Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. (27428 Views)

I Am Getting Married On 18th April 2020. Kogi Here We Come / My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype / Identical Twin Sisters Get Married On Same Day To Men From Same State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Barbados20(m): 7:48am On Feb 06, 2023
Goodmorning house. Family and friends are pressuring me to marry but this is the dilemma am going through.

Genotype has become a major barrier for me to get married to lady whom I love. We are tested both AS. My fiancee is from the same ethnic and christian background like me.

On the other hand, I have this female friend whom i recently ask to know about her gnotype. She told me she is AA. Like joke, i ask for confirmation and she brought all d test results frm different lab. The issue is now this female friend is not from my tribe, she from a muslim background although she does not seriously practice it.

My fiancee from my tribal background, but genotype did not match with me. And the other lady from different background, she is AA and match with me. One girl I dated then was AA but the love was not there between us.

Its really frustrating to be AS if you are a Man that want to settle down I am really confused right now. Am above 30. How do i handle this issue of Genotype, ethinc and religious issues? Pls i need advice.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:53am On Feb 06, 2023
Love alone does not keep marriage

You can ask the married couples.

I think you are already understanding that.

My brother sickle cell is not childs play. You will have high BP. You will regret your decision of marrying and then the love for don clear comot for your eyes.

It can not work.

Don't bring children to suffer because of your own love and desperation to marry.

On health grounds it is not worth it.

256 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Enskynelson(m): 7:58am On Feb 06, 2023
One of the major characteristics of a MAN is the ability to be responsible for your own decisions. Don't let any person force you into taking any decision especially a life-long decision. None of those people pushing u or putting pressure on you to get married will help you settle your marriage issues. There's much more to life than getting married.
You need to press a reset button and look again to see if you are ready for marriage. Secondly, look elsewhere. Those two persons are not the only people in this world. Be more open-minded in your search and also be prayerful about it.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Mrkumareze(m): 8:01am On Feb 06, 2023
Expand your Tent
Avoid AS, SS is worst than HIV
Calm down, women easily deceive al desperate men Into marriage
If tribe is a factor to you, you can join some group where your tribe re dominant , that was how I got my woman

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by siofra(f): 8:05am On Feb 06, 2023
Marry but don't have kids. You can adopt if you really want one.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Badhguy(m): 10:07am On Feb 06, 2023
You can still have up to three kids, all (AS) if you go ahead. It is from the 4th child that comes out as (SS). You can confirm this by asking your doctor.

7 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Delight2014(m): 10:15am On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:
You can still have up to three kids, all (AS) if you go head. It is from the 4th child that comes out as (SS). You can confirm this by asking your doctor.
It doesn't actually work that way my dear
I can attest that some firstborn may be SS, so it varies

127 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Enskynelson(m): 10:28am On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:
You can still have up to three kids, all (AS) if you go head. It is from the 4th child that comes out as (SS). You can confirm this by asking your doctor.
Not true. Every baby born has a change of about 25 per cent of being SS.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by 1Sharon(f): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2023
AS genotype shouldn't be a hindrance! If you meet a woman that is AS you can still go ahead.

Go for genetic counselling, there are options.

You can do:

amniocentesis OR

pre implantation genetic diagnosis.

Those options are if you have the money and are brave enough.

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Atarakpa: 10:58am On Feb 06, 2023
I feel your pain. We AA o+ are the moving train..... Any hole that's comes around the 1 with balls will sure do....

11 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Queendera(f): 10:59am On Feb 06, 2023
It's painful. We get it.

But time they say heals all wounds, well except that of a sickle cell child.

You are not limited to the two ladies you mentioned.

Leave the first girl alone. And if you don't find the second girl desirable for marriage, leave her alone too.

You are a man. A hunter. Go into the forest and get your hands dirty. Find other girls and start again.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by WediZese: 10:59am On Feb 06, 2023
Yrd

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by mhonghorll: 10:59am On Feb 06, 2023
follow your head, and not your heart

Barbados20:
Goodmorning house. Family and friends are pressuring me to marry but this is the dilemma am going through.

Genotype has become a major barrier for me to get married to lady whom I love. We are tested both AS. My fiancee is from the same ethnic and christian background like me.

On the other hand, I have this female friend whom i recently ask to know about her gnotype. She told me she is AA. Like joke, i ask for confirmation and she brought all d test results frm different lab. The issue is now this female friend is not from my tribe, she from a muslim background although she does not seriously practice it.

My fiancee from my tribal background, but genotype did not match with me. And the other lady from different background, she is AA and match with me. One girl I dated then was AA but the love was not there between us.

Its really frustrating to be AS if you are a Man that want to settle down I am really confused right now. Am above 30. How do i handle this issue of Genotype, ethinc and religious issues? Pls i need advice.

3 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by mostHandsome01: 10:59am On Feb 06, 2023
I will be brutally honest with you and summarise as much as I can.

Believe me, it is better to marry who you love and loves you back than to marry someone because they are AA and after marriage, your life becomes miserable. Many ignorant people will tell you, don't marry your fiancee, you will suffer if you do, etc. But the truth is, knowing you and your fiancee are AS doesn't mean you will both go ahead to have children with SS. You can marry your fiancee that is also AS if you are properly informed. Many will tell you it is not worth it. Yes, it is not worth it to give birth to SS children and let them suffer, but it is worth it to get married to who will give you peace and then you both go through other well known, well proven means of giving birth to children without SS.

