Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,672 members, 7,813,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers (10624 Views)

Post Your Pc Issues And Get Quick solution / Lenovo Repair Canada Is Here To Fix Your Common Pc Issues / Are You Having Issues With Your Personal Computer? Post The Issues Here.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by Ayus4u(m): 11:13am On Jan 16, 2020
yomifowe:

Kindly throw more light on the issue. Since when has this been happening? After an update, reinstalling OS or recent development? Does it happen to only videos or both video and audio?

started about 6 months ago. I did not install nor update any thing on my system.
the video will display picture without talking despite I have increase the volume
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by Vasgas: 6:54am On Jan 17, 2020
Good morning Engineers.
Can the absent of a particular driver stop a External HDD from displaying it's content on a laptop?
I'm unable to access my External HDD
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
Vasgas:
Good morning Engineers.
Can the absent of a particular driver stop a External HDD from displaying it's content on a laptop?
I'm unable to access my External HDD

No it can’t. Probably your HDD is failing. Pls give more explanation on what you observed.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 1:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ayus4u:

started about 6 months ago. I did not install nor update any thing on my system.
the video will display picture without talking despite I have increase the volume

Pls send me a mail yomi_fowe@yahoo.com let’s talk more on this issue.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by Vasgas: 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
yomifowe:

No it can’t. Probably your HDD is failing. Pls give more explanation on what you observed.
Nothing much except that the HDD will spin for minutes and in the window explore local disc E is display but I can't view the content
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2020
Vasgas:

Nothing much except that the HDD will spin for minutes and in the window explore local disc E is display but I can't view the content

So sorry to inform you bro cos it’s seems your hard disk has failed .
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by Vasgas: 8:52am On Jan 18, 2020
yomifowe:

So sorry to inform you bro cos it’s seems your hard disk has failed .
Thanks
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by sheggsliveth: 9:58am On Jan 18, 2020
Good morning friends, thinking of building my first pc game I need to get the amount of all this items...I need a clue on how much it will cost don't wanna roam in the market comparing prices .

Gaming case very cheap that transparent
Core processor i5 6th edition I know 8th edition is expensive don't mind used ones,or Amd Ryzen 7
500w power supply

I already have the following in my cart

GT 1030 2gb of ram graphics card
Vengencen gaming Ram 12gb
Gaming mother board.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by AkProsper(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hello, my laptop (just bought it) is consuming data heavily. I use internet from my phone. just 5 pages and 500mb is gone. Laptop is Window 10.

Any way out.
NB: Automatic update is disabled
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 18, 2020
I've a 500gb Toshiba sata HDD I'm using as external hard drive, which is very slow during file transfer (copy or move) . With sometimes a speed less than 1mb/s as average.

Pls how do I go about its fixing?
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by Veiniously: 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2020
AkProsper:
Hello, my laptop (just bought it) is consuming data heavily. I use internet from my phone. just 5 pages and 500mb is gone. Laptop is Window 10.

Any way out.
go to setting then connection scroll down u will set set data limit click it put like 1gb or 500mb mind you you must be connected to that particular device to set for that device each new network or modern you must set it again if not it will continue updating windows app
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by Veiniously: 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2020
AkProsper:

Any way out.
follow

Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 12:26am On Jan 20, 2020
AkProsper:

Any way out.

This is because win 10 is an always-on Data-hungry application. Go through this post, apply it and you’ll be fine. Kindly find link below;
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/249254/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-using-so-much-data/amp/
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 8:08am On Jan 20, 2020
Chechekojnr:
I've a 500gb Toshiba sata HDD I'm using as external hard drive, which is very slow during file transfer (copy or move) . With sometimes a speed less than 1mb/s as average.

Pls how do I go about its fixing?

File transfer speed is more often than not a function of either the state of your hard drive, internet speed (in case of internet copy or move) or the size of the files in question. So pls check these criteria I mentioned; i just hope your external HDD is failing?
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2020
yomifowe:

File transfer speed is more often than not a function of either the state of your hard drive, internet speed (in case of internet copy or move) or the size of the files in question. So pls check these criteria I mentioned; i just hope your external HDD is failing?
thanks, will do just that
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by daddio(m): 10:07am On Jan 20, 2020
GOOD MORNING TO YOU ENGINEERS, PLEASE I UPGRADED MY HP 650 LAPTOP FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 8. BUT SINCE THEN I'D BEEN UNABLE TO REDUCE ITS BRIGHTNESS, PLEASE WHAT COULD I DO TO GET THIS RECTIFIED. THANKS GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2020
daddio:
GOOD MORNING TO YOU ENGINEERS, PLEASE I UPGRADED MY HP 650 LAPTOP FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 8. BUT SINCE THEN I'D BEEN UNABLE TO REDUCE ITS BRIGHTNESS, PLEASE WHAT COULD I DO TO GET THIS RECTIFIED. THANKS GOD BLESS YOU.

