Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain (58972 Views)

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. / An American Woman With Two Husbands And Three Children Is Causing A Stir Online / Sex Is Causing Problems In My Marriage, Help Me Save My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Desric(m): 12:46am On Dec 18, 2019
healthserve:

I didn't dispel. I'm not the only one speaking. Weare speaking cause we have see. His kinds million times before now. A lot. I mean alot. I've had women close to me who died in their marriages sef. So I'm experienced a enough to all a bluff a bluff when I see it
The best advice to give to anyone who can not adjust to partner's demands or work out differences in marriage is to quit. Two can not work together except they agree, don't stay in a relationship where you'll claim someone wasted your opportunities for you, rather choose between alternatives which one is more important to you, for some family is everything, while for some career is everything, while for others family and career is all they crave for. In all, find your dream and live but make sure not to spoil some other person's blues with your reggae because what means the world to you might be very disgusting to your neighbor, always find a balance and don't force people to accept your choices because you believe they're the best.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by healthserve(m): 12:47am On Dec 18, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
I swear, I'm tired of this marriage bullocks! I fear for this thing called marriage seriously. Everywhere, rules and regulations just to keep these sets of overgrown urchins called 'men'. In the end, we're not favored.

Ehn, be submissive, watch war room, don't let his food go stale, always be punctual to make a hot bath for him, I've been in marriage for 47 years and I served my husband all through. Wo! I don't like what I don't hate.

This attitude of insecurity, immaturity, insensitivity and a seeming need to be controlling from the male folks is seriously nauseating. Imagine that one who said men are big babies, and should be pampered. Chai, I no fit laugh. Thunder from above! grin

Sorry to intrude. I thought you said your guy is on the forum. This comment of yours can cause unsettling feelings... Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:47am On Dec 18, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
[s]
When you get married we can discuss further[/s]grin

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:48am On Dec 18, 2019
healthserve:

Sorry to intrude. I thought you said your guy is on the forum. This comment of yours can cause unsettling feelings... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Come. Did I come to meet you specially to introduce any man to you? Don't get on my nerves o! undecided
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by djon78(m): 12:50am On Dec 18, 2019
healthserve:

Marriage should Improve a woman not destroy her. The amount of dysfunctional males we have in the society is sickening. In a military era, I could have all these guys cuffed up and kept in a psyche ward for total mental overhaul. Damn it. No wonder the nation is stuck in average.

The mere assumption that an educated woman is a slut or won't be submissive is sickening.

The competition is against mediocrity and not women, their supporters and cheerleaders.ittle wonder one can hardly see a married woman wearing a happy face outside of church attendance and societal events attendance. Chai

How I wish single ladies will read your comment a thousand times and more. These guys are serious destiny killers

No be small dysfunctional Male.
Women have there own issues, but majority of problems today in marriages come from men.
They maltreat, mess up lives of there wives, and we have many married, unhappy women.

Sometimes I don't even blame feminists because they are using it as a defence mechanism.

When you maltreat a woman, you are then developing a beast.
Women are meant to be loved, pampered and well cared for, although discipline and respect must be there too.
But because some men are now beasts, the women are now genetically modifying to there own beasts, and society keeps on degenerating

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by healthserve(m): 12:50am On Dec 18, 2019
Desric:
The best advice to give to anyone who can not adjust to partner's demands or work out differences in marriage is to quit. Two can not work together except they agree, don't stay in a relationship where you'll claim someone wasted your opportunities for you, rather choose between alternatives which one is more important to you, for some family is everything, while for some career is everything, while for others family and career is all they crave for. In all, find your dream and live but make sure not to spoil some other person's blues with your reggae because what means the world to you might be very disgusting to your neighbor, always find a balance and don't force people to accept your choices because you believe they're the best.

I've mentored over 300 relationships. Trust me all my girls I tutored and gave sound doctrines a resettled in their marriage comfortably. This is just the foundation for this comment. I will hardly ever tell a person to leave a marriage but will point out facts and leave the decision to them. I don't do thought-manipulation or any from or proxy-manipulation. More so, 50% of divorced or u happy marriages can be fixed if both partners are willing to be vulnerable before themselves and communicate. Here, the wife is open, the husband is clammed up ( fears and insecurities). He isn't dealing with his own sense of being. I can't and will never tell anyone to learn even a bad marital partner. That call is theirs.
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 18, 2019
Forward77:

Yet you have no solution to her problem.

Smart people make contributions, while empty brained dumbos seek unnecessary attention and make loud noise.

Look closely and you’ll find yourself in either of those categories.