Some will tell you, it's too expensive to do as though the money is coming out of their pockets. This mostly happens in Nigeria due to the so many uneducated and uninformed people we have . Some are even educated but still uninformed. Technology has changed the scope of many things. To cut the long story short. If you must marry someone who is AS like you. Do not make the mistake of having a child without doing one of the 2 options below...

1) Prenatal testing: fertility clinics in Nigeria do this. When a woman is pregnant, they check the genotype of the fetus, if the featus is AA or AS (75% chance) they leave the fetus. But if the fetus is SS(25% chance) they safely remove the fetus. Now this isn't for everyone as some people may feel it's against their morals to remove a fetus even if it's SS. So for people like this, you can go for the second option

2) PGD : this is a process where a woman's egg is fertilized with a man's sperm. Several specimen will be carried out, the couple can then choose the one with either AA or AS, that way they stand no risk of having an SS child. Some people use this process to choose the gender of a child. And this process can also lead to twin and even more as many celebrities or people looking for children do this and that's why you see them giving birth to twins at once.

Now listen to me, some people will still discourage you. They will say the stress is not worth it because they are already lucky to find a partner that's AA. Some will say the money is too much even though the money isn't coming out from their pocket. The decision is yours and yours alone. If you want to marry for love and peace and the person giving you this is AS. Go for any of the options above. It's all your choice to make. So there you go. You either marry AA, or do any of the options above. Just make sure you do not have SS children.

93 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by ConfidentialDoc: 11:00am On Feb 06, 2023
About 50% of Nigerians are AS, that means one out of 2 Nigerians carry the sickle cell trait. Less than 40% are AA and under 4 % are SS.

Your options

1.Marry AS like yourself and do prenatal diagnosis
You will abort any SS fetus before the end of the first trimester

2. Marry someone of European ancestry. They don't have the condition

3.Wait for biotechnology to come up with a cure or work around before you marry. It's very possible this century especially with the Advent of AI

4. Don't marry anyone.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Hendrixky: 11:00am On Feb 06, 2023
Okay

You can risk it though

It is a random selection

Badhguy:
Na night school you go
You dull finish

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Bigseven(m): 11:00am On Feb 06, 2023
First of all I’m glad you know that no magic can be done for you to marry AS like you otherwise you’ll pay daily with tears.

Secondly, if you don’t want to marry any other faith than yours then you need to pray to your God for guidance not any pastor o but you and the God you serve, then start socializing, attending events seminars, making reasonable commitments on social platforms who knows even here on NL your wife is patiently waiting. On the lighter note though. But ask your friend to marry you and if she loves you she’ll beside marriage no matter for heaven in my faith as a Christ follower.
May God bless you with AA lady

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by JustANairlander(m): 11:00am On Feb 06, 2023
Try getting married to an AA that loves you

I JUST LOVE MY GENOTYPE WE NO GET WAHALA AT ALL!

5 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by SmartPolician: 11:00am On Feb 06, 2023
My AS female friend has lost a lot of potential suitors due to her genotype. The other day, she called me and was crying. Husbands are scarce and now imagine a girl losing the few suitors who come around. A lot of guys out there are mere fvck boys!

We cannot continue like this. Nigerian health experts should do something about this. These posh people, who speak highly of themselves and profession, should justify why they went to school. We must not wait for Americans to solve all our problems. Unfortunately, the Caucasians don't even see this as a problem among themselves that's why they rarely talk about it

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Bananapill: 11:01am On Feb 06, 2023
Barbados20:

Keep searching. It will produce good result soon.

3 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by abobote: 11:01am On Feb 06, 2023
Are you kidding me ? We AS we are not even much, AA full everywhere, if you are a lady, I will understand, but a man saying this, is shameful.
When I discovered that I was AS, any lady I'm about starting a serious relationship with, I will take her to genotype test.
Abeg girls full everywhere, except you are not exposed and broke at the same time

24 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Fedrick100: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2023
God abeg make my genotype be AA oo
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by tishbite42: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:
grin grin grin grin
You are using Biology diagrams and schematics for your analysis.
It doesn't work that way
AS + AS
AA, AS, SS
It doesn't have a sequence
Some AS couples can give birth to AA children
It is just luck

17 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by emmanuelbrown26: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2023
Mission impossible, forget about d so called love. When d chips are down that's when u will understand d meaning of life.
U sounded like somebody that can't take decision and accept d outcome of that decision. U want to get married bcs ur people are telling u to do so not that u hv fully made up ur mind.

Meanwhile death sentence to all batified bastard urchins

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Ecupotura: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2023
Please Vote for PETER OBI for a better Nigeria

God bless you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by VeryWickedSimp: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2023
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Padesade: 11:03am On Feb 06, 2023
Too bad
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by bluefilm: 11:03am On Feb 06, 2023
Barbados20:

Just go and stand in the ATM queue.

By the time e reach your turn to draw, I am sure either you have become AA or the muslim babe will become your tribesman.

One of these things must happen.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? / Two Nlanders Invites The Nairaland Family To Their Wedding. See Pre Wedding Pics / My Six Years Relationship Almost Crashing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.