Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? - Career (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (625420 Views)

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by omotolanibaby(f): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2023
DAILY TIMES Nigeria

Home » Latest » Tinubu to announce new minimum wage next week

News
Tinubu to announce new minimum wage next week
13 hours agoby Ihesiulo Grace2 min read
Tinubu
Baring last minute changes, President Bola Tinubu will announce a new minimum wage for Nigerian workers next week.

President of the Trade Union Congress (TUC), Comrade Festus Osifo, disclosed this while speaking on the outcome of the union’s Tuesday meeting with the federal government on the fuel subsidy removal.

Politics Nigeria recalls that the TUC had given the federal government a two-week ultimatum to address its demands or risk industrial action from workers across the country.

Speaking on ChannelsTV’s Politics Today on Tuesday evening, Osifo noted that the minister of labour, Simon Lalong, told them he had met with President Tinubu and the minister of finance, Wale Edun.

Osifo said Lalong told the union that the issue of wage had been reviewed adding that President Tinubu would speak on the matter in the coming days.

“The minister of labour told us that he had an audience with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the minister of finance and had reviewed the issue of wage award. But the president asked them to fine-tune the issues before he makes the announcement,” the TUC president said.

“The minister told us all these issues would be streamlined but because the president has travelled we should give him an extra two weeks. We said no; we don’t have an extra two weeks to give. After more discussions, he said the president would make proper announcement next week.”

Osifo noted that the union had engaged the federal government on the palliatives released to states.

“We are going to monitor distribution of palliatives in states to make sure the scheme is implemented appropriately. We want to see the template of the implementation that is why we engaged the federal government on this issue. We also raised issues around taxation and CNG (Compressed Natural Gas),” the TUC president added.

For more news update follow us on www.dailytimesng.com

Tinubu
doctorLagos doctor slumps, dies after 72-hour work Sanwo-OluSanwo-Olu approves over N370mn for Lagos students
About the author

Ihesiulo Grace
View all posts
You may also like
CONHESS
Health Workers’ Union lauds Tinubu for approving...
3 min read
gay wedding
Gay wedding, 69 suspects granted N5 million bail in...
2 min read
AMAC
AMAC chairman inspects projects, issues deadline to...
2 min read
Usman
Free medical outreach: Beneficiaries pay “thank...
4 min read
National Assembly Clerk
NASS bribery scandal: CSOs calls for arrest...
4 min read
NCDMB
NCDMB’s support is causing us to think upgrades...
3 min read
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.

TRENDING
Femi Gbajabiamila
News
US legal panel terminates Femi Gbajabiamila’s law Licence
Mo'bad
Entertainment
Mo’bad’s death and other developing stories
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu
News
Chicago University: Why we can’t authenticate Tinubu’s certificate
Ogo Okpue
Entertainment
Filmmaker Ogo Okpue shines at BFI
Olayemi Cardoso, CBN
Headlines
Olayemi Cardoso: Emerging facts about new CBN governor
Side Ad

Site Icon
DAILY TIMES NIGERIA is one of the oldest Newspapers in Nigerian, featuring Breaking News, Politics, Business, Entertainment, Sports, Opinion and more.

POPULAR STORIES
Hannatu Musa Musawa
Headlines
Scandal rocks Arts Minister Musawa
Femi Gbajabiamila
News
US legal panel terminates Femi Gbajabiamila’s law Licence
NDDC
News
NDDC Board: Ondo HostCom protest over appointments, give FG seven days ultimatum
Obi
News
‘You are Barred from raising this issue again’ – Tribunal Tells Peter Obi
facebook
instagram
twitter
youtube
linkedin
rss
© 2023. DAILY TIMES of NIGERIA Plc. All Rights Reserved.

ABOUTCONTACTADVERTIZETERMS OF USE
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Anirejuoritse: 10:08pm On Sep 21, 2023
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by oatzeal(m): 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2023
Good news guys !!!

Note: Dated today but with effect from 1st January, 2023

Arrears loading...

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by oatzeal(m): 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
Congratulations to FTI workers

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nadingo: 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2023
Na for IPPIS to implement am be the wahala. Congratulations to all of us if it's genuine.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Simpleshafee(m): 3:30am On Sep 22, 2023
Hope IPPIS will do the needful for the FTI staff.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
This is something that should have started since January this year, almost a year after, we're seeing memo when we don't even know when they will start paying.