Have a great life.
You think yours is a solution? Wait, I thought you said you won't give me "cheap attention"?
How's yours a solution? That she should pamper and pet a man who clearly doesn't think she's entitled to working and earning money. That's how abuse starts. First cut her off finances, then separate her from loved ones. Her people have already started siding with her husband. Then she becomes vulnerable to all sorts of abuse without any money if she can't cope anymore.
How many housewives do you know that are truly happy that they are dependent on "oga" for matches, sanitary pad, and every other thing? How many big babies, sorry, men, married men, do you know that truly respect their wives that are housewives?
Is that the advice you'd have given to her were she your blood relation?

5 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 18, 2019
djon78:

Like I said its barbaric men that behave like that. Work makes a woman into a better person.

My mum retired as a top director in her profession. But we were raised up excellently.
See women not married should shine there eyes when dating. Find out the kind of man you are tying yourself to.
A lot are dream killers.
Every human being created by God comes to this world with a dream.

If you are a man, ensure your wife pursues her dream, support her, don't let it affect the home stead, learn how to balance it. And you will have a happy, fulfilled woman in your home

Most men only think because they are young now, you will get old. And when you do, then you will know that your children will be more inclined to there mothers, and if you made her life miserable, pay back time is coming.

Love your wife
Make her happy and fulfilled
And you will know that you are laying a good seed you will reap in the future.

But most times we are now raising very wicked, mean and callous men, who think its only now forgetting the future.

Look at one very powerful rich senator them from oguta in IMO state. I won't call his name. He never valued women.
Today he is sick, a vegetable, can't move again. With all his money, no woman is with him, wife's, children all abandoned him.
There is payback tomorrow, as long as there is God in heaven
I grew up watching my mom go to work. Her income has shouldered much more weight than that of my father. Single handedly sent four kids to the university. 3 are graduates.
It is wicked for a man to renege on his agreement to let her work just because "working class women are not submissive". Bollocks!

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by healthserve(m): 12:55am On Dec 18, 2019
djon78:

No be small dysfunctional Male.
Women have there own issues, but majority of problems today in marriages come from men.
They maltreat, mess up lives of there wives, and we have many married, unhappy women.

Sometimes I don't even blame feminists because they are using it as a defence mechanism.

When you maltreat a woman, you are then developing a beast.
Women are meant to be loved, pampered and well cared for, although discipline and respect must be there too.
But because some men are now beasts, the women are now genetically modifying to there own beasts, and society keeps on degenerating

More oil Sir.

I'm yet to see a single Well pampered woman that overnight transformed into a beast. If any woman transforms into one, it was the last man before the new one. Good nurturing opens up the goodness in people and usher in transformation. Positive healthy transformation like how a Dakore looked like when acting earlier in the days, and her current look which many will want to say is wealth-transformation and not pure marriage-trabsformation

Marriage should build a woman and Improve/tra sform her. Not the other way around. And yes. Too many marriage issues thesedays is from men. And not our counterparts, and yes feminists are on defense mechanism in the long run as a resort using all sort of coping mechanisms to try to force men to e better

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Desric(m): 12:55am On Dec 18, 2019
healthserve:

I've mentored over 300 relationships. Trust me all my girls I tutored and gave sound doctrines a resettled in their marriage comfortably. This is just the foundation for this comment. I will hardly ever tell a person to leave a marriage but will point out facts and leave the decision to them. I don't do thought-manipulation or any from or proxy-manipulation. More so, 50% of divorced or u happy marriages can be fixed if both partners are willing to be vulnerable before themselves and communicate. Here, the wife is open, the husband is clammed up ( fears and insecurities). He isn't dealing with his own sense of being. I can't and will never tell anyone to learn even a bad marital partner. That call is theirs.
What if she lands the job and the man's "fears and insecurities" become real? Anyway, na their wahala sha, they know themselves better and should sort themselves out. Mind you that fears and insecurities don't just start, there are some traits exhibited by the suspected partner that in most cases springs up these fears and insecurities.
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by tianshie(m): 12:55am On Dec 18, 2019
Forward77:
Take my advise.

Men are big babies and you know babies are possessive and stubborn.

You have to understand that he’s your husband and not just anyone else.

He said clearly that women who work are not submissive.
He’s right about that.

Don’t argue with him. Show him that you are not going to be rebellious.

Don’t nag at him Learn to negotiate with your husband. Treat him you will treat yourself, because you won’t nag at yourself, but you’ll rather negotiate.

Don’t destroy your marriage now It’s obvious that he’s no more comfortable being around you; you have to make him feel comfortable. To have him with you because if you start to loose him, small girls with big gODS with snap him up.

Marriage is not always easy There’re no perfect marriages, so learn to compromise and always apply negotiation to avoid having a destroyed home.

From my understanding, there’s something you’re doing that is making him take such a decision and others things he does.

