Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? - Career (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (630063 Views)

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mazikic(m): 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
omotolanibaby:
Ha! if they do that workers will finish spending April salary before resuming
That's the whole idea of salary nah; paying you what can only be enough to sustain you till the next payday.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
Crusader1:
It appears no one knows what how much the MW amounts to in a month.

Please how much was added as MW since Feb and how much should we be multiplying by 9.

To know much was your MW increase, subtract your old gross from the gross on the nmw template for your salary cadre
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by taibat61(m): 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Tonight by 7.00pm President Buhari will order immediate payments of April salary to all workers with no deduction of tax to cushion the effect of the lock down, as the lock down will be extended.

Stop spreading fake news
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by omotolanibaby(f): 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Mazikic:

That's the whole idea of salary nah; paying you what can only be enough to sustain you till the next payday.
fake news
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Crusader1: 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
taibat61:

Stop spreading fake news

Too fake to reference
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by taibat61(m): 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
[quote author=amanda2013 post=88392490][/quote]

Ok..just asking since I saw u mention yabatech
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Crusader1: 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
Fabregas1109:
So far so many institutions had received March 2020 salary alerts, leaving very few institutions with some great areas in

However, all these issues as informed by IPPIS Director are technical issues, as IPPIS is set to pay arrears of minimum wage to all higher institutions members that had been captured by IPPIS.

In view of this, our March salaries (YabaTech and those who are yet to be paid) was just received by CBN this morning around 8am, but in line with the financial regulations, it will take at least 24hours before payment could reflect in various accounts.

In view of this, we've been assured that alerts will start coming in Friday evening or latest Saturday morning.

Please note, there had been another set of complaints again with regards short payment against march salaries also from different institutions, reasons given by IPPIS is as a result of bursars of various institutions not submitting their staff complaints on time. IPPIS however promised to make amend all these irregularities come April salaries.

Also, note as we've been informed, arrears of 9 months will start dropping as from next Tuesday. Our prayer now is that for all these agreements be met asap.

In conclusion, I implore us all to be calm, be law abiding and please.

Thank you all, enjoy your weekend and wish you all happy easter celebration.

_*Source:*_
NLC National Platform

Tuesday is just few hours from now. We are patiently waiting. Hope NCDC alert won't frustrate us tomorrow.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Crusader1:

Tuesday is just few hours from now. We are patiently waiting. Hope NCDC alert won't frustrate us tomorrow.
don't put hope on this unverified information
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by slenjaman(m): 6:07am On Apr 14, 2020
Abi ooo. You will just wait in vain.
roman1755:
don't put hope on this unverified information
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by chatwtme: 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
Yaba staff havve seen alert just now
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by adewale4jesus: 4:21pm On Apr 14, 2020
chatwtme:
Is it minimum wage arreas or March salary?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
adewale4jesus:
it should be March salary
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
adewale4jesus:

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Crusader1: 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
chatwtme:

We may well be hopeful

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by chatwtme: 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
March salary, with same deductions
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by adewale4jesus: 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
chatwtme:
March salary, with same deductions

You received the same thing you received in February
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Crusader1: 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2020
Update on Arrears
It has just been confirmed that the IPPIS payroll unit have completed their work on the arrears and will be forwarded to CBN by tomorrow morning for payment.
I shall keep you updated tomorrow.
Thank you and remain blessed

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Fabregas1109: 12:21am On Apr 15, 2020
Ja'afar Aliyu, [Apr 14, 2020 at 8:41 PM]
https://www.ippis.gov.ng/form-page/

*The minimum wage Arrears.*

The work on it will be finished by tommorrow . After then the Payment payroll will be transferred to the CBN ..to Verify and Approve it.
The Ippis had clarified some issues of union deductions, and each branch should expect their monies at least six month arrears.
The March salary of those who have facts on the wrong deductions or ommittions should quickly fill the form online from the IPPIS portal above, not latest than 24hrs from today. Because the April salary will soon be compiled and Completed.

Please, accept the assurance of our best regards.
Thank you.
https:///FederalTertiaryInstitutions/8255

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Humblezick(m): 11:38am On Apr 15, 2020
Crusader1:
Update on Arrears
It has just been confirmed that the IPPIS payroll unit have completed their work on the arrears and will be forwarded to CBN by tomorrow morning for payment.
I shall keep you updated tomorrow.
Thank you and remain blessed

Any latest information today about payment of minimum wage arrears?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by cerpvad(m): 11:55am On Apr 15, 2020
It seems the arrears have entered lockdown. Since heavy taxes and other deductions have swallowed the differences in the former salary and the new minimum wage, I am afraid there might no longer be any arrears left. Even if there are any arrears left, such might be very infinitesimal in amount.
Humblezick:

Any latest information today about payment of minimum wage arrears?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Humblezick(m): 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
cerpvad:
It seems the arrears have entered lockdown. Since heavy taxes and other deductions have swallowed the differences in the former salary and the new minimum wage, I am afraid there might no longer be any arrears left. Even if there are any arrears left, such might be very infinitesimal in amount.

No matter what amount it is, let them pay us, it's ours. We need it.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by cerpvad(m): 1:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
I don't see any arrears payments coming sooner than when stability is restored in the presence of dwindling economy and a pandemic
Humblezick:

No matter what amount it is, let them pay us, it's ours. We need it.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by ashafson: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
cerpvad:
I think the arrears will be reasonable because the killer tax regime started Jan 2020 but arrears is from Apr 2019 to DEC 2019
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by ikemeze: 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
ashafson:

I think the arrears will be reasonable because the killer tax regime started Jan 2020 but arrears is from Apr 2019 to DEC 2019
please ashafson send me mail tonymez2002@yahoo.com
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Yohh: 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
ashafson:

The present tax system has been in place since late 2016 and personally, my tax jumped from 7k to 18k.
Apparently, the tertiary institutions never implemented it until IPPIS now came in.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by cerpvad(m): 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
With regard to the comment above me, I do not think that your position holds water. That means with the tiny differences in the old and new wage, arrears will still turn out to be chicken changes
ashafson:

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mrgreatness(m): 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
cerpvad:
With regard to the comment above me, I do not think that your position holds water. That means with the tiny differences in the old and new wage, arrears will still turn out to be chicken changes
10k is still money
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by cerpvad(m): 9:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
Yea sure. It will take care of beer and asun for an evening hang out
Mrgreatness:
10k is still money
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by ashafson: 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
Yohh:

The present tax system has been in place since late 2016 and personally, my tax jumped from 7k to 18k.
Apparently, the tertiary institutions never implemented it until IPPIS now came in.
Well may be in your organisation but as far as my sch is concerned, killer tax regime started last feb.
Any way, lets wait for the arrears then we can confirm
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Yohh: 9:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
ashafson:

Well may be in your organisation but as far as my sch is concerned, killer tax regime started last feb.
Any way, lets wait for the arrears then we can confirm
That was when they started implementing for u, and all other tertiary institutions but they kicked the current tax system off 4 years ago and civil servants in other ministries are already used to the inflated tax deductions. I work in an hospital not a school.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by ashafson: 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Yohh:

That was when they started implementing for u, and all other tertiary institutions but they kicked the current tax system off 4 years ago and civil servants in other ministries are already used to the inflated tax deductions. I work in an hospital not a school.
Ok! I now see reason why the union were against it
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by edogu(m): 9:37am On Apr 16, 2020
Saw this circular this morning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (267) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.