Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? - Career (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (630408 Views)

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by bnbash(m): 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Don't be jealous. It will soon reach u too
Jombojombo:

Chai... Buhari don kill us for this country
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LibrarianD: 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Yohh: 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
LibrarianD:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/ippi-buhari-approves-payment-of-february-march-salaries-of-varsity-lecturers/
That last paragraph is the catch.
The monies won't be released to the university heads to effect payment as it used to be, rather the VCs are to send the lectures' account details with BVN to Abuja for payment.
This is still IPPIS in a non-conventional way. I wait to see ASUU's response.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 6:46am On Apr 22, 2020
Yohh:

That last paragraph is the catch.
The monies won't be released to the university heads to effect payment as it used to be, rather the VCs are to send the lectures' account details with BVN to Abuja for payment.
This is still IPPIS in a non-conventional way. I wait to see ASUU's response.

They will pay that salary and no one will provide any BVN...

Keep grasping at straws while your colleagues in LUTH are suffering the pangs of the archaic IPPIS...

I wonder why you chose to defend a useless platform that has proven to be rigid, and fraught with irregularities in a tech age.

Why must it take months to enrol and pay workers their salaries.?

ASUU members have lasted to this moment, they can tarry even more without DYING.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Yohh: 7:01am On Apr 22, 2020
jmaine:

They will pay that salary and no one will provide any BVN...

Keep grasping at straws while your colleagues in LUTH are suffering the pangs of the archaic IPPIS...

I wonder why you chose to defend a useless platform that has proven to be rigid, and fraught with irregularities in a tech age.

Why must it take months to enrol and pay workers their salaries.?

ASUU members have lasted to this moment, they can tarry even more without DYING.

What I mean simply is that the payment won't be under the gifmis platform but will be paid straight from Abuja, a development that ASUU leadership is against.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 7:07am On Apr 22, 2020
Yohh:

What I mean simply is that the payment won't be under the gifmis platform but will be paid straight from Abuja, a development that ASUU leadership is against.

Lolz.. They will still use that GIFMIS, or they keep their money...

The Bursary will only have to sieve out the names of those who enrolled from those that did not, to process the pay.

The union is alert to the shenanigans of the FG... We aren't desperate.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Guzel: 7:33am On Apr 22, 2020
ASUU members are not in a hurry. Anything in the form of ippis will be roundly rejected.
Nothing in the last paragraph suggest it’s IPPIS

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Gomeke: 8:25am On Apr 22, 2020
Please, any information on minimum wage arrears?

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mrgreatness(m): 10:11am On Apr 22, 2020
Gomeke:
Please, any information on minimum wage arrears?
Thank you
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by omotolanibaby(f): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
jmaine:

The Bursary will only have to sieve out the names of those who enrolled from those that did not, to process the pay.

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Beebsquare1: 8:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
saylawal2003:
If anyone is finding it difficult to join the group via the link. Pls drop ur details here. One of the admins will link u up

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Olumyyde(m): 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
Any info on FAAC yet?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Fkj202004: 9:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
Olumyyde:
Any info on FAAC yet?

They shared N780. 926billion.

Way huge in these times

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by taibat61(m): 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
April FAAC should be 1 trillion
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fkj202004:

Way huge in these times
I am also wondering how come when crude oil price (which is our major earner) has dropped astronomically.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Olumyyde:
Any info on FAAC yet?
FAAc meeting has been held through teleconference. Salary likely next week
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Olumyyde(m): 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fkj202004:

Way huge in these times
Just read that the increase in exchange rate caused the push.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Olumyyde(m): 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
roman1755:
FAAc meeting has been held through teleconference. Salary likely next week
Yeah, tnx.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by semid4lyfe(m): 4:55am On Apr 23, 2020
jmaine:

Obtaining the BVN is not a big deal for the authorities (that's if they don't have it already).

All that is required is the salary account details which can be suplied by the bursary department of the universities.

I think this "revalidation of BVN" condition is a ploy by the FG not to pay ASUU members or delay paying the salaries.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 6:17am On Apr 23, 2020
semid4lyfe:

Obtaining the BVN is not a big deal for the authorities (that's if they don't have it already).

All that is required is the salary account details which can be suplied by the bursary department of the universities.

I think this "revalidation of BVN" condition is a ploy by the FG not to pay ASUU members or delay the paying the salaries.