We know you’re a graduate and want to work and all that, but lower your standards and remember that you’re married.

The secret weapon is NEGOTIATION

I wish you good luck

Do NOT listen to this turd.

Only men whose confidence hinge on the suppression of others believe that a working woman is unsubmissive. Working gives a woman a VOICE. Allows her to grow self confidence. But faux-conservatives who support and thrive in a patriarchal society want women to stay at home, locked away so that only they control the purse strings. And as long as the woman depends on them for sustenance it increases their sense of safety.

You live in a patriarchal society, so you have to find a way to manage your husband's demands. You're probably going to acquiesce.

But know that you're not wrong to want to work. Do NOT let anyone make you think you're erring. You're right. He's insecure.

A lot of Nigerian men who go into marriage are emotionally unprepared. They have no idea what they're doing.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by BrainSanitizer: 12:58am On Dec 18, 2019
After reading all the comments so far, I realize that at least 80% of those who commented are more confused than the person who created this thread.
Some people are either ignorant of what marriage actually is, plain stupid, intentionally mischievous, dangerously hypocritical, a combination of at least two of the above, or all of the above.
Some comments are conceived, designed, baked, manufactured, packaged and delivered straight from hell!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by healthserve(m): 1:01am On Dec 18, 2019
Desric:
What if she lands the job and the man's "fears and insecurities" become real? Anyway, na their wahala sha, they know themselves better and should sort themselves out. Mind you that fears and insecurities don't just start, there are some traits exhibited by the suspected partner that in most cases springs up these fears and insecurities.

I said I've been around at least 300 marriages. A woman doesn't transform into a beast from being treated well. I'm yet to see a single one.

I see people who rely on suppressing other people to appear powerful as stupid and mentally sick. Tell males to develop themselves and not rely on suppressing their women. The young women of this coming generation won't stay in toxic environment for too long. If they get deceived into lmit like in this case, once their awakening is triggered, they'll leave. Its simple as abc

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by MrCork: 1:02am On Dec 18, 2019
Damilolacoker:
Hello everyone I'm 24 years old and I have been married for three years. last year we had our first baby . Prior to our wedding, I and my husband decided I'll be allowed to work once our baby is old enough to attend day Care. Now our daughter is almost 2 years and he has refused to let me work. We've had countless arguments about this and it always ends with him saying women who work are not always submissive. I cannot be a full house wife , I am educated and cannot sit at home all say.

He recently told my parents I was being rude to him and they're all saying I should do whatever my husband wants. I love him but on this issue, I refuse to agree with him.

The other part here is he doesn't like me correcting our daughter. She's almost 2 and it irritates him whenever I try to potty train her or scold her. He insists I go to check up on Her at school during break hours. I understand that she's quite young but as her mother, I want the best for her.

Now he's changed towards me, he doesn't care or pamper me like he used to , sometimes he refuses to eat at home and when I try to speak with him, he's always very cold. Please help me, I don't know what to do anymore.

are u lightskin? angry
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Desric(m): 1:07am On Dec 18, 2019
healthserve:

I said I've been around at least 300 marriages. A woman doesn't transform into a beast from being treated well. I'm yet to see a single one.
You can say that but we live in a world where all hands are not equal, most women become beast in a relationship when they're not satisfied, when they're frustrated or when they believe they've made a wrong choice because they've seen or believe there would have or there's a better option out there, sometimes out of unhealthy competition with peers etc so sometimes it might not just be that the man isn't treating them fine, the man might be doing the best he can but when a woman is fed up...
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by LesbianBoy(m): 1:08am On Dec 18, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'm very sure you're trolling. You can't be this senseless.

You are mad. Ode! angry
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by healthserve(m): 1:10am On Dec 18, 2019
Desric:
You can say that but we live in a world where all hands are not equal, most women become beast in a relationship when they're not satisfied, when they're frustrated or when they believe they've made a wrong choice because they've seen or believe there would have or there's a better option out there, sometimes out of unhealthy competition with peers etc so sometimes it might not just be that the man isn't treating them fine, the man might be doing the best he can but when a woman is fed up...

When trying to force a woman to crip her wings, alot can go wrong. I K ow and understand your part. But many people marry the wrong partners that's why. If you marry your own wife, even if she has a million, she won't give you stranger problems. All these tactics we resolve to employ is simply because of the insecurities that emenates from our own core. Coupled with marrying the wrong partners.

If a woman is excessive forced, it can induce unhappiness like in this case and can turn her into what can even destroy the man. To get sweetness from a woman, it's with sense and gentility not force o.

