Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... (11861 Views)

Man Standing Alone While His Friends Are Busy With Their Women - Romance - / Lady Shows Off Her Boobs On Facebook, Says Her Friends Are Hypocrites (pics) / All Her Friends Are Boys. Can Any Girl Explain This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by CptCharlesVane: 10:11am On Dec 25, 2019
Exactly, Karma is another feel-good pill for poor victims. And many religions are based on that. The concept that your oppressor would be punished in the life after is a defense mechanism for the helpless/oppressed.

Someone mentioned Babangida who allegedly killed his best friend who he was best man to, and Dele Giwa, living the life worse still when he dies he will be celebrated, monuments built in his honor, Nigerian history books would honor him and he may even be known to future generations as the ‘good’ guy. Where is karma?

Simpletons will say he will burn in hell but they forget that the criteria for hell in their indoctrination is simply not believing in their fairy tale god. So me and billions of other who haven’t killed anyone would be in the same place with bin Laden and Hitler in Allah/Jehovah’s boiling pot of fire undecided

Where is/was Karma for Hitler? For someone who orchestrated the death of millions to have the luxury to kill himself is no karma. The OP highlighted the puzzle of life where he may, with all his good grades and education, live and die as a poor man in Nigeria while his fraudulent peers go on to achieve greater things. We see these around us in Nigeria but pretend that it is University education that is noble while illiterates, thugs, and drug dealers rule over the majority.

‘The good die young’ was coined from many of these observations that the indeed many ruthless and evil people live longer and more fulfilled lives than their victims and their relatives.
Viking007:
Sometimes I begin to doubt karma exists. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that karma is just another 'feel good' pill for the poor.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by robertmugabe: 10:14am On Dec 25, 2019
CptCharlesVane:
Exactly, Karma is another feel-good pill for poor victims. And many religions are based on that. The concept that your oppressor would be punished in the life after is a defense mechanism for the helpless/oppressed.

Someone mentioned Babangida living the life worse still when he dies he will be celebrated, monuments built in his honor, Nigerian history books would honor him and he may even be known to future generations as the ‘good’ guy. Where is karma?

Where is/was Karma for Hitler? For someone who orchestrated the death of millions to have the luxury to kill himself is no karma. The OP highlighted the puzzle of life where he may, with all his good grades and education, live and die as a poor man in Nigeria while his fraudulent peers go on to achieve greater things. We see these around us in Nigeria but pretend that it is University education that is noble while illiterates, thugs, and drug dealers rule over the majority.

‘The good die young’ was coined from many of these observations that the indeed many ruthless and evil people live longer and more fulfilled lives than their victims and their relatives.

Gbosa for u bro
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Daviddson(m): 11:43am On Dec 25, 2019
Martinez39:
There is nothing like hell fire. Once you die, you cease existing.
There's heaven and there's hell. The number of sceptics who used to be like you and have now made a 180 degree turn, lend credence to its existence.
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by narit: 11:57am On Dec 25, 2019
There is nothing new under the sun, what you are facing today some are facing worst. I do not like to advice people but I will just say this, there is time for everyone, the moment you choose the right path which I believed you are already at, you will just have to be patience and keep doing what you are supposed to do and that moment which you have been visualizing will come. Good things never come easy, especially great things. “All great things come for a man whose is patience”
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by narit: 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
CptCharlesVane:

Someone mentioned Babangida who allegedly killed his best friend who he was best man to, and Dele Giwa, living the life worse still when he dies he will be celebrated, monuments built in his honor, Nigerian history books would honor him and he may even be known to future generations as the ‘good’ guy. Where is karma?

Simpletons will say he will burn in hell but they forget that the criteria for hell in their indoctrination is simply not believing in their fairy tale god. So me and billions of other who haven’t killed anyone would be in the same place with bin Laden and Hitler in Allah/Jehovah’s boiling pot of fire undecided

Clearly you have know idea how karma works, it goes beyond what the eye sees, that includes the physical realm. Karma is Real. And it is a complex phenomenon.
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by CosmicJames(m): 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2019
maddman:

Abeg make we hear word. There's no such a thing as Karma. Many good people live in penury and suffer a lot before their death while many evil blood suckers enjoy wealth, good health and even longevity. You should read up about Karma, just another shit to make the masses not to contemplate the injustice in this world, think religion.
No body hold you at gun point not to contemplate whatsoever. You have a free will to go in any direction you want.
Forget about Karma. Live your life anyhow you want even if it means hurting others.
But I guarantee you that just before you arrive, you will meet half way with the unbreakable laws of the universe one of which is reaping what you sow. Which is referred to as Karma.

