Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,387 members, 7,954,564 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:23 PM

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? - Career (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (692099 Views)

I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses / January Salaries Of Federal Civil Servants To Be ‘delayed Beyond Normal’ – Memo / I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Olumyyde(m): 9:32am On Apr 08, 2020
Mrgreatness:
To get any info from this platform you have to join the WhatsApp grp and telegram
Not necessary, because someone who doesn't fancy the group thing may have the info you're looking for.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Olumyyde(m): 9:34am On Apr 08, 2020
Guzel:
Let’s continue using NL. Users can read up even after a week of absence.
Sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Olumyyde(m): 9:35am On Apr 08, 2020
LudaChriz:

Which info do you have if I may ask?

I'm surprised that a so called federal civil servant can talk like this

For ur info some of us are just here for fun
Yes o, with no salary issues whatsoever, but we can encourage n enlighten each other here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by amanda2013(f): 10:39am On Apr 08, 2020
LudaChriz:
No need for all these social media groups...we all already have a plethora of groups that we belong to disturbing our phone every now and then. Let's maintain this platform.

My humble opinion
Supported

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Birniwa(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2020
The NL thread here can't be better than the Telegram group, it's all about individual choices and everyone has the right to choose what they can use.

For me, I'll prefer a platform where I can enjoy conversations in real-time like the Telegram group. Again, having a Telegram group that can board up to 200k staff of Federal Tertiary Institutions nationwide doesn't mean this thread will die. Like I've mentioned, the choice is what every individual prefers.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Guzel: 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
Ippis office on fire.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 1:30pm On Apr 08, 2020
No more salary for the next six months grin
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by project8(m): 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
Guzel:
Ippis office on fire.
its OAGF
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Gomeke: 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
WhatsApp group
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Guzel: 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2020
project8:
its OAGF
Where is ippis office
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Makemercy: 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2020
I won't suggest creating or joining a group in which the identity of the admins can not be verified, at same time there is no mechanism by which the admins or anyone can know the identity of people joining the group. Are we all federal workers? Do we all have same objective? NL should be sufficient pending the time all these concerns are addressed.

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by project8(m): 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2020
Guzel:

Where is ippis office
ippis office is behind OAGF ....
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Smokey5: 8:19am On Apr 09, 2020
Abeg I never receive salary ooo.... access bank federal university.....any one with d same issues?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by edogu(m): 10:18am On Apr 09, 2020
House, is it true that the president gave a directive that the April salary should be paid on or before Easter?

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 09, 2020
edogu:
House, is it true that the president gave a directive that the April salary should be paid on or before Easter?
I wouldn't believe that.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2020
edogu:

This can not happen in Nigeria
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 11:57am On Apr 09, 2020
Smokey5:
Abeg I never receive salary ooo.... access bank federal university.....any one with d same issues?

Ask ur colleagues using the same bank if they are yet to get theirs too. If it's a general problem u can relax, if not, run to your school Bursary department ASAP
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Sanniez(m): 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
edogu:

it's minimum wage areas they should pay by easter, the way I'm seeing it sef with the reductions in our salaries from ippis, hope FG won't say we are owing them areas money sef

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
Sanniez:

it's minimum wage areas they should pay by easter, the way I'm seeing it sef with the reductions in our salaries from ippis, hope FG won't say we are owing them areas money sef
Haha, I am thinking along the same line. We may pay back to fg
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by taibat61(m): 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
LudaChriz:

This can not happen in Nigeria

Lol

Some of us never receive march salary self

Don't fire d just concluded fire in OAGF
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by adewale4jesus: 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
taibat61:

Lol

Some of us never receive march salary self

Don't fire d just concluded fire in OAGF

Anyone with March payslip should post it here, we don't understand what brought about the reduction
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by saylawal2003(m): 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
I noticed that the peculiarity allowance was reduced from 7% in February to 3% in March.

adewale4jesus:

Anyone with March payslip should post it here, we don't understand what brought about the reduction
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Makemercy: 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
Received this from a union leader in a Federal University:

Dear esteemed members,

Since we last communicated with you on our pay, we have carried on with our investigations through discreet IPPIS sources. The following represents the information we got for now, pertaining to February and March salaries:

1. Deductions for pension was 7.5% of gross pay as opposed to 7.5% of basic salary which used to obtain.

2. Union due was deducted for everybody and it was made 2% of gross pay, again as opposed to 2% of basic salary.

3. IPPIS taxes gross pay and uses real tax formula as opposed to negotiated tax we were paying before.

4. There now is a 2.5% compulsory deduction for National Housing Fund (NHF). It is a compulsory savings scheme introduced by the FG.

5. That we were paid what was called "peculiarity allowance" in February but that it has now been discovered that we were not entitled to it. This was stopped in March. And what was mistakenly paid to us in February was also deducted.

Finally, and this will surprise everybody: information we got has it that the new minimum wage has been implemented, that it was what was used to pay us in Feb and March. Arrears have however not been paid.

We have written to the IPPIS Director to demand for payslips (for clarifications) for the months of February and March, among others.

Thank you all for your patience.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by omotolanibaby(f): 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
edogu:
not true
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by amanda2013(f): 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2020
Makemercy:

Dear esteemed members,

Since we last communicated with you on our pay, we have carried on with our investigations through discreet IPPIS sources. The following represents the information we got for now, pertaining to February and March salaries:

1. Deductions for pension was 7.5% of gross pay as opposed to 7.5% of basic salary which used to obtain.

2. Union due was deducted for everybody and it was made 2% of gross pay, again as opposed to 2% of basic salary.

3. IPPIS taxes gross pay and uses real tax formula as opposed to negotiated tax we were paying before.

4. There now is a 2.5% compulsory deduction for National Housing Fund (NHF). It is a compulsory savings scheme introduced by the FG.

5. That we were paid what was called "peculiarity allowance" in February but that it has now been discovered that we were not entitled to it. This was stopped in March. And what was mistakenly paid to us in February was also deducted.

Finally, and this will surprise everybody: information we got has it that the new minimum wage has been implemented, that it was what was used to pay us in Feb and March. Arrears have however not been paid.

We have written to the IPPIS Director to demand for payslips (for clarifications) for the months of February and March, among others.

This IPPIS na confirmed one Chance
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by awele186: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
100% correct. ASUU needs to get approval from salary and wages commission before peculiarity allowance can be paid.

Dear esteemed members,

[/quote]
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by otokx(m): 10:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
Why are the unions not united?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by chyomy: 10:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
awele186:

100% correct. ASUU needs to get approval from salary and wages commission before peculiarity allowance can be paid.

Dear esteemed members,

I always said it that SSANU and NASU were stupid to join ippis. United we stand, divided we fall. Assuming the whole university unions had joined hands together to fight ippis. They would have won. Who is loosing now, out of selfish interest..... Mchew.......the minister of finance and accountant general are scammers.....i am so damn sick of this country. I bet the unions will be gearing up for strike after corona........

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2020
Makemercy:

Dear esteemed members,

This government is very inhumane, callous and extremely dubious

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (278) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.