Force may restrain a woman but won't keep her for too long. Trust me.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Yankee101: 1:11am On Dec 18, 2019
Chase your dreams

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Desric(m): 1:12am On Dec 18, 2019
healthserve:

I see people who rely on suppressing other people to appear powerful as stupid and mentally sick. Tell males to develop themselves and not rely on suppressing their women. The young women of this coming generation won't stay in toxic environment for too long. If they get deceived into lmit like in this case, once their awakening is triggered, they'll leave. Its simple as abc
Already if you're not aware, I am. A lot kids will be raised in broken homes, it's already happening so my advice is before you come into a relationship especially marriage these days define your terms and conditions don't bring your feminist movement into a poor man's life in the name of you're civilized and educated otherwise just look for somebody to impregnate you if bearing kids is your reason for marriage or better still do the IVF thing and be fine.
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Forward77(m): 1:12am On Dec 18, 2019
demarc001:

God bless you, you practically pointed out the causes of problems in marriages today. When most women gets settled in relationships they become to self centered and loose submisiveness. What they won't argue with their child or outsiders they start arguing with the husband
Respect they give outsiders they won't give their man yet they want to be treated like queens. How is that attainable

Rule of marriage:
Man love your wife, woman submit to your husband
If any party is not accepting this then he/she is destroying the union

Love births submission and submission fuels the love a man has for the wife.

A man approaching a lady must show love for her to accept him, she submits to him that is why he could take his money to go *pay* her bride price (who pays to get trouble if she didn't show submissiveness)

Now the problem starts when after marriage one of them ignores his/her function in the rule

You are right.

God bless you too!
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by therajah: 1:13am On Dec 18, 2019
Conceptman:
that's why most women end up being single parent, some issues shouldn't cause bigger brouhaha that will end marriages, this is a simple thing, the same that says make you no work today fit be the one to start pushing you get something doing, definitely he can't do it alone, a time will come he will need supports. Some men are always concerned about their wife's well being while engaging in the daily hustle, the current situation of Nigeria even work sef no fit put food on top table, she needs to see reasons with her husband and bring back the peace she had Asap
True talk!

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by healthserve(m): 1:15am On Dec 18, 2019
Desric:
Already if you're not aware, I am. A lot kids will be raised in broken homes, it's already happening so my advice is before you come into a relationship especially marriage these days define your terms and conditions don't bring your feminist movement into a poor man's life in the name of you're civilized and educated otherwise just look for somebody to impregnate you if bearing kids is your reason for marriage or better still do the IVF thing and be fine.

Before I started dating. I worked on my psyche, fears, insecurities and dream. If you don't come to relationships whole, it would affect your judgement. But then, sexual tension is the reason many relationships started

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:16am On Dec 18, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Yes 13 years

grin
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by ForbesHomesNG(m): 1:16am On Dec 18, 2019
ojun50:
It is well
I dey honeymoon
I go advice you later
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by CaptainMitch: 1:17am On Dec 18, 2019
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:18am On Dec 18, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Choose a hamper for your Christmas
https://twitter.com/Mide_C/status/1204427229943541760?s=19

I dash you all, dear. grin
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by midnighter(f): 1:20am On Dec 18, 2019
Desric:

So after all these permutations and speculations, can you finally admit that the OPs husband was wrong to go against their previously agreed conditions for the marriage and that that was the actual cause of the problem and not OPs wanting to work?

Because thats what we've been talking here.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by 001spice: 1:21am On Dec 18, 2019
bukatyne or watever ur stupid name is.u r a devil. home breaker, i doubt if u r even marry. devil that who u r

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by Desric(m): 1:22am On Dec 18, 2019
[quote author=healthserve post=85006318]

Before I started dating. I worked on my psyche, fears, insecurities and dream. If you don't come to relationships whole, it would affect your judgement. But then, sexual tension is the reason many relationships started [/quote
No two marriages are the same, what has worked in marriage A might probably not work for marriage B. Nevertheless, for any marriage to be successful, the parties involved must be willing to shift grounds, make sacrifices, tolerate, and make compromise where necessary, most especially, wives must submit to their husbands no matter their position before expecting love from the man, anything other than this has never worked well in marriages.
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by midnighter(f): 1:22am On Dec 18, 2019
Hizzy:

Nagging is not good it destroys homes
She's nagging
And that's the problem

Yes, I advised her to change her approach BUT THAT DOESNT STOP THE HUSBAND FROM BEING A FREAKING LIAR !

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by ForbesHomesNG(m): 1:22am On Dec 18, 2019
midnighter:

Yes, I advise her to change her approach
Re: Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain by midnighter(f): 1:24am On Dec 18, 2019
ForbesHomesNG:

Lol excuse me oh, I mistakenly hit "submit" before I finished typing so that was not all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? / My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / "My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.