Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,803 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain (58984 Views)

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. / An American Woman With Two Husbands And Three Children Is Causing A Stir Online / Sex Is Causing Problems In My Marriage, Help Me Save My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Conceptman: 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
Damilola, I pray you find that peace you've always had in your marriage back , I will want you to compare the peace u once had in your marriage with the one u are currently having, trust his words, if he wants to open a shop for you please gladly accept it, having a happy home Is better than anything, will you be able you both have to argue everyday over you all that happened in your place of work or u found yourself coming late to the house, please listen to him and talk about it I'm sure you will both find peace again. God bless ur home , please go and resolve this issue before things gets of hand. If he doesn't deny you of anything you want abeg my sister go hug your man
Damilolacoker:
Hello everyone I'm 24 years old and I have been married for three years. last year we had our first baby . Prior to our wedding, I and my husband decided I'll be allowed to work once our baby is old enough to attend day Care. Now our daughter is almost 2 years and he has refused to let me work. We've had countless arguments about this and it always ends with him saying women who work are not always submissive. I cannot be a full house wife , I am educated and cannot sit at home all say.

He recently told my parents I was being rude to him and they're all saying I should do whatever my husband wants. I love him but on this issue, I refuse to agree with him.

The other part here is he doesn't like me correcting our daughter. She's almost 2 and it irritates him whenever I try to potty train her or scold her. He insists I go to check up on Her at school during break hours. I understand that she's quite young but as her mother, I want the best for her.

Now he's changed towards me, he doesn't care or pamper me like he used to , sometimes he refuses to eat at home and when I try to speak with him, he's always very cold. Please help me, I don't know what to do anymore.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by projectorz: 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
I'm in full support of what SBL28 said. In additions :

DO NOT GET PREGNANT
DO NOT GET PREGNANT
DO NOT GET PREGNANT

This is his next target since you are being stubborn about it.

You sef na wah for you! Age 21 is an age a young lady starts discovering herself. Set out goals, be on a career path. But you allowed him sweet tongue you, now you see!

When a lady marries late, people like you will call her names. Old cargo, gwegz etc.

If you allowing his pressure deter you from getting a job or at least start a business which MUST be funded by him, I hope you dont regret in future.

Again, this is a technique men use to disarm women. They will cheat maltreat, beat, break the woman. They know she has no where to run as she's fully dependent on them, wicked!

Mind you, I'm ELEVEN years in marriage. My husband fully supports me to be whatever I want to be. I'm even lagging behind sef in his view. Thats how real men behave. And yes our kids are fine and in safe hands.

BE WISE!

SBL28:
You have to take some hard decisions. Your parents failed you by not fighting for you, it is now left to you to save yourself.

You should be doing something meaningful with your life. Why did he not marry a stark illiterate instead of imprisoning someone's daughter.

Go and start looking for a job and avoid getting pregnant at this period (that is what some men use to pin down their wives). If he wants to break the marriage because of that, let him. You can't just be sitting on your hands waiting for him to feed you for the rest of your life.

Edited to add for the slow pokes here yarning dust under my comment:

No sensible man will divorce his wife because she got a job. She can't be crying about not being able to do a job she does not even have on the first place. For how long will she continue to nurture her husband's insecurities?? She should look for a job that won't be too far, somewhere she won't have to close late so he won't have more ammunition to use against her.

Many older women today regret not standing up for themselves on time. The earlier the issue is trashed out the better.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Deepthoughts: 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
Damilolacoker:
Hello everyone I'm 24 years old and I have been married for three years. last year we had our first baby . Prior to our wedding, I and my husband decided I'll be allowed to work once our baby is old enough to attend day Care. Now our daughter is almost 2 years and he has refused to let me work. We've had countless arguments about this and it always ends with him saying women who work are not always submissive. I cannot be a full house wife , I am educated and cannot sit at home all say.

He recently told my parents I was being rude to him and they're all saying I should do whatever my husband wants. I love him but on this issue, I refuse to agree with him.

The other part here is he doesn't like me correcting our daughter. She's almost 2 and it irritates him whenever I try to potty train her or scold her. He insists I go to check up on Her at school during break hours. I understand that she's quite young but as her mother, I want the best for her.

Now he's changed towards me, he doesn't care or pamper me like he used to , sometimes he refuses to eat at home and when I try to speak with him, he's always very cold. Please help me, I don't know what to do anymore.
You don't want to be submissive to the man but you want him to pamper you!, pamper kill you there.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Landnaira5: 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
SBL28:

It won't break. The man will have to bend last last. She can't be crying at home without being proactive. She should get the job and they can take it up from there. Let him go and tell the world that he wants to divorce his wife because she's working and see whether they won't laugh at him.

The funny thing is even if she gets a job/business, these type of men will still ask her to submit salary. It’s all about control. When older men marry wayy younger girls it’s mostly always about control.