I think you will also argue that there is no law of gravity?
That what goes up must not come down?
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
karlboss:
If you can show me one European family that was involved in slave trade that karma has destroyed I will believe in karma

The op problem is very easy to see. He had parents or someone that trained him upright.

The rules states give me a child until he is seven and I will show you the man.

Your conscience and thought are illusion they are just result of past programming.

Good analogy. But your point is?

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Businessman1986(m): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2019
MZrapper:
PLEASE make money regardless of how it comes.
No one cares how you make money, just be rich.

Yet you have "THRIVING MUSLIMAH" on your page. You are not a THRIVING MUSLIMAH. Get that.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by CptCharlesVane: 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2019
You clearly have no idea of reality but I’m patient today, riddle me about this unseen Karma.
narit:

Clearly you have know idea how karma works, it goes beyond what the eye sees, that includes the physical realm. Karma is Real. And it is a complex phenomenon.
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by yusluvad(m): 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2019
madampresident:
Bro, don't do it. I repeat, do not do it.
Believe that your time will come. Every man's timing is not the same and can never be.

For a minute, put yourself in Invictus Obi's shoe. Guy made money, appeared on Forbes list....Where is he today?

I know a bro who was broke at 35. He was deported penniless. Mom sent this guy 10K from time to time just to survive. Three years later, guy is earning a 6 digit salary and is balling.

I think you should figure a way to improve yourself and make yourself marketable. You should also consider skills as nothing beats skills. Do not just live hoping for something good to come your way, improve and arm yourself to attract what you truly deserve!

A wise man said, "the best time to have planted a tree was 10 years ago, another time to plant one is now."
You don talk well.
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by yusluvad(m): 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2019
Kevsmart88:
Ur case is very similar to mine bro....av intentionally cut contact with all of them, I know it's hard but believe me there's a reason U still haven't compromised yet...First, u must understand U ain't competing with nobody in life.
Secondly, av seen where it took someone only one year to achieve what it took others ten years and please do not judge nor despise them for their actions, ur time will surely come and God who maketh Rich will grant U wealth with peace of mind...stay blessed and keep believing...
Amen
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Augla1: 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
Kirinwa:

The pope is a man and is not even assured of a seat talkless of securing one for anyone.
Wow, is that the angle from which u see it?
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Amanda4life: 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
If you are close and sincere to Jesus, you will have money. And you will be contented.

No one carries money to the grave. Mind you.

You should be who you are and people should be whom they are.

My mates are managers in big companies, but I don't care, although I'm happy for them.

There are things I have they don't,

Just be close to God, take away pride, holy spirit will teach you the best way to make.it in life

It might be that you lack some character s for making geniue wealth.

Are you discipline

Are you prudent.

Do you read bible everyday

How many times do you pray in a day.
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by spyglaxx: 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2019
CptCharlesVane:
Listen to yourself. All powerful, omnipotent, omnipresent, etc etc got so tired from work grin So God gets tired? You haven’t realized the fraud religion is yet so I understand. All the shit you wrote about God was handed to your ancestors by the Slave masters but continue, next is black people are descendants of cursed Ham undecided

Ok i hear koburu.
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by wrose(m): 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2019
MZrapper:
Ohh, so u advice he cuts off someone head to get rich too abi?
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Switch07(m): 12:21am On Dec 26, 2019
CosmicJames:

Make no mistake about it.
Karma does exist. Karma is a universal principle that cannot fail.
And don't think of Karma only reward for evil. There is also Karma for good deeds.

You also don't know what the rich are going through. Money is not everything.
At some point, money become nothing.
I pray that you will have more than enough money in your life so you will understand better
It's only the rich that say money is not everything
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by solonubinho(m): 12:27am On Dec 26, 2019
MZrapper:

Na people like you dem dey find their head and breast for ijebu ode. Continue

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by solonubinho(m): 12:32am On Dec 26, 2019
robertmugabe:
Pls permit me to post this piece here as it seems not to be compatible with all the sessions available...

I will be brief as much as possible...

