Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype (63045 Views)

My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. / When Your Fiancée Is Ashamed Of Her Buttocks Size / My fiancée is cheating again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by golddare: 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
1. My people say we dont tell small pickin not to contract leprosy if he or she can stay in the forest alone. That was when leprosium was in the forest that people with leprosy were not allowed to stay in the town or city. Anyways, congratulations you are now a man, no regret, just keep praying for God intervention.
2. There is a guy in Ibadan who is SS but did a research and has been able to reduce his crisis to just once in a year through fruits. He just finished his youth corp service and looks fresh. So dont loose hope.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
Whatsoever a man sow, he shall reap.
But there's nothing God can not do . You may wish to seek medical advice
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by raphroye: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
Freethought:
I know a lot of you are going to blaim me buh please let your message to me come with an advise. We are in a state of real dilemma

Few months ago, i opened a thread on how we both found out we were both of AS genotype and how we couldn't stop having sex. Well as against some advices here, we didn't stop having sex until this past weekend wen we found out that she's pregnant.

I remember the month after we found out about the genotype, she told me she told her parents that she's gon get married to me no matter what, they practically begged her not to, telling her different stories of SS children they know

We haven't told anybody about the pregnancy yet . We are scared every single one of them will blame us and think we did it intentionally just to get married.

I love her and I'm sure she loves me too buh this pregnancy, the tot of it alone being SS is scaring the shit out of us.

We don't know what to do

You dey craze, what else do you want us to say?
This was my advice to you in your first thread

Bro's I know it's hard to let go when it comes to love, but for the sake of your unborn children you have to let go once and for all. One of my street sister lost her son whom was an SS. The wahala and night driving I did alone when the boy was growing up no be small, but at the end of the day the boy died at the age of 20...Bros please you gotta let go so that you don't impregnate her

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by SyrusdeHansome(m): 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2019
Snowale:
when we say no sex before marriage, they will abuse Islam, when we say marry young if you love each other and you have the means, they will say Islam preaches rubbish, some will say sex is different from marriage, now they will have to give birth to an SS child out of wedlock, still get married and the sin would be on their head forever. when the children finds out, they will hate their parents for it. Meanwhile, it is a 1/4 probability, I have an uncle like that, gave birth to just 2, luckily the two are AS.

Having sex is more sinful than killing ur fellow human abi. Religion of terror

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Kakamorufu(m): 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
lebron7:
O.P, it's still early go and do an amniocentesis test to know if the child has sickle cell
It's about 150k I think
i think its more than that undecided
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
Culin:
Sickle cell is not a death sentence. It's not even a terminal illness. They can live their normal lives and be great. Keep the baby and IF he/she turns out to be SS, you can set a good management routine like Vitamins, once in a while hydration etc. They're good ones out there, even though expensive. I know sicklers who are 40, 55 and older. My sister is 22 and living her best life, crises once in a while but she's doing better than most "normal" people.

Throw your fear away and enjoy the joy of pregnancy!

The truth is this; how many people want to marry a sickler? Even AS is even losing husband like daily MTN credit talkless of SS... Think about it.
What's worth doing, is worth doing well
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by pestrolus2002(m): 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
Snowale:
when we say no sex before marriage, they will abuse Islam, when we say marry young if you love each other and you have the means, they will say Islam preaches rubbish, some will say sex is different from marriage, now they will have to give birth to an SS child out of wedlock, still get married and the sin would be on their head forever. when the children finds out, they will hate their parents for it. Meanwhile, it is a 1/4 probability, I have an uncle like that, gave birth to just 2, luckily the two are AS.
Pls how is giving birth to a child with SS genotype different from when it is "in wedlock " and "out of wedlock"
2. Is it only Islam that preaches no to pre marital s.ex?
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by tunapawizzy: 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
davefieldpop:
You might be lucky like I am.
Me:As
Wife:As
3 kids:As
Who say God ain't good.
u no go born number 4?....lol. God really on ur side, Congrats

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
You people that are producing offspring out of wedlock,, God will punish you all.
Person neva ready to come out, you go force am out.
That child will now be suffering from watin he or she no no.

Waka.
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Ipheeoma24(f): 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
Freethought:
I know a lot of you are going to blaim me buh please let your message to me come with an advise. We are in a state of real dilemma

Few months ago, i opened a thread on how we both found out we were both of AS genotype and how we couldn't stop having sex. Well as against some advices here, we didn't stop having sex until this past weekend wen we found out that she's pregnant.