OP Sorry ehn, as long as you’re married to this type of man you will forever be dependent on him. It’s up to you to decide what is most important to you, if you both are not able to reach a compromise.

10 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by healthserve(m): 10:52pm On Dec 17, 2019
Dalby:

This is her side of the story Bros always remember that!!!lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed

I'm not juvenile. That's why I didn't chide the husband nor support anything. Read comments well. What I saw plainly is what I addressed " deliberate and desperate attempts to subjugate" abi wetin be the grammar

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by healthserve(m): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
projectorz:

DO NOT GET PREGNANT
DO NOT GET PREGNANT
DO NOT GET PREGNANT

You sef na wah for you! Age 21 is an age a young lady starts discovering herself. Set out goals, be on a career path. But you allowed him sweet tongue you, now you see!

When a lady marries late, people like you will call her names. Old cargo, gwegz etc.

If you allowing his pressure deter you from getting a job or at least start a business which MUST be funded by him, I hope you dont regret in future.

Again, this is a technique men use to disarm women. They will cheat maltreat, beat, break the woman. They know she has no where to run as she's fully dependent on them, wicked!

Mind you, I'm ELEVEN years in marriage. My husband fully supports me to be whatever I want to be. I'm even lagging behind sef in his view. Thats how real men behave. And yes our kids are fine and in safe hands.

BE WISE!

I support this comment just like SBL28.

Men need to stop deliberately destroying their wives. It's annoying.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Dalby(m): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
Leebeedo:
If all you said is true, then I'm sorry to say YOU MARRIED A BOY
Hear from the man first o, because na him know the kind of women when him marrylipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Desric(m): 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
healthserve:

Shut it. His attitude is toxic. Read beyond the lines. Also, because I see many rights and wrongs on both sides I almost did not comment beyond that he's holding his wife a prisoner in the guise of marriage. Healthy marital relations is a sideways relationship and not vertical horizontal, master slave relationship. Go and learn the difference.
And what's so "toxic" about the man here, that he is not disposed to his wife working? is that what you call toxic already? With your mentality, you can live successfully with any man in a marital relationship anywhere around the globe, unless the union comes with your own terms and conditions.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
YorubaKing:

Lady, You're sure not OK... angry That the parents advised her to respect her husband is a problem, abi? You get mental problem, I swear! angry Olofo!

Lol, na so e pain you? cheesy you go dey alright, na small fry you be.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Desric(m): 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
Deepthoughts:
You don't want to be submissive to the man but you want him to pamper you!, pamper kill you there.
My brother see wahala o, no wonder these days a lot of ladies can not survive 10momths in a marriage and when advised by their mums they'll say the woman is old fashioned, still with their new fashion, they can't keep a home.
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Sukkyy2010: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
This issue isv ery simple dear,concerning your job all you need to do is to convince him...let him know your interest in getting a job is not for your personal good but for his own good.use many convinceable point to win him over so that he won't keep esteem you been selfish about it.
But as for you daughter raising,you need to be cordial with that little girl and understand that been aggressive is not the best way to raise child but intimacy with instruction from a friendly voice and expression...This is my acumen over your matter and one more important note to is that you've got your own husband its also like your child you're raising so learn how to leave with him and know the applicable manner to convince him.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
projectorz:

DO NOT GET PREGNANT
DO NOT GET PREGNANT
DO NOT GET PREGNANT

BE WISE!

God bless you my sister. Real men want their wives to succeed, they don't subdue them.

9 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by jesmond3945: 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
SBL28:
You have to take some hard decisions. Your parents failed you by not fighting for you, it is now left to you to save yourself.

You should be doing something meaningful with your life. Why did he not marry a stark illiterate instead of imprisoning someone's daughter.

Go and start looking for a job and avoid getting pregnant at this period (that is what some men use to pin down their wives). If he wants to break the marriage because of that, let him. You can't just be sitting on your hands waiting for him to feed you for the rest of your life.

Edited to add for the slow pokes here yarning dust under my comment:

No sensible man will divorce his wife because she got a job. She can't be crying about not being able to do a job when she does not even have one in the first place. For how long will she continue to nurture her husband's insecurities?? She should look for a job that won't be too far, somewhere she won't have to close late so he won't have more ammunition to use against her.

Many older women today regret not standing up for themselves on time. The earlier the issue is trashed out the better.
the best advise. she would regret if she doesnt listen to you.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Conceptman: 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
Feminist are coming in large numbers for this thread, madam abeg choose wetin u want peace or the other way. To divorce no easy, to be single again. If your husband is not the violent type he Doesn't beat you abeg go hug your thing before you go use your hand throwaway better thing omo gidi bi iyan

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Conceptman: 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
grin
Obason22:
Is only baby mama or club girl can offer such advice.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by healthserve(m): 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
Desric:
And what's so "toxic" about the man here, that he is not disposed to his wife working? is that what you call toxic already? With your mentality, you can live successfully with any man in a marital relationship anywhere around the globe, unless the union comes with your own terms and conditions.

