Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,370 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? (26126 Views)

How To Blow As An Upcoming Artist In Nigeria Music Industry / Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall / Wizkid Make It Hard For Me To Blow _-_ Seunstats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by iLegendd(m): 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
IdowuCyber:
I have just taken down notes. Nothing beats bullet points in making points

Idowu Olayiwola

In my first comment, I only revealed 7 of them, but decided expose all of them.

8. Unique Voice + Talent
9. Producer + Talent
10. New Dance + Talent

Bonus: The bonuses can be found inside the book - they are worth reading.

Someone like Falz and Simi used this Unique Voice + Talent technique to blow. They changed the pitch or pronunciation of their words to get people to notice the uniqueness and funniness. At first, you won't like it, but as you listen to them more and more, you'll become addicted.

Someone like OJB, Kanye West, Tekno, Don Jazzy, Timberland, etc. used the Producer + Talent to get noticed by popular musicians. They made free beats secretly and sent them to famous musicians and when they got the producer's attention they needed from these famous people, they leveraged on that small fame and switched to writing their own songs or rap songs.

Someone like MC Galaxy - Sekem, Psy, the singer of Opa Gangnam Style, Patapaa, the singer of One Corner, Lil Kesh - Shoki, Zlatan - Zanku, etc. used the New Dance + Talent technique to blow.

Even Olamide took advantage of this technique to remain relevant. When you think Olamide is about to fade, he comes up with a new dance step and revives himself back again - this is the technique he uses and with this technique, he can never fade because people love to dance and he loves inventing new dance steps.

Despite using any of these techniques above, you MUST use technique 7 (Conisistency + Talent) and technique 1 (Controversy + Talent) to stay at the top of the industry, else you'll fade.

At the headies, that year, Olamide got angry with Don Jazzy and threw the mic - all na wash - it's part of the Controversy + Talent game.

Even Fela used Consistency and Controversy to stay at the top. In the entertainment or showbiz industry, you need the CC approach to keep floating, else you fade. Consistency + Controversy.

In the book, I went in details to explain everything in a simple to follow and implement approach with lots of examples and analysis.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by iLegendd(m): 7:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nigerfine3:
Meaningless Grammer grammar for your book ilegend

I dey fear to reply you. I hate replying someone who will start trolling and abusing me day and night with different monikers.

Grammar, not grammer. Fixed.

Case closed.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by elonize(m): 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
oghale23:

Certainly, for God to bless the artist, he has to be a gospel musician singing for God only. But if his other wise, singing about yansh, drugs, and all the other rubbish the 'stars' are singing about, he can't get blessing from God, rather it will be from the world.
hahahhahahhaaha,na really singing about yanch
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by IdowuCyber: 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2019
Thanks for the full list. I am impressed by the way you articulated the ideas. Keep it up

Idowu Olayiwola
iLegendd:

In my first comment, I only revealed 7 of them, but decided expose all of them.

8. Unique Voice + Talent
9. Producer + Talent
10. New Dance + Talent

Bonus: The bonuses can be found inside the book - they are worth reading.

Someone like Falz and Simi used this Unique Voice + Talent technique to blow. They changed the pitch or pronunciation of their words to get people to notice the uniqueness and funniness. At first, you won't like it, but as you listen to them more and more, you'll become addicted.

Someone like OJB, Kanye West, Tekno, Don Jazzy, Timberland, etc. used the Producer + Talent to get noticed by popular musicians. They made free beats secretly and sent them to famous musicians and when they got the producer's attention they needed from these famous people, they leveraged on that small fame and switched to writing their own songs or rap songs.

Someone like MC Galaxy - Sekem, Psy, the singer of Opa Gangnam Style, Patapaa, the singer of One Corner, Lil Kesh - Shoki, Zlatan - Zanku, etc. used the New Dance + Talent technique to blow.

Even Olamide took advantage of this technique to remain relevant. When you think Olamide is about to fade, he comes up with a new dance step and revives himself back again - this is the technique he uses and with this technique, he can never fade because people love to dance and he loves inventing new dance steps.

Despite using any of these techniques above, you MUST use technique 7 (Conisistency + Talent) and technique 1 (Controversy + Talent) to stay at the top of the industry, else you'll fade.

At the headies, that year, Olamide got angry with Don Jazzy and threw the mic - all na wash - it's part of the Controversy + Talent game.

Even Fela used Consistency and Controversy to stay at the top. In the entertainment or showbiz industry, you need the CC approach to keep floating, else you fade. Consistency + Controversy.

In the book, I went in details to explain everything in a simple to follow and implement approach with lots of examples and analysis.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by quincynyc(m): 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2019
Larryfest:
You don't need any juju to blow just try and source for correct cash to promote whatever you sing so everyone can see and hear you, it's not all this top artist sing anything wonderful in the first place they just had cash/ people who promoted their music.. With nice and current beat plus a nice video and promotions you too go blow in no time.
Lol bros u know how many millions some people don waste all in d name of promo? Baba no be by money alone now o especially when ur not talking billions or hundreds of millions at least! If u get 2m 3m-5m no spend everything on promo o you'll thank me later! It takes d Grace of God first then do u have d talent and are u on d right path I.e singing d right songs and being channelled to d right audience! If u like have voice pass Chris Brown or R Kelly and be singing R&B in Nigeria ur on ur own o! See d reigning artists of today no be gbese, gbe soul e and tesumole dey reign now? So be wise o
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Ilekokonit: 5:59am On Dec 20, 2019
bigpriik:
I believe it's hardwork and opportunity but now am thinking otherwise..

The only place where Success comes before Work is in the Dictionary.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Dromedia: 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2019
bigpriik:
I decided to post this topic here because this is the most visited page on Nairaland after the front page. I had some serious arguments with my friends because some of them were shaming me for slow progress in my musical career' mind you I started music since 2011 but I am yet to see a real breakthrough in my career though I have rejected some record deals in the past because they were suspicious to me.

One of my friends told me the reason I am yet to blow is because I didn't apply 'science' to my songs meaning I didn't apply juju to my career that all the big artists I know both local and international have some apply supernatural powers to their careers before they blew up that if I don't do the same that am going nowhere in music this got me thinking did Wizkid, Davido, Rema and Joeboy did all this blow or stay relevant because as for me I believe it's hardwork and opportunity but now am thinking otherwise.

Please make your own contributions thanks.
grin my G. It is all about hard work and favour, see how Burna boy is blowing like bubble when e time reach.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by bmdmixer: 4:18pm On Dec 20, 2019
time no ni

ARE YOU AN ARTIST? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Jackanda1(m): 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
englishmart:
You don need juju, what you need is simply jazz
Whats the difference?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which foreign song do you love without knowing the meaning of the song / Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review / A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.