I remember the month after we found out about the genotype, she told me she told her parents that she's gon get married to me no matter what, they practically begged her not to, telling her different stories of SS children they know

We haven't told anybody about the pregnancy yet . We are scared every single one of them will blame us and think we did it intentionally just to get married.

I love her and I'm sure she loves me too buh this pregnancy, the tot of it alone being SS is scaring the shit out of us.

We don't know what to do
I honestly don't think u want an advice because u were warned told her parents hammered it but u refused to listen with the excuse that u cant stay away from each other right please in that same wat dont stay away from the baby once he is born ooo and everyday that child suffers that if he will be SS just know u caused it by entering into the fire.....I sha prat the baby is not SS and after that stay away oooo sex is sweet bt sweet things dey purge too
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by nairalandbuzz(m): 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2019
Freethought:

We don't know what to do

Guy,

Leave matter for Matthias. If you love her, marry her. Else you will hate yourself later because of SS pikin or sorts... YOu will give birth to children and you will literarily hate them cos they are not from her and u will b like SS children beta pass these ones (upon making any small mistake)...

I had a neighbour back then in Nigeria... Husband AS, wife AS and none of their children is SS... The first born though came prematurely I dont know why... but he survived it and very sharp boy... So, if u guys really love each other, Forget...

Oya, Go to Sickle Cell Foundation at Idi-Araba in front of LUTH. They will check if the baby is SS while still in the womb in case you want to remove it and be on a safe side... and if you still want to, you can keep the baby.. Keep the baby and make sure you have the money for medications like Hydroxyurea , Folic Acid, Reludrine (plus making sure baby stays under mosquito treated nets ALWAYS) and Pennicilin VK. Guy, the medications are not that expensive and u are good to go..

No fear o... stand gidigba... Love is happiness and there is nothing that heals better than happiness.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by uncjay(m): 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2019
Freethought:

We don't know what to do

If you eventual choose to keep this child. I pray the child beat the AS genotype cos if not, man your in for it oooooo. don't pray to see a child in crisis. it something no one wish for. the love you think you have will disappear like lightening. God help you

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by ProphetAmos: 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2019
cry
Donald95:
There is nothing bad marrying an AS woman when you are AS. Love is a very strong feeling which one cannot just wake up one day and throw into bin and then move on like nothing happened. No it doesn't work like that.

I will give you advice based on what my uncle did. Check the baby's Genotype, if it is Sickle, Abort it. My grandfather AS married AS too. Had 13 children, They only had one Sickler which means you two could be AS but yet produce AA and AS children only
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by lastempero: 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2019
bonnyhope:

Must you mention Buhari in every comment?

Yes oo,he is the cause of this man's problem and probably most cases in Nigeria so u better chill with the fact.
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by maasoap(m): 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2019
galaxy2020:
Even if you guys wanted to have se.x, you should have used protection, knowing your genotype

God bless you abundantly. He didn’t heed advice of everyone around him to stop the relationship. They didn’t stop having sex. To crown it all, no protection in form of condom or pills! These dudes were looking for pregnancy, I'm sure 100%.
My advice to you, Freethought. You need a good doctor who will have pity on both of you and do the needful, I don't need to loud it for you.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by maasoap(m): 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
Donald95:
There is nothing bad marrying an AS woman when you are AS. Love is a very strong feeling which one cannot just wake up one day and throw into bin and then move on like nothing happened. No it doesn't work like that.

I will give you advice based on what my uncle did. Check the baby's Genotype, if it is Sickle, Abort it.

Best advice

[s]My grandfather AS married AS too. Had 13 children, They only had one Sickler which means you two could be AS but yet produce AA and AS children only [/s]

Gambling
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Kennydoc(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
Snowale:
Oga, Christianity also preaches against premarital sex and marital infidelity (fornication and adultery). Nobody abuses Islam for it.
Nobody also abuses Islam for early marriage except when old men marry teenage girls who barely know what menstruation is all about.
Like I mentioned earlier, Christianity preaches against all forms of sexual immorality, just that many people who call themselves Christians find themselves unable to keep the injunctions. In a similar manner, I believe Islam preaches against terrorism, yet most of the terrorist groups in the world are linked to Islam.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
pestrolus2002:

Pls how is giving birth to a child with SS genotype different from when it is "in wedlock " and "out of wedlock"
2. Is it only Islam that preaches no to pre marital s.ex?
I never said it is only Islam that preaches such, I meant when I Muslim says it, the try finding fault in Islam.

