Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? (26121 Views)

How To Blow As An Upcoming Artist In Nigeria Music Industry / Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall / Wizkid Make It Hard For Me To Blow _-_ Seunstats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Richie7(m): 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
Well,i'll just say if we look at nowadays music industry either you're a yahoo boy and sing hustle insipiration or smoke week with some best jazz.you can't easily blow if you're just a rapper. You can ask olamide
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Richie7(m): 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
Facebook account for sale 2012
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Forward77(m): 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
oghale23:

I beg to disagree. Jesus said in Mark 9:42, “But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone hung around your neck".

Singing about women buttocks and their various sizes doesn't glorify God; it mocks God. Singing about how you love miniskirt does not glorify God. Women dancing with pant and bra seductively in music videos does not glorify God. It causes young and old men and women to fall into sexual immorality.

The ruler of the world is the devil as stated in John 12:31. Though God is the creator of everything, the ruler and Prince of the world is Satan.

So, I agree if you ask, you shall receive but not asking God to bless what is filthy and profane. Instead the ruler of the world will bless the singer with sorrows attached.

You are right!
And i respect your opinion.

Are you of the conclusion that since he’s not going to be a gospel artiste, he should proceed to juju?

Like i said earlier, juju can not market a bad product. It’s that simple.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Flier: 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2019
therajah:
You need mentorship, skill, talent, excellence, practice and if cos God. If u try juju, the devil will finish you. He wont give you anything free. You will cry all the days of ur success...
Its all about money,pay few star artists to feature you
You will blow within 3 days

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Sofistcatdmoron: 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2019
misic nowadays is not really all about good music bro, its all about exposure and discovery,,
if music is all about good music ,then what is the meaning of "soco soco" bit that really blew,,
i know a lot of artists with good music but they never blew till they became discouraged and dropped music for other hustle
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by CharlesJok3r: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
Juju or whatever they call it is a fallacy.
In you quest and desperation to blow in music, Don't let anybody make you do fetish sh!ts and swindle you of your money.
Do your best and leave the rest. And if your best fails to make a difference just give up on music.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
Forward77:

You are right!
And i respect your opinion.

Are you of the conclusion that since he’s not going to be a gospel artiste, he should proceed to juju?

Like i said earlier, juju can not market a bad product. It’s that simple.

No. The answer is complicated. Everyone has come to an agreement that hard work and talent to some extent, financial backing can get you to the top but as we see in this world, to get to the top and remain there is another ball game entirely.

There are people behind the scenes who we do not see that are regulating the music Industry. Some say illuminati, where you have to sign a contract in blood for you to belong and succeed locally and world wide.

That is why I say it is complicated even gospel music is not left out.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Forward77(m): 9:25pm On Dec 17, 2019
oghale23:

No. The answer is complicated. Everyone has come to an agreement that hard work and talent to some extent, financial backing can get you to the top but as we see in this world, to get to the top and remain there is another ball game entirely.

There are people behind the scenes who we do not see that are regulating the music Industry. Some say illuminati, where you have to sign a contract in blood for you to belong and succeed locally and world wide.

That is why I say it is complicated even for gospel music is not left out.

That is totally your opinion and I respect it.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by CaptMarvel(m): 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
Juju", is he a promoter
bigpriik:
I decided to post this topic here because this is the most visited page on Nairaland after the front page. I had some serious arguments with my friends because some of them were shaming me for slow progress in my musical career' mind you I started music since 2011 but I am yet to see a real breakthrough in my career though I have rejected some record deals in the past because they were suspicious to me.

One of my friends told me the reason I am yet to blow is because I didn't apply 'science' to my songs meaning I didn't apply juju to my career that all the big artists I know both local and international have some apply supernatural powers to their careers before they blew up that if I don't do the same that am going nowhere in music this got me thinking did Wizkid, Davido, Rema and Joeboy did all this blow or stay relevant because as for me I believe it's hardwork and opportunity but now am thinking otherwise.

Please make your own contributions thanks.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Arlec(m): 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
bigpriik:
I decided to post this topic here because this is the most visited page on Nairaland after the front page. I had some serious arguments with my friends because some of them were shaming me for slow progress in my musical career' mind you I started music since 2011 but I am yet to see a real breakthrough in my career though I have rejected some record deals in the past because they were suspicious to me.

