Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,077 members, 7,828,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? - Career (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (630149 Views)

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Yohh: 12:17am On Apr 24, 2020
jmaine:

Yes, the University is part of the recruitment embargo placed by the FG...

With IPPIS, it is even worse cos approval has to come from Abuja first, before the VCs can do anything.

In some instances, appointments will come from Abuja straight without the knowledge of the VCs. Imagine the possibility of that getting seriously abused.
It's clear u know very little about IPPIS. The info here is very wrong.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 12:26am On Apr 24, 2020
Yohh:

Indeed.... During enrollment in YABATECH last November.. We knew what happened.

Is it the same IPPIS being manipulated through backdoor access?

To you.. IPPIS IS FLAWLESS.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by nadia806: 12:28am On Apr 24, 2020
[url]ibeere.com[/url]
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Yohh: 12:35am On Apr 24, 2020
jmaine:

Indeed.... During enrollment in YABATECH last November.. We knew what happened.

Is it the same IPPIS being manipulated through backdoor access?

To you.. IPPIS IS FLAWLESS.
I repeat, u know very little about IPPIS.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 2:30am On Apr 24, 2020
Yohh:

I repeat, u know very little about IPPIS.

You can repeat yourself till eternity... It changes nothing..
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by AmandaLuv(f): 4:59am On Apr 24, 2020
Thank you @yohh and @jmaine for the information.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by AmandaLuv(f): 5:07am On Apr 24, 2020
Yohh:

Please kindly elucidate sir. We are all here for knowledge. I personally wish to know more.

My only sister was promised employment by a VC of a federal uni and her name was amongst names to be approved by the governing council before the lockdown. So I'm just nervous on her fate.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 7:48am On Apr 24, 2020
AmandaLuv:
Please kindly elucidate sir. We are all here for knowledge. I personally wish to know more.

My only sister was promised employment by a VC of a federal uni and her name was amongst names to be approved by the governing council before the lockdown. So I'm just nervous on her fate.

Your sister can still get employed. It's only going to be with approval from FG.

Truth be told, while IPPIS is fraught with issues, VCs were employing senselessly prior to IPPIS. In my institution, the kind of employment we witnessed was so massive that new employees had no where to sit. Imagine that!

And most of these massive employments happened immediately it was mulled that IPPIS coming to tertiary institutions. I began to feel that these recruitments were done to cover for years of ghost workers that FG was being scammed with by Schools.

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Slimkkkk: 7:57am On Apr 24, 2020
Samakus:

Your sister can still get employed. It's only going to be with approval from FG.

Truth be told, while IPPIS is fraught with issues, VCs were employing senselessly prior to IPPIS. In my institution, the kind of employment we witnessed was so massive that new employees had no where to sit. Imagine that!

And most of these massive employments happened immediately it was mulled that IPPIS coming to tertiary institutions. I began to feel that these recruitments were done to cover for years of ghost workers that FG was being scammed with by Schools.

Sounds like ur referring to NAU
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Ayammawa(m): 8:10am On Apr 24, 2020
what are the duties of non academic staff in FGC's schools under Cooperative Extension Center in the unit of Restaurants and Bar?
and then different between academic and non-academic staff in even FGCs (secondary schools)?
more blessed to you my brothers and sisters.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 8:11am On Apr 24, 2020
Slimkkkk:

Not really! Her sister university
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 8:25am On Apr 24, 2020
AmandaLuv:
Thank you @yohh and @jmaine for the information.

You are welcome Amanda
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by slenjaman(m): 8:37am On Apr 24, 2020
Your sister get university?
Samakus:

Not really! Her sister university
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by taibat61(m): 8:46am On Apr 24, 2020
Slimkkkk:

No sir
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by taibat61(m): 8:47am On Apr 24, 2020
Slimkkkk:

We won't disclose the name of d school in this platform for some reasons base known to d OP and I
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 24, 2020
slenjaman:
Your sister get university?
NAU sister university.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by taibat61(m): 8:48am On Apr 24, 2020
Samakus:

I can relate ..100% true
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Smokey5: 9:27am On Apr 24, 2020
MWA expected to start dropping from next week ....stay safe
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by AmandaLuv(f): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2020
Samakus:

Thank u so much sir. I pray we are all favoured.
Stay safe my people.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 9:52am On Apr 24, 2020
AmandaLuv:
Thank u so much sir. I pray we are all favoured.
Stay safe my people.

