Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,984 members, 7,952,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:07 AM

Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? (14720 Views)

Opinion: Does Alter Call Have Any Significant Role In Salvation? / Endtimes : People Can Expect Significant Changes By 2030 - Don Koenig / Pictures Of Christians Celebrating Easter Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by mu2sa2: 7:51am On Dec 25, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Xmas is useless

Is not in the bible

Jesus didn't ask any one to celebrate his born day.

The only thing we all owe God is to keep his commandments and love our neighbors as our selves.

Simple.

Easter, Xmas are all useless and invented by men
This is another perspective on xmas and Easter celebrations. With all these arguments among Christians, how would a non- Christian, say a Buddhist, take Christians serious.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by edoairways: 7:53am On Dec 25, 2019
joyandfaith:

where do you see easter and Christmas in Bible ?
Easter means the dead and resurrection of Christ , Christmas means the birth of Christ. These were mentioned in the scriptures but the words were not exactly used. The word rapture wasn't mentioned in the bible same way christmas and easter werent however they were described
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by nairalee(m): 7:55am On Dec 25, 2019
Aristotle96:
nna ehn. As if the comparison is necessary. grin

I dey tell u. Dem go just wake up dey find matter where matter no dey. Them say Christmas day. Chop rice, chop chicken leave matter for Matthias

1 Like

Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 25, 2019
AerialMapper:
None! They are all pagan celebrations.

If Jesus died on a particular day; Good Friday, ever wondered why Easter Day varies annually? It is because it is determined by the position of the sun and picked on the day the sun shines directly above the equator.

Christmas? Well that’s the day according to the Roman Calendar that marks the Winter Solistice, when we begin to have longer days... again having to do with the sun

In summary, you are worshipping the Sun when you celebrate these two festivities.

Pagans

The Feast of Passover celebrated by the Jews yearly also varies according to the same reason the Easter date varies. Are the Jews also worshipping Sun? You should study about Passover calendars first, then you can understand mystery.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by HarryDuce(m): 7:55am On Dec 25, 2019
OP don't mind people calling your question irrelevant. It is not. People get defensive when they don't read their bibles and other books to broaden their knowledge of Christianity.

The birth of Jesus is not relevant as compared to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is the sole reason we're Christians; that is, Christ followers: His death and resurrection.

The 25th day of December has no significance to Christians as far Jesus Christ is concerned.

25th was made popular by pagans worshipping their god-- the sun. The Christians of old didn't like the idea of non Christian rituals gaining popularity year in year out even among Christians. Seeing that they couldn't stop the pagans, they decided to celebrate something on that day. As we can see, there was nothing more fitting than marking the birth of Jesus even though it is more ceremonial than significant.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Kenneth10110(m): 7:56am On Dec 25, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Xmas is useless

Is not in the bible

The only thing we all owe God is to keep his commandments and love our neighbors as our selves.

Simple.

See your name self mtscheww
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by edoairways: 7:57am On Dec 25, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Xmas is useless

Is not in the bible

Simple.

Same way new year and other celebrations were invented by man.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Homiesjinxbank: 7:57am On Dec 25, 2019
Both Christmas and Easter are importantial and significantial.. abeg carry your division post comot here
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by AerialMapper: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2019
babaolofin:

The Feast of Passover celebrated by the Jews yearly also varies according to the same reason the Easter date varies. Are the Jews also worshipping Sun? You should study about Passover calendars first, then you can understand mystery.

I have no business with the mysteries. If an individual died on a particular day and resurrected on a particular day, why does the day vary annually? The fact is that the celebration has pagan roots... simple
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by doctore212(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2019
I urgently need a confirmed Olosho contact in Gbagada.

This Christmas is boring.