Kindly update the system’s drivers, that should fix these issue.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by daddio(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2020
yomifowe:

Kindly update the system’s drivers, that should fix these issue.

okay, thanks
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by adolf444: 12:52pm On Jan 20, 2020
Expert in the house. Pls, my laptop giving sign of booting these days (showing normal startup process),but most times just remain like that and not come up. Please what may be the reason for this and what can I do?
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2020
adolf444:
Expert in the house. Pls, my laptop giving sign of booting these days (showing normal startup process),but most times just remain like that and not come up. Please what may be the reason for this and what can I do?

I hope and pray that it manages to come up one more time because if it does, just back it up cos I it’s either of two things; your operating system will crash and you’ll have to reinstall it which is a better option, or your hard drive has started failing (worst case) and you might be needing a replacement.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by adolf444: 1:52pm On Jan 20, 2020
yomifowe:

I hope and pray that it manages to come up one more time because if it does, just back it up cos I it’s either of two things; your operating system will crash and you’ll have to reinstall it which is a better option, or your hard drive has started failing (worst case) and you might be needing a replacement.

I believe the former has to do with reinstalling the windows, but what can be done to avert the later. Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2020
adolf444:

I believe the former has to do with reinstalling the windows, but what can be done to avert the later. Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Hard drives are like engines, due to the cycles, vibrations and how they work, they really don’t last forever. I don’t know Howe long you’ve been using your laptop but it seem your hard drive, like an engine is tired and needs to be worked on.
You have two options, that is if the hard drive is the issue. One is to backup and format, it migh still work due to the fact that formatting clears the drive of virus removes anything disturbing smooth running and second option is to backup and replace the drive.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by adolf444: 5:17pm On Jan 20, 2020
yomifowe:

Hard drives are like engines, due to the cycles, vibrations and how they work, they really don’t last forever. I don’t know Howe long you’ve been using your laptop but it seem your hard drive, like an engine is tired and needs to be worked on.
You have two options, that is if the hard drive is the issue. One is to backup and format, it migh still work due to the fact that formatting clears the drive of virus removes anything disturbing smooth running and second option is to backup and replace the drive.

Thanks v much. Very helpful.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by BOLA625(m): 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
I successfully install windows 10 pro as my new O.S. on my Laptop today, How will I install windows 10 August update 2019 from the installation disc. Will I install as software or as I install windows 10 operatin system. Urgent reply needed.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by Veiniously: 6:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
BOLA625:
I successfully install windows 10 pro as my new O.S. on my Laptop today, How will I install windows 10 August update 2019 from the installation disc. Will I install as software or as I install windows 10 operatin system. Urgent reply needed.
relax no update on dat disk just sub like 10gb on your data watch it zap and update
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2020
BOLA625:

If the OS you installed is the original one from Microsoft, the. You don’t need to install any other thing. However, if it is the Ikeja version, you might need to install other things...
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by drunkpunk(m): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
My laptop immediately after resuming windows would not go past this point. Please help.

Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by Kunlexity(m): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2020
yomifowe:
Good evening all. I am an experienced Network /computer Engr with many years of experience. I am now giving back to the society. Kindly post your PC issues here for prompt answers.

I’m Engr fix it.
Good day bro... I want to activate windows 8,what's best possible way to go about it?
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by Kunlexity(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2020
yomifowe:
Good evening all. I am an experienced Network /computer Engr with many years of experience. I am now giving back to the society. Kindly post your PC issues here for prompt answers.

I’m Engr fix it.
Please I'd also be glad if you could recommend any website to download free software that is non-trial version.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2020
drunkpunk:
My laptop immediately after resuming windows would not go past this point. Please help.

This usually happen after you put on your laptop after a long or series of continuous hibernation. It’s really not an issue (or should I say shouldn’t be an issue). It’s cos the computer has gone into ‘comma’.

Continue to hit on the enter key softly this should ‘wake up’ the PC.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2020
Kunlexity:

Good day bro... I want to activate windows 8,what's best possible way to go about it?

The cd or the folder you installed the win 8 on should have the activator. Alternatively, you can go online and look for ‘ free windows activator’. This is dangerous as you’ll end up downloading a lot of junk, even Trojan if you’re not careful (trust me, I’m speaking from experience). You might eventually get it , but you’ll download a lot of trash cos majority of the links you follow will be either adverts, viruses, even Trojan.

The best way is to either buy the ‘Ikeja activator ‘ or ‘kmspico activator ‘ or just give it to a technician to help out, just a little amount will help out.
Re: Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers by yomifowe(m): 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2020
Kunlexity:

Please I'd also be glad if you could recommend any website to download free software that is non-trial version.

What kind of soft way are you looking for? Cos it depends on what you’re looking for. If it is drivers, it’s everywhere online. Pls reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Windows 7 Activator Counting Down: No Activation Key / How Can I Change 7.2mbps HSDPA Modem Language From Indonesia To English / ~~How To Use A Hotfile Premium Cookie~~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.