Na dem sabi my brother... Make dem keep their money... Person no go die....
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Yohh: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2020
jmaine:

Na dem sabi my brother... Make dem keep their money... Person no go die....
If u no die, what of others that might not survive it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by engadgement: 10:24am On Apr 23, 2020
I have a tech youtube channel. This is my new hustle. Please subscribe to my channel and I will definitely subscribe back to your channel. Drop your channel link here let's follow each other and grow together.

My link
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEx9hveljKsu9YM2ztieucw?sub_confirmation=1
Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncmxz3qpHDg
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by chatwtme: 11:20am On Apr 23, 2020
roman1755:
I am also wondering how come when crude oil price (which is our major earner) has dropped astronomically.
oil sales are done 3 months upfront. So we have money for may too. Only June is issue , cos there is no sale.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 11:57am On Apr 23, 2020
Yohh:

If u no die, what of others that might not survive it?

They won't die as well... Thank you.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by cerpvad(m): 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
Na hin be say June go rugged oh for FG. Make una dey expect cut in salary. grin
chatwtme:
oil sales are done 3 months upfront. So we have money for may too. Only June is issue , cos there is no sale.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by AmandaLuv(f): 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
Good evening great people of this thread. Please my question is, are University recruitment part of the recruitment embargo placed by the federal government?

Secondly, do vice chancellors still have powers to make employment? from what I'm hearing about ippis, does it mean vice chancellors can no longer employ?

Questions are of serious concern.

Thank u in anticipation.

Cc roman1755, semid4lyfe, jmaine etal
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
AmandaLuv:
Good evening great people of this thread. Please my question is, are University recruitment part of the recruitment embargo placed by the federal government?

Secondly, do vice chancellors still have powers to make employment? from what I'm hearing about ippis, does it mean vice chancellors can no longer employ?

Thank u in anticipation.

Yes, the University is part of the recruitment embargo placed by the FG...

With IPPIS, it is even worse cos approval has to come from Abuja first, before the VCs can do anything.

In some instances, appointments will come from Abuja straight without the knowledge of the VCs. Imagine the possibility of that getting seriously abused.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Yohh: 5:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
AmandaLuv:

Thank u in anticipation.

Embargo cuts across all federal government MDAs.
Secondly, VCs are still the ones that will employ new staff and will then invite the IPPIS team for coverage.
Ideally, IPPIS team is supposed to visit each institution once a year to recruit new staff.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Newbreed2018: 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
jmaine:

Yes, the University is part of the recruitment embargo placed by the FG ...

With IPPIS, it is even worse cos approval has to come from Abuja first, before the VCs can do anything.

In some instances, appointments will come from Abuja straight without the knowledge of the VCs. Imagine the possibility of that getting seriously abused.
I thought universities are autonomous, can do their own internal recruitment on their own and therefore exempted because they are not part of the federal civil service?

Is this not what ASUU is currently fighting for.

Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 7:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
Newbreed2018:
I thought universities are autonomous, can do their own internal recruitment on their own and therefore exempted because they are not part of the federal civil service?

Is this not what ASUU is currently fighting for.

Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, that is currently what ASUU is fighting for in principle. But in reality, recruitment is not 100% autonomous from the FG, especially after the inception of the recession in 2016.

To be honest VCs abused this independence by recruiting haphazardly, so the FG had to place an embargo due to our depreciating crude oil revenue.

One of ASUU major rejection of IPPIS is premised on the fact that the platform ultimate desire is to put us at the mercy of the Abuja hawks.

A situation where we are totally subjected to civil service conditions . A battle they they fought and won against the military Junta.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Newbreed2018: 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
jmaine:

Yes, that is currently what ASUU is fighting for in principle. But in reality, recruitment is not 100% autonomous from the FG, especially after the inception of the recession in 2016.

To be honest VCs abused this independence by recruiting haphazardly, so the FG had to place an embargo due to our depreciating crude oil revenue.

One of ASUU major rejection of IPPIS is premised on the fact that the platform ultimate desire is to put us at the mercy of the Abuja hawks.

A situation where we are totally subjected to civil service conditions . A battle they they fought and won against the military Junta.
Succinctly put.

Gracias
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
Newbreed2018:
Succinctly put.

Gracias

You are welcome sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (267) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.