My babe traveled.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by joyandfaith: 8:07am On Dec 25, 2019
edoairways:

Easter means the dead and resurrection of Christ , Christmas means the birth of Christ. These were mentioned in the scriptures but the words were not exactly used. The word rapture wasn't mentioned in the bible same way christmas and easter werent however they were described

Christmas and Easter are human inventions which were not originated from Lord Jesus Rapture is English word so it is different from invented traditions or festivals like Christmas or easter. Bible warned against following tradition of men.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by SamUnbeatable(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2019
both are very significant .. everything that has beginning has an end .. the birth is powerful and also the death is powerful .. dey are all crytalise under one mission....
the reason y he was born is to die and the reason y he died is to be born.., hahahahahah... I tink am ryt...
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by edoairways: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2019
joyandfaith:

Christmas and Easter are human inventions which were not originated from Lord Jesus Rapture is English word so it is different from invented traditions or festivals like Christmas or easter. Bible warned against following tradition of men.
Rapture, Christmas and Easter are human inventions. These weren't mentioned explicitly in the bible.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by femicyrus(m): 8:13am On Dec 25, 2019
nothing is wrong with His birthday, even Hitler, idi amin, buhari etc all celebrate birthdays. the death and resurrection of Christ is the whole essence of Christianity. hence, that is the most important to me than birthday
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by GMbuharii: 8:13am On Dec 25, 2019
nairalee:
Oga eat rice, show love and stop over analyzing everything. Both are equally significant.

EoD

1 Like

Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by brainhgeek(m): 8:14am On Dec 25, 2019
AerialMapper:

Oh my! So much pain and anguish over a post. You really have some issues going on with you that unfortunately I cannot help you with.
Go and make yourself a nice plate of rice and chicken and enjoy your day.

While you are stuffing your face, you can read this post as well
https://www.nairaland.com/5597247/six-churches-dont-celebrate-christmas

Pain? Anguish? You need to visit a friend to unwind my dear. I only suggested what you should do to take your announcements and education beyond the boarders of the internet. Bring it to life bro.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 25, 2019
anukulapo:

You meant his resurrection I believe.

Everyone is born, we'll all die; that's not so much of a big deal because it's common and "normal".

The miracle is the power of resurrection.
The power of a new life after death signifying our salvation from death.

Amen
No I meant His (kind of) death. Everyone dies but no single one has died without sinning.

That's not any kind of death, but the only kind of death that could bring about salvation and eternal lifd.

So His resurrection was just a formality, but His death was a necessity!

Oh I wish I could know the power of His death!

God bless.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Emusan(m): 8:16am On Dec 25, 2019
jesusjnr:
Without the birth of Jesus there would be no death, but i prefer to celebrate His death more than His birth, because that's where my eternal comes from.

God bless

Your eternity doesn't come from Christ death rather from Christ resurrection....

Resurrection is the basis of Christianity....
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by joyandfaith: 8:18am On Dec 25, 2019
edoairways:

Rapture, Christmas and Easter are human inventions. These weren't mentioned explicitly in the bible.

every invention has a inventor. have you asked yourself who invented Christmas and esther? Christmas and Easter were not celebrated until about 300 years after death of 12 apostles. so 12 apostles did not celebrate Christmas and easter? why are we doing ovresabi?
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Samanza89: 8:21am On Dec 25, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Xmas is useless

Is not in the bible

Simple.

May your blessings come in double portions.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Emusan(m): 8:21am On Dec 25, 2019
jesusjnr:
No I meant His (kind of) death. Everyone dies but no single one has died without sinning.

That's not any kind of death, but the only kind of death that could bring about salvation and eternal lifd.

So His resurrection was just a formality, but His death was a necessity!

Oh I wish I could know the power of His death!

God bless.

Stop turning scripture upside down....

Apostle Paul said "....that I may know the power of His resurrection"
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Emusan(m): 8:23am On Dec 25, 2019
joyandfaith:

every invention has a inventor. have you asked yourself who invented Christmas and esther? Christmas and Easter were not celebrated until about 300 years after death of 12 apostles. so 12 apostles did not celebrate Christmas and easter? why are we doing ovresabi?

But your organization also celebrates Easter....
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by AgentNairaland(f): 8:27am On Dec 25, 2019
Christmas Nah... Who Dey Ask This Kind Of Question...