If that's you on your dp, you look the deal..

You know, my WhatsApp number on my signature isn't expired yet....

*Runs off*

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mrgreatness(m): 10:37am On Apr 24, 2020
Smokey5:
I have been hearing fake news like this since last year

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by suzystores: 10:57am On Apr 24, 2020
Next week no de end.Hahahaaa...Anyway this is a big lie!
Smokey5:
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by otokx(m): 11:03am On Apr 24, 2020
suzystores:
Next week no de end.Hahahaaa...Anyway this is a big lie!..

Everyday is yesterday's tomorrow.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by slenjaman(m): 11:06am On Apr 24, 2020
You guys have started again oo. Una no dey tire?
Next week after next week.
Smokey5:
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by cerpvad(m): 11:14am On Apr 24, 2020
Lolz, Abeg, you too stay safe and save your fake news in your pocket grin
Smokey5:
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rahym001(m): 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
Samakus:

UNICAL still dey employ, if not for
Mr. Corona
I knew someone that was supposed to start in May

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Jombojombo(m): 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
Samakus:

If that's you on your dp, you look the deal..

You know, my WhatsApp number on my signature isn't expired yet....
*Runs off*
Your salary can't maintain that thing am seeing on the dp
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Jombojombo(m): 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
AmandaLuv:

Let your sister continue to remind the VC even now that there is lockdown. This is the kind of period that most underground work happens. No approval is needed from Abuja as someone erroneously said. My VC goes to office almost everyday now likewise other top University functionaries. So keep in close touch with the VC

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by semid4lyfe(m): 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
@ AmandaLuv

YES, universities are part of the recruitment embargo but most VCs never took it seriously and kept on employing despite the embargo.

My VC for example only used it as a convenient excuse for turning down some people.

He was always quick to whip out a newspaper carrying the embargo story, a notice from the Ministry of Education and an advisory letter written by the financial adviser to the university council (the bursar) on the need to pause employment because of the increasing personnel costs which will lead to salary shortfalls and with the promise to help the employment seekers when the embargo was lifted.

Lots of staff tried to get their people in and failed but 100s of people were still employed during the same period. The vast majority of the new employees had one commonality - same state and LGA as the VC.

I know this because as a HOU, many of the new employees had to pass through me during documentation and 5 of them were posted to my unit.

But now, IPPIS has changed the game significantly.... at least in the employment of non teaching staff by the VCs.

Unike GIFMIS which was domiciled in the individual universities and allowed new employees to be put on the payroll immediately, it's different with IPPIS.

Now VCs must follow due process by seeking and getting the necessary approval from "Abuja" otherwise new staff may not be payrolled.

(The Federal Teaching Hospital attached to my university employed massively in January but till date, the new staff have not been paid salaries because IPPIS has not come to capture and enroll them).

Now universities can't rig the personnel costs that much cos FG has taken over payment of salaries directly. They cannot claim 1500 staff when they only have 1000. They cannot claim someone on level 9 is on level 12 while preparing their yearly budgets.

I strongly believe IPPIS will affect the way Universities employ going forward.

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jombojombo:

Using the word "thing" isn't nice bro.. I guess it was a slip from you.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Jombojombo(m): 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
jmaine:

Using the word "thing" isn't nice bro.. I guess it was a slip from you.. smiley

Ironically speaking
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jombojombo:

That's how I missed Cynthia! Fear of her being too materialistic. It turned out that she was independent and had no leechy tendencies.

The truth is, until you come close to a lady, you can really tell the kind of person she is.

So, I will take my chances if I see it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (267) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Naomi4Noah(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.