One of my friends told me the reason I am yet to blow is because I didn't apply 'science' to my songs meaning I didn't apply juju to my career that all the big artists I know both local and international have some apply supernatural powers to their careers before they blew up that if I don't do the same that am going nowhere in music this got me thinking did Wizkid, Davido, Rema and Joeboy did all this blow or stay relevant because as for me I believe it's hardwork and opportunity but now am thinking otherwise.

My brother yes!!! You must bath with soap,,, even zalatan did
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
As I see this your post it make me feel to consoul your soul now listen,

Vers 1

*Niqqer you don't need juju before can blow.
*dos who try it still remain on the street some even get mad.
*just try your best,give the rest to gad.
*success come through the hard,
* believe in yourself you re also the the best.
* stay focused soon connection will come that will take you up there.
* Bleep any niqqer who say juju is the only way blow.
* joko kode think and plan how far you wanna go.
* life is all about plan don't give up on the road.

Chorus :

Do I need juju to blow, Cox nobody knows me in industry make me wonder and think sah do I need juju to blow *3

Vers 2

*free your mind from what hold you back.
* Cox some niqqer still holding old memories in their life bag.
*no thing doesn't work that way.
* you gat to think new, talk new, make new friends that know ways.
* coz mechanic can't do business partner with carpenter
* meh do you check around who you call as a friend,
*dos niqqer take alot in our life.
*my guy just qive people what they want in your vibe.
*thats all what I have to say now juju is not the way to blow.

Chorus :*2
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Wettoid123: 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
So you don't know you need juju Your music has to be danced to at night before it can be dance to during the day.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by millionboi2: 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2019
BarrSly:
Ur friends might be saying the truth lol who knows?
Seriously. .I still suspect davido friends death
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by caye(m): 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
LZAA:
No u actually need talent and persona
And a serious label
Michael Jackson never wrote one song yet he was a megastar
Same as aaliyah and most r&b singers
U also need finance too

Are you sure M.J, Aaliyah and (R.Kelly) NEVER wrote a single song: we are the world, Back & forth, I Believe I Can Fly e.t.c?
We need , as men of wisdom, the necessity of double and triple- checking of facts and figures. It will help us especially in understanding truths.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by kingcornel(m): 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
U don't need juju,keep playing wack music Nd b expecting to blow cos music is blown blown(balloon) dt u pay #10 to get one Nd u blow anyhow u like...
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by LZAA: 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
caye:

Are you sure M.J, Aaliyah and (R.Kelly) NEVER wrote a single song: we are the world, Back & forth, I Believe I Can Fly e.t.c?
We need , as men of wisdom, the necessity of double and triple- checking of facts and figures. It will help us especially in understanding truths.
Quincy jones wrote 90% of MJ's songs with other writers
R kelly missy elliot static major and other weiters wrote for aaliyah
R kelly wrote for both aaliyah and Michael Jackson
So yeah they never actually wrote songs they just PERFORMED written songs
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by GregJames(m): 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
You done baff ?
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by aspiring44: 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
Cutehector:
Dont relent bro. The famous celebs you know never stopped!

Good one .

He should be consistent and persistent.

He who rush in , go rush out .
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by mruserandpass: 12:43am On Dec 18, 2019
Weldone. It shows the product of home you came from and I know you inherited visiting babalawo from your ungrateful parents.. From juju, you will graduate to rituals - killing human beings. But dont worry the long arm of the law will soon get u and you will rot in jail or jungle justice visit you except you repent.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by ForbesHomesNG(m): 1:57am On Dec 18, 2019
BarrSly:
Ur friends might be saying the truth lol who knows?
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by hustla(m): 5:22am On Dec 18, 2019
Kennyprince:
If u have got the talent already, then applying science is what u need

Entertainment is not a thing of God per say. So if u do it the God way, most times u won't get to the peak.

Perhaps. Your friends might just be saying the bitter truth. But it's your choice

So That guy that Sang Gangnam style used science too? All them Celine Dion nko? Na science?

Reminisce wey take like 7 years before e blow, na science?

grin
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by tck2000(m): 8:42am On Dec 18, 2019
iLegendd:

Your reply is good, but the bad side is the comparison. I don't give out my knowledge for free anymore doesn't make me second in what I do.

