Stats: 3,153,728 members, 7,820,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? (14246 Views)

Endtimes : People Can Expect Significant Changes By 2030 - Don Koenig / Pictures Of Christians Celebrating Easter Around The World / Significant Goliath's To Fall In Nigeria In 2018- Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by AerialMapper: 9:04am On Dec 25, 2019
brainhgeek:

Pain? Anguish? You need to visit a friend to unwind my dear. I only suggested what you should do to take your announcements and education beyond the boarders of the internet. Bring it to life bro.

Oh educated one; it is border and not boarders.

On a final note...

Tani bro é!
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by malvisguy212: 9:08am On Dec 25, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Xmas is useless

Is not in the bible

Jesus didn't ask any one to celebrate his born day.

The only thing we all owe God is to keep his commandments and love our neighbors as our selves.

Simple.

Easter, Xmas are all useless and invented by men
if you are born on a leap year, is it bad to chose any day to celebrate your birthday ? so it is Useless to celebrate your birthday ?
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by joyandfaith: 9:09am On Dec 25, 2019
[quote author=Emusan post=85200616]

See delusion...

But it has to be in the month and day of Easter....why not doing it in the month like September, October or even January?

Yet you agreed Easter is rooted in paganism....[/quote

Nissan is first month in Jewish calendar which corresponds to March/April in gregorian calendar. Nissan 14 can fall to anyday anyway week-Monday to Sunday not necessary Friday to Monday in Easter celebration.
For next year memorial of christ date Nissan 14 falls on Tueday 7 as against April 10 for good Friday.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Emusan(m): 9:21am On Dec 25, 2019
joyandfaith:

Nissan is first month in Jewish calendar which corresponds to March/April in gregorian calendar. Nissan 14 can fall to anyday anyway week-Monday to Sunday not necessary Friday to Monday in Easter celebration.
For next year memorial of christ date Nissan 14 falls on Tueday 7 as against April 10 for good Friday.

Where was it written in the scripture that the Jesus statement "Do this in remembrance of me" should be on Nissan 14?

On which day did Christ broke bread and drank wine with His disciples and said "Do this in remembrance of me"?
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:22am On Dec 25, 2019
nairalee:
Oga eat rice, show love and stop over analyzing everything. Both are equally significant.

You dey mind am... na the rice he needs grin grin

All that matters is to be in Christ..... !!

Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by joyandfaith: 9:27am On Dec 25, 2019
Emusan:

Where was it written in the scripture that the Jesus statement "Do this in remembrance of me" should be on Nissan 14?

On which day did Christ broke bread and drank wine with His disciples and said "Do this in remembrance of me"?

Jesus celebrated passover in nissan 14, after passover he introduced lord super. passover used to be marked on nissan 14 .
In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at dusk is the LORD's Passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD; seven days ye shall eat unleavened bread. In the first day ye shall have a holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work. And ye shall bring an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days; in the seventh day is a holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work. ( Leviticus 23:5–8
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by edoairways: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2019
joyandfaith:

every invention has a inventor. have you asked yourself who invented Christmas and esther? Christmas and Easter were not celebrated until about 300 years after death of 12 apostles. so 12 apostles did not celebrate Christmas and easter? why are we doing ovresabi?
You said Christmas and Easter are not in the bible now you are deviating from the original argument. I told you that those celebrations has its root in the bible same way rapture wasn't mentioned. Why not argue based on the scriptures instead of history
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by joyandfaith: 9:49am On Dec 25, 2019
edoairways:

You said Christmas and Easter are not in the bible now you are deviating from the original argument. I told you that those celebrations has its root in the bible same way rapture wasn't mentioned. Why not argue based on the scriptures instead of history

ok. what is the root of Christmas and Easter in the Bible?
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Emusan(m): 9:49am On Dec 25, 2019
joyandfaith:

Jesus celebrated passover in nissan 14, after passover he introduced lord super. passover used to be marked on nissan 14 .
In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at dusk is the LORD's Passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD; seven days ye shall eat unleavened bread. In the first day ye shall have a holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work. And ye shall bring an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days; in the seventh day is a holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work. ( Leviticus 23:5–8

Yet you claim He died on Nisan 14....

So to you what is easter?
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Alawode01(m): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2019
Both is very crucial
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by joyandfaith: 9:52am On Dec 25, 2019
Emusan:

Yet you claim He died on Nisan 14....

So to you what is easter?

he had passover meal with his disciples, started lord evening, arrested and died in nissan 14. read your bible well.

I do not celebrate easter.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Emusan(m): 9:54am On Dec 25, 2019
joyandfaith:

ok. what is the root of Christmas and Easter in the Bible?

The root of Christmas is the birth of Christ and the most important event that brings hope for everyone "The death & resurrection of Christ"

How does these pagan?