You read the letter, I read into, beyond and beneath the letter. wink

He's trying to break her down psychologically Nd then subdue her. Men build their wives not destroy them. Marriage should improve a woman not destroy her. When they're raised in damaged homes, they won't learn a better template to manage a home. Did you see God destroy Jesus to raise His authority higher?

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Surulereman(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
This is what happens when two very young naive people get into marriage. One of you must let go, to enable the marriage work. It's too early for all this. Oga's stand that working class wives are not submissive is primitive. That's a big problem. They should go for serious counseling.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by jesmond3945: 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
Damilolacoker:

*He was raised by a single mom .
*well not really. I don't know why he's so adamant on this one .
*my mom doesn't even want to listen to me, they all think I'm just being stubborn. They just listened to him and decided I was wrong .

you think your parents want to offend their inlaw? Do you know that marrying you out of the house is the greatest gift your husband gave to them.
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Deepthoughts: 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
Desric:
My brother see wahala o, no wonder these days a lot of ladies can not survive 10momths in a marriage and when advised by their mums they'll say the woman is old fashioned, still with their new fashion, they can't keep a home.
Don't mind her n her type,dem go hear wheeen!.
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Desric(m): 11:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
projectorz:

DO NOT GET PREGNANT
DO NOT GET PREGNANT
DO NOT GET PREGNANT

BE WISE!

Do not get pregnant abi, thank God she already has a child.
My all marriages are not the same o, one man's food is another man's poison o. learn how to make your marriage work, or if you think you can cope, you can make use of the latest technique "DIVORCE" to avoid all the headache.
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by coolviv: 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
But the thing is, why agree on something with a fellow human being like you then change it suddenly when you feel you have trapped her?
If he had said he didn't want a wife who works during courtship, would she not have had the opportunity to leave him and look for a man who shares her belief? Why this inhuman deceit?
She has married you now and had a child then you suddenly decide she should not work. So if she is a medical student that has spent 7 to 9 years to become a doctor, because of you, husband, she ll stay at home and be looking and sit in balcony everyday looking at active passersby?
If the late Dr Adadevoh's husband had stopped her from working, what would ebola have done to Nigeria today?

Pls we all need to change. Stop using Bible and societal structures to frustrate your fellow human being. Even if she keeps quiet and obeys him as she has been advised to do, she will never be happy with her life, never be happy with him and never be happy with her home.

Men should tell women during courtship what their stance is on certain major issues. Don't pretend or deceive her that you are down with what she wants only to change when you get married. And women should clear their eyes very well before taking some life decisions knowing that they will bear most of the brunt if these decisions turn out bad.
It is good to marry early, it is better to establish yourself before getting married, it is best to marry your friend.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Oyiboman69: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ladylite:

You married too early
You married misinformed
You married a good man but you are a better wife

Also your parents disappointed you. Anyway you are still in charge. God bless you for being strong.

Here is what to do
Meet an elder or pastor or cleric that can listen to you and let them interfere.

Also pls try to correct your child in his absence

Also for your husband simply note that you have changed and you have become less attractive to him. So simply change how you dress, change how you treat him first.... Dress differently, talk about whatever you know he is interested in.

If he is still in your daughter's business... Then u need to be careful... He may cheat on you with her when she is older.... So take a firm stand o, you are still young.
Are you okay? Cheat with his own daughter?.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by seuncyrus(m): 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
martowskin1:
Marriage just start u don dey complain, 21yrs u run enter marriage, na lottery?

If u were working b4 he married u, he can't ask u to stop because u married him. I beg u guys should settle it, na family matter

I wish I had seen your comment earlier before I made mine sef .... I was just wondering how can you get married at 21 , what's the rush FFS ....Still young with time to build a career and meet the right person for you . Just like you said, If she had been working before she got married this won't have been a problem. But now , the man's insecurities will come to play ...

I hope people are learning on this nairaland sha

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Dextre(m): 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
Damilolacoker:

Marriage is hard o..but you know what is even harder, it's hard to comprehend what some people are typing here as an advice. A lotta people no get sense here o. And na some women go marry these folks o

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by healthserve(m): 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
coolviv:
But the thing is, why agree on something with a fellow human being like you then change it suddenly when you feel you have trapped her?
If he had said he didn't want a wife who works during courtship, would she not have had the opportunity to leave him and look for a man who shares her belief? Why this inhuman deceit?
She has married you now and had a child then you suddenly decide she should not work. So if she is a medical student that has spent 7 to 9 years to become a doctor, because of you, husband, she ll stay at home and be looking and sit in balcony everyday looking at active passersby?
If the late Dr Adadevoh's husband had stopped her from working, what would ebola have done to Nigeria today?