So what's the congratulations for

Government has really dealt with Nigerians to the extent that if they punish you by 200% and just favour you by 1% you will start dancing and forget the punishment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Medianna(f): 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2023
Please someone should teach me how to read these tables
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by major50: 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2023
The column is your grade level while the row is your step ( number of years).
If you identify yours, divide by 12, from your last payslip you will see your total deductions subtract it form the answer you got.
I hope it helps.

Medianna:
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Medianna(f): 10:41pm On Sep 22, 2023
major50:
The column is your grade level while the row is your step ( number of years).
If you identify yours, divide by 12, from your last payslip you will see your total deductions subtract it form the answer you got.
I hope it helps.

Ok I now understand.
Thank you 🙏🏽
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Alo231: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2023
The amount on that table are consolidated. Meaning it is your salary for one year.

For example level 8 step 4

2013856 divide by 12months =
167 821 becomes your gross.

Therefore, gross minues your deductions =167821- 20k for instance, your net pay becomes 147,821 going forward.

If your previous net was 120k that means your arrears is 27k the government is owing you multiply by eight months=216k to be expected.

Thank you
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by ashibelite: 11:30am On Sep 23, 2023
In all this, CONRAISS is on standstill.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by ikemeze: 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
Alo231:
The amount on that table are consolidated. Meaning it is your salary for one year.

For example level 8 step 4

2013856 divide by 12months =
167 821 becomes your gross.

Therefore, gross minues your deductions =167821- 20k for instance, your net pay becomes 147,821 going forward.
Check your mail

If your previous net was 120k that means your arrears is 27k the government is owing you multiply by eight months=216k to be expected.

Thank you

Check your mail.I sent you mail

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by DEBUU: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
Please someone should give me directions on how to apply for this federal job .

I need it sincerely
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Alo231: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
ikemeze:

Check your mail.I sent you mail

I have replied you.

Thanks
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rinoxy: 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
Medianna:
Which table?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Medianna(f): 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
Rinoxy:

Which table?
It the pictures above well I’ve understood it already
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rinoxy: 9:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
Medianna:

It the pictures above well I’ve understood it already
I can't see it, would love to.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Medianna(f): 10:34am On Sep 24, 2023
Rinoxy:

I can't see it, would love to.
I have trouble uploading it.
But it’s the new salary scale to FTI.
From what I understand you’re not in FTI right?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Whitemanbongo: 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
Has faac been shared?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rinoxy: 11:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
Medianna:

I have trouble uploading it.
But it’s the new salary scale to FTI.
From what I understand you’re not in FTI right?
No I'm not.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by siina(m): 10:54am On Sep 25, 2023
Medianna:

I was capture July and I stated receiving august the next month.
It depends
were you paid arrears?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Medianna(f): 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2023
siina:
were you paid arrears?
Arrears for what?
Got captured July and got august. Or am I missing something here?

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rahym001(m): 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2023
Medianna:

Arrears for what?
Got captured July and got august. Or am I missing something here?
Were you paid July and August salary or just August salary. Or
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Medianna(f): 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
Rahym001:

Were you paid July and August salary or just August salary. Or
Just August salary. I was captured somewhere 21 or so in July
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rahym001(m): 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2023
Medianna:

Just August salary. I was captured somewhere 21 or so in July
what was ur date of appt.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Medianna(f): 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2023
Rahym001:
what was ur date of appt.

It was march…
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by bordilon123: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2023
Has salary started dropping for anyone?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rinoxy: 8:13am On Sep 26, 2023
bordilon123:
Has FAAC allocation been done?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by kingmekus(m): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2023
About 17,000 civil servants in the core ministries will NOT get September salary. Office of Account General of the Federation.

If you didn't do or complete your IPPIS HR Verification, forget your salary
UPDATE ON THE IPPIS LIST

To all the affected officers whose names appeared on the list, you are kindly requested to go to the Ministry's IPPIS unit with your duly signed IPPIS verification payslip, your print out/ evidence of NIN link to the IPPIS self-service platform.
2. Please take this information as urgent, cos the IPPIS unit through the Director (HRM) must forward the list and evidence to the OHCSF as soon as possible in order to avert your stoppage of salary.
4. Injury to one is injury to all
5. Please accept my highest regards and solidarity as always

*Comrade* *Nurudeen* *Mustapha* , PhD; Inview
Secretary ( ASCSN)

Please is this just rumours or it's real??
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jswagg4(m): 10:45am On Sep 26, 2023
Good question o undecided undecided

bordilon123:
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2023
Total and indefinite strike is the way to go. We have a very insensitive govt in power. Over 4 months after pump price moved from 180 to 610, your workers are still receiving the same salary and you're asking them to be patient

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (267) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.