Which one do you have problem with....
1. The day The Birth of Christ is being celebrated or The actual Birthday of Christ itself?
2. The day Resurrection of Christ is being celebrated or the Death & Resurrection itself?

Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Emusan(m): 9:56am On Dec 25, 2019
joyandfaith:

he had passover meal with his disciples, started lord evening, arrested and died in nissan 14. read your bible well.

I do not celebrate easter.

Evening....but was arrested and move from prison to prison before crucifixion.

What is the meaning of easter? That's the question
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by joyandfaith: 10:02am On Dec 25, 2019
Emusan:

Evening....but was arrested and move from prison to prison before crucifixion.

What is the meaning of easter? That's the question

read your bible well. passover , lord meal, arrested, trial and dead took place on nissan 14.

we remember death of Jesus .Luke 22:19. I do not celebrate Easter. it is over syllabus.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by nnadychuks(m): 10:06am On Dec 25, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Xmas is useless

Is not in the bible

The only thing we all owe God is to keep his commandments and love our neighbors as our selves.

Simple.

Do you attend;
Birthdays?
Burials?
Parties?
Clubs?
School?
Because attending any of these or any celebrations at all only makes you an hypocrite, unless you mean all inventions of men are useless. Be happy, for today your savior was born...
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by caracas: 10:10am On Dec 25, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Xmas is useless

Is not in the bible

Simple.

IGNORANCE AT ITS PEAK
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by joyandfaith: 10:13am On Dec 25, 2019
Emusan:

The root of Christmas is the birth of Christ and the most important event that brings hope for everyone "The death & resurrection of Christ"

How does these pagan?

Which one do you have problem with....
1. The day The Birth of Christ is being celebrated or The actual Birthday of Christ itself?
2. The day Resurrection of Christ is being celebrated or the Death & Resurrection itself?

oh.continue your celebrations. do you think you know more than Jesus who gives us both specific and general instructions?. I will not rather assume that he will be happy if I decide to do thing he does not command because I feel it is good. command in luke 22:19 is ok for me.you cannot know more than your master.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Liposure: 10:21am On Dec 25, 2019
Chrismas. luke 2:10-11:but the angel reassured them dont be afraid! he said i bring you good news of great joy for everyone! The savior yes the messiah the lord has been born tonight in bethlehem.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by TruthHurts100: 10:24am On Dec 25, 2019
None. All has pagan origin
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by mechanics(m): 10:25am On Dec 25, 2019
Easter.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by DeRay98(m): 10:39am On Dec 25, 2019
2kaybiel:
His death gave meaning to Christianity. Without the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, it will be like other prophets that have been before.

I give respect to His death and resurrection than His birth. His birth will just be like every other people's birth if there has not been the death and resurrection.

"A+" for your answer.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by RexTramadol1: 10:44am On Dec 25, 2019
Jesus knows we are doing our best

For signs, his death

Global acclaim, his birth.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by brainhgeek(m): 11:31am On Dec 25, 2019
AerialMapper:

On a final note...

Tani bro é!

Google is free. It's like you are feeling pained. Don't come to a mud-fight with your white garment. Don't throw shades on the internet and expect not to be quoted or questioned. Pocket your aggression. It's of no use here.
Thanks for pointing out my 'border' oversight.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by brainhgeek(m): 11:32am On Dec 25, 2019
AerialMapper:

On a final note...

Tani bro é!

Google is free. It's like you are feeling pained. Don't come to a mud-fight with your white garment. Don't throw shades on the internet and expect not to be quoted or questioned. Pocket your aggression. It's of no use here.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by AerialMapper: 11:42am On Dec 25, 2019
brainhgeek:

I’m really confused now. What shade did I throw ? What mud did I sling? What white garment did I flaunt? All I said was that Easter and Christmas stem from paganism.
Oya, in the spirit of the season, no more argument. Easter and Christmas have equal significance! They are both important
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Samnavy: 11:44am On Dec 25, 2019
Christmas
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by deebrain(m): 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2019
Easter (or Resurrection day as I prefer to call it) is more significant and ought to have been celebrated more.

The birth is so important, but the benefits of the death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ cannot be over emphasized. It is huge.

What happened to the Easter I believe, must have been our emotions over the manner of death and suffering of Jesus Christ and probably the fact that the Christmas celebration comes like a forerunner to the New Year celebration. Many celebrate it almost like the same thing.

Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by host4windeck(m): 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
Christmas is the reason for everything we celebrate.
Re: Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant? by Kirinwa: 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2019
johnmba:
Which of the 2 is more important in the Christian world.

Can someone explain with reasons

His death wouldn't have occurred without His birth thus both are very significant.

His birth brought Hope while His Death brought salvation and redemption.

Ori (the Head) / Laurie Idahosa: Breast Cancer Killed My Grandmothers / Do Dreams Tell The Future?