No Death Without Birth
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 25, 2019
Emusan:

Stop turning scripture upside down....

Apostle Paul said "....that I may know the power of His resurrection"
It seems you miss road, or do you think I'm a worshipper of Paul and see him as the Holy Spirit as you do?

This is a greater revelation than that which Paul had, and if you can't see it I won't blame you, because you've refused to look beyond the man called Paul to Jesus who is the Master.

So next time you see me, don't mistake me for someone who is under obligation to Paul's teachings, for I am only under obligation to the teachings of Jesus.

So keep what Paul said to yourself!
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by joyandfaith: 8:35am On Dec 25, 2019
Emusan:

But your organization also celebrates Easter....

No sir. we commemorate death of jesus in obeying jesus command keep doing this in remembrance of me -luke 22:19. Easter celebration is rooted in paganism. that is why it always falls to Friday to Monday which may not correspond to Nissan 14 exact date jesus was killed in Jewish calendar.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Emusan(m): 8:45am On Dec 25, 2019
joyandfaith:
No sir. we commemorate death of jesus in obeying jesus command keep doing this in remembrance of me -luke 22:19. Easter celebration is rooted in paganism. that is why it always falls to Friday to Monday which may not correspond to Nissan 14 exact date jesus was killed in Jewish calendar.

See delusion...

But it has to be in the month and day of Easter....why not doing it in the month like September, October or even January?

Yet you agreed Easter is rooted in paganism....
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 25, 2019
Emusan:

Your eternity doesn't come from Christ death rather from Christ resurrection....

Resurrection is the basis of Christianity....
Lol!

Ignorance of the Truth.

Jesus didn't come to resurrect but to die for man's sin!!!

Matthew 1:21 (KJV) And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

John 12:27, 32-33 (KJV)

27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

John 11:50-51 (KJV)

50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

John 12:24 (KJV)

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

John 19:30 (KJV)

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

It was finished with His Death for that was the purpose of His coming, not resurrection for resurrection was just a formality.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Emusan(m): 8:50am On Dec 25, 2019
jesusjnr:
It seems you miss road, or do you think I'm a worshipper of Paul and see him as the Holy Spirit as you do?

This is a greater revelation than that which Paul had, and if you can't see it I won't blame you, because you've refused to look beyond the man called Paul to Jesus who is the Master.

So next time you see me, don't mistake me for someone who is under obligation to Paul's teachings, for I am only under obligation to the teachings of Jesus.

So keep what Paul said to yourself!

Smile....But Paul's Epistles were part of what you called 66 books of God's word or do you disagree with that?

Anyways, your fruit has identified you.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2019
Emusan:

Smile....But Paul's Epistles were part of what you called 66 books of God's word or do you disagree with that?

Anyways, your fruit has identified you.
Lol!

My fruit is the Truth!

The Truth is the Words of Jesus.

You can choose to agree with it or not.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Weirdgee: 8:54am On Dec 25, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Xmas is useless

Is not in the bible

Simple.

This guy na JW.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by judedwriter(m): 8:55am On Dec 25, 2019
Christmas is a thing of great joy; even unbelievers feel the joy in the atmosphere. BUT remember that Jesus prayed to the father to take away His cup of suffering meaning His crucifixion and death wasn't easy at all.

Jesus would have given up before the cross but He didn't. He submitted to the Father's will. This makes Easter worth more celebrating than Christmas. (So I think)
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by judedwriter(m): 8:56am On Dec 25, 2019
Christmas is a thing of great joy; even unbelievers feel the joy in the atmosphere. BUT remember that Jesus prayed to the father to take away His cup of suffering meaning His crucifixion and death wasn't easy at all.

Jesus would have given up before the cross but He didn't. He submitted to the Father's will. This makes Easter worth more celebrating than Christmas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / Benny Hinn's Miracle & Impartation Service At Christ Embassy / 10 Reasons Why It Is More Blessed To Give Than To Receive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.