And as for the genotype, Islam teaching urge anybody who wants to get married to do the test first, before the marriage proper, the couple must be compatible, just like Nigerian constitution, the couple must submit their genotype result before given the certificate of marriage.
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by monfizzy(m): 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2019
Go do a scan of the baby to determine their genotype and if SS terminate it and if not then keep it. I’m a healthcare practitioner and have met a couple who both are AS and have 2kids both AS. They were very much in love and didn’t allow genotype separate them. They had to terminate their second pregnancy when diagnosed to be SS. Don’t know if such genotype test of the foetus can be carried out in a Naija. I live in the UK

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by maasoap(m): 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
ThothHermes:
Imagine oo.

The guy don give up based on say him no fit ever get money for the diagnosis for him life.

Never see this kind thing. The kind of stupid advice Nigerians were giving him on that thread.

Can you imagine an American couple refusing to marry for this flimsy reason.
Nigerians na wa.
https://www.nairaland.com/5299165/how-get-over-ex-whom

Any new advice for op this time around?
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
SyrusdeHansome:

Having sex is more sinful than killing ur fellow human abi. Religion of terror
How many members of your family have a Muslim killed, and give me the verse in the Quran that preaches terrorism.
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
DenreleDave:

You are a big fool... How does AS concerns Islam.. Fool.

No be una ijab sister dey Bleep dick anytime. Married or not married..
LOOL, see frustration, Islam is a way of life that guides mankind how to live a better life. Christians do wear hijab nowadays, a true Muslim won't disobey any God's law
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Kennydoc(m): 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
Important advice for all AS guys here. Before you attempt to ask a girl out, find out her genotype. I am AS and I've never dated any AS girl for that reason. They say love is blind, but it's only when crises start that you will realise it (love) has a very good eye sight.
Also, let's try as much as possible to shun premarital sex. It's not easy but it's doable.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Liposure: 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
Riyahgoddess, u really hit d nail on this matter.u are one hell of a goddess.i duff my hat 4 u.
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by kollins3(m): 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
Freethought:

We don't know what to do

Although, all faiths frown at premarital sex....

But scientifically, there is no barrier for two AS marrying for the sake of love: Although the probability of having SS for every pregnancy is usually 1/4 , in which you guys may be lucky.
Also, due to technological improvement there is a recommended test called CHORIONIC VILLUS SAMPLING (CVS) usually at the first trimester (the first three months of pregnancy) to detect the genotype of the foetus.... This will guide you whether to leave it or otherwise.
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by DenreleDave(m): 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
Snowale:
LOOL, see frustration, Islam is a way of life that guides mankind how to live a better life

Yes a way of life to thousands but a way of death to billions..

Suicide bombers, isis, AL queda... Islam leaders..Bleep 99 Virgins in hell, with which prick abeg?
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2019
vicbry007:

Bro no da involve religion,pikin wa don spoil don spoil,religion no fit change anything
One imam da our area wey be say him only two daughters da collect doggy for anywhere,back of motor,under canopy ,any where at all as long as them fit position for am,Muslim girls da our side wey wey and most of them get belle out of wedlock (boyfriend and girlfriend) also self Christians da like that plenty oooo
So no drag religion
Who spoil . Spoil
All I meant is, Islamic cul which people shuns, is actually a very good culture. And there are those that calls themselves Muslims but disobeys most Islamic laws

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
lizychimamanda:
see this jjc o, so u think no pre Marital sex in Islam?
I said Islamic teaching doesn't condole premarital sex, any Muslim/non-muslims that does it, sins
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
profolaolu:
Mr don't bring your religio-centrism here, there no religion that allow premarital, even in CHRISTianity the only reason you can divorce your wife is if she is not a virgin when you marry her.
I said nothing about other religions, I said my belief, and you are free to say yours
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by darlenese(f): 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
so?
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Viicfuntop(f): 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
Snowale:
Not every religion. And It pains you guys when I say it's an Islamic preaching, if I said it's your religion preaching you would have kept mute

Man all I ma saying is that every religion preaches against premarital sex. Why would it “pain me”, exactly? No offense but your comment made no sense
Re: My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype by Judybash93(m): 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
Carry your cross

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Got Cheated On And This Is How. / How I Caught My Girl Yesterday. / Hilarious .. Most guyz are guilty of this (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.