I'm the mentor of those who are or will be number 1. So, next time, don't compare. I hate that.

This is to say, I don't need to be number 1, but my boys can be number 1.

So, I'll be glad if you don't compare me next time with anyone. Thank you for your understanding.

If you rank someone number 1 just based on knowledge of women, then what will you rank another man who has knowledge of women, knowledge of money making, knowledge of sex, knowledge of health, knowledge of music, and knowledge of so many other fields?

#KeepItSlow.

Sir please can you tell me how to use controversy to become famous and give example?...P.S:I'm a footballer.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by ninocia18(m): 9:59am On Dec 18, 2019
bigpriik:

Bro the truth is that you can not get a major breakthrough just like that you actually that "science ". It is now left for you to decide the source. Whether you will flow Jesus Christ or go through the back door but the fact is that you must choose one and totally submit and serve and represent. Don't be decided you see all thus top names you hear, go behind the scene you will see the kind of things they put their hands in just to get fame. And believe me they pay heavily. So better carry the light yolk. You must not even sing gospel. Just sing songs that send the right message and teach the right values, invest in the kingdom and watch God uplift you. Your welcome.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Alfather: 10:54am On Dec 18, 2019
TheMostComplex1:

Gospel use charms
How u take know, who tell u that one? What am trying to point out is, mastership is charm itself.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Favour1990(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2019
Don't b stupid bro.....all u need is enough money and make sure u are good in music as a career because d both works hand in hands am a musician too
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Thebest12(m): 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2019
iLegendd:
Since the Op asked this question, I felt he isn't the only one harboring such a question on how to "blow," so I decided to expose everything in a book.

As a producer and multi-instrumentalist with lots of crazy stories to tell on this topic, I'm in the right position to expose the truth with lots of backup examples and step by step on how to apply all the 10 methods revealed in the book.
Please how can I get this book
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 18, 2019
is this a joke or what?, of course you need juju, in this age and time of social media, internet, free resources( beats, samples, etc ) and independent artists, because the juju go convince people to buy your music, or na the juju go produce the beats . fucking joke
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Robenna(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
Go Ahead And Do , Unless U Get Money
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Daguccizgreat(m): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2019
Kennyprince:
If u have got the talent already, then applying science is what u need

Entertainment is not a thing of God per say. So if u do it the God way, most times u won't get to the peak.

Perhaps. Your friends might just be saying the bitter truth. But it's your choice
Absolute truth
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Sprumbaba: 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
I thought Airforce1 created the thread grin grin grin grin
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by IdowuCyber: 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
I have just taken down notes. Nothing beats bullet points in making points

Idowu Olayiwola

iLegendd:
Notice and Connection

There are 7 ways to make it in the music industry

1. Controversy + Talent
2. Juju + Talent
3. Connection + Talent
4. Wealth + Talent
5. Praising God + Storytelling + Talent
6. Physical Appeal + Talent
7. Consistency + Talent

Someone like Naira Marley used number 1 to blow.

Someone like (name_removed) used number 2. Maybe, Sky B? I didn't mention any name.

Someone like 2Face and Wizkid used number 3.

Someone like Davido and Kcee used number 4.

Someone like Timaya and Duncan Mighty used number 5.

Someone like Naeto C, Kiss Daniel, and Trey Songz used number 6.

Someone like Asa and Burna Boy used number 7. Some people may think Burna used number 2, but I doubt. Most Rivers state people hardly give up until they succeed.

If a Rivers man wants to kill you, he'll not give up until he gets you killed. If a Rivers man wants to succeed in music, he will not give up until he succeeds.

You must use one of the 7 ways above with a danceable beat or at least, a melodious (catchy) instrumental to blow.

Yes, you must promote your craft even after using one of the 7 methods above, else you no go blow.

The one person that can blow without promotion is number 1 — which is controversy + talent.

Oh, do you know controversy itself is promo? So, in summary, you must choose one of the 7 options and promote till you blow. No retreat, no surrender — packaging.

There is only one person who possesses all the 7 above and that is: Davido.

You must know the method you want to use in whatever you do and stay focused. When I started selling books here on Nairaland, I chose number 1 — which is Controversy + Talent and it worked and still works and will continue to work.

TALENT ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which foreign song do you love without knowing the meaning of the song / Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review / A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.