I am typing in disdain and gross depression. I am 32 years old. I finished from a university in the year 2012. As it is always of any person living in the glory and self-simulated value of finishing with good grade and from one of the leading universities in Nigeria, one would, of course, erroneously expected to retire from the academic environment, to a cushy labour market environment. Far from what I confidently pictured while in school, it is 6 years now and still counting, of active service in the labor market in search of deserving job. From the beginning of post-university time, many of my friends picked up YAHOO instead of wasting their time in d tensed labor market while some newly opted for it along the line of their hopelessness in the labor market. I was invited but I took my uncompromising stance. So far, I have tried to upgrade my self sha with professional exams but yet not materialising.

Behold, my friends are now juicily successful in their fraudline path. Even if I get good work today, it may take me 15 years of conservative savings before matching their lofty height of success. Almost all of them are now married, have an obviously paying businesses and of course, possess what it takes to earn Daddy status in their respective environment. While me no even get an apartment of my own... Ah still they live with my brother who is already married.

I am aware of how they make their money through compromising gmail, but I was hellbent even though the cross breeds of alerts on their respective phones is always intimidating. Even, sometimes, they did engage my service of writing an official and professionally worded statements meant to be furnished to their clients.

Funniest thing and not unexpected anyway, some of them are now stylishly cutting me off. Because I am presently far below their current social status and probably because I seems to them not to be a serious type or seems to them to be a coward.

For days now, I have been contemplating compromise and it's appearing to me that it is getting too late to be an upright man.

Dear Nairalanders, pls have you ever been in this situation and how did you overcome the thought of such compromise ?

My brother, sorry for this state of things you find yourself in. You obviously come across as a very sound person. Please do not join them. Trust me, it never ends well. The country is very tough and I'm not in the position to advise you to do x or to do y but if you can gather the means, try the relocation thing. Your brain would be of more use overseas. If you cannot, please seek advice from other friends you have who are into legit business and start from there. Cut off all these Yahoo guys, the money is not worth the consequences. By the time you find out the truth about what befalls them, you would cherish the peace you have even though with little money. Shalom
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Ilekokonit: 1:02am On Dec 26, 2019
Instead of cutting off your fraudulent friends you are comparing yourself to criminals and contemplating aborting your destiny to become a common fraudster forgetting that some criminals have been convicted many years after they thought they had gotten away with their crimes.

Orji Uzor Kalu was sent to jail 12 years after he thought he had gotten away with his crimes.

Did you go to school just to throw away your hard earned degree , self respect and rubbish your good family name and become a common fraudster ??

Don't you know that a good name is better than silver or gold ??

What happened to contentment

Why are you comparing yourself to your criminal friends when even twins don't have the same financial fortunes ?

Cut off and stay away from any family, friend or foe that makes you feel; financially insecure in any way and your peace of mind and contentment will return to you. That is the trick to happiness in such a financially judgmental environment like Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Theben(m): 5:45am On Dec 26, 2019
MZrapper:
You're stupid

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by robertmugabe: 7:33am On Dec 26, 2019
solonubinho:

My brother, sorry for this state of things you find yourself in. You obviously come across as a very sound person. Please do not join them. Trust me, it never ends well. The country is very tough and I'm not in the position to advise you to do x or to do y but if you can gather the means, try the relocation thing. Your brain would be of more use overseas. If you cannot, please seek advice from other friends you have who are into legit business and start from there. Cut off all these Yahoo guys, the money is not worth the consequences. By the time you find out the truth about what befalls them, you would cherish the peace you have even though with little money. Shalom

Thanks
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by robertmugabe: 7:34am On Dec 26, 2019
Ilekokonit:
Instead of cutting off your fraudulent friends you are comparing yourself to criminals and contemplating aborting your destiny to become a common fraudster forgetting that some criminals have been convicted many years after they thought they had gotten away with their crimes.

Orji Uzor Kalu was sent to jail 12 years after he thought he had gotten away with his crimes.

Did you go to school just to throw away your hard earned degree , self respect and rubbish your good family name and become a common fraudster ??

Don't you know that a good name is better than silver or gold ??

What happened to contentment

Why are you comparing yourself to your criminal friends when even twins don't have the same financial fortunes ?

Cut off and stay away from any family, friend or foe that makes you feel; financially insecure in any way and your peace of mind and contentment will return to you. That is the trick to happiness in such a financially judgmental environment like Nigeria.

