — which is Controversy + Talent and it worked and still works and will continue to work.

TALENT ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH.

Guy na true talk be that oh
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by LoudlyMouthed: 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:

You need jazz
Or is der any difference?

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Esep12: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
Music at times I shake my head when I see some upcoming artist wasting their hard hearnd money forget the advise people are given u bro.. If they have been in that shoes they will understand better, how frustrating it can be.. I ones gave up and switched to been a dj.. Music na occultist thing forget it either you've heard a good tune from joeboy or rema they are so many people out there far better than them, they are all initiated but u can't understand the logic if u are u not in the circle, this same structure is laid down in the USA long time ago, hiphop is been ruled by the devil so i will advise u follow ur heart brother.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Badgers14: 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:

Since you are on the front page.. why not post YouTube links of your songs... and see what people's response might be... you might even get a producer, marketer Etc.. that will be willing to take a chance on you..

Nairaland have millions of visitors daily.

This might be the "juju" you were looking for!!!

Eye wey see get share ooo grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Finnese001: 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2019
Op contact me for some good music, I'm a good writer

Let me give you a hit track for this Xmas
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by SEGLIZ: 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2019
nobi only juju, you need fuji, apala, awurebe, bolojo, reggae etc. nonsense.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by AfroBeatDiary: 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:

Diversify or else you get depressed, according to Japp, he has been doing #StreetlyGospel since 2001 and he's yet to be known on the mainstream but instead of having the same thought with yours, he diversify! Do same and take music as secondary. Start thinking outside music, not because it's not your way but for the possibility of not becoming a star so soon.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
joyandfaith:

please share one of your release for analysis so we can determine if you can be successful in music industry or not
Naira land like banning me when I share my songs add me on what's app 09057127874
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by explicitee(m): 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
No you don't
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Dextre(m): 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:

You need juju o,original one from ijebu. Otumokpo
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by TinyHacker: 7:38pm On Dec 17, 2019
no, you need cultism to blow as a musician now, not talent and you can't apply any science. That is low african mentality.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Forward77(m): 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
nairaman66:

What if he believes in juju?

Let’s be realistic; no amount of juju can make bad songs sound good in the ears of over 200 million Nigerians and millions more across the globe.

I learnt in my business class that a good product markets itself. Look at APPLE company; they never advertise their products.

He should make good irresistible songs.

Juju is a waste of time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which foreign song do you love without knowing the meaning of the song / Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review / A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.