Pls we all need to change. Stop using Bible and societal structures to frustrate your fellow human being. Even if she keeps quiet and obeys him as she has been advised to do, she will never be happy with her life, never be happy with him and never be happy with her home.

Men should tell women during courtship what their stance is on certain major issues. Don't pretend or deceive her that you are down with what she wants only to change when you get married. And women should clear their eyes very well before taking some life decisions knowing that they will bear most of the brunt if these decisions turn out bad.
It is good to marry early, it is better to establish yourself before getting married, it is best to marry your friend.

God bless you Sir. Words of the sage. See as men dey psychologically break down their wives using marriage to imprison them and children to keep the prisoner chains in place. Chineke

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Hallenjay: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
SBL28:

It won't break. The man will have to bend last last. She can't be crying at home without being proactive. She should get the job and they can take it up from there. Let him go and tell the world that he wants to divorce his wife because she's working and see whether they won't laugh at him.
u b mumu.
Who told u dats wat d hubby will say?
He'll rope her n get her off d hook.
U heard wen d op said her parent listen n conclude on hearing only her husband side n not bother abt her own part.
U shd grow up some sense nxt time

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by irynterri(f): 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
a misogynistic man married to an ambitious lady is a perfect recipe for a broken home. I am sorry to say this but the two of you are not compatible to each other. your hubby is meant to marry a simple minded village girl or a "WAG" slay queen if he is rich while you were actually meant to marry a free-will, ambitious man who needs a strong ambitious woman as his backbone. I am sorry to say this but your marriage is heading for the rocks. I am speaking from 100% experience as a married woman and I have seen this play out severally. if he had said he wants you to be a full housewife till your last kid is a bit grown then I would have advised you to listen to him and take some courses in your free time but since he said it is because of he thinks you will not be submissive I will advice you get a job or start a business. Let me share with you what will happen after you decide to be a full housewife. he will ensure you depend on him for every kobo and will only give you money when he is in a good mood, he will ensure he cuts off all communication with your friends and family, at a point he will leave u and ur kids to go hungry just to "punish" you, by the time you have 4-5 kids his salary which Nigerian economy plus side chick will ensure it becomes meagre and that is when the beating and pummeling will start, by the time you realise yourself you would be a nagging, sad menopausal woman which is the worst thing a mother can be. Stamp your foot on the ground and insist/ cajole/ nag when appropriate and ensure you don't take in till you get what you want (p.s always act playfully if the aura is getting tensed). lastly join a Bible believing ministry that will grow you into been a prayer warrior because believe me it is only the Grace of God that can keep your marriage together. also marriage is meant to be enjoyed not endured. it is not a master-slave relationship. be submissive not stupid and also remind your husband to love you as Christ loves the Church. I wish you all the best.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Dextre(m): 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ladylite:

You married too early
You married misinformed
You married a good man but you are a better wife

Also your parents disappointed you. Anyway you are still in charge. God bless you for being strong.

Here is what to do
Meet an elder or pastor or cleric that can listen to you and let them interfere.

Also pls try to correct your child in his absence

Also for your husband simply note that you have changed and you have become less attractive to him. So simply change how you dress, change how you treat him first.... Dress differently, talk about whatever you know he is interested in.

If he is still in your daughter's business... Then u need to be careful... He may cheat on you with her when she is older.... So take a firm stand o, you are still young.

Did u brain come in form of brain lite? What kinda statement is he might cheat with his daughter when she gets old

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Conceptman: 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
therajah:

Ahhhh......break marriage just like that!! O ti le to yen ni.. ??
that's why most women end up being single parent, some issues shouldn't cause bigger brouhaha that will end marriages, this is a simple thing, the same that says make you no work today fit be the one to start pushing you get something doing, definitely he can't do it alone, a time will come he will need supports. Some men are always concerned about their wife's well being while engaging in the daily hustle, the current situation of Nigeria even work sef no fit put food on top table, she needs to see reasons with her husband and bring back the peace she had Asap

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Desric(m): 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
healthserve:

You read the letter, I read into, beyond and beneath the letter. wink

He's trying to break her down psychologically Nd then subdue her. Men build their wives not destroy them. Marriage should improve a woman not destroy her.
The man might have his reasons why he's not permitting her to work just yet, especially in this part of the world, a lot of financially independent women seriously are not submissive in marriage, but the lady should find a way to convince her spouse the reasons why she should be allowed to work and also convince the man that his fears will never come true, that's the way to go. For me, with what I've seen so far, nobody is wrong here, it's just an issue of perception and playing safe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? / My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / Man Finds Out Who His Biological Father Is After Carrying Out A DNA Test (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.