Thanks...I love this
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Donbabaj: 10:49am On Dec 26, 2019
Couzy21:
I love the way you composed this write-up though, ever thought of writing as a job?

My thoughts too.
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Sike(m): 1:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
You're not alone OP
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by einsteine(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
CosmicJames:

You are thinking Karma is only a bad reward for evil deeds. I told you Karma is in two forms. Good Karma and bad Karma
Remember that no one is righteous.
All the people you are mentioning have also done some good and they must reap accordingly.
Remember also that suffering and pains is not only the absence of money.
The rich also cry!

You mentioned children of the innocents.
What did you know about their fathers?
Do you know what their fathers or forefathers have done or committed in the past?
Ask yourself what must have happened for them not to be rich and why their children are suffering?

Don't think that looting of public funds is the worst crime. All sin are equal before the maker. Whether it is a little false witness, a little lie or looting of billions. They are all the same!
The only difference is in the level of consequences.

On the other hand, all good deeds are the same. Whether it is a little help of pointing someone in the right direction, buying a house or a car for someone, they are all the same!
The only difference is in the level of rewards.

Whether you believe it or not, it is a universal principle that works all the time.

The little, little things we do all counts. And we must reap we sow.

We live in a well ordered universe full of principles and nothing just happen without a reason.

Is not everything that you can understand.
The world is too deep. Some things you see happening today are a manifestations of what happened over 20yrs ago!

What we all see is the manifestation. We don't see the cause and we cannot see it.

We only try to understand the Universal with the eyes of laws of principles.

Don't go get involve in evil of any kind today thinking that there's no Karma.
You will be preparing and keeping suffering for your unborn generations.

This is just stupid.

If I know it's my unborn generations that may suffer for my evil deeds, I would commit evil ad libitum. You really think someone suffering for the ills of some ancestor is justice?

Karma, like many spriritual concepts, were invented for comnfort of the poor and downtrodden. The world would be a much more disorderly place if people had to seek justice for themselves, so they are told to leave things for karma. There is no Karma today. Look at the country of Belgium, they endorsed and commited murder, slavery and injustice in Congo, Burundi, and Rwanda. Guess what, today, Belgium is a beacon of prosperity while the same countries they looted and oppressed are still the ones suffering.

Don't be decieved. There is no karma.
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by CosmicJames(m): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
einsteine:

This is just stupid.

If I know it's my unborn generations that may suffer for my evil deeds, I would commit evil ad libitum. You really think someone suffering for the ills of some ancestor is justice?

Karma, like many spriritual concepts, were invented for comnfort of the poor and downtrodden. The world would be a much more disorderly place if people had to seek justice for themselves, so they are told to leave things for karma. There is no Karma today. Look at the country of Belgium, they endorsed and commited murder, slavery and injustice in Congo, Burundi, and Rwanda. Guess what, today, Belgium is a beacon of prosperity while the same countries they looted and oppressed are still the ones suffering.

Don't be decieved. There is no karma.

You karma was invented.
I will like to know who invented it?
There is more to life than you are seeing.
The universe you live in is a principle.
Karma is not an invention.
Karma is a principle, a law. Karma does exist.
Whether you believe it or not doesn't matter. Karma will still work for or against you depending on your actions.

You don't need to believe that there is a law of gravity before it starts working on you.
Whether you believe it or not, it will still act on you.

The same way the law of motion act on you. The universe is established on principles. You may choose to believe, or choose not believe. Whatever way you choose, they must work on you for good or for bad. How they work on you depend on you.

Don't look too far, look closely. Look at yourself
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by paix(m): 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
MZrapper:
Thank God you're not a woman, I would have thought you too would wish to make money through......
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by drmikeadams(m): 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
Twizzy30:
OMG at long last I found someone sharing same philosophy as me. People around me think am weird or something
grin grin same here
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Johnnyposh: 3:12am On Oct 11, 2023
I believe you’re now successful man
Re: I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... by Agricmoney(m): 7:40am On Oct 11, 2023
crime never pays.Leave a legacy your children would be proud of in generations to come .start small and dream big.

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Her Husband Is Addicted To Nairaland Romance Section. Pls Advise Her!!! / SHOCKING Reasons You Should Never MASTURBATE!!! / I Think I'